Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #641
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Call me crazy, but I think Stevenson has a chance to also ignite something in himself here. I think he became stagnant with the Wiz, but he's been a pretty nice role player in the past. He can hit the three on occasion and he's a good defender. There's no doubt about it, he has a couple screws loose up there, but hell, we need some of those players. I like the toughness he brings. He's an upgrade compared to what we had.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #642
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Is Stevenson being waived?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #643
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
God I hate poor spelling. That is all.
cool story bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Is Stevenson being waived?
no hes contract is too long.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #644
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind having Stevenson to throw at Kobe to give Caron and Marion a brief rest on defense. It's better than watching JET or JJB try to stop him in the post.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #645
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I don't mind having Stevenson to throw at Kobe to give Caron and Marion a brief rest on defense. It's better than watching JET or JJB try to stop him in the post.
How does Stevenson's defense compare to Ross?

(I know almost nothing about the guy.)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #646
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
How does Stevenson's defense compare to Ross?

(I know almost nothing about the guy.)
Other than his antics in calling out the King, he is actually a pretty decent basketball player. He can hit the corner three and he can move his feet fairly well on defense; he came into the league as a high flyer, but he quickly found his niche as a player after he left the noose that was Jerry Sloan. He's also pretty physical as a player, I never viewed Ross as being someone that was intimidating defensively so that to me is the biggest difference. Maybe the beard is blinding me, but DeShawn would scare me if I were to go up against him.

Contact Me
Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #647
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I agree with those that say Stevenson has something to bring. Hes tough and a little crazy. But he has been good in the past and averaged double digits 2 years ago. I think he will bring some spot up shooting and some good/ tough D
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #648
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Hes gonna have to really earn his minutes though. And we all know how hard that can be with Rick.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:02 AM   #649
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Hes gonna have to really earn his minutes though. And we all know how hard that can be with Rick.
I agree. He is clearly not a consistent rotation player. But he can be someone that can be effective if put in the right situation (ie guard big time swingmen when our main guys are in foul trouble and/or tired)

Contact Me
Old 02-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #650
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really disappointed in all the Josh bashing on this thread. True, he's not the smartest guy in the NBA, but in a sports world with Michael Vick, where all the baseball records from the last 15 years went to cheaters, Josh's off the court stuff is miniscle. This week, 30 million Americans will smoke a joint, thousands of teenagers will drag race, and at the next Mavs game, hundreds will fail to salute the flag, and no one will care about any of it.

On the court, he was always capable of doing something dumb, but despite his BB-iq score, the guy had a solid career here and helped the Mavs win most of the games he played in. He had many huge games and hit many big shots. I cheered for every one. He was averaging 19.9 right up until he got hurt. He suffered through last season after getting a serious ankle injury in November. He could not walk during the playoffs without limping, but he took a shot of something and gutted it out. He scored 25 in that first game in SA to steal back home court advantage, and averaged 19 for the series. He got us out of the 1st round for the 1st time since the finals year. Watching that series, my level of respect for the guy went way up. I think he deserves way more respect than people here are dishing out.

He had surgery. He is still in pain when he plays. That's not really his fault. I wish he'd been born smarter, but if he was, we would have never gotten him with the 29th pick. He is who he is...the 2nd or 3rd best player on my team for many of its best years. The Josh hate on here seems unseemly. The idea that he quit trying after Harris was traded or he got the contract is contradicted by the statistics, which did not start to drop until he got hurt.

After his injury, he may never play the same again. That saddens me. The Mavs can't afford to wait and see. I love the trade. Swapping a gimpy Josh for a healthy guy who's smarter and more skilled is wonderful. I wish Josh luck. I'm just really disappointed that so few here seem to remember any of the good stuff he did, or cut him any slack for being hurt. I think thats a crappy way for fans to act.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #651
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Centerpiece of the trade............b*atches!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 02-16-2010 at 03:59 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #652
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

So, I rarely post here... But I agree 110923801924% with G-Man. Josh did a lot of good here for the Mavericks. We just tried to make him a player he wasnt... Plus the injuries really slowed him down.

I wish him the best. And he will still be one of my favorite players.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #653
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
From a spurs board... From a spurs board...

Quote:
Quote:
ummm.
not only is this a great trade for the Mavs, they close the gap to the Lakers, it could also turn into a disaster trade for us, if we play the Mavs again in the PO.
you don't want to have Haywood cover Tim. (he will be a much tougher defender for Tim than Dampier). and even if Josh Howard always did a lot of damage to the Spurs, you also don't want to meet Caron Butler with Jefferson virtually the only option to guard him. Butler is a so much better passer and ball handler than JH, I'm really not looking forward to face all the plays the Mavs can run with him and Dirk, that JH couldn't.
Mavs have been a bad match up for us for years. with this trade the match ups turn even worse.
How you like them apples?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #654
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Other than his antics in calling out the King, he is actually a pretty decent basketball player. He can hit the corner three and he can move his feet fairly well on defense; he came into the league as a high flyer, but he quickly found his niche as a player after he left the noose that was Jerry Sloan. He's also pretty physical as a player, I never viewed Ross as being someone that was intimidating defensively so that to me is the biggest difference. Maybe the beard is blinding me, but DeShawn would scare me if I were to go up against him.
Stevenson shot 4 threes a game last year and made 27% of them......

I don't expect anything from Stevenson.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #655
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I'm really disappointed in all the Josh bashing on this thread. True, he's not the smartest guy in the NBA, but in a sports world with Michael Vick, where all the baseball records from the last 15 years went to cheaters, Josh's off the court stuff is miniscle. This week, 30 million Americans will smoke a joint, thousands of teenagers will drag race, and at the next Mavs game, hundreds will fail to salute the flag, and no one will care about any of it.

On the court, he was always capable of doing something dumb, but despite his BB-iq score, the guy had a solid career here and helped the Mavs win most of the games he played in. He had many huge games and hit many big shots. I cheered for every one. He was averaging 19.9 right up until he got hurt. He suffered through last season after getting a serious ankle injury in November. He could not walk during the playoffs without limping, but he took a shot of something and gutted it out. He scored 25 in that first game in SA to steal back home court advantage, and averaged 19 for the series. He got us out of the 1st round for the 1st time since the finals year. Watching that series, my level of respect for the guy went way up. I think he deserves way more respect than people here are dishing out.

He had surgery. He is still in pain when he plays. That's not really his fault. I wish he'd been born smarter, but if he was, we would have never gotten him with the 29th pick. He is who he is...the 2nd or 3rd best player on my team for many of its best years. The Josh hate on here seems unseemly. The idea that he quit trying after Harris was traded or he got the contract is contradicted by the statistics, which did not start to drop until he got hurt.

After his injury, he may never play the same again. That saddens me. The Mavs can't afford to wait and see. I love the trade. Swapping a gimpy Josh for a healthy guy who's smarter and more skilled is wonderful. I wish Josh luck. I'm just really disappointed that so few here seem to remember any of the good stuff he did, or cut him any slack for being hurt. I think thats a crappy way for fans to act.
Josh is an idiot.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #656
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Josh is an idiot.
something very close to THIS ^

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #657
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

But hey, he's consistently an idiot at this point of his career. I guess all we can really ask for is consistency. And for that JHO, I thank you. Thank you for making the decision VERY easy for the Mavs.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #658
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

As far as ability goes I'd much rather have Ross than Stevenson, but hey, we had to get him in the deal and he's an expiring next season so it's not that bad.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #659
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Stevenson's contract is not all bad. Nice negotiating ploy by Cuban to walk away from the table when Deshawn's name hit the brainstorm board. then said throw in Haywood and we'll take him. Stevenson's a movable chip by summer time with his expiring. It can be huge with the CBA up at the end of next year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #660
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

G-Man, I generally agree with the basis of your sentiment, but your argument doesn't hold up because... we've all seen Howard play disinterested and lazy with no correlation to injury. If anything, I thought last year's issues with ankle and wrist, when pressing him, seemed to give him something else to prove.

From early in the 2007-2008 season prior to last year's injuries, and again after returning this year, he was essentially healthy and had a recurring lack of effort.

For a guy who made himself a better career on the back of giving extra effort in his first couple of years, that's just unacceptable.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #661
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

This gave me chills. Probably the best Caron Butler mix out there.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #662
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Underdog's sig is epic lol

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #663
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Stevenson shot 4 threes a game last year and made 27% of them......

I don't expect anything from Stevenson.
Wasn't Stevenson their #1 option last year at times? Gil, Jamison, Haywood, and Butler all missed games. I agree however that Stevenson isn't going to bring much. All I'm saying is that he may be useful at times, filling in that Ross void (with more range and physicality)

Contact Me
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #664
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Stevenson > Ross- offensively

Ross > Stevenson- defensively

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #665
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Stevenson > Ross- offensively

Ross > Stevenson- defensively
I agree, except that Ross at least knows to only shoot when he absolutely has to. If Stevenson isn't playing his role on offense he can become worse than Ross very quickly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #666
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I agree, except that Ross at least knows to only shoot when he absolutely has to. If Stevenson isn't playing his role on offense he can become worse than Ross very quickly.
imo, until proven otherwise. Ross > Stevenson as far as being a MAV.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #667
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
imo, until proven otherwise. Ross > Stevenson as far as being a MAV.
Definitely.

One caveat though, is that Stevenson clearly has better raw talent. Much better actually. And I'm a big believer in Carlisle and his ability to teach and get the best out of players.

So maybe I shouldn't discount Stevenson quite as much as I have so far.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #668
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Call me crazy, but I think Stevenson has a chance to also ignite something in himself here. I think he became stagnant with the Wiz, but he's been a pretty nice role player in the past. He can hit the three on occasion and he's a good defender. There's no doubt about it, he has a couple screws loose up there, but hell, we need some of those players. I like the toughness he brings. He's an upgrade compared to what we had.
He gives us experience on the wing. Put up nice numbers in back to back seasons, one with Gil and then the 2nd without Gil. I think he needs regular minutes and needs to know his role to provide some good minutes, otherwise he'd just be another Carroll to us.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #669
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If Stevenson even considers looking for his own shot while on the court, he'll be sent to the end of the bench permanently. On this team, there's just no question about it, and no need to entertain him for any period of time beyond the minimum to establish whether or not he's gonna do what we could use him for.

I think he'll have 10-20 minutes of total game time over the next 4 or 5 games to show that he's 100% focused on being a defender and a hustle guy on this team. If he does anything more than shoot uncontested layups or wide open from the elbow, Carlisle will be there to yank him off stage with a cane like Sandman from Showtime at the Apollo.

There's just not any other role for him. He has to be like a Ruben Patterson in 2003, minus the ability to floor the ball and get to the rim. Lengthy, strong, athletic hustle defender.

Anything else, and he and Matt Carroll will be braiding each other's hair at the end of the bench.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-16-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #670
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post

There's just not any other role for him. He has to be like a Ruben Patterson in 2003, minus the ability to floor the ball and get to the rim. Lengthy, strong, athletic hustle defender.
I love the Patterson comparison...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #671
sike
The Preacha

"I'm gonna sit down with coach (Carlisle) and talk to him about what areas he thinks I can improve on and whatever intangibles I can bring to this team I will to help bring a championship here"

Caron Butler

I can't help but love this guy. He brings a seriousness to the #2 option that I really like. Not to bury him further, but Josh just always seemed like a big kid whereas Caron is a MAN.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #672
alby
Guru

CARON IS FORTY

Contact Me
Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #673
sike
The Preacha

Chuck Cooperstein says he can't remember a game that he has been more excited about calling in his 5 years with the Mavs...

Old 02-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #674
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

This almost feels like a new start. The slate is wiped clean, and we have a new season to look forward too. Of course that isn't the case, but it just feels that way. It never felt (at least to me) that this team was right. Whether it because of injuries, inconsistent play, etc. But now it seems there is new life installed into not only the team, but the fan base and city. We'll see if these good feelings translate to success on the court, but as of right now, it feels like the Mavericks are back.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #675
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Chuck Cooperstein says he can't remember a game that he has been more excited about calling in his 5 years with the Mavs...
Why do I feel like WraithXX is mere moments away from twisting your post into something abominable?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #676
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Can't wait for tonight's game. Counting down the hours already

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #677
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
If Stevenson even considers looking for his own shot while on the court, he'll be sent to the end of the bench permanently. On this team, there's just no question about it, and no need to entertain him for any period of time beyond the minimum to establish whether or not he's gonna do what we could use him for.

I think he'll have 10-20 minutes of total game time over the next 4 or 5 games to show that he's 100% focused on being a defender and a hustle guy on this team. If he does anything more than shoot uncontested layups or wide open from the elbow, Carlisle will be there to yank him off stage with a cane like Sandman from Showtime at the Apollo.

Anything else, and he and Matt Carroll will be braiding each other's hair at the end of the bench.
Excellent points.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #678
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody with a sweet grizzly adams beard AND a tattoo of abe lincoln has to bring something to the table.

That is my contribution to the discussion. You're welcome.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #679
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Anybody with a sweet grizzly adams beard AND a tattoo of abe lincoln has to bring something to the table.

That is my contribution to the discussion. You're welcome.

umm, strong to quite strong!?.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #680
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

I concur with everyone that has the notion and vibe that this is almost like a new season, a fresh start. Although we have virtually no time to gel as a team and gear up for the playoffs, I am EXTREMELY optimistic about this current squad, I just wish we could have gotten rid of JJ

I also never felt as if this team was right. Always felt like when this team was clicking on all cylinders, with everyone going 110% the entire game that this was a scary good team. However, lack of effort, injuries, and roster changes never allowed that to happen. There are elements of its failure that couldn't have been helped or been foreseen. However, as scary as this team looked when fully healthy and motivated, I think our current squad is far more talented, skilled, and both mentally and physically tough and motivated.

Needless to say, just as many of you are, I'm quite, quite excited about the rest of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand larceny, iluvtags, now we like our team, thisthreadistoolong, urmomspenisistoolong, who's dinnie?