Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #441
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

If those are his particular criteria, then I guess he makes sense.

Dirk isn't a particularly good passer or defender, although I would argue he most certainly does open up shots for team-mates.

I just disagree with his criteria.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #442
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is, dirk IS a good passer and he is at least as good defensively as lebron and kobe have been this year while being light years better than nash.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #443
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I just want them to win, and win, and get the championship and then let Dirk get the Finals MVP. But they will probably give that to Jho or Terry or something.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #444
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

This is how Dirk gets the MVP.

Mavs go undefeated next year
Dirk shoots 100% for the year in FG% and tp%
Dirk averages 20 assistsper game
Dirk averages 40 rebounds per game
Dirk averages 10 steals a game
The Mavs seep every team on the road to the championship
Dirk sucks the d*ck of all media members that vote for MVP>

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 04-11-2006 at 05:07 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #445
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

I'm not going to support the guys position, I'm just saying that based upon those criteria I can somewhat understand where he's coming from.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #446
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Thats wrong though. There is no possible definition by which elton brand or even steve nash for that matter should be ahead of dirk nowitzki for mvp.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #447
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Bucher's been involved in one too many love making sessions with Kobe.

He is the world's biggest tool at BSPN, now surpassing Chad Ford.

Last edited by aexchange; 04-11-2006 at 05:40 PM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #448
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

What does BSPN stand for again?
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #449
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

NBA.com is asking for our MVP'(also all the other awards) where you should also wrote a case why. I just sent one in but I don't think it will be shown ^^

"I think Nowitzki is the MVP of the league because of a few reasons. First of all he is leading the same Mavericks as last year minus Michael Finlay plus a few Rookies and Diop to a better record. Even so most of the predictions made by so called experts had them in the 3rd spot in their Division alone. Second he has done that as the clear leader of the team that also had a lot of injuries to battle. I think only the Rockets have been hit harder. He does this in one of the stronger Divisions in the much harder Western Conference. Also Nowitzki's defense has gotten a lot better and his passing gets overseen all the time. Also Dirk does put the team before everything else playing team ball in the process which is a reason why his stats aren't as eye worthy as maybe Kobe's still he is one of the if not THE matchup nightmare in the NBA.

I think his image which is still often known as a soft european is hurting him (which by no means apply anymore) also that he is no spectacular dunker as a lot of other people is a reason why some people will not vote for him. But in my opinion and I think a lot of people think like me Dirk is the MVP of this season. He put the Team on the back and is battling for the first place in West. Even if he doesn't win it which I think will happen (ESPN and much of the other media is pushing all buttons for LeBron who will win it) I know that he is the unsung hero of this season."

I think I forgot so many other points I wanted to point out but I'm tired now =D

Last edited by NXperience; 04-11-2006 at 06:59 PM.
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #450
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bucher may have shown himself to be one of the most idiotic "analysts" I have ever seen. When you are more stupid than Randy Galloway you are really PRETTY stupid. Leaving dirk off initially was stupid, calling Josh the mavs MVP is close to criminal.

So Josh went down Nov26. His last game was against the grizzlies, the next game he played was against Dec 12th against the lakers. Both losses by the way.

Okay so he missed 8 games. The mavs went 6-2. Losses to Milwaukee and the Spurs.

Then he goes out again Mar 12 against Kings, comes back March 31 against Magic (both losses). Only this time he takes 3 extra of the top 8 players. Mavs go 5-4. Even with half of his lineup out Dirk gets the team over .500.

Now what do we think those records would have been without dirk for the 6-2 and with Dirk, Griffin, Devin, KVH out.

Boucher is a complete stinking idiot. Galloway and the other fella aren't much better as they lumped the 6-2 and the 5-4 together as if the only thing going was josh being out so the mavs went 11-6. Which is still better than the rapist can do. Sheesh...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #451
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe would vote for himself.

What a guy.

Quote:
Asked for whom he'd vote with an MVP ballot, Bryant said: "I'd vote for myself."
http://ocregister.com/ocregister/spo...le_1095415.php

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 PM   #452
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

What a guy.

http://ocregister.com/ocregister/spo...le_1095415.php
I would've been surprised if that weren't the case!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #453
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

What a guy.
What a guy indeed.

Someone should send him a consolatory fruit basket when the Lakers are knocked out of the first round...for the next 5 years.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #454
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Bucher may have shown himself to be one of the most idiotic "analysts" I have ever seen. When you are more stupid than Randy Galloway you are really PRETTY stupid. Leaving dirk off initially was stupid, calling Josh the mavs MVP is close to criminal.

So Josh went down Nov26. His last game was against the grizzlies, the next game he played was against Dec 12th against the lakers. Both losses by the way.

Okay so he missed 8 games. The mavs went 6-2. Losses to Milwaukee and the Spurs.

Then he goes out again Mar 12 against Kings, comes back March 31 against Magic (both losses). Only this time he takes 3 extra of the top 8 players. Mavs go 5-4. Even with half of his lineup out Dirk gets the team over .500.

Now what do we think those records would have been without dirk for the 6-2 and with Dirk, Griffin, Devin, KVH out.

Boucher is a complete stinking idiot. Galloway and the other fella aren't much better as they lumped the 6-2 and the 5-4 together as if the only thing going was josh being out so the mavs went 11-6. Which is still better than the rapist can do. Sheesh...

Amen!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #455
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Head-2-head records of all MVP candidates thus far:

1. Billups (10-4) vs Nash (2-0), Dirk (1-1), Kobe (1-1), Brand (2-0), Wade (2-1), Bron (2-1)

2. Dirk (10-5) vs Nash (2-1), Kobe (1-2), Brand (3-0), Wade (2-0), Bron (1-1), Billups (1-1)

3. Nash (9-7) vs Dirk (1-2), Kobe (3-0), Brand (2-2), Wade (2-0), Bron (1-1), Billups (0-2)

4. Kobe (7-9) vs Nash (0-3), Dirk (2-1), Brand (2-2), Wade (1-1), Bron (1-1), Billups (1-1)

4. Bron (7-9) vs Nash (1-1), Dirk (1-1), Kobe (1-1), Brand (1-1), Wade (2-2), Billups (1-2)

6. Wade (6-9) vs Nash (1-1), Dirk (0-2), Kobe (1-1), Brand (1-1), Bron (2-2), Billups (1-2)

7. Brand (6-11) vs Nash (2-2), Dirk (0-3), Kobe (2-2), Wade (1-1), Bron (1-1), Billups (0-2)

Last edited by V2M; 04-11-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #456
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Head-2-head records of all MVP candidates thus far:

1. Billups (10-4) vs Nash (2-0), Dirk (1-1), Kobe (1-1), Brand (2-0), Wade (2-1), Bron (2-1)

2. Dirk (10-5) vs Nash (2-1), Kobe (1-2), Brand (3-0), Wade (2-0), Bron (1-1), Billups (1-1)

3. Nash (9-7) vs Dirk (1-2), Kobe (3-0), Brand (2-2), Wade (2-0), Bron (1-1), Billups (0-2)

4. Kobe (7-9) vs Nash (0-3), Dirk (2-1), Brand (2-2), Wade (1-1), Bron (1-1), Billups (1-1)

4. Bron (7-9) vs Nash (1-1), Dirk (1-1), Kobe (1-1), Brand (1-1), Wade (2-2), Billups (1-2)

6. Wade (6-9) vs Nash (1-1), Dirk (0-2), Kobe (1-1), Brand (1-1), Bron (2-2), Billups (1-2)

7. Brand (6-11) vs Nash (2-2), Dirk (0-3), Kobe (2-2), Wade (1-1), Bron (1-1), Billups (0-2)
I wonder how it would look if we could see which team has lost the most games from starters due to injury this season?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #457
V2M
Diamond Member

Team Records of all 7 MVP candidates thus far:

1. Billups (62-15)
2. Dirk (59-19)
3. Nash (50-26)
4. Wade (50-27)
5. Bron (47-30)
6. Brand (44-33)
7. Kobe (41-37)
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #458
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I wonder how it would look if we could see which team has lost the most games from starters due to injury this season?
Good point, Sike. I'll see if I can find that info somewhere. If someone knows of a site I could research, I'd appreciate it. I normally check out only sports.yahoo.com & nba.com.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #459
V2M
Diamond Member

Efficiency rankings of all 7 MVP candidates thus far:

1. Lebron (29.82)
2. Brand (28.61)
3. Kobe (27.46)
4. Wade (27.3)
5. Dirk (27.26)
6. Nash (24.24)
7. Billups (21.58)
Old 04-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #460
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasCowboy
If those are his particular criteria, then I guess he makes sense.

Dirk isn't a particularly good passer or defender, although I would argue he most certainly does open up shots for team-mates.

I just disagree with his criteria.
I don't think anyone on the coaching staff or the team would have a problem with Dirk's passing abilities.

EastDallasCowboy, you're like the natinal media... It takes you several years before you catch up with reality. You base your opinions on the old reality when things have clearly changed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #461
V2M
Diamond Member

All-Star team-mates for the MVP candidates:

1. Dirk (0)
1. Kobe (0)
1. Lebron (0)
1. Brand (0)
5. Wade (1 - Shaq)
5. Nash (1 - Marion)
7. Billups (3 - Rip, Sheed, Ben)
Old 04-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #462
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

it should NOT be nash again, that is BS, they cant give it two years in a row.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #463
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Clippers and Lakers record should knock them out. That leaves Dirk, James, Wade, Nash, and Billups. Billups, Wade, and Nash.. Well, an argument can be made that none of them are the clear cut best player on their team. That rules them out. Dirk vs Lebron...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #464
V2M
Diamond Member

Nestle Crunch Time Stat (measure of clutch time performances!) for the MVP candidates thus far:

1. Dirk (310)
2. Lebron (297)
3. Billups (283)
4. Nash (282)
5. Kobe (251)
6. Wade (N/A)
6. Brand (N/A)

Wade & Brand were outside of the top 15 in the league and hence I couldn't find their rating points.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #465
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

I don't know if these stats are worth anything but here are the winning % of Divisions from the players with and without their team:

Dirk: 0,5994 (w/o Mavs 0,5603)
Billups: 0,5675 (w/o Detroit 0,5081)
Lebron: 0,5675 (w/o Cavs 0,557)
Nash: 0,5352 (w/o Suns 0,5045)
Brand: 0,5352 (w/o Clippers 0,5263)
Kobe: 0,5352 (w/o Lakers 0,5375)
Wade: 0,4375 (w/o Heat 0,3833)

These Stats are from before todays games (so they are not including SA and Memphis wins)

For reference:
Atlantic: 0,4242
Northwest: 0,4362

Last edited by NXperience; 04-11-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #466
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The Clippers and Lakers record should knock them out. That leaves Dirk, James, Wade, Nash, and Billups. Billups, Wade, and Nash.. Well, an argument can be made that none of them are the clear cut best player on their team. That rules them out. Dirk vs Lebron...
I agree... for anyone with an iota of brain (i.e. anyone not working for ESPN!) could see this as a 2 horse race between Dirk & Lebron.

For those who care for Stats more than the Wins, it otta' be Lebron. And for those who care for Wins, especially those obtained in the tougher conference, the toughest division and amidst a myriad injuries to team-mates, the clear favorite otta' be Dirk.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #467
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Efficiency rankings of all 7 MVP candidates thus far:

1. Lebron (29.82)
2. Brand (28.61)
3. Kobe (27.46)
4. Wade (27.3)
5. Dirk (27.26)
6. Nash (24.24)
7. Billups (21.58)
Where are you getting these? Hollingers page on ESPN lists them as follows:
1. Labron (28.42, 1st)
2. Dirk (28.02, 2nd)
3. Wade (27.96, 3rd)
4. Kobe (27.97, 4th)
5. Brand (26.49, 6th)
6. Billups (23.65, 11th)
7. Nash (23.26, 14th)
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #468
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Player PERs 'in the clutch' through Mar. 15 (per 82games.com):

Rank, Name, Rating

1. Nash - 55.1
4. Nowitzki - 44.7
7. James - 38.9
24. Wade - 29.2
35. Bryant - 25.3
36. Billups - 25.3
x. Brand (not in top-50)

Overall Clutch Player Rating (taking into consideration Player defense 'in the clutch'):

3. Nash - 35.4
4. Wade - 33.7
5. Nowitzki - 32.3
8. James - 27.8
21. Bryant - 19.0
26. Billups - 17.0
Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #469
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
I don't know if these stats are worth anything but here are the winning % of Divisions from the players with and without their team:

Dirk: 0,5994 (w/o Mavs 0,5603)
Billups: 0,5675 (w/o Detroit 0,5081)
Lebron: 0,5675 (w/o Cavs 0,557)
Nash: 0,5352 (w/o Suns 0,5045)
Brand: 0,5352 (w/o Clippers 0,5263)
Kobe: 0,5352 (w/o Lakers 0,5375)
Wade: 0,4375 (w/o Heat 0,3833)

These Stats are from before todays games (so they are not including SA and Memphis wins)

For reference:
Atlantic: 0,4242
Northwest: 0,4362
This clearly validates that Dirk played in the toughest of all Divisions... I wonder if that counts for anything for the stupid ESPN analysts!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #470
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
This clearly validates that Dirk played in the toughest of all Divisions... I wonder if that counts for anything for the stupid ESPN analysts!
Bucher doesn't have the brain cells to look up stats. Let alone understand any of them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #471
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
1. Labron (28.42, 1st)
2. Dirk (28.02, 2nd)
3. Wade (27.96, 3rd)
4. Kobe (27.97, 4th)
5. Brand (26.49, 6th)
6. Billups (23.65, 11th)
7. Nash (23.26, 14th)
I took 'em from nba.com. But I'd rather go with your findings now. They make more sense.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #472
NXperience

YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

05-06 CLE 77 77 42.9 .480 .338 .739 1.0 6.1 7.1 6.7 1.58 .84 3.31 2.30 31.7

05-06 DAL 78 78 38.2 .481 .412 .898 1.4 7.6 9.0 2.8 .69 1.05 1.92 2.00 26.5

I know the formatting is a bit bad but LeBron has not clearly the better numbers. He loses in every catogery beside PPG,Assists and Steals BUT he plays 4,7 mins more then Dirk and is taking 4 more shots
Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #473
orangedays
Platinum Member

It should also be noted that while Dirk's game is further from the basket than LeBron's - Dirk is equally efficient (if not more so) offensively.

While 83% of Dirk's attempts are classified as "jumpers" (compared to LeBron's 64%) - Dirk's FG% is .481 compared to LeBron's .480 and Dirk's eFG% is equal to that of LeBron's at .516. Give Dirk 4 more shots a game (LeBron gets 23.2 FGA v. Dirk's 19.3) and he will be scoring just as much, if not more, than LeBron.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-11-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #474
V2M
Diamond Member

Does anyone know all the MVP voters and their email addresses? I could consolidate this and mail it out to all of 'em ?!

If we can influence 1 vote, I think it's well worth the effort!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #475
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000

1. Labron (28.42, 1st)
2. Dirk (28.02, 2nd)
3. Wade (27.96, 3rd)
4. Kobe (27.97, 4th)
5. Brand (26.49, 6th)
6. Billups (23.65, 11th)
7. Nash (23.26, 14th)
The latest PER calculations have the following:

1. James - 28.6
2. Wade - 28.3
3. Nowitzki - 28.2
4. Bryant - 27.7
6. Brand - 26.7
11. Billups - 23.8
13. Nash - 23.6

KnickerBlogger.net updates the numbers after every game.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #476
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
It should also be noted that while Dirk's game is further from the basket than LeBron's - Dirk is equally efficient (if not more so) offensively.

While 83% of Dirk's attempts are classified as "jumpers" (compared to LeBron's 64%) - Dirk's FG% is .481 compared to LeBron's .480 and Dirk's eFG% is equal to that of LeBron's at .516. Give Dirk 4 more shots a game (LeBron gets 23.2 FGA v. Dirk's 19.3) and he will be scoring just as much, if not more, than LeBron.
Latest numbers support my point even better:

Nowitzki

eFG%: 51.7%
TS%: 58.8%

James

eFG%: 51.6%
TS%: 56.9%
Old 04-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #477
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always felt that, all things being equal, the media will go with the most compelling story. It's in their nature and, IMO, it explains why Nash beat out Shaq last year. The problem for Dirk (and the Mavs for that matter) is that we're the pre 97' Utah Jazz. The heir apparent winning the MVP in his third season is a much sexier story than Dirk winning it. After all, he’s just a low key hard worker who has done nothing but get better every season.

I think Labron is a worthy candidate but I hate the way it’s going to be decided.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #478
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Dan Patrick is another retard that doesn't even bring up Dirk's name in the MVP discussion.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #479
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
The latest PER calculations have the following:

1. James - 28.6
2. Wade - 28.3
3. Nowitzki - 28.2
4. Bryant - 27.7
6. Brand - 26.7
11. Billups - 23.8
13. Nash - 23.6

KnickerBlogger.net updates the numbers after every game.
Slight difference but I'm going to go with the guy who invented the metric
Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #480
NXperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Does anyone know all the MVP voters
I second that question ... not to send them e-mails but I'm interested who is all egliable to vote. It can't be just the ESPN morons (how many of them can vote?)
I just hope that all the other voters know something about the game and appreciate what Dirk has done.