Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #241
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
honestly, the idiotic injecion of positivity by some posters is disgusting during games like this
Sorry Wraith, it's one thing to lose HCA and it's certainly doesn't help to have the national media blowing hot air up every opponents a$$ because performances like this make us look like were not for real. Fuk the media, but I agree stepping out of the #1 seed race in this pathetic manner is certainly not cause for positive thinking!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #242
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

It's OK. Mavs take their medicine tonight. JHo coming back Friday, right?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #243
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dude....

health and home court matter in the playoffs.

Period.

Dallas will not beat teams in the playoffs without homecourt. They will not beat teams in the playoffs if they aren't healthy.

Now that homecourt isn't an option they better pray that they get healthy.

I still think they can win against the Spurs will healthy. But a realist has to look at the percentages. How many teams win game 7 on the road?

So while you can have faith... that's fine. Dallas blew their opoportunity to win the Southwest. It's unfortunate. Because the 1 seed and the 4th seed would probably the the difference between the exiting in the second round... and winning it all.

To each their own.

And I am not "gloating" about them losng. I sure wish they would win. But they put themselves behind the 8 ball. So when it gets sunk... and someone points it out. Don't immediately say" HE'S NOT A FAN! HE'S NOT A FAN!"

When I've watched just as many games as most here. So screw that.

Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 03-29-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #244
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Sorry Wraith, it's one thing to lose HCA and it's certainly doesn't help to have the national media blowing hot air up every opponents a$$ because performances like this make us look like were not for real. Fuk the media, but I agree stepping out of the #1 seed race in this pathetic manner is certainly not cause for positive thinking!

I'm sorry you find these losses hard to stomach. Fandome isn't always for those weak in the knees.

Honestly, some of the expectations around here are beyond reason. Or do some refuse to realize how much our team is downgraded with the absence of Griffin, JHO and Devin?

Knitting classes that way ------------->>>>>>>>

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-29-2006 at 09:46 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #245
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If you would stop shouting, perhaps you could listen a bit.

HCA IS NOT EVERYTHING IN THE PLAYOFFS. HAVING HEALTHY PLAYERS IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT. WITH THREE GUYS IN STREET CLOTHES, IT WON'T MATTER IF THEY SCHEDULE EVERY SINGLE PLAY-OFF GAME AT THE AAC - THEY WILL BE OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND. THEY NEED HEALTHY PLAYERS. YOU ARE OVERREACTING. ISN'T CAPS LOCK INCREDIBLEY ANNOYING!
Caps lock isn't that annoying, Mary I hope you are right, I hope I'm wrong and that San Antonia suffers an injury to one of their key players because POPS put them on the court at 80%. I know Duncan is not playing at 100%. If we take them in the 2nd round I will publicly apologize for overreacting, I just don't think Avery's strategy is correct on this one. I agree with his defense first philosophy, but I don't agree with playing for the #4, and I think that's what were doing. Mary, I pray you're right, but I don't think you are... I guess you just have more faith than me....

And by the way, I alway knit during Mavs games it helps me with my nervessssessssss
I don't need no stinking classes...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 03-29-2006 at 09:49 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #246
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What would you like the Mavs to do locked up tonight? I'm sorry, but they are not going to be the best team in the league without 3 of their best players... It's just not going to happen.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #247
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What would you like the Mavs to do locked up tonight? I'm sorry, but they are not going to be the best team in the league without 3 of their best players... It's just not going to happen.
So when you say it you're smart?

When I said it earlier in the thread I was a dumbf*ck or a troll.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:54 PM   #248
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe that's what you said. I didn't say that they couldn't play better than what they did tonight. Please, don't twist what I say.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #249
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

The mavs and suns are fading..

Watch out in the playoffs.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #250
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
So when you say it you're smart?

When I said it earlier in the thread I was a dumbf*ck or a troll.
The difference is you spent the whole dang GDT knocking my team? And from what I saw my team was busting butt again trying to compete.

I don't seem much different in the way you were posting and a troll to be honest. Just don't.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 PM   #251
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
The difference is you spent the whole dang GDT knocking my team? And from what I saw my team was busting butt again trying to compete.

I don't seem much different in the way you were posting and a troll to be honest. Just don't.
But Dude, you've got to be rosy and cheery, and not disappointed or give up faith love hope... or some such.

So I've been told.

Because if you say a game is over... you must not be a fan of the team.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #252
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone needs a Zoloft.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #253
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
Someone needs a Zoloft.
Remind me again on April 15th or so when the Mavs have the 4th seed.

I get bashed for saying what is probably going to happen. I didn't come to that conclusion based on anything other than the percetanges. Last night when Dallas lost against Detroit... it pretty much seled their fate the last 11 games. Tonight definitely id.

It means SA will have to lose 3 games (1 of them being a loss to Dallas). It will also mean Dallas can only loss two games (with none of those being to SA.)

The odds of it happening are not very good. So I am a realist when I say they are getting the 4th seed.

But I should be in denial and say it's still possible. Yeah. Just like winning game 7 on the road is possible too. That's what every team says going into game 7. But they only win about 20% of the time.. if they are lucky.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:26 AM   #254
Drbio
Banned

The end message isn't a problem Bayliss....it is all the pissing and whining that you do and the woe is me losers mentality that you bring to every GDT. I think if you could shed the whiney bullcrap that you would realize most people agree about the realistic chances fo the Mavs.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #255
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Quote:
The end message isn't a problem Bayliss....it is all the pissing and whining that you do and the woe is me losers mentality that you bring to every GDT. I think if you could shed the whiney bullcrap that you would realize most people agree about the realistic chances fo the Mavs.
Maybe it's because you, Murph, etc feel the need to "bitch" at every single poster whom yall deem as "unworthy" instead of just ignoring them.

It's funny... this board used to bitch and moan all the time about not having an ignore feature. Now that the board has one... the ones who always bitched about it... never use it.

Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 03-30-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #256
Drbio
Banned

Sorry but that crap don't fly. It is patently obvious that you clutter the GDT's wiht your consistent losers mentality thrid grade whining. You only seem to revel in Mavs failure and that jsut grinds on the nerves of all true Mavs fans.

I hear mavtalk is a good place for whiners.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #257
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

say: stop the insanity!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #258
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

EL - what happened to your old avatar (2003?)? The one with the girl's face?
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #259
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

the girl from diff'rent strokes?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:38 AM   #260
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
the girl from diff'rent strokes?
Ah...thanks.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #261
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

who, tooty?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #262
Murphy3
Guru

RCF/Locked Up Tonight, you ALWAYS give up. I would hate to be associated with you in real life. The Mavs are down 12 or so in the SECOND quarter of a game earlier in the season and you're freaking saying that it'd take a miracle for them to come back. And yes, they easily come back.

Damn, I'm much closer to being a negative person as opposed to always looking at the bright side... But you almost make me want to end it all every time I have to read your crap. You go so far overboard...