Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #561
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

posters coming out of the woodwork in this thread... where is BigD?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #562
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodjay View Post
two things you can ALWAYS depend on with the mavs:

1. blaming a loss on the refs
2. losing in the playoffs
1. Every fan base tends to blame their losses on the refs (ok, except maybe the lakers - since kobe always gets all the calls...)

2. Since 1999, there have only been three teams that have represented the Western Conference in the NBA Finals. The Lakers, the Spurs, and the Mavericks. I would hardly call that "losing in the playoffs".
Old 12-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #563
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

anyone else wake up with the taste of SH*t in their mouths as an after taste to the way that game went last night?...

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #564
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker View Post
is there ever a game we lose that isn't blamed on the refs?
There are always certain points in the game that we bitch about afterwards. But usually its pretty limited. I think every person who watched that game saw several calls throughout the game that were terrible.

Just to throw out another call that no one is talking about, but we easily could be discussing: the should have been loose ball foul on Damp where he proceeded to get T'd up the first time. From video, it was pretty obvious, but its even more obvious that Damp was complaining about it. He's a very mild natured guy, we rarely see him gripe and moan to officials about bad calls. So what does that say about that call? It must have been pretty blatant.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #565
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Unfortunately we do. On Dec 31 in Houston [I believe]. The schedule makers haven't been kind to Houston this year so far...
That was his point...December 31 is still 2009. What he said is that the Mavs don't have to play the Rockets again in 2010. That's factually correct.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #566
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's not really their fault. Their minds have been poisoned by that god-awful TV duo of Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler.
Almost all TV announcers are homers just like Worrell and Drexler...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #567
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Aaron Brooks isn't half as good as Monta. You throw Monta on the Rockets and take off Aaron Brooks and the Rockets are a 4/5 ish seed team instead of a fringe playoff team.

By the way, your need to come on here and defend the Rockets speaks volumes.
Its funny how differently people think of AB and JJ Barea. They are both fast, quick, scoring point guards who are or should be back ups. Both of them are extreme pests. Aaron Brooks as seen as a really good player by Rocket players, who might become very good. Everyone else in the league think he is what he is right now...a pest, but nothing more than a 10-15 mpg backup for good team.

JJ Barea, on the other hand, is viewed completely differently. Most Maverick fans hate JJ for his poor defense, boneheaded plays, poor basketball IQ, among other things. But the national media and other team's fans sees Barea as a pretty decent player who maybe should be getting even more minutes than he should be.

I know there are some reasons which I can think of, but I still find it funny.

Quote:
Yeah, a Rocket Fan, after getting BLOWN OUT TWICE by the Mavs comes to a Mavericks Forum to troll? Please...

First of all, I recognize that Dallas is a MUCH better team than Houston. They will have alot more wins. They will go much farther in the playoffs. And I recognize that Dirk is one the greatest players in the game and is practically unguardable - I love his game.

However, Houston won today because they played better. That is all I am saying.
Saying Dirk would not have made a difference is this game was troll-like idiocy. However, you haven't been acting like a troll, now that I see some more of your posts, aided by that fact that I've calmed down a little bit from last night.

The Mavericks played poorly. Boneheaded turnovers, poor shot selection, and blown defensive assignments plauged them all night. I still think they could have beat the Rockets, though, had the refs not made as many awful calls as they did. Rockets played well, and its not like they don't deserve the win. And had Dallas won, they probably shouldn't have. But teams win games they shouldn't and I think this could have been one of them, except for the extreme number of poor calls for the zebras.

Do me one favor. Never say Dirk wouldn't have made a difference in a game ever again. He's the definition of difference maker. Thanks man.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #568
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

One quick question: Why did Kidd intentionally flagrant foul David Anderson? Here is a video of the inicdent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3bX3Wbgcz4
I don't understand why Kidd would do that. I don't think he's an angry guy or anything. It was probably the heat of the moment I guess...

P.S- Lol at the 0.37 mark
Old 12-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #569
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that Andersen was playing dirty before, throwing hidden ellbows and such stuff...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #570
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
One quick question: Why did Kidd intentionally flagrant foul David Anderson? Here is a video of the inicdent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3bX3Wbgcz4
I don't understand why Kidd would do that. I don't think he's an angry guy or anything. It was probably the heat of the moment I guess...

they called that just a normal foul. but brooks' was a flagrant.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #571
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR View Post
they called that just a normal foul. but brooks' was a flagrant.
What are you trying to say, that the refs are incompetent or something?
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #572
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post

Maybe he is in bad mood or Jkidd simply doesn´t like the name Anderson.
Yesterday he slammed the ball on Varejao.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #573
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Almost all TV announcers are homers just like Worrell and Drexler...
Portland's got the worst. And guess who's in Dallas tonight.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #574
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=4770651
Old 12-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #575
tcat075
Diamond Member

I'm very skeptical that anything will come of this, but Cuban seems to have a very solid case here.

Last edited by tcat075; 12-24-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Tags
gdt 09/10