Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #121
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Man, you guys are harsh on j0shi. Just because he isn't blowing sunshine up the wawa.

Yes, it's great to go 12 in a row but it's still disappointing to blow 20 point leads at home vs. the Bucks.
I really don't think it's an issue of him (or anyone) not being a homer. The problem is the tone and approach. This post of yours and his make similar points, but the difference couldn't be more stark.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #122
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
i'm ready to ditch Haywood and put in Ian. Seriously that guy is the 2nd laziest BBall player in the NBA right behind eric Dumpier.
They may not be the two laziest. But they sure are a couple of the biggest contract year ho's in the NBA.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #123
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
how did we lose? my internet crashed after the third quarter. i guess you can't win em all. have we had a double digit lead in every game we've lost this season?
We found the culprit for our loss.... Next time, go to a neighbor's house, the drive to the closest sports bar that has an NBA League Pass, whatever.... But don't miss the 4th!

Damn it xrobx!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying my hardest not to knee-jerk with Haywood, but his lack of effort often dances on stage like a vaudeville act.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #125
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get the whole "sure other great teams (lakers, boston, orlando, jazz, basically everyone besides the Spurs have lost to subpar teams but thats okay when they do and its the end of the world when we do."

I don't care how the losses came. It was a 4 point loss. It doesn't matter to me if we're up 20 and lose by 4 or we're down 20 and lose by 4. Seriously, you guys would rather be down 20 than up 20? That makes it better somehow? A loss is a loss and we're still 18-5. I don't buy morale losses just like I don't buy morale victories. If we were a fan of those other teams we wouldn't have perspective on their losses and we'd be freaking out just as bad... It's the nature of the fan. 2 games ago we were all having mini orgasms on here and 2 games from now we probably will be having them again.

Think about it.. we won 12 freaking games in a row. Then we lost by 4. It's the NBA... it happens. To get mad after the first loss in 13 games is just rediculous. You simply cannot expect to win every game. It's silly to look at the reason for our loss (Haywood, or JJB, or defense, or Terry or whatever the reason may be) and look at it like its a fatal flaw because it lost us a game. Guess what.. there was a reason that the Lakers lost 4 in a row too. It was probably Fisher, or defense, or intensity, or focus or SOME reason they lost.... but you don't see it as a fatal flaw do you? Stop overreacting.

Plus, the only way I could justifiably see people freaking out about this loss is if our win streak came against bad teams... but we have beat up some GOOD and GREAT teams this year. Give the goddamn team a little slack and let them lose 1 out of 13 games. Sheesh.

edit: just to clarify.. this is not aimed at you rabbit. I'm on the Longhorn boat here... there's a difference between analyzing a game and what j0shi is doing. It's in the tone and it's in the ridiculousness.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-14-2010 at 03:19 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #126
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm trying my hardest not to knee-jerk with Haywood, but his lack of effort often dances on stage like a vaudeville act.
I was thinking more like a Shakespearean tragedy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #127
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't think it's much of a knee-jerk with him - he's been mediocre pretty much all season...

Dude got paid, he can afford to be lazy now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #128
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking no one, Haywood had the free throw coach at his side working on his free throw attempts today.

A recap of the day will be up on MMB shortly.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #129
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Shocking no one, Haywood had the free throw coach at his side working on his free throw attempts today.
And thus "Free Throw Gate" was born...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #130
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I bet the FT coach is pissed. Haywood is ruining his glowing reputation.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #131
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I will say he wasn't perfect, but he made his fair share of free throws.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #132
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't get the whole "sure other great teams (lakers, boston, orlando, jazz, basically everyone besides the Spurs have lost to subpar teams but thats okay when they do and its the end of the world when we do."
even the spurs lost to the clippers!
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #133
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
even the spurs lost to the clippers!
And the Mavs. The Mavs suck--they couldn't even beat the Bucks!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #134
fluid.forty.one

oh yeah... even better.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #135
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
After Loss, Mavericks Now Entering "Key Stretch"

You had to go back to November 19th to find the last time the Mavericks had actually lost a game. The day after the defeat against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Dallas Mavericks had a film session and a lengthy practice to go over their mistakes and look ahead to the Portland Trailblazers. They worked on their screen and roll defense and keeping the intensity up on their zone defense. Overall, just getting back to the basics and getting back to doing things that got them on their winning streak. "We had some very good defensive possessions, but we didn't have enough of them in a row last night at key times," Carlisle said to the media after practice. "Again, we're working at being able to sustain good play at the defensive end and be able to do the same thing offensively."

The growing concern is the Mavericks inability to sustain 20-point leads and put them in situations to win a game at the very end. "The NBA game is 48 minutes, which is a long time," said Carlisle. "Each play is part of the process and you've got to work the game possession by possession regardless of the score and I think that's where our mentality has to be. When teams get big leads in this league, other teams fight back."
read more at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...ng-key-stretch
Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #136
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will say he wasn't perfect, but he made his fair share of free throws.
But I've heard he's been making them in practice for a while now, right? For whatever reason it's not translating in the game.

I'm of the opinion that he needs to get his free throw percentage to at least 55%. Cause if not, the Hackin-Wood strategy will become a regular occurrence if opposing coaches know what's best for them.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-14-2010 at 05:06 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #137
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
But I've heard he's been making them in practice for a while now, right? For whatever reason it's not translating in the game.

I'm of the opinion that he needs to get his free throw percentage to at least 55%. Cause if not, the Hackin-Wood strategy will become a regular occurrence if opposing coaches know what's best for them.
He has to take what hes doing in practice to the games. I know a lot of the players, just hurry their shot. He's got to slow down, take his time.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #138
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I thought of the name HackaWood. It is now forever trademark. You must pay me 5 dollars for every time you use it or something like it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #139
LonghornDub

I think Choppin' Wood is a better idiom.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #140
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Longhorn, no one pays you to think.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #141
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Longhorn, no one pays you to think.
I know. Dammit.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #142
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I know. Dammit.
So what DO they pay you for? (triple curious UnderDog wink)

Old 12-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #143
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
So what DO they pay you for? (triple curious UnderDog wink)
If I told you, I'd have to show you.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #144
Bayliss

Does it require a midget, a donkey and a stripper?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #145
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I've actually been expecting it. And it's going to really be bad in the playoffs if Tyson gets into foul trouble. Wood may find himself third in the rotation because of his ft shooting.

The bucks would take a hack-a-bogut, hack-a-wood contest all day long. Bogut (and dampier) are twice the ft shooters that wood is. And that is a FACT..
Bogut was 1 for 6 shooting FT last night...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #146
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Bogut was 1 for 6 shooting FT last night...
Bogut ft% 2010 -- 0.457
Wood ft% 2010 -- 0.237 --- It's actually getting worse...

Quote:
Since then, his percentage had dropped back around his career average until this season's absolute free fall.
To put it in a bit of perspective, third-string center Ian Mahinmi played 21 minutes Tuesday and made 8-of-10 free throws, equaling Haywood's number of makes in 20 games.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-14-2010 at 06:11 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #147
LonghornDub

Quote:
Your pick 2 out of 3, but you have to provide your own midget.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #148
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

I don't care how the losses came. It was a 4 point loss. It doesn't matter to me if we're up 20 and lose by 4 or we're down 20 and lose by 4. Seriously, you guys would rather be down 20 than up 20? That makes it better somehow? A loss is a loss and we're still 18-5. I don't buy morale losses just like I don't buy morale victories. If we were a fan of those other teams we wouldn't have perspective on their losses and we'd be freaking out just as bad... It's the nature of the fan. 2 games ago we were all having mini orgasms on here and 2 games from now we probably will be having them again.

Think about it.. we won 12 freaking games in a row. Then we lost by 4. It's the NBA... it happens. To get mad after the first loss in 13 games is just rediculous. You simply cannot expect to win every game. It's silly to look at the reason for our loss (Haywood, or JJB, or defense, or Terry or whatever the reason may be) and look at it like its a fatal flaw because it lost us a game. Guess what.. there was a reason that the Lakers lost 4 in a row too. It was probably Fisher, or defense, or intensity, or focus or SOME reason they lost.... but you don't see it as a fatal flaw do you? Stop overreacting.

Plus, the only way I could justifiably see people freaking out about this loss is if our win streak came against bad teams... but we have beat up some GOOD and GREAT teams this year. Give the goddamn team a little slack and let them lose 1 out of 13 games. Sheesh.

edit: just to clarify.. this is not aimed at you rabbit. I'm on the Longhorn boat here... there's a difference between analyzing a game and what j0shi is doing. It's in the tone and it's in the ridiculousness.
Anyone freaking out are nutcases. However this does continue to be something that cubes has talked about, carlisle has talked about and I heard a very good analysis of it from Nate Newton today.

The mavs need to get to a point where they are playing against themselves...not just the other team. If they truly, really want to win a championship they cannot continue to be willing to let their defense slack off if they are still winning close games. It's not good enough and it won't be good enough in the playoffs. If they want to win a championship they have to be a juggernaut and think like one. That when they are up 2-0 and up 12 with less than a quarter to go in the 3rd game of the championship series, they don't skate..they stomp their opponents into the ground.

They do not have that yet and haven't ever had it actually. They'll never get where they "say" they want to be until they are willing to do that. We've seen this movie before and know how it ends, they have to change that culture on this team.

And I don't know who the heck josh is nor do I care..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-14-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #149
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Choppin' Wood is a better idiom.
Yeah, that's why I went with Hackin' Wood myself. That, Wood-Chop, or your version works pretty well here.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #150
LonghornDub

I'm starting to wonder how often the Mavs blow sizable leads (say, 15+ points) relative to other good teams. Not necessarily losing, but at some point being up that much and then later being within, say, 2-3 points. The implicit assumption has been that it's a particular flaw of this team (for a few seasons now), and maybe that's true, but I'd be really curious to know if it's actually a much bigger problem here than anywhere else.

You could argue that the Mavs' lower MoV stat indicates as such, but that's not necessarily the case. And obviously we're not bound to notice how frequently the other teams lose leads like that since we don't watch and analyze every minute of their games.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #151
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder how often the Mavs blow sizable leads (say, 15+ points) relative to other good teams. Not necessarily losing, but at some point being up that much and then later being within, say, 2-3 points. The implicit assumption has been that it's a particular flaw of this team (for a few seasons now), and maybe that's true, but I'd be really curious to know if it's actually a much bigger problem here than anywhere else.

You could argue that the Mavs' lower MoV stat indicates as such, but that's not necessarily the case. And obviously we're not bound to notice how frequently the other teams lose leads like that since we don't watch and analyze every minute of their games.
Check out the popcornmachine.net gameflows.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #152
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Check out the popcornmachine.net gameflows.
Yeah, that's the best resource, but I just don't check those regularly enough to have a good frame of reference for whether the Mavs are that peculiar with regard to blowing leads. It would take a whole lot of looking to really get a nice sample size.

But I did go look just now. Here's a random example (which doesn't prove anything, but suggests why I'm wondering about this): Washington @ LAL from last week. LA was up 17 over halfway through the 3rd, then suddenly was up only by 3 at the end of the period. This was at Staples.

I bet almost nobody here knew that. I certainly didn't. We always know when the Mavs blow a lead, but we rarely notice (or care) when other teams do, at least as long as they still win. I'm certainly not saying other teams blow leads as much as the Mavs do, but it's possible, and I wonder how big the difference really is.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #153
LonghornDub

Another recent one that probably a lot of people did know, since it was on national TV and the only game on at the time, was Orlando blowing a 16-point 2Q lead to Portland and actually losing by 14.

Again, not proof of anything, just musing.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-14-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #154
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh god..

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #155
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sorry to bother you again!
But could you ask around or find some tidbits on why Haywood changed his free throw motion. That double knee bend is probably the reason why he is leaving his shots short.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #156
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Sorry to bother you again!
But could you ask around or find some tidbits on why Haywood changed his free throw motion. That double knee bend is probably the reason why he is leaving his shots short.
He has also quit moving his right arm out before shooting. I'm almost afraid that Gary Boren has tried to fix him and it's caused this.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #157
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

i think the problem is we don't play our dark players enough
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:07 AM   #158
Manu4five
Banned

Manu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's the second night of back-to-backs for the Bucks, not the Spurs...

So what was the score of this imaginary back-to-back game for the Bucks RETARD?

It's so funny. I check in here and several Mavs fans can't even check the NBA schedule. Keep raising the bar for intelligent basketball discussions LOL
Manu4five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #159
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu4five View Post
So what was the score of this imaginary back-to-back game for the Bucks RETARD?

It's so funny. I check in here and several Mavs fans can't even check the NBA schedule. Keep raising the bar for intelligent basketball discussions LOL
What the f*ck does this thread have to do with the Spurs, again?

I don't care about your schedule, this is a Mavs forum.

(but thanks for the "intelligent basketball discussion"!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 AM   #160
Jason R

Jason R will become famous soon enoughJason R will become famous soon enough

The problems were from inside and out. The Bucks shot something like 70% from three point range in addition to giving 50 up in the paint. Hard to overcome that. Disappointing loss for the Mavs, but really, it's one game and the Mavs are neck and neck with the best in the league right now. At the very least the game gives the Mavs a chance to reassess bad habits they've been in. Best to get this out of the way instead of persisting with them the entirety of the season.
Jason R is offline   Reply With Quote