Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #201
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Will the Mavs have money for that after they sign whoever they traded damp's contract to get?
Or, will they have money after they re-sign (resign, if you're part of the stupid, no-shift key crowd) Haywood?

They need to extend Haywood so badly, if only to protect the entire conference from OKC from getting him. They (OKC) have money to spend on something like that, I think, right?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-25-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #202
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Will the Mavs have money for that after they sign whoever they traded damp's contract to get?
And what kind of salary will Haywood gobble up next year? Isn't it a contract year? Don't we have bird rights meaning Cuban can pay beyond the cap for him?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #203
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Can't disagree with that. Josh and Caron are technically equal talents (potential).
can't agree with this. Butler is a far better passer...ball handler, and from what I've seen so far is a more active defender.

and not to mention he seems to have a better feel for the game or is a smarter player.

but I know what you mean...at each's best, they are both very good.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #204
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
i was sitting in lower level tonight with a good 50-60% of the fans around me laker fans. to tell you how stupid these idiot fans were, score is 99-93, kobe at the line, lakers down 6.

they all start chanting MVP, MVP. i start yelling scoreboard and they immediately shut up. if i ever needed to know that most of these laker fans were complete and utter morons, that was my shining moment of clarity.
Laker fans are filthy scum and carry all sorts of mysterious, unidentified diseases.

I hope you took a shower immediately when you got home.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #205
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And what kind of salary will Haywood gobble up next year? Isn't it a contract year? Don't we have bird rights meaning Cuban can pay beyond the cap for him?
yes and yes

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #206
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Or, will they have money after they re-sign (resign, if you're part of the stupid, no-shift key crowd) Haywood?

They need to extend Haywood so badly, if only to protect the entire conference from OKC from getting him. They have money to spend on something like that, I think, right?
I really don't think you have to worry about it. Haywood's not going to be a max contract guy, and I can't see him walking away from the starting spot on a title contender in a town he's (presumably) comfortable with by the end of the season.

He seemed to really put down roots in Washington, I would expect the same here.

And Haywood is really the perfect fit here. We're all going ecstatic to have a relatively effective catcher and finisher at center because with the Mavs it has to be defense first at center. Not all teams are built that way, and Haywood's not nearly as attractive on a team that doesn't have Jason Kidd or a near equivalent in setting the table for big men.

I'm not at all worried about Haywood not re-signing here if the Mavs want him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #207
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let the "Yo momma so fat" contest begin!!!
Yo momma is so fat....

...her beeper went off and people thought she was backing up

...when she dances at a concert the entire band skips

...when she wears one of those X jackets helicopters try to land on her

...she puts on lipstick with a paint roller

...when she wears a yellow raincoat people try to hail her

...you have to grease the door frame and hold a twinkie on the other side to get her through

...she has more chins than a Chinese phone book

...she got arrested at the airport for 10 pounds of crack

...she sat on a quarter and pushed a booger out of Washington's nose

...I printed a picture of her I took last Christmas and it is still printing

pwned.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #208
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:

They need to extend Haywood so badly, if only to protect the entire conference from OKC from getting him. They (OKC) have money to spend on something like that, I think, right?
leave it to you to make a good and yet scary point about the near future.

edit: that being said, the Mavs will resign Haywood. They are the clear leaders in the Haywood race.

Last edited by sike; 02-25-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #209
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
can't agree with this. Butler is a far better passer...ball handler, and from what I've seen so far is a more active defender.

and not to mention he seems to have a better feel for the game or is a smarter player.

Although Butler is the better ball handler, the main differences between Josh and Caron are between the ears. Caron is one of the most mentally tough guys in the league, while Josh is the exact opposite.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #210
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:

I guess I'm referring to Josh Howard of 2004-06. He used to be aggressive and was willing to do dirty work and defense, an energy guy. But Butler has always been a better ball-handler and passer. Butler's best > Howard's best.

Last edited by pkdumas; 02-25-2010 at 01:42 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #211
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Although Butler is the better ball handler, the main differences between Josh and Caron are between the ears. Caron is one of the most mentally tough guys in the league, while Josh is the exact opposite.
hence (yes I said "hence") the second line of my comment.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #212
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be very interested in a scientific study aimed at determining the demographics of the Laker fans at the AAC tonight compared with the Maverick fans.

You know...because I'd expect them to be extremely balanced and equal.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #213
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I guess I'm referring to Josh Howard of 2004-06. He used to be aggressive and was willing to do dirty work and defense, an energy guy.
you must have a working flux capacitor and some uranium!!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #214
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
leave it to you to make a good and yet scary point about the near future.

edit: that being said, the Mavs will resign Haywood. They are the clear leaders in the Haywood race.
I don't make basketball points. I only parrot things I hear on The Ticket... and Mike Bacsik was pretty adamant last weekend about Oklahoma swooping in and offering up big money for Haywood in the off-season. It seemed like a realistic possibility to me at the time.

Thig says it ain't so, and that's good enough for me.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #215
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Bandwagon Laker fans are on par with bandwagon Yankee fans.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #216
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd be very interested in a scientific study aimed at determining the demographics of the Laker fans at the AAC tonight compared with the Maverick fans.

I guarantee you none of them actually watch basketball that often. Lakers fans, I mean.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #217
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I missed nearly the entire. I am hating myself, now.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #218
mavsmanic

mavsmanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Twitter @ EarlKSneed: Do Lakers fan travel or are they all transplanted into every city? Ain't that the truth?

Imagine once Damp comes back...Happy bday to Roddy! Congrats to Carroll on your second kid and what an amazing win!
I hated the fact that there were so many lakers fans the last game we played them. They even booed Damp when he was shooting free throws. And as we left after the game, they were loud and bragging about how great they are. I wish I could have been there to see them leave tonight.
mavsmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #219
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm amazed that can can play the minutes he's played since the all star break and go so hard. Dude is like my age so I know he feels it in the morning . He's pushing the ball more and putting pressure on the defense by getting in the lane as opposed to just bringing it up and dumping it to Dirk or Terry like he had been doing. My concern is that RC is burning him out. Guess time will tell. He's a different player right now though.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #220
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Can't imagine that Damp is going to demand much money this summer. And the Mavs will have their Mid and Low exceptions to play with.
This is VERY interesting.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #221
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I'm amazed that can can play the minutes he's played since the all star break and go so hard. Dude is like my age so I know he feels it in the morning . He's pushing the ball more and putting pressure on the defense by getting in the lane as opposed to just bringing it up and dumping it to Dirk or Terry like he had been doing. My concern is that RC is burning him out. Guess time will tell. He's a different player right now though.
I have to say, Kidd playing 40 minutes night-in-night-out is worrying me a bit.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #222
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

But thig just parrots things he hears from Skin!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #223
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't make basketball points. I only parrot things I hear on The Ticket... and Mike Bacsik was pretty adamant last weekend about Oklahoma swooping in and offering up big money for Haywood in the off-season. It seemed like a realistic possibility to me at the time.

Speaking of Chew-bacsik, what's up with that guy's family?

http://www.theunticket.com/stop-teasing-chew-bacsik/

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #224
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Mike Bacsik is my Ticket kryptonite. Uggg.

I'm not saying it can't happen. But Oklahoma in particular seems like a weird team to focus on considering they play a defensive PF a lot in Green and they already have a young defensive center in Ibaka.

Just know that the Mavs have Bird rights and can top any contract offer made to Haywood. I would be absolutely shocked if the Mavs tried their hardest to re-sign Haywood this summer and he ended up elsewhere.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #225
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I have to say, Kidd playing 40 minutes night-in-night-out is worrying me a bit.
I agree generally that his minutes can't stay that high, but I do think tonight in particular is certainly excusable. You'll note that the Lakers only used 8 guys tonight (the Mavs used 9). Both coaches clearly approached this like a playoff game.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #226
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But thig just parrots things he hears from Skin!
I just parrot things that I hear from my parrot.

Which explains a lot actually.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #227
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I gotta believe RC is concerned with it...at least in theory.

Kidd knows his body and says he'll "rest in the off season."

This is a freakin' rejuvenated dude.

I do imagine we'll see a lot more of JTPG and Roddy over the next 2 weeks.

Heck, I wouldn't mind just giving him a game off.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #228
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mike Bacsik is my Ticket kryptonite. Uggg.

I'm not saying it can't happen. But Oklahoma in particular seems like a weird team to focus on considering they play a defensive PF a lot in Green and they already have a young defensive center in Ibaka.

Just know that the Mavs have Bird rights and can top any contract offer made to Haywood. I would be absolutely shocked if the Mavs tried their hardest to re-sign Haywood this summer and he ended up elsewhere.
OKC currently starts Nenad Kristic at center. And what are you talking about "defensive PF in Green"? Green is considered a below average defender (and undersized). They will DEFINITELY make a run at Wood. Hopefully we can keep him though.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #229
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Cuban has said this much. Haywood isn't going anywhere if the Mavs are pleased with what he brings.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #230
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I just parrot things that I hear from my parrot.

Which explains a lot actually.
I would just like to point out that the above comment made me smile. (I can't laugh my wife is asleep in the next room)

Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #231
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
I gotta believe RC is concerned with it...at least in theory.

Kidd knows his body and says he'll "rest in the off season."

This is a freakin' rejuvenated dude.

I do imagine we'll see a lot more of JTPG and Roddy over the next 2 weeks.

Heck, I wouldn't mind just giving him a game off.
I think RC is finally starting to wake up regarding JJB. Which is forcing him to play Kidd 40 MPG. What he's got to do is start playing Roddy more AND if he's not comfortable doing that, he has to play Jet at PG w/ Caron/DeShawn at the 2. There is no problem with that. Jet is more than adequate running the point in limited minutes.

But Kidd can't keep playing 40 MPG, and JJB is a huge liability.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #232
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I agree generally that his minutes can't stay that high, but I do think tonight in particular is certainly excusable. You'll note that the Lakers only used 8 guys tonight (the Mavs used 9). Both coaches clearly approached this like a playoff game.
And the March schedule looks very digestible.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #233
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I think RC is finally starting to wake up regarding JJB. Which is forcing him to play Kidd 40 MPG. What he's got to do is start playing Roddy more AND if he's not comfortable doing that, he has to play Jet at PG w/ Caron/DeShawn at the 2. There is no problem with that. Jet is more than adequate running the point in limited minutes.

But Kidd can't keep playing 40 MPG, and JJB is a huge liability.
agreeance.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #234
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would just like to point out that the above comment made me smile. (I can't laugh my wife is asleep in the next room)
Pod people don't wake up even with a stiff poke with a stick:

Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #235
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
OKC currently starts Nenad Kristic at center. And what are you talking about "defensive PF in Green"? Green is considered a below average defender (and undersized). They will DEFINITELY make a run at Wood. Hopefully we can keep him though.
I'm perfectly aware of who they start at center. If they were DEFINITELY going to make a run at Haywood in the offseason then why wouldn't they have made a play for him at the trade deadline? They're under the cap and could have executed a salary dump trade with Washington with much greater ease and with immediate savings to Washington.

They haven't been linked to Haywood in any way, to my knowledge, and considering how little the Mavs had to take on and give up to get Haywood, it seems pretty nonsensical to state that a team is definitely going to make a run at Brendan Haywood in the off season, considering the sheer number of quality free agents that are going to hit the market this summer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #236
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Why would you expect that? There's always a higher density of opposing fans during Laker games, plus Kobe always makes at least two appearances on every NBA commercial, and many more for Nike, etc. So they're obviously bandwagon fans who are both disloyal to their native area and subject to being easily swayed by marketing scams. You can then see why their brains are of a softer consistency than ours and sort of resemble pudding. Besides causing them to become fairweather Laker fans, this mental handicap also has nasty, unclean results, such as drooling uncontrollably and the inability to use soap and toilet paper.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 AM   #237
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Sarcasm...it's what's for dinner.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #238
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

I'm not dumb, jthig. I'm looking for any and all excuses to whip out my thesaurus under the entry for "disgusting", and go to town with yet another rant on Laker fans.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #239
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #240
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

There's a lot of talk about playing JET at PG, which I am definitely in favor of by the way.. But has he actually played even one meaningful minute at the point this season? I don't remember seeing it...

Edit: Heck, has he even played an unmeaningful minute at PG?

Last edited by particleman; 02-25-2010 at 02:39 AM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!