Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Regarding the fan...what a joke that has turned out to be.

Regarding Ben and Skin, I typically turned it off when they were on, so no harm in seeing them go...just not my taste. I want sports not schtick.

I was bummed to see the Kevin and Greg show go down in flames. Between it and Newey and Sean, I had pretty much completely shut down my Ticket/ESPN listening...but now I'm going back to stick with some good personalities.

We all have our favorite personalities and styles...saddly the fan, is looking rather ignorant and impatient at building a quality channel.

I like the following personalities:

Bob Sturm, Randy Galloway, Sean Salisbury, Micheal Irvin.

I can tolerate Hardline, Musers...but when Ticket goes Schtick, I tune into some other stations. Those of you that like it, more power to you...it's just not my style of entertainment.

I try to hang in with ESPN, but I don't care for many of the "National" topics that come up on ESPN, and besides, I hate the parent company of ESPN...so listening to the local flavor is challenging at best.

The Fan sounded like they were going after a bit of a different demographic and I found them to be quite entertaining, but they appeared to have switched into a me too station, basically trying to copy the formats of the Ticket and ESPN.

I guess I'll stick to changing my station and figuring out which has the best sports talk of the moment when I'm in the car.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emotifluff, fluff enhancing drugs, got a bit fluffy in here