Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Why is this a news story? What about all of those guys who scream the "N-Word" during the game? Does it happen so much that its become accepted?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Why is this a news story? What about all of those guys who scream the "N-Word" during the game? Does it happen so much that its become accepted?
You can't control what fans do. I don't think any PLAYER has called a ref a N****. And if they did, I guarantee it would be a far bigger deal than this.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You can't control what fans do. I don't think any PLAYER has called a ref a N****. And if they did, I guarantee it would be a far bigger deal than this.
I think he meant the players who yell it on the court at each other.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I think he meant the players who yell it on the court at each other.
Yea that's exactly what i'm referring to. I mean I understand that these guys are in the heat of the battle and have bigger things on their mind then censoring themselves. But the first time a gay slur is said, now everyone wants to tone down what the players say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
@WojYahooNBA:
The NBA fined Kobe Bryant 100K for slur on referee.
Wow. Just wow. They're trying to make a example out of him.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea that's exactly what i'm referring to. I mean I understand that these guys are in the heat of the battle and have bigger things on their mind then censoring themselves. But the first time a gay slur is said, now everyone wants to tone down what the players say?
Saying that to a ref is not the same thing as saying it to a player. I assure you, if you call a ref an N, you're going to get fined.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Saying that to a ref is not the same thing as saying it to a player. I assure you, if you call a ref an N, you're going to get fined.
This.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So if Kobe called another player a homophobic slur you don't think he would've been fined had it been caught on camera? I thought the fine came from the fact that it was actually on video rather than who he said it to?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #8
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
So if Kobe called another player a homophobic slur you don't think he would've been fined had it been caught on camera? I thought the fine came from the fact that it was actually on video rather than who he said it to?
No, he wouldn't have.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, he wouldn't have.
True that. Can't have the help getting out of line.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote