Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Demarco Murray
First 100 carries: 674 yards

Felix Jones
First 100 carries: 716 yards

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Demarco Murray

Felix Jones
Felix jones missed yards because he has zero vision: 9001
Demarco Murray's: 3

Last edited by Ninkobei; 11-15-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Demarco Murray

Felix Jones
meh...change of pace backs often have great ypc stats.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
meh...change of pace backs often have great ypc stats.
Dayyyyum. Check out the big football brain on sike!

I would tend to agree wholeheartedly with him, in principle (and not just because he threatened to "pull a Sandusky" on me if I didn't). Fewer of those first-down runs between the tackles, more of the sweeps and tosses and such. I don't know that the difference is large enough to make the comparison entirely insignificant...but yeah...it's really impressive that Murray has been ripping off the YPC he has lately, given that he is taking all the tough runs, too.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Demarco Murray

Felix Jones

Let's also not lose focus on who the line was for Felix's first 100 rushes vs. the mesh of untalented flesh being thrown in there against opposing front 8s these days. Don't get me wrong, I believe in Free despite his rough year, thing Kosier is underrated overall, and believe that Smith will eventually turn into something special. That said, Smith regularly gets beat inside, Free has been inconsistent as hell and Kosier has been too banged up to do much. The other two positions are beyond weak with horrible, horrible inside push. Sure, they have turned things around over the past 2 weeks, but again, don't forget that Felix had Adams, Columbo, Davis and Gurode to go along with Kosier. That line was MUCH larger and, while they had their own issues, back then they were MUCH better overall than this year's line.

This line has an opportunity to turn into something special with a couple more tweaks, but right now it doesn't hold a candle to the line that Felix started so well with.