Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #121
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFFM View Post
Wow, what is wrong with this board? If someone read the PGT of the whole year without looking at the standings, he will think our record is 3-60. But its 46-17 and we have the 3rd best record in the whole league. And that happens with our 2nd best player out for the year and a 2-7 run during Dirk´s injury. We are still the hottest team in the NBA for the last weeks, so i don´t get it why 90% of the board is bitching and whining the whole time. I don´t know if this is a typical Mavs thing, but why are Mavs fans don´t trust in this team, enjoy the regular season(if you can´t remember,they are playing a great season overall)and getting excited that Playoff time is around the corner? Sure, the last few years there wasn´t much fun in the Playoffs, but this a totally different Mavs team with a TRUE center in Tyson and a bunch of veterans in Kidd,Peja,Terry,Marion,JJB and of course UberDirk where everyone can get you +20PPG every single night.
I´m a Red Sox Fan as well, and i know it is hard to believe in your team when it sucks everytime close before the championship. But i still believed and get rewarded with the miracle 2004. And so i think the Mavs are able to let us forget the last years and the unbelievable 2006 loss and make our dreams come true in the sommer of 2011. I believe in this team until they prove me wrong, and maybe some of you can believe too and stop bitching about everything that MAYBE happens in the Playoffs like pussies. Because one is absolutely clear: PUSSYS NEVER WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Greets from Germany, GO MAVS

P.S I´m sorry for my bad english, i tried to do my best. Thats the reason i´m a silent reader of the this board and this is my first post.
I thought you were quite eloquent. Welcome...wonderful first post...

As for why all of the griping. I think it's mostly about fear. Fans are afraid of another playoff flameout so they re-actively want to change something. They also want to blame the last flameout on carlisle when it was actually the team getting beat by the better spurs team. It's hard for them to admit that they didn't have the better team..so they need a scapegoat.

Some believe the only way this team can win a championship is if a rookie is featured on the team (mainly because they don't know if he can or cannot deliver) but since it is different it allows them an out when/if the team doesn't get it done again. Others probably actually do think that roddy is that good. Others don't think so or think that him missing significant time resets his timetable.

But mainly I expect it's fear of losing again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #122
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

what???? were the spurs better than us last year???what????

they were been "sweeped 4-0 by suns",BY SUNS!!!!

i'm very afraid for the PO.and i have all the reasons.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #123
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Some believe the only way this team can win a championship is if a rookie is featured on the team (mainly because they don't know if he can or cannot deliver) but since it is different it allows them an out when/if the team doesn't get it done again. Others probably actually do think that roddy is that good. Others don't think so or think that him missing significant time resets his timetable.

But mainly I expect it's fear of losing again.
this board is in flameout because people bastardize others' arguments and then attack posters rather than the arguments.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #124
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

we played without energy!And it is sad

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #125
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
this board is in flameout because people bastardize others' arguments and then attack posters rather than the arguments.
Bullsh!t.

You just make bad arguments like "Terry WILL play bad in the playoffs because he HAS played bad in the playoffs" and people refute that with "you don't know the future" then you come back with "well you don't know the future either".

Great debate. Nobody knows the future (but don't let that little fact get in the way of your "Terry can't play in the playoffs" campaign...)

Pessimism makes great armor - you can't ever be let down if you always expect the worst.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #126
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
This.

Also, it's easy to sit behind a computer and say "If X or Y or Z happened, we would have won the game/series/championship." There's no way to argue alternative histories in a rational way - it's the NBA. Anything can happen on any given night.

Similarly, it's easy for people to predict another non-championship year. You know why? Because it happens to 29 out of 30 teams EVERY YEAR. And when it does happen, people think "I KNEW this was going to happen, and I was right, meaning I was also right that if Carlisle had played Roddy more in that last game against the Spurs, we totally would have won the series (and somehow, by extension, the championship)!!!11!!@!1!!eleven!!!"

We have disagreements - that's a given. But why can't you guys just let the stupid arguments (not going to name names here) be ignored? When someone responds with "You're an idiot, clearly my opinion is superior," why not just ignore it? You really do yourself a disservice by taking it so personally. Also, why do you feel like you have to correct every wrong statement? I suppose this is a disease endemic to the internet as a whole, but there were times when this board was above average in terms of both basketball discussion and etiquette. It makes me sad to see it slipping away.

/rant
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #127
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
This.

Also, it's easy to sit behind a computer and say "If X or Y or Z happened, we would have won the game/series/championship." There's no way to argue alternative histories in a rational way - it's the NBA. Anything can happen on any given night.

Similarly, it's easy for people to predict another non-championship year. You know why? Because it happens to 29 out of 30 teams EVERY YEAR. And when it does happen, people think "I KNEW this was going to happen, and I was right, meaning I was also right that if Carlisle had played Roddy more in that last game against the Spurs, we totally would have won the series (and somehow, by extension, the championship)!!!11!!@!1!!eleven!!!"

We have disagreements - that's a given. But why can't you guys just let the stupid arguments (not going to name names here) be ignored? When someone responds with "You're an idiot, clearly my opinion is superior," why not just ignore it? You really do yourself a disservice by taking it so personally. Also, why do you feel like you have to correct every wrong statement? I suppose this is a disease endemic to the internet as a whole, but there were times when this board was above average in terms of both basketball discussion and etiquette. It makes me sad to see it slipping away.

/rant
This board would be boring as hell if nobody disagreed with anything or "corrected" statements they feel to be inaccurate.

And I haven't seen any personal attacks in this thread. It's a problem on here every now and then, but less so than just about any other board you'll find. I don't see an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Surely this happens sometimes, but it happens a lot less often than people making bad arguments that require no bastardization.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-08-2011 at 11:54 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #128
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This board would be boring as hell if nobody disagreed with anything or "corrected" statements they feel to be inaccurate.
Disagreements make for good discussion. I'm talking about when people are obviously trolling or are just n00bs and people jump all over them for 4 pages of replies. Why not sometimes let the stupid comments just be ignored? There is a happy medium somewhere between the two extremes.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #129
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFFM View Post
Wow, what is wrong with this board? If someone read the PGT of the whole year without looking at the standings, he will think our record is 3-60. But its 46-17 and we have the 3rd best record in the whole league. And that happens with our 2nd best player out for the year and a 2-7 run during Dirk´s injury. We are still the hottest team in the NBA for the last weeks, so i don´t get it why 90% of the board is bitching and whining the whole time. I don´t know if this is a typical Mavs thing, but why are Mavs fans don´t trust in this team, enjoy the regular season(if you can´t remember,they are playing a great season overall)and getting excited that Playoff time is around the corner? Sure, the last few years there wasn´t much fun in the Playoffs, but this a totally different Mavs team with a TRUE center in Tyson and a bunch of veterans in Kidd,Peja,Terry,Marion,JJB and of course UberDirk where everyone can get you +20PPG every single night.
I´m a Red Sox Fan as well, and i know it is hard to believe in your team when it sucks everytime close before the championship. But i still believed and get rewarded with the miracle 2004. And so i think the Mavs are able to let us forget the last years and the unbelievable 2006 loss and make our dreams come true in the sommer of 2011. I believe in this team until they prove me wrong, and maybe some of you can believe too and stop bitching about everything that MAYBE happens in the Playoffs like pussies. Because one is absolutely clear: PUSSYS NEVER WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Greets from Germany, GO MAVS

P.S I´m sorry for my bad english, i tried to do my best. Thats the reason i´m a silent reader of the this board and this is my first post.
It's been said several times already, but not only is your English nothing to apologize for, it's quite good.

I have a feeling we have several more int'l members who don't post as much as they should because they think their English is not great. I wish that would change. Some of these guys bring good stuff every time.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #130
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

D-Day (Bruce McGill): War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter (Tim Matheson): [whispering] Germans?
Boon (Peter Riegert): Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my *** from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

GO MAVERICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, snap - I totally forgot this was a PGT...

25 points (7-12 FGM-A / 1-2 3PM-A / 10-10 FTM-A), 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block with only 1 turnover in 27 minutes.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #132
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Pessimism makes great armor - you can't ever be let down if you always expect the worst.
Better than being superman.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #133
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Again we lost points in last second, fortunately this time our lead was 6 not 1 point.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #134
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Again we lost points in last second, fortunately this time our lead was 6 not 1 point.
I'm guessing you haven't watched much basketball if you're complaining about a stat-padding halfcourt heave after the game was mathematically wrapped up...

Seriously, of all the things you could choose to bitch about, you picked our garbage time defense?

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #135
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

I watched, and played a lot. My english isn't good, so I can't use technical basketball words to talk with you about strategy. I know Mavs hadn't to be focus, because our lead was 6, just wrote we had luck it was 6 not 1 point this time, but you always have to add something to my posts.

Last edited by deamon; 03-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #136
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
I watched, and played a lot. My english isn't good, so I can't use technical basketball words to talk with you about strategy. I know Mavs hadn't to be focus, because our lead was 6, just wrote we had luck it was 6 not 1 point this time, but you always have to add something to my posts.
Your English and basketball vocabulary aren't the problem.

The problem is that you're complaining about something that had ZERO impact on the outcome of the game.

If you've played basketball, then you should know that a buzzer-beating 3-pointer from half court doesn't mean a hell of a lot when you're up by 6 points.

I'm pretty sure math is a universal language...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #137
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm pretty sure math is a universal language...
debatable
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #138
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
debatable
Enlighten us...
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
usually merkin, usuallymenstruating