Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
This just goes to show how much people here value scoring over all other aspects of the game. If Kidd didnt play the way he did, then our team wouldnt have gelled the way it did last night and wouldnt have scored so easily. Kidd may not have been at his peak performance, but he was definitely far away from "completely useless."

Kidd had 2 steals, 2 blocked shots, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds. That is still very effective without scoring. Id be happy with that every night if the rest of the team is able to score more efficiently.
....you can never judge Kidd's effectiveness by stats. One set had him grab the loose ball and fire a 50 foot pass to JHo, where JHo pulled for a 10 foot jumper. Another had him getting a strip and firing it down where JHo finishes it off again.

The thing I've always hated about Kidd was not being a leader on the court, not demanding the rock and running sets that take advantage of mismatches. He'll drop the rock to Dirk and let Dirk pound the rock or JHo run the shot clock down, trying to create something....this is Kidd's job. He won't demand these guys to move and create passing lanes for catch and shoots. I love watching Terry just catch, rhythm dribble and shoot. I think early in the Boston game Perkins somehow got Kidd on his hip and he got the rock right away. A Kidd led team, should be able to take advantage of these things...yet they don't because of the constant dribbling.

Last edited by Kidd Karma; 01-29-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: grammar
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
....you can never judge Kidd's effectiveness by stats. One set had him grab the loose ball and fire a 50 foot pass to JHo, where JHo pulled for a 10 foot jumper. Another had him getting a strip and firing it down where JHo finishes it off again.

The thing I've always hated about Kidd was not being a leader on the court, not demanding the rock and running sets that take advantage of mismatches. He'll drop the rock to Dirk and let Dirk pound the rock or JHo run the shot clock down, trying to create something....this is Kidd's job. He won't demand these guys to move and create passing lanes for catch and shoots. I love watching Terry just catch, rhythm dribble and shoot. I think early in the Boston game Perkins somehow got Kidd on his hip and he got the rock right away. A Kidd led team, should be able to take advantage of these things...yet they don't because of the constant dribbling.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...
He defers way too much. In games where probably 75% is run in the half court, he can easily carve up a man to man defense, yet he defers way too much to Dirk and JHo, allowing them to go 1 on 1. Kidd's the point, his job is to create for himself and others. He's not doing that in the half court. If you're playing 2-2, 1-1 you're allowing the other 3-4 defenders to rest. If there's much more movement, picks, ala the Celtics, your offense would be much more smoother. This is where Kidd must force the team to execute the offense by moving around in the half court, moving around with purpose. Instead half of the half court sets, he's pushing the ball to Jet, or Dirk or JHo with 17 left on the shot clock.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
He defers way too much. In games where probably 75% is run in the half court, he can easily carve up a man to man defense, yet he defers way too much to Dirk and JHo, allowing them to go 1 on 1. Kidd's the point, his job is to create for himself and others. He's not doing that in the half court. If you're playing 2-2, 1-1 you're allowing the other 3-4 defenders to rest. If there's much more movement, picks, ala the Celtics, your offense would be much more smoother. This is where Kidd must force the team to execute the offense by moving around in the half court, moving around with purpose. Instead half of the half court sets, he's pushing the ball to Jet, or Dirk or JHo with 17 left on the shot clock.

Yeah, I'm not sure sure about this anymore. He can't really beat his man off the dribble and needs to run the picka nd roll more often. It seems to suit his game more when they are in half court.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure sure about this anymore. He can't really beat his man off the dribble and needs to run the picka nd roll more often. It seems to suit his game more when they are in half court.
No, in a motion offense, he would not have to beat his man, just wait for the other 4 players to move around, whether creating picks, rubbing off each other, or running the z and going back door. Kidd will always find the open man and deliver it into scoring position. Seems the other 4 have no desire to move without the rock. I guess each of them would be frustrated if they think they're open and Kidd doesn't deliver it, means less and less movement as the game progresses.

Tags
bad team, blowout, cheap gold, excellent, tags slump