Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
clifford08ma

clifford08ma has a spectacular aura aboutclifford08ma has a spectacular aura about
Default problem with the mavs

In my opinion, we were really doing great on defense! forcing opponents to take bad shots! which is good.. but the real problem of this team is their fg percentage and easy baskets... in my analysis, in our first 10 games of the season, we were relying with our bench which is good... playing time for hump and q. ross... but lately our offense sucks! we were always doing half court set.. unlike the first 10 games we were pushing the tempo at the same time we set in halfcourt...

jet is on a slump

dirk's game is affected by his elbow/arm.. his mentality now is not in slashing mode... always relying on his fadeaways..

marion always relying on his baby jumphook..(not a bad shot for him on halfcourt set) but not his arsenal.. affected because rick is not pushing the ball more...

well, for the coaching i think carlisle should maintain his defensive attitude... but on offense c'mon man! we need to push the ball more!!!! more fast break! easy basket!! our halfcourt game shouldnt be our priotize team play! it should be our secondary play if we cant go to fast break!

no wonder marion's ppg drop to almost 11 a game... i can barely see him getting alley oops and finishing the break with dunk or lay-up... even we say he's still nursing injury on his ankle... in shoulnt be an excuse... the coaching staff should also take the blame bcoz of not pushing the ball more and we always settling for halfcourt set which is not the strength of this team...

less jump hooks for marion, more fast break lay-ups and alley ops!

CARLISLE!! DO IT!!!

any comments guys???

Last edited by clifford08ma; 01-04-2010 at 10:58 AM.
clifford08ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure what you just said...but I think I agree?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

1) One of our problems is that the Lakers are too damn good. Period. Our ride will end if/when we face them in the playoffs. The only chance at a ring is if some other team gets extremely lucky and beats the Lakers for us.

2) We don't have the guard that can score at will.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
clifford08ma

clifford08ma has a spectacular aura aboutclifford08ma has a spectacular aura about

@smc0007- but i think we can beat the lakers by just playing consistent on offense... more uptempo style,, defense... bynum/damp, dirk&gooden/gasol, artest/howard, kobe/marion&ross, jkidd terry barea/ fisher farmar brown, odom/TT&hump... we were deeper than the lakers.... just play consistent and do their roles for the team.. then we can beat the lakers....
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
clifford08ma

some weaknesses of the lakers were exposed... they're weaknesses are against team that plays more uptempo style and slashing to the basket.. like kings, thunders, rockets, jazz, suns, celtics

Last edited by clifford08ma; 01-04-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford08ma View Post
In my opinion, we were really doing great on defense! forcing opponents to take bad shots! which is good.. but the real problem of this team is their fg percentage and easy baskets... in my analysis, in our first 10 games of the season, we were relying with our bench which is good... playing time for hump and q. ross... but lately our offense sucks! we were always doing half court set.. unlike the first 10 games we were pushing the tempo at the same time we set in halfcourt...

jet is on a slump

dirk's game is affected by his elbow/arm.. his mentality now is not in slashing mode... always relying on his fadeaways..

marion always relying on his baby jumphook..(not a bad shot for him on halfcourt set) but not his arsenal.. affected because rick is not pushing the ball more...

well, for the coaching i think carlisle should maintain his defensive attitude... but on offense c'mon man! we need to push the ball more!!!! more fast break! easy basket!! our halfcourt game shouldnt be our priotize team play! it should be our secondary play if we cant go to fast break!

no wonder marion's ppg drop to almost 11 a game... i can barely see him getting alley oops and finishing the break with dunk or lay-up... even we say he's still nursing injury on his ankle... in shoulnt be an excuse... the coaching staff should also take the blame bcoz of not pushing the ball more and we always settling for halfcourt set which is not the strength of this team...

less jump hooks for marion, more fast break lay-ups and alley ops!

CARLISLE!! DO IT!!!

any comments guys???
This is like that drug trip I saw once in a movie when I was on this drug trip.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
clifford08ma

well, flacolaco.. im a die hard mavericks fan... i analyze the style this team plays since 2002... i want this team win a championship with dirk as their ace player,,,
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford08ma View Post
well, flacolaco.. im a die hard mavericks fan... i analyze the style this team plays since 2002... i want this team win a championship with dirk as their ace player,,,

Well then get him some more help and maybe we will all realize that dream.

Anyone who thinks we have enough to win it all right now is thinking foolishly. Maybe we could if we played flawless, perfect basketball but that never happens.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:32 AM   #9
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
This is like that drug trip I saw once in a movie when I was on this drug trip.
The lizards..no the parrot..no wait, the lizards, no, yes, no, yes yes yes...the parrot!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The problem with the Mavs is that Dirk, RC, JET, Kidd, Marion, JHo, JJB, the AAC, Damp, Mark Cuban, that new crappy House Announcer, the new Mavericks emblem all suck. Roddy doesn't get enough playing time...he sucks too but slightly less than JJB. The Mavs could easily obtain Lebron anytime they want by simply offering Gooden/TT/Hump/Josh, as we all know Cleveland is over the salary cap but Cuban's too much of a horses ass. They traded Nash, they traded Finley in his prime, they traded NVE which rhymes with MVP, they even traded DIOP even though we all know he was a badass and now he's going to lead the Bobcats to a title. Avery who lead us to a Western Conference Championship walked out on us, Josh smokes weed, TT goes to Denny's, Dirk dates crack-whores and JJB is from Puerto Rico for christ sakes. The team is on pace to win 25 games (I'll give them 1 more to be nice) RC's drinking problems and Cuban's gambling/hooker problems are constantly effecting the team. JET's suspended indefinetely since he pulled that gun out on Marion. I just wish we could go back to the 90's when things were NORMAL.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-07-2010 at 05:23 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
The problem with the Mavs is that Dirk, RC, JET, Kidd, Marion, JHo, JJB, the AAC, Damp, Mark Cuban, that new crappy House Announcer, the new Mavericks emblem all suck. Roddy doesn't get enough playing time...he sucks too but slightly less than JJB. The Mavs could easily obtain Lebron anytime they want by simply offering Gooden/TT/Hump/Josh, as we all know Cleveland is over the salary cap but Cuban's too much of a horses ass. They traded Nash, they traded Finley in his prime, they traded NVE which rhymes with MVP, they even traded DIOP even though we all know he was a badass and now he's going to lead the Bobcats to a title. Avery who lead us to a Western Conference Championship walked out on us, Josh smokes weed, TT goes to Denny's, Dirk dates crack-whores and JJB is from Puerto Rico for christ sakes. The team is on pace to win 25 games (I'll give them 1 more to be nice) RC's drinking problems and Cuban's gambling/hooker problems are constantly effecting the team. JET's suspended indefinetely since he pulled that gun out on Marion. I just wish we could go back to the 90's when things were NORMAL.
This post is Epic...
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I think you forgot the Kidd/Harris swap.

Tags
thread diarrhea