Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #121
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts

Jet's poor playing at the end of games annoys me!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #122
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
You are still insisting Landry is a "wuss"? LOL!!

I'm sorry - the sheer stupidity over your statement makes me laugh...over...and over...and over...again...LOL!!

Btw, why are you hating on Houston? They are not a threat to Dallas. Dallas has owned them lately. They are nothing more than an 8th seed team that will lose in the first round of the playoffs.

I understand hating the Spurs or the Lakers. But Houston? They haven't done anything in the past 10+ years...
I just hate 'em because they're wusses...
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #123
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
I just hate 'em because they're wusses...
If you mean wusses as in they have a 16-11 record despite having the 2nd hardest schedule in the league, playing 16 out of 27 games on the road, and missing their two superstars - I'll take that as a compliment...

Back to things that annoy me,

Bad Drivers...

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 12-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #124
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Take the Rockets love out of my thread or I'll exercise my magic powers and make you disappear.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #125
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Take the Rockets love out of my thread or I'll exercise my magic powers and make you disappear.
If somebody calls the Rockets "wusses", I don't have a right to defend Houston?

"At Dallas-Mavs.com, we take great pride in building and maintaining a community where diverse, intelligent and respectful sports discussion between members can thrive." [emphasis are mine]

I don't see how what I said violates this in any way. If it does, please explain...I will adjust accordingly......thx
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #126
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Jesus Satan followers
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #127
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If somebody calls the Rockets "wusses", I don't have a right to defend Houston?

"At Dallas-Mavs.com, we take great pride in building and maintaining a community where diverse, intelligent and respectful sports discussion between members can thrive." [emphasis are mine]

I don't see how what I said violates this in any way. If it does, please explain...I will adjust accordingly......thx
Are you a Rockets fan, or a Mavericks fan?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #128
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Are you a Rockets fan, or a Mavericks fan?
Both. Let me exlain. I was born in Dallas. Lived there for a while. Now I have been living in Houston for a while. So I love and I root for both teams. I was just as pissed as the rest of you when Miami was handed the NBA Finals by all those phantom D-Wade calls......still pissed about it...

Anyways, I didn't intend to hijack your thread - I am sorry about that. I was simply responding to someone calling Carl Landry a "wuss" and then to someone else who called the Rockets "wusses". I hope you understand...

Back to things that annoy me:

Losing the NBA Finals because of repeated phantom D-Wade calls...
Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #129
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

In your heart, who do you really root for?
Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #130
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
In your heart, who do you really root for?
The Rockets - because I have lived in Houston for the past 10+ years now...but I am still a huge Mavs fan

Btw, overall you all have been much classier compared to the Rocket Fans. I commend you all for that. Here is one quote from a Rocket Forum:

"I hate Jason Terry, Dirk Nowitzki, Mark Cuban, Josh Howard, that little kid they showed wearing a mavs jersey, the stupid mavs mascot, the cowgirls, tony homo, jerry jones, and all the teams from Dallas."

They have a whole thread filled with this crap. As a Mavs and Cowboys fan I don't think I would have lasted long on their board...lol...
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #131
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Fans unwilling to tolerate fans who are different...such as fans who root for more than one team.

Real fans can actually have a part of them die when one of their teams loses, while they can also get excited when another team wins. It's kinda like having more than one kid...your heart breaks when one kid struggles, yet you celebrate when the other kid does well.

So kudos to Mavericks Rockets Fan!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #132
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Rockets - because I have lived in Houston for the past 10+ years now...but I am still a huge Mavs fan

Btw, overall you all have been much classier compared to the Rocket Fans. I commend you all for that. Here is one quote from a Rocket Forum:

"I hate Jason Terry, Dirk Nowitzki, Mark Cuban, Josh Howard, that little kid they showed wearing a mavs jersey, the stupid mavs mascot, the cowgirls, tony homo, jerry jones, and all the teams from Dallas."

They have a whole thread filled with this crap. As a Mavs and Cowboys fan I don't think I would have lasted long on their board...lol...
I have no problem with you being a rockets fan.. I think it's dumb to be a hardcore "fan" of two teams in the same division, but to each his own. And honestly i don't have any particular hatred for the rockets at this time.

What does annoy me is that you can't take a joke. It annoys me that you claim to be just as big a mavs fan as me, but you like the rockets more.. It annoys me that you think you have the right to tell me which teams I should and shouldn't be allowed to hate. It annoys me that you're new here and you're being an obnoxious jackass to anyone who disagrees with you.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Just letting you know why you're getting a cold response in this thread.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #133
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

nike in general, its minute-long puppy commercial in particular.

to be honest, i won't be surprised if it turns out lbj cannot take a fart without nike's approval.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #134
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
What does annoy me is that you can't take a joke. It annoys me that you claim to be just as big a mavs fan as me, but you like the rockets more.. It annoys me that you think you have the right to tell me which teams I should and shouldn't be allowed to hate. It annoys me that you're new here and you're being an obnoxious jackass to anyone who disagrees with you.
This is really a waste of time...but here we go...I didn't want to go on...but your post was just too obnoxious...

1) Jokes should be funny. You could have called David Anderson or Luis Scola or maybe even Brooks a wuss - that would have made more sense. However, calling Carl Landry a "wuss" or "pansy"? Just stupid, IMO.

Another example. Somebody joked about Scola's appearance (it was related to him having long hair - I think). It was kind of funny and it actually made sense.

2) I don't claim to be as big a Mavs fans as you - just a Mavs fan

3) Seriously, hate whatever teams you want - that is your business...

4) I'm obnoxious? Umm...really? Please care to explain...I will try not to be in the future.....thx
Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #135
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 12-22-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: nvm
Old 12-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #136
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Ok... this has gone on for long enough. I had posted something earlier but then thought better of it and deleted it. Anyway.....

Bernardos70 is super sarcastic, I would know because I'm his girlfriend. He really doesn't think that guy is a wuss. I highly doubt anyone here would want to return to playing a game after getting 5 teeth knocked out. This is a MAVS forum, so he made the comment because he obviously isn't a fan of the Rockets and can make any statement he wants about them. I'm sure everyone else here looked at his comment and went "hah" and moved on. This is what fans do, they talk trash about the opponent.

I really don't need to be sticking up for my boyfriend about this, but when he tried to clear it up, it obviously wasn't good enough. And I'm quite tired of reading about how he made "stupid comments". So again, he was being SARCASTIC so quit taking offense to it.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #137
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

the Mavs losing games that they could/should easily win

lagging streams
"blocked by admin"

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #138
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate how Gooden doesn't realize that he is fading away from defenders and not following thru on his shots and that is the biggest reason he is missing shots he can make. If you go back and look he is either fading away from a defender or drifting back down the court upon release.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #139
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I hate how Gooden doesn't realize that he is fading away from defenders and not following thru on his shots and that is the biggest reason he is missing shots he can make. If you go back and look he is either fading away from a defender or drifting back down the court upon release.
His offensive rebounding stats are inflated as well because he keeps trying to bat the ball into the hoop from long distances (with almost no success) instead of securing it.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 12-22-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #140
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The Blazers
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #141
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

How I cannot get a read on this season. When I think we should beat a team, we lose. When I think we're likely to lose, we win.

Also: How the Blazers just pulled that win right out of their collective buttocks.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #142
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

buttoxen

Old 12-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Tinnitus annoys me.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #144
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Tinnitus annoys me.
I guess. It's like the ringing will never stop...
Old 12-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #145
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Marion shooting the ball like a hot potato, and missing of course...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #146
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread, it is great!! But it annoys me that a non General Mavs Discussion thread can remain in this forum. Oh well, I still love this thread even if it is miss located.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #147
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess. It's like the ringing will never stop...
It doesn't.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #148
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I love this thread, it is great!! But it annoys me that a non General Mavs Discussion thread can remain in this forum. Oh well, I still love this thread even if it is miss located.
Much of the discussion in this thread is about the Mavs... more than enough to justify it being in the Mavs section.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #149
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

People pining for playing time for a 21 year old rookie on a team with championship aspirations. I just don't get it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #150
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey man, they wanted Hogenboom also. It's the nature of the casual fan.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #151
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

short term Hollywood couples like Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #152
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
People pining for playing time for a 21 year old rookie on a team with championship aspirations. I just don't get it.
If that 21 year rookie is playing better than other people on the team, why is that a problem?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #153
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
If that 21 year rookie is playing better than other people on the team, why is that a problem?
But he's not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #154
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

Rodrigue Beaubois > Jason Terry RIGHT NOW. IMO.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #155
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Roddy isnt better, it doesnt make sense that he wouldnt even be in during blowouts or when we needed a particular trait/skill of his like his length and defense. He may still need work on screens, footwork and maturity (plus he's disrespected as almost all rookies are) but his amazing length, intensity and natural lateral speed make him an above average defender overall and heads and shoulders above JJB, Terry and on faster guards, Kidd.

And as I said, even if he's not an improvement, you still have to let him develop. I'd rather him play 5mpg in the NBA than 25mpg in D-league, but I'd much rather have him play SOME minutes rather than practicing with the team and never getting any actual burn. Sure he has a lot of fundamentals to work on and he has to learn plays, etc but there is also nothing that can simulate a real game experience.

The guy has shown that he is an amazing talent for such a young guy, and he has the physical skills to be truly great. It annoys me to no end that we arent even giving him token minutes to practice. Its not like he's on a one year contract and we want to secure him so he doesnt get picked off in freeagency-- we'll come out with full bird rights and have him for a rookie draft contract for the next two years.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #156
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Even if Roddy isnt better, it doesnt make sense that he wouldnt even be in during blowouts or when we needed a particular trait/skill of his like his length and defense. He may still need work on screens, footwork and maturity (plus he's disrespected as almost all rookies are) but his amazing length, intensity and natural lateral speed make him an above average defender overall and heads and shoulders above JJB, Terry and on faster guards, Kidd.

And as I said, even if he's not an improvement, you still have to let him develop. I'd rather him play 5mpg in the NBA than 25mpg in D-league, but I'd much rather have him play SOME minutes rather than practicing with the team and never getting any actual burn. Sure he has a lot of fundamentals to work on and he has to learn plays, etc but there is also nothing that can simulate a real game experience.

The guy has shown that he is an amazing talent for such a young guy, and he has the physical skills to be truly great. It annoys me to no end that we arent even giving him token minutes to practice. Its not like he's on a one year contract and we want to secure him so he doesnt get picked off in freeagency-- we'll come out with full bird rights and have him for a rookie draft contract for the next two years.
I think this is a pretty reasonable position.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #157
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
But he's not.
Of course he's not, because Carlisle isn't playing him. However, he was playing better than JJ before Barea's introduction to the starting lineup.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #158
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I hate Randolph and his ackward lefty shots.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #159
SMC0007
Guru

They fact that Josh NEVER uses the backboard no matter what angle he has!!!! God that kills me. Occasionally he will use the backboard for a layup but I bet his % would go up if he understood angles a little better.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #160
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Of course he's not, because Carlisle isn't playing him. However, he was playing better than JJ before Barea's introduction to the starting lineup.
Because he was getting to play with the starters, and JJ wasn't.

Now JJ's playing with the starters, and both JJ and the overall results have been better, no?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
fluffy is annoying, got a bit fluffy in here, shut the fluff up!