Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #161
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

all of these GM's and NBA people know about these guys personal lives. they hear things we aren't privy to. i think if word is out Super Cool Beas still has substance abuse issues no one will touch him. and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #162
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Resign Haywood
Why do you NOT like him exactly?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #163
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If Toronto does a s&t with Miami for Bosh, then that means Miami could sign Haywood straight-up, correct? That would suck to lose him for nothing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #164
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Jermaine O'Neal will decide on three teams... the Celtics, Nuggets and Mavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ALLASHeadlines
Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #165
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

We haven't choice if Haywood goes to Heat.Jermaine or nothing
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #166
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
We haven't choice if Haywood goes to Heat.Jermaine or nothing
Or we could have one of the better center duo's in basketball.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #167
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Haywood and Jermaine O'Neal is this is good.And watch with Damp???We mast trade him!!!
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like the rest of the basketball universe, Brendan Haywood will be tuned into LeBron James' one-hour special Thursday night on ESPN.

“We’ll see where King James is going,” Haywood said. “And then, after that, I feel everything is going to kick off.”

At which point Haywood’s free-agent path will finally come into clearer focus. Talking from his home in Charlotte, N.C., on Wednesday, about an hour after Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade declared their union in Miami, Haywood wouldn’t limit his potential options once the James dust settles, but Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat appear to be the frontrunners for the 7-footer’s services.

Haywood said the Mavs and Heat are the only clubs that have come to his home in Charlotte, N.C., to meet face-to-face. Mavs coach Rick Carlisle visited Haywood at the start of the free agency period a week ago and Heat president Pat Riley met with Haywood last weekend.

Haywood said both teams provide the opportunity to play with two superstars – albeit the Heat’s new dynamic duo is younger and will be together longer -- as well as a chance to contend for a title.

“Wade and Bosh is a great combination in Miami and that’s something you have to look at. But you know, I love playing with Jason Kidd and I love playing with Dirk [Nowitzki],” Haywood said. “Dirk is one of the coolest superstars ever, on and off the court. He hits big shots, he’s great in the locker room as far as making everybody feel like they’re a part of the team; not like he’s bigger than life. So, I love the chemistry with Kidd and Nowitzki just as well as Bosh and Wade, so who knows?”

Haywood’s plight is tied directly to James’ decision. If he joins Wade and Bosh in Miami, it would make it extremely difficult for the Heat to sign Haywood outright. But, if James goes elsewhere, Miami could offer an enticing, long-term financial deal with the opportunity to team with Bosh and Wade for years to come.

As a Bird-rights free agent, Haywood can receive an additional year and ultimately more money from the Mavs. Haywood made $6 million last year and his agent Andy Miller has called Haywood a top 10 center in the league who wants to be paid like one. That could push Haywood’s salary beyond $10 million annually, assuming Miami or another team with cap space is inclined to go that high.

A league source said the Mavs may be more in line with $8 million to $10 million. Haywood, who declined to get into salary figures, said he would like to complete a deal “sooner rather than later” so he can begin his offseason workout program with a clear mind.

“At the end of the day, I’m a starting center in this league and the market will shake all that stuff out,” Haywood said.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ve-met-haywood

Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #169
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“Wade and Bosh is a great combination in Miami and that’s something you have to look at. But you know, I love playing with Jason Kidd and I love playing with Dirk [Nowitzki],” Haywood said. “Dirk is one of the coolest superstars ever, on and off the court. He hits big shots, he’s great in the locker room as far as making everybody feel like they’re a part of the team; not like he’s bigger than life. So, I love the chemistry with Kidd and Nowitzki just as well as Bosh and Wade, so who knows?”
That bit caught my eye...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nice words. MUCH nicer if he stays....

Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #171
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

According to this Miami Heat beat writer, Jermaine Oneal and the Celtics are closing in on a deal.

http://twitter.com/wallacesports

"Go ahead and nix any thoughts of a Bosh-J. O'Neal frontcourt reunion. O'Neal to Boston is almost a done deal. Bank on it"

The Mavs are gonna have to go in a different direction.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #172
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

good because oneal will do nothing here ,, i would go for al jefferson or gortat and take my chances
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #173
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3286
Gortat speculation

Quote:
DONUT 4: Lots of balls being juggled in Mavs Summer Shopping at the center position, where Jermaine O’Neal reportedly has MLE-type offers from Boston and Denver while the Mavs want in on the bidding – depending in part on what they can pull off with Brendan Haywood.

Can we assume that if LeBron goes to Miami, there won’t be enough dough left over for Big Wood to go to South Beach?

And then there is this, from the Orlando Pinstripe Post (Google Translation)

“Today I received news that the chances are that I would be traded to another club - said the basketball player. Asked whether the club is unable to guarantee him a place in the starting composition, Gortat just smiled mysteriously.’’

Mystery. The order of the day. … for the NBA but also for the Mavs, who depending again on the Haywood situation would likely like to revisit last year when they got Kicked in the Gortats.

Gortat at around the MLE rather than JO at that price? I’m in.

Gortat at around the MLE rather than Big Wood at twice that price? I’m in.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #174
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Indeed

Is it wrong to think that given the opportunity Gortat might end up being better than Wood?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #175
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Indeed

Is it wrong to think that given the opportunity Gortat might end up being better than Wood?
Possibly...

Could a Gortat/Shaq duo hold down the 5?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #176
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed

I've got this feeling that there won't be a major dropoff. I'd really like to come out of this summer with Gortat as our starting center somehow.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-08-2010 at 11:47 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #177
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I've got this feeling that there won't be a major dropoff. I'd really like to come out of this summer with Gortat as our starting center somehow.
The spares over at db.com have been kicking around a DUST-for-Gortat/Carter (or Pietrus) trade, but I'd love to land Gortat with part of the MLE and save Damp's contract for something juicier...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #178
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more than likely Gortat and Shaq would be fine at the 5. Maybe an insurance 4/5 would be needed somewhere along the line in case Shaq kills over or gets hurt.

@FIN. I would love Gortat here as our starting center as well. I really like how active and quick he is.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #179
Underdog

Quote:
I think it's more than likely Gortat and Shaq would be fine at the 5. Maybe an insurance 4/5 would be needed somewhere along the line in case Shaq kills over or gets hurt.
What, an undersized Najera doesn't do it for you?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #180
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What, an undersized Najera doesn't do it for you?

Are we still talking about Basketball???

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #181
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The spares over at db.com have been kicking around a DUST-for-Gortat/Carter (or Pietrus) trade, but I'd love to land Gortat with part of the MLE and save Damp's contract for something juicier...
I might be missing something, why are you mentioning him with the MLE...he's under contract.

EDIT: With JO looking set on going to Boston that only really leaves Atlanta and Dallas interested in Shaq. 50/50 roll of the dice. I'd love to have either him or Gortat as the backup.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-08-2010 at 12:39 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #182
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are we still talking about Basketball???

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LoL. HEYOOOOOOO!!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #183
Underdog

Quote:
I might be missing something, why are you mentioning him with the MLE...he's under contract.

EDIT: With JO looking set on going to Boston that only really leaves Atlanta and Dallas interested in Shaq. 50/50 roll of the dice. I'd love to have either him or Gortat as the backup.
Oops, my bad - for some reason I thought something-something, but yeah, Gortat is still under contract...

And the chances of getting Shaq just spiked up to 100% - it's between Dallas and Italy, remember?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #184
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Oops, my bad - for some reason I thought something-something, but yeah, Gortat is still under contract...

And the chances of getting Shaq just spiked up to 100% - it's between Dallas and Italy, remember?
If you can get either guy, you're headed in the right direction for improving the team.

If you can do the Gortat + ____ for DUST deal, it's even better because you still have the MLE to pursue a guard or whatever you feel is necessary. It might be underwhelming but I think it's a decent enough deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #185
BGMaverick9
Guru

It IS a circus:
Shaq and...Spurs?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,254518
Old 07-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #186
Underdog

Quote:
"Just because my minutes went down people thought I had a problem with him. He did what he thought was best for the team and he was very upfront about it. He told me about it," Haywood said of Carlisle. "He thought he needed to get Dampier ready for the playoffs if we were going to make a deep run. I was like, 'OK, if you feel that's best for the team than I'm going to fall in line with that.' He felt like Dampier, it was hard with him getting older and not being able to play with Jason Kidd; he felt the only way they were going to be able to get the best production out of him was for him to start and me to come off the bench because I could provide energy and offensive rebounding."
If Haywood was benched because Dampier couldn't keep up with Kidd's pace as a backup, then I doubt Damp slingshots back to the Mavs after being dealt...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #187
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
If Haywood was benched because Dampier couldn't keep up with Kidd's pace as a backup, then I doubt Damp slingshots back to the Mavs after being dealt...
Gortat is still ideal for me as the backup...if they loved his potential as a starter a ywar ago, they should still theoretically like him as a backup at that pricetag.

You get a little more athleticism with Marcin and he brings added pick and roll abilities.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #188
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think injuries have gotten the best of Damp, and he is just out of gas. He never really came back from that injury he got in February.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #189
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Gortat is still ideal for me as the backup...if they loved his potential as a starter a ywar ago, they should still theoretically like him as a backup at that pricetag.

You get a little more athleticism with Marcin and he brings added pick and roll abilities.
Quite possibly better at most things.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #190
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm just not sure it makes sense to commit to four years at the MLE for your backup center.

Now, if he can back up the 4 and the 5, now you've got something. I think Gortat is out of the picture at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #191
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm just not sure it makes sense to commit to four years at the MLE for your backup center.

Now, if he can back up the 4 and the 5, now you've got something. I think Gortat is out of the picture at this point.
I'm assuming you mean MLE money...because he's under contract.
It's basically what were were going to pay him LAST year, and you tend to overpay for centers. I just don't see how you're getting quality from the position if you're not willing to spend, especially for a big man.

I'd much rather pay for a younger player like him at the spot versus someone like Shaq.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #192
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
It's basically what were were going to pay him LAST year, and you tend to overpay for centers. I just don't see how you're getting quality from the position if you're not willing to spend, especially for a big man.

I'd much rather pay for a younger player like him at the spot versus someone like Shaq.
yes. Plus it's insurance. We don't have Howard that he's stuck behind. Haywood hasn't really floored me with proof that he is going to be the guy, or worth a guaranteed starter position. Over Damp hell yes but Gortat or some hungry athletic young man, idk. Hopefully Haywood comes out and I eat my words.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #193
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
yes. Plus it's insurance. We don't have Howard that he's stuck behind. Haywood hasn't really floored me with proof that he is going to be the guy, or worth a guaranteed starter position. Over Damp hell yes but Gortat or some hungry athletic young man, idk. Hopefully Haywood comes out and I eat my words.
Apparently we might not be first in line...Looks like Washington and Minnesota might be in talks for a 3-way deal with Gortat landing in Minnesota.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #194
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah but last year we didn't have a center signed through 2016.

Obviously I would rather have Gortat over Shaq or Damp for the next several seasons, but I just don't think it makes financial sense to commit those kinds of years and money to your backup center.

I would be stunned if the Mavs acquired Gortat at this point. There is a limit to their budget.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #195
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yeah but last year we didn't have a center signed through 2016.

Obviously I would rather have Gortat over Shaq or Damp for the next several seasons, but I just don't think it makes financial sense to commit those kinds of years and money to your backup center.

I would be stunned if the Mavs acquired Gortat at this point. There is a limit to their budget.
I agree there is a limit but I still think it's beneficial even at the level of having a valuable trading chip for the future. We know it's incredibly difficult to find a great deal for a center and teams have to overpay to get them...that can't hurt in the long run if you look at it with that angle. It doesn't hurt from a talent perspective at all. The only thing is the money.

Like I said, it might be a moot point because he might be going to Minnesota.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #196
Underdog

So no Shaq, no Gortat, no Damp...

Who?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #197
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Who?
moussa seck?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #198
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

Who?
Why are you assuming no Damp? I think it's pretty likely that he's the backup center.

Or maybe they'll find a way to get a 4/5 to backup both.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #199
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you assuming no Damp? I think it's pretty likely that he's the backup center.

Or maybe they'll find a way to get a 4/5 to backup both.
Didn't Damp kind of take offense to the idea that he would just boomerang back to Dallas for a low contract? Are we sure that we can swoop him up? I can't imagine the market being terribly active for Damp, but I still think we might have to shell out a little bit to him. How much do you think Damp can be had for?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #200
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Didn't Damp kind of take offense to the idea that he would just boomerang back to Dallas for a low contract? Are we sure that we can swoop him up? I can't imagine the market being terribly active for Damp, but I still think we might have to shell out a little bit to him. How much do you think Damp can be had for?
I think the "offense" part of it is probably overblown. I certainly never saw any direct quote from him on the subject.

I think he'll take most of the MLE for a year or two. Maybe 4 mil/year?

They might have other plans for their MLE, so maybe they pass on that, but a true defensive backup center is important, as we saw last year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game