Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #41
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. After all these 'Clutch' - discussions on Kobe it would be beyond awesome if Dirk could hit the game winner tonight
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Win, just win baby!! Lets go Mavs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

Anybody goin to the Watch Party at the AAC??
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little worried that we're going to see an immense blow back from the Lakers tonight. Specifically in the lane. Specifically taking Tyson Chandler off the floor and getting to the line a ton.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I am a little worried that we're going to see an immense blow back from the Lakers tonight. Specifically in the lane. Specifically taking Tyson Chandler off the floor and getting to the line a ton.
Then Haywood will have to bring his A game.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-04-2011 at 12:51 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #46
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Time to unleash the Tiger...................

First Mavericks coach - Dick Motta

12/25 Motta: "We were at Golden State in 1980, my first year here. They
had a halftime act with a huge Bengal tiger and a monkey. The monkey
would shoot basketballs and the tiger would go retrieve them. I watched

the act for awhile and then I asked the trainer if she would do me a favor
and let me borrow her tiger. I said, 'Is it a nice tiger?' and she said
it was. I said, 'Will it bite me?' and she said no. I had her knock on

the door when her act was over. We were still in the dressing room at
halftime. She knocked on the door, and I reached out and got that tiger
by its leash and collar and walked it in. The players all scattered. I

said, 'If you guys don't start rebounding, I'm going to let this tiger
eat.' At the time, the players didn't think it was funny. They didn't
laugh. But it _was_ funny. It was great."

GO MAVS!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #47
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Just got back from buying my new Dirk jersey now it's time to take a power nap in preparation of watching the Mavs open a can of whoop @$$ on the Lakers tonight.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #48
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs take a commanding lead in the series.

Dirk scores 29 and grabs 9 boards
TC gets a double double with 15 and 12
JJB gives a spark off the bench by scoring 17 pts and dishing out 10 assists. He also turns the game around when he accidently head butts Pau Gasol in the groin. He couldn't help it.. he's vertically challenged.

Mavs 99
Lakers 96
"Experts" still pick Lakers in 6.

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-04-2011 at 02:15 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #50
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

only 9 rebounds?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

This will be a tough, tough game. I think the Lakers will win and then the winner of gm2 will win the series.

It would be totally amazing to win this game. I don't see LA blowing us out, so I think we'll have a chance at the end.

I hope Brewer starts...
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #52
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavericks!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think the Mavs can win this because they believe they can. The team is cool, tough, and pretty confident. Deadly combo.

It will come down to the bench again IMO. The better one will be on the winner's side.

GO MAVS!

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #54
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Dirk is getting 40+
Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #55
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

How in the hell am I suppose to study for my last final with game 2 tonight? Going to have to make it work somehow.....
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #56
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
How in the hell am I suppose to study for my last final with game 2 tonight? Going to have to make it work somehow.....
Get your F ing priorities in line M8!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #57
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
F*ck that sh*t. Gotta read about 70 pages for a class tomorrow. Get your act together, man, it's game time!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #58
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The Lakers will destroy us tonight. Take dat wit you to Vegas, book it and make some easy money.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #59
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow's game recap
Clutchwitzki

Nowitzki's buzzer beater game winner puts Mavericks in Driver's Seat in Series vs Lakers

By Writer from the future
May 5, 03:14 am EST

LOS ANGELES, C.A. (AP)—The Lakers' Kobe Bryant is known world around for his cold-bloodedness and clutch-shot-making the world over. But Nowitzki was out to prove that Bryant wasn't the only one that could be relied upon to score in the crunch.

And two nights after Kobe Bryant missed the shot that could have given his team's a one-point win, Nowitzki made sure he did not do the same.

Nowitzki hit a 26-foot three pointer as time expired to put the Mavericks in the driver's seat in their second round series, taking a big 2-0 lead back home in the best of seven series against the Los Angeles Lakers.

The German born player looked assertive the whole game on his way to a game-high 39 points and 17 rebounds, 10 in the fourth decisive quarter. He finished the game 16-for-21 and 6-for-6 from the free-throw

“We know Kobe has made countless shots to win games in his career, but I've worked with Dirk for such a long time now, and he has come through in crunch time for us numerous times” Carlisle said. “I loved the way [J.J.] Barea came through down the stretch and helped us directly, with his 20 points, and indirectly and inadvertedly, when he headbutted [Lakers' Forward Pau] Gasol in the crotch area while jumping for a rebound.”

The Mavericks inbounded the ball with 12.3 seconds to go and Nowitzki was able to force a switch, getting Laker Andrew Bynum to guard him.

Nowitzki made his move at the top of the arc with about 3 seconds play, got Bynum off his feet, went under him and got nothing but net to give the Mavs a 100-99 win.

Ecstatic, he walked toward halfcourt and pulled his jersey while wagging his tongue, while the crowd, as loud as it had been 2 seconds earlier trying to break his concentration, was completely silenced

“I tried to concentrate even more,” Nowitzki said of his last shot. “It was probably one of the best looks I had all night, as my pump fake sent [Andrew] Bynum sprawling to the ground.”

“We tried to switch on the last play because they have so many good shooters, but that wasn't the switch we wanted“ said a somber Kobe Bryant, who was just 5 for 25 for 12 points. ”I was worried about the shot, but I was more worried about Bynum, who fell and did an unintentional split after biting on the pump fake."

Nowitzki had 27 points at half to lead the Mavericks, who shot 43.7 percent from the field. It didn’t matter because their last shot was the only one that counted.

“Oh man. I was feeling it tonight,” said Nowitzki, who has scored over 20 points in all playoff games this postseason. “It seemed like everything I threw up went in. Even when I bounced the ball hard off the ground after a questionable foul on Tyson [Chandler] I couldn't catch it on the way back and it went over the board and into the basket.”

Tyson Chandler added 19 points and 17 rebounds for Dallas, which will play the next two games at home, and is looking more and more likely to prove most of the experts wrong on their prediction of the series' outcome.

Andrew Bynum, who had had 19 points for the Lakers, which lost its bid for a 13th win, which would have topped last season’s total.

Los Angeles, which had rallied from a 12-point deficit with 4:44 to go, took its last lead at 90-89 on two free throws by Gasol with 3:02 to go. Gasol scored

Mavericks Guard JJ Barea, who scored 20 points and picked apart the Lakers defense, was involved in a rather bizarre play: as the diminutive Mavericks point guard drove for a layup and missed, he inadvertedly hit Gasol in the groin area with his forehead as he tried to get an offensive rebound from his own miss.

"I was just trying to get us a second chance when my forehead hit...... come to think of it, it was a pretty flat area. If anything, there might have been a slit there" said the 5'5" guard from the Mavericks, who is currently dating former Miss Universe from Puerto Rico. "My girlfriend will make my boo boo feel better, I'm sure."

Gasol fell to the ground and was examined by the Lakers doctor on court after a timeout, but did not return. He has been listed as day to day.

Dallas now has a chance to close the series in its homecourt in the next two games.
Don't ask me for a source....

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-04-2011 at 05:03 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
The Lakers will destroy us tonight. Take dat wit you to Vegas, book it and make some easy money.
Excellent point, Windmill. The devastating loss in Game One might force them to show all their cards in Game Two, pulling out all the stops in a desperate attempt to tie the series. While their adjustments could work for them in the short run, they will have revealed plans A, B, C, and D by the end of the second game, allowing us to prepare for every strategy they can possibly throw at us by the time the series shifts to our house. I shudder to think about just how ugly things will look for the Lakers by week's end.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #61
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs got what they want, a win on the road but they should go all after it tonight, a win tonight would be sooo huge!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #62
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

The Lakers obviously won't lose 2 in a row. The Lakers will bounce back strong this game like they usually do after stupid losses.

Going to Dallas is where it will get interesting.

The Lakers can't afford to lose both Games 3 & 4 in Dallas, they'll have to steal one there.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-04-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
The Lakers obviously won't lose 2 in a row. The Lakers will bounce back strong this game like they usually do after stupid losses.

Going to Dallas is where it will get interesting.

The Lakers can't afford to lose both Games 3 & 4 in Dallas, they'll have to steal one there.
A lot of people thought they were obviously going to win game 1, too.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #64
Mr. Cheezul

Mr. Cheezul will become famous soon enough
Default New

New to the DMV forums. Pretty decent Mavs fan. I won't lie, I AM a Pacers fan, hopefully no hard feelings guys

I'm pulling for you guys to win sooo bad!

Let's go Mavs!
Mr. Cheezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #65
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

anyone else get the feeling that all this "kobe isn't clutch" BS is gonna come back and bite us in the ass tonight?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #66
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

It already didn't bite us in the ass once.... why would it now?

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-04-2011 at 06:53 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #67
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Obviously you would say that. Obviously.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #68
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nah, most Laker fans had a feeling they were going to choke the first one away just like they did with the lesser Hornets.

Takes awhile for these Lakers to wake up this year.

Not worried about this game 2, will be an easy Laker win.

Games 3 & 4 will be a different story, it will be difficult for the Lakers to win in Dallas but they must win one of those.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #69
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Nah, most Laker fans had a feeling they were going to choke the first one away just like they did with the lesser Hornets.

Takes awhile for these Lakers to wake up this year.

Not worried about this game 2, will be an easy Laker win.

Games 3 & 4 will be a different story, it will be difficult for the Lakers to win in Dallas but they must win one of those.
Gotta love the Laker mentality.

"We so much better than everyone else.. so if we lose, it's because we didn't really try/care. They'll wake up when they want to and dominate"

Gimme a break. The Lakers tried and the Mavs punched them in the mouth.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #70
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Gotta love the Laker mentality.

"We so much better than everyone else.. so if we lose, it's because we didn't really try/care. They'll wake up when they want to and dominate"

Gimme a break. The Lakers tried and the Mavs punched them in the mouth.
I don't blame you for dis-believing. You have to follow the Lakers to realize their bad habits.

You'll see tonight, the Lakers will win easily because they'll "wake up".

It's been like this with them all year.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #71
fluid.forty.one

If the Lakers win tonight, which I agree with you is a big possibility, it won't be because they are all in the locker room saying "*yawn* alright, time to wake up. Lets dominate this without any trouble".

The only person I can think of that might "wake up" is Pau, but his reason for seeming "asleep" isn't that he's so confident that they'll win when they want to. It's because he's as soft as fresh dog shit.

What will PROBABLY happen tonight is that Bynum will play a lot better. But I don't think Kidd and Marion will be as horrendous as game 1 either.

Dirk is still the best player in the series and I don't think tonight will be as easy as you think. The great thing for Mavs fans is that it doesn't have to be. We already did what we had to.

Also, there are a couple big differences between game 1 against the Hornets and game 1 against the Mavs. First of all the Mavs are a lot better than the Hornets, so it's conceivable that the Lakers didn't really give a shit. They should, and do, give a shit about the Mavs. The other difference is that the Hornets led most of the game and it did really seem like the Lakers didnt care. In this game, the Mavs gave all the momentum away at the end of the 2nd and ended up being down by 16 in the 2nd half. If you don't think the Lakers wanted that game, you're kidding yourself.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #72
fluid.forty.one

Laker fans also forget about the fact that Kobe may have just played his best game of the series. He was in volume shooter mode, sure, but he got HOT in the 2nd half. The closer it gets to the Mavs winning this series, the more he's going to chuck it up there and if it didn't work when he was actually hitting stuff at a higher clip than usual... why would it work later?

You think Kobe is going to trust Gasol or Bynum if he senses that his 2nd 3-peat is on the line? That plays very well into the Mavs hands, as you saw last game.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-04-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #73
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Me and you both.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #74
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers fans were saying the same stuff around me at Game 1. It was hilarious.

Poor Lakers fans. No number of championships can cancel out self-entitlement and delusion.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #75
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Laker fans also forget about the fact that Kobe may have just played his best game of the series. He was in volume shooter mode, sure, but he got HOT in the 2nd half. The closer it gets to the Mavs winning this series, the more he's going to chuck it up there and if it didn't work when he was actually hitting stuff at a higher clip than usual... why would it work later?

You think Kobe is going to trust Gasol or Bynum if he senses that his 2nd 3-peat is on the line? That plays very well into the Mavs hands, as you saw last game.
The Mavs don't really have a Kobe stopper so high volume Kobe in this series isn't a problem. Historically, Kobe shooting tons of shots against the Mavs is a good thing.

Kobe can shoot 40 shots in this series and I think the Lakers will still be successful. Mavs aren't doubling Kobe so he should shoot whenever he can.

Lakers just need Ron, Bynum and the bench to shoot at a high percentage tonight.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #76
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I want so bad to say the Mavs are gonna win tonight... But I really think the Lakers are going to.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #77
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

what's with all the people already losing the game? fuck's up with that?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #78
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Mavs don't really have a Kobe stopper so high volume Kobe in this series isn't a problem. Historically, Kobe shooting tons of shots against the Mavs is a good thing.

Kobe can shoot 40 shots in this series and I think the Lakers will still be successful. Mavs aren't doubling Kobe so he should shoot whenever he can.

Lakers just need Ron, Bynum and the bench to shoot at a high percentage tonight.
Give me Marion on him all day, the two times he was on him in Game 1, Kobe bricked hard. Kobe never shot highly over 40% since Marion came to the Mavs, sadly he wasn´t on him more during Game 1.

Kobe can take as many shots as he want, it´s a good thing.

Last edited by Kante; 05-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #79
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

F Em!
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #80
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Excellent point, Windmill. The devastating loss in Game One might force them to show all their cards in Game Two, pulling out all the stops in a desperate attempt to tie the series. While their adjustments could work for them in the short run, they will have revealed plans A, B, C, and D by the end of the second game, allowing us to prepare for every strategy they can possibly throw at us by the time the series shifts to our house. I shudder to think about just how ugly things will look for the Lakers by week's end.
Yes expect The Lakers best tonight. Establishing Bynum and Odom early. Those are where they have the biggest mismatches. I think Bynum&Odom are the keys. They are both mercurial sorts and you never know when they'll disappear or suddenly take over. Must focus on stopping these guys and body up on them. Don't let either of them get in a rhythm. Hard fouls when they go to the hoop. Let Kobe "take over". That's when the Lakers are most beatable.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote