Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #121
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Does it need to be mentioned that DoJo was away from the team for a pretty good while. It allowed him to get minutes against better-than-college competition (a good thing for those who think you only get better by playing), but it does mean that he's been playing catchup on the offensive and defensive strategies since he got back with the team.

For my part I'd like to see him get some more minutes, especially while Booby's still out and the SF rotation remains unsettled, and I hope they put the ball in his hands when he's out there; for one because he's not much of a threat as a weak-side shooter, but more to the positive side of things I like his instincts and quick decision-making once he gets by his primary defender.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #122
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Does it need to be mentioned that DoJo was away from the team for a pretty good while. It allowed him to get minutes against better-than-college competition (a good thing for those who think you only get better by playing), but it does mean that he's been playing catchup on the offensive and defensive strategies since he got back with the team.
I can agree with that to an extent. He wasn't completely away from the team, during Legends home-stands and when they were off, Jones was with the Mavericks (shootarounds, practices and etc). I know that doesn't radically change your theory but it should be noted that he wasn't completely out of the loop.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #123
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I can agree with that to an extent. He wasn't completely away from the team, during Legends home-stands and when they were off, Jones was with the Mavericks (shootarounds, practices and etc). I know that doesn't radically change your theory but it should be noted that he wasn't completely out of the loop.
Good to know; I didn't realize he'd been pulling double duty practicing with both teams. I wonder if a larger proportion of his time with the team was spent working on individual skills and drills, as opposed to game preparation and the like, than would have otherwise been the case?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #124
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
WHERE did I say he could shoot?????????

Show me, go ahead.

I said he SHOULD be getting consistent minutes (at least 5-10 a game). I said his fg% is lower than it should be because of the sporadic lack of PT.

George Hill couldn't shoot his rookie year either. It was a knock on his game. But Pop let him play through it and improve.

Don't make up things.

Yes he should be getting minutes and not just based on last night. It's obvious that he has become more comfortable and that seems to have made a huge difference. In the beginning he made good moves to the bucket but didn't get any calls and a lot of his close attempts kinda rolled around and off the rim or he just missed. I think RC needs to back up his words and actually give him at least 5-10 mpg.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cadban making friends, cadbaneisarhetoricjunkie, ignorantlemmings, return of the quack!, shiavo>ud, shiavo? how current!, whaaabane vs the world