Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #2121
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

Who is this "Roddy" you all keep referring to? Sorry I don't keep up with this board much.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #2122
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I have no problem with Carlisle choosing that match up over another because his job is to win.

But you can't be serious if you believe for one second that he can become a better player only through those side sessions and not playing. I am pretty sure he looks really good feeding Darrell Armstrong in the post who is being defended by Monte Mathis. He probably can actually complete a lob to Wright who is being guarded by nobody and doesn't have to run and catch. One on one sessions can never replace actual playing time. He hasn't played a lot in the last 3 years. Why is Roddy to good not to go to the D-league? Why was it great for Dojo, but a no-no for Roddy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle View Post
Who is this "Roddy" you all keep referring to? Sorry I don't keep up with this board much.
Rick...I'm shocked that you don't know him...he's the best point guard on your team! Just pretend that he's a 15 year vet so you won't give him the cold seat on the bench.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #2123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I have no problem with Carlisle choosing that match up over another because his job is to win.

But you can't be serious if you believe for one second that he can become a better player only through those side sessions and not playing. I am pretty sure he looks really good feeding Darrell Armstrong in the post who is being defended by Monte Mathis. He probably can actually complete a lob to Wright who is being guarded by nobody and doesn't have to run and catch. One on one sessions can never replace actual playing time. He hasn't played a lot in the last 3 years. Why is Roddy to good not to go to the D-league? Why was it great for Dojo, but a no-no for Roddy?
Roddy's quite a bit further along than Dojo. And again, I think it has more to do with Roddy's value to the current roster.

You CAN certainly get better by working with the coaching staff and playing sparingly. Ian did it last year and Wright did it early this season. This is certainly not the ideal season to improve because of the compressed schedule and fewer practices, but there's no reason to think Roddy is going to be completely stagnant if he gets no playing time.

More playing time would obviously be better, but the development of Roddy is not the goal of this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #2124
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

McMahon

Quote:
DALLAS – Two years ago, Mark Cuban declared Rodrigue Beaubois “pretty much untouchable” in the trade market.

Now, it’s relatively notable for Cuban to say that Beaubois, who hasn’t gotten off the bench in the two games since Jason Kidd returned from a strained right calf, remains part of the Mavs’ long-term plans.

“That’s the way we see it now. Absolutely,” Cuban said.
------------------------------------------------------
But Beaubois struggled miserably during the Mavs’ three-game losing streak, playing tentatively and ineffectively. As far as he knows, that’s why he hasn’t played at all the last two games.

“Nobody told me anything, so the only thing I can do and I can guess is that I wasn’t playing good,” Beaubois said. “I just have to work on my game, do everything I can to get better. That’s the only thing I can do.”
g-o-n-e.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #2125
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafix View Post
g-o-n-e.
Highly unlikely.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #2126
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Roddy won't be traded, with his rookie contract and limited trade value he is still more valuable as a mav than he would be elsewhere
Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #2127
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafix View Post
McMahon

g-o-n-e.
There's selective reading, and then there's just making something up that directly contradicts available evidence. I'll leave it up to you as to which you are guilty of here. I lean towards both. The article and quote you cited includes a statement that makes your post look pretty ridiculous.

Like this, for example:

Quote:
Now, it’s relatively notable for Cuban to say that Beaubois, who hasn’t gotten off the bench in the two games since Jason Kidd returned from a strained right calf, remains part of the Mavs’ long-term plans.

“That’s the way we see it now. Absolutely,” Cuban said.
That said, I would absolutely deal Roddy as part of a package to get a marquis player here. But it makes absolutely zero sense to just dump him or trade him for a late-round pick that you would probably have to spend just as much time developing who probably has much less upside than Roddy does.

From the Carlisle haters to the Roddy>Mavs fans, I wonder just how flawed the short-term memory is of some people here. The coach who some of you go out of your way to crap on and troll about just won a freaking title. Jesus. And Roddy, despite his freakish athletic ability, has some flaws. Namely, his mental toughness and concentration. That has played out in the majority of games where he has seen the floor, at one point or another. I mean, seriously, do you guys even watch anything but the bulge in Roddy shorts long enough to see the floor clearly?

The shtick has grown old, ladies and gentlemen. Carlisle forgot more about basketball as he was taking a crap this morning than anyone, and I mean anyone, on this board thinks they know about basketball right now. Including me.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #2128
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road
Default gone

Haha

I didn't say when, and without a package required this season it's not imminent, but it's fairly obvious that the Mavs don't need him when they can acquire Deron, which is, kind of, the plan.

As for selective reading and contradictions, i offer you Jason Kidd to Dallas rumors presented to Cuban: "Step away from your crackdealer."

The NBA is a Business. Don't be naive.

I agree that he will not just be dumped to be dumped, but his future in Dallas is very shaky at best and if he stays, it will be bad news coz we missed on D&D.

From TheTwomanGame

Quote:
The Mavs undoubtedly still value Beaubois as a contributor and a prospect, but in this case it’s only sensible to translate Cuban’s less literal response into more manageable terms. “Untouchable,” was a fairly powerful word then, just as it is now, and it’s as inapplicable to Beaubois today as it was two years ago. It was an exaggerated representation of real stock and sentiment, and in both of those regards, little has changed. Dallas still has a player they would like to keep, and Cuban — both by nature and for the sake of consistency — has reached back to extend his previous claim, in a sense.

It doesn’t mean much of anything, honestly, save for what we already knew: the Mavs liked and like Beaubois, who will remain untouchable until he’s gone. His tenure in Dallas could end tomorrow or a decade from now, but nothing in the timeline could change the steady beating of Cuban’s drum.
Essentially, he's an Asset. He's not a Cornerstone, not yet, no more, perhaps only was for half a Game.

The Cornerstone is Dirk.

As jthig said, the Development of Beaubois is not the goal of this Season.
Well, what do you do with not-developing Assets? You keep 'em in the bank until you need them to make a splash.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #2129
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
From the Carlisle haters to the Roddy>Mavs fans, I wonder just how flawed the short-term memory is of some people here. The coach who some of you go out of your way to crap on and troll about just won a freaking title. Jesus. And Roddy, despite his freakish athletic ability, has some flaws. Namely, his mental toughness and concentration. That has played out in the majority of games where he has seen the floor, at one point or another. I mean, seriously, do you guys even watch anything but the bulge in Roddy shorts long enough to see the floor clearly?
Who are you talking about here really? There is maybe, maybe (!) one poster who doesn't understand this here. And he only started this argument, because Dude trolled it out of him. I think we all know Roddy isn't perfect, but some of us think Carlisle should find minutes for him, if not for else, he made huge strides defensively this year.

Nobody can deny that. If it won't happen, and we're winning, i'm sure everybody will be okay with it. There is not one fan here who thinks Roddy>Mavs. On the other hand, there are a lot of fans who thinks Dirk>Mavs, which, in my opinion, is equally not true, even though i'm 100% sure, i'm never gonna admire an athlete like him, ever again.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #2130
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle View Post
Ah, my alter ego. Good to see you again.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #2131
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^It's a solid bit tho

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #2132
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Who are you talking about here really? There is maybe, maybe (!) one poster who doesn't understand this here. And he only started this argument, because Dude trolled it out of him. I think we all know Roddy isn't perfect, but some of us think Carlisle should find minutes for him, if not for else, he made huge strides defensively this year.

Nobody can deny that. If it won't happen, and we're winning, i'm sure everybody will be okay with it. There is not one fan here who thinks Roddy>Mavs. On the other hand, there are a lot of fans who thinks Dirk>Mavs, which, in my opinion, is equally not true, even though i'm 100% sure, i'm never gonna admire an athlete like him, ever again.

First off, I appreciate Justafix for elaborating on his original post. Now, to your points. Unfortunately, the bolded part above doesn't seem to be the case, as a few posters here have proven as much so far this season, last season, and years before. Maybe you skim past those posts, but I don't, and it bothers me, frankly, that more here don't call them out on it. I think it's a bit naive to assume that your balanced viewpoint is shared by the entire board when a few minutes of reading can easily prove otherwise.

There are a few fans here who routinely bag on the entire team, the front office, the coach, everyone... but Roddy. I suppose that you could interpret that as being somewhat inconsequential, but one of those posters (mavsfan1000) has posted in this thread quite a bit. There seemed to be some traction gained with his conspiratorial angle on RC just not liking Roddy amongst a few posters, and that is complete and utter BS.

There are several posters here who routinely call RC "stupid" or "an idiot". Even some who blame him for playoff losses when he wasn't even coaching the team.

It seems apparent to me that RC has a plan for Roddy so far this season. Being that those who laud him often point out that he needs to build his confidence, I would think that playing him against non-contending teams would do exactly that. The idea that Carlisle "doesn't develop young players" (an unfortunate theme displayed by several posters ) is factually inaccurate. Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and JJB prove otherwise, to name a few.

As to "dude trolling it out of him"... not so much. "The dude" is one of the small number on this board that give the aforementioned posters a taste of their own medicine. That's why he's cool by me. We don't always agree, but he kicks some posters in the nuts in his own beautiful way, especially considering this team just won a title. I know that I tend to be redundant with that point, but there is only one coach in this league who can say that, and he looks a lot like Jim Carrey and doesn't give two sh!ts about how he is perceived by people outside the organization.

I didn't like him at all, initially. He made me look like a fool for doubting his efficacy within a few months of being here. I thought Avery was being made into the scapegoat (or "escape goat" as some might say). There seems to be a direct correlation between those who think Roddy sh!ts ice cream and farts rainbows and those who think Carlisle sucks and is to blame for Roddy's lack of development. I am fairly confident that if you take the time to read the posts from a few folks here, you will see what I am getting at... but maybe not.

I am not attacking the entire board, just pointing out the repeated themes of a few posters here. If you interpret those in a different way than I do, that's okay by me. No harm done.

EDIT: On a completely different side note, Hungary is a place I plan to visit in the not-too-distant future. The culture has always appealed to me. I grow four varieties of Hungarian peppers in the permaculture garden and I grind my own paprika blend for paprikash. I know it won't be as good as it is over there, but I do my best

Last edited by ribosoma; 02-13-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2133
ribosoma
Golden Member

That was beautiful.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #2134
ribosoma
Golden Member

Nice D by Vince.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #2135
ribosoma
Golden Member

Haha. Wow. Hello wrong thread, nice to meet you.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #2136
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

YOU can add me to the list of people that think Roddy will be gone if a reasonable offer comes out way.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #2137
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Like Dwight?

Roddy goes nowhere at the deadline except Orlando or New Jersey. IF...then they use him next offseason to shred contracts for DDD.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #2138
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
YOU can add me to the list of people that think Roddy will be gone if a reasonable offer comes out way.
Agreed, to a point. It will be tough for the Mavs to pull the trigger on a good player who has a long term deal with Dwight an DWill looming. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them do nothing at the trade deadline, unless it's for Deron, because I don't see us having the players/picks needed to land Dwight.

If they were to trade Roddy, they would have to throw in players to match a high salary, and that's a bit of a problem. Outside of Odom, I'm not sure I want to give up anyone in the rotation right now, and definitely not if the player we acquire keeps us from getting Deron. As soon as Kidd is gone, this team will be in huge need of a facilitator, and regardless of how much Roddy develops this season, I don't see him as a pure facilitating point guard. I hope like hell that he makes me eat those words, though.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #2139
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. The way Terry and Kidd played tonight (again), we might need another facilitator and playmaker this season...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #2140
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I don't know. The way Terry and Kidd played tonight (again), we might need another facilitator and playmaker this season...
Who do you have in mind?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #2141
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who do you have in mind?
No one specific. But although I'm a fan, I slowly consider myself to be in the trade-camp. Roddy can't get off the bench when 3/4 of the backcourt is obviously hurting the team (although he wasn't supposed to against a stronger opponent, but still). Tonight only Vince played solid throughout, West picked it up in the 4th, the Jasons were ugly.

I think the Mavs might want to pick up somebody they trust (another vet) who can actually get minutes when games like tonight happen.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #2142
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Heck they let jjb, Tyson, Caron, Stevenson walk for cap space...ie a player to be named later. Thinking roddy is immune from being traded is flat out ludicrous.

And they would also let jet,jkiddo,Shawn and everyone not named dirk...there isn't anyone safe on this roster.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-14-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #2143
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
This season sucks ass. The mas are fourth in the conference and have played pretty badly. When was the last time you saw an actual minutes limit for a player like a starting pitcher. Rc was more than willing to lose to Portland rather than play jkiddo too many minutes. Trust me, the players are also thinking the same thing, get through this cluster of a season alive until the postseason.

Unfortunately that basketball is going to stink as well. The league would have done its customers a favor and cancelled the season. Right now the customers are getting taken to the bank.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #2144
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Heck they let jjb, Tyson, Caron, Stevenson walk for cap space...ie a player to be named later. Thinking roddy is immune from being traded is flat out ludicrous.

And they would also let jet,jkiddo,Shawn and everyone not named dirk...there isn't anyone safe on this roster.
Roddy is borderline immune, but not because of his play, but because of his contract status. Do you really not get this? He's on a cheap rookie contract. Caron was a huge expiring contract, Tyson same, Stevenson would have asked around what, 5 million, multi year deal? Roddy is on a cheap rookie contract, and the only player we can keep on the roster for his current salary besides Dirk, if we hit the jackpot.

It's really not that hard to understand, is it? If another team offers a lottery pick, or packaging him with Odom nets us an immediate impact player who can help us win this year, i can see them letting him go at this point, anything else is out of question imo, whether you dream about it, or not.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #2145
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about

Kidd will retire...that leaves a spot for Roddy next year...UNLESS: Deron is coming...and i think Deron will be a MAV next year...that leaves no spot...

I SAY: deal roddy and Odom for a nice, young SG!!! Carter and Terry won´t last forever...
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #2146
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Roddy is borderline immune, but not because of his play, but because of his contract status. Do you really not get this? He's on a cheap rookie contract. Caron was a huge expiring contract, Tyson same, Stevenson would have asked around what, 5 million, multi year deal? Roddy is on a cheap rookie contract, and the only player we can keep on the roster for his current salary besides Dirk, if we hit the jackpot.

It's really not that hard to understand, is it? If another team offers a lottery pick, or packaging him with Odom nets us an immediate impact player who can help us win this year, i can see them letting him go at this point, anything else is out of question imo, whether you dream about it, or not.
I understand roddys contract. He is just as immune as Brendan wright and Brian cardinal IMO. His contract is t that big a deal when he can't make a rotation.

If the Mavs see anyway to improve by moving roddy,they'll do it and not look back. The luster is off this gem.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #2147
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
Kidd will retire...that leaves a spot for Roddy next year...UNLESS: Deron is coming...and i think Deron will be a MAV next year...that leaves no spot...

I SAY: deal roddy and Odom for a nice, young SG!!! Carter and Terry won´t last forever...
How is roddy going to beat out delonte? I mean really who would you rather have on the team? Delonte probably already counts less against the cap than roddy does.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #2148
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post

You can say that but I'm not anyone is going to pick up the phone.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #2149
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Roddy+Odom for a solid forward would be great.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #2150
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:

Rudy was also on a cheap rookie contract and he still got traded. Stevenson only signed a 1-year, $2.5 million contract. I don't see how he would be borderline immune since shedding his contract would be about $2 million more that we could offer D12 or Deron. But I do agree there's no rush to trade him this year unless it's for an immediate need on an expiring contract. He'd be easy to trade for no salary in the offseason if we need to quickly clear cap space to sign someone, and if no one wants to sign here, we might as well keep him.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #2151
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There's selective reading, and then there's just making something up that directly contradicts available evidence. I'll leave it up to you as to which you are guilty of here. I lean towards both. The article and quote you cited includes a statement that makes your post look pretty ridiculous.

Like this, for example:

That said, I would absolutely deal Roddy as part of a package to get a marquis player here. But it makes absolutely zero sense to just dump him or trade him for a late-round pick that you would probably have to spend just as much time developing who probably has much less upside than Roddy does.

The shtick has grown old, ladies and gentlemen. Carlisle forgot more about basketball as he was taking a crap this morning than anyone, and I mean anyone, on this board thinks they know about basketball right now. Including me.
this post is so full of win, i just don't even know where to start. You sir, have my respect. I mean in all seriousness, the temperamental nature of MOST of the posters on these forums is a bit absurd. I hadn't been on these forums in over a year just because I was hoping that had somewhat changed.....apparently not. RC is a HELL of a coach. You saw this man time after time out-coach opposing coaches in last year's playoff run, in crunch time, with the game on the line. At this point, RC has earned the benefit of the doubt, whether you'd like to believe that or not. I mean hell, RC is prolly the only man next to Dirk who is untouchable on this Mavs squad, well him and Donnie anyway.

Trust me, I'm as big of a Roddy fan as they come. Over the last two years, and at the beginning of this year I have been pushing for him to get more minutes and more game-time experience because I think he has the raw athletic ability to be a star in this league. However, anyone remember a guy with the last name of Green? Same type of situation, all the talent and ability in the world, but he just couldn't put it together. However, having said that, I think Roddy is in a much different situation. Whereas Roddy just needs experience to fix a lot of his mental issues on the court, Green was just plain stupid. I don't think this is the case with Roddy. Ergo, I think that the Mavs will keep him unless he gets packaged in a deal for D-Will or D12. Other than that, I believe Roddy stays here. And I also believe that RC will continue to develop him and eventually he'll turn in to the player we all think he can be. However, I think if we get D-Will then Roddy ends up playing a lot more 2 than he does 1, which I don't really think is a bad thing. Roddy is a natural scorer, and I'd LOVE to see what he and Williams would look like on the court at the same time.

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 02-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #2152
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Honestly Roddy isn't as good as some people would like him to be. He isn't a bad basketball player, but he shouldn't see the NBA floor consistently.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #2153
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Roddy+Odom for a solid forward would be great.
That solid forward would probably need to have an expiring contract, because by taking on a player who has several years left, you're basically ending any chances you had at getting both Dwight and D-Will in the offseason. It would be a shame to just play for this crazy year and limit the potential chances of building one of the most stacked teams in the history of sports who would be competing for titles even beyond the end of Dirk's career (yes, typing those last few words hurt me deeply).
Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #2154
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Honestly Roddy isn't as good as some people would like him to be. He isn't a bad basketball player, but he shouldn't see the NBA floor consistently.
See this is just ignorant, and also incorrect. There has been no way to tell how good Roddy WILL BE IN THE FUTURE. As of now, I still think he gets significant minutes on at LEAST half the teams in the NBA. No, he wouldn't get those minutes on a contender. But there is no way to tell his value until he is playing abt 20 minutes a night consistently for at least half a season.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #2155
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I'm liking this ReDirkulous Tyme poster. Yeah some of the things said about Roddy on this board are ridiculous. And btw I also think Carlisle is a heck of a coach. I'm not going to insult him to support Roddy. Every coach has his strengths and weaknesses.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #2156
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when the Mavs could have had Gerald Wallace for Roddy?

Hard to be too upset - Wallace might have screwed up the chemistry / minute distribution in last year's playoffs. And he's owed 11 million next season. But still crazy to think that kind of value was out there.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #2157
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Remember when the Mavs could have had Gerald Wallace for Roddy?

Hard to be too upset - Wallace might have screwed up the chemistry / minute distribution in last year's playoffs. And he's owed 11 million next season. But still crazy to think that kind of value was out there.
Well when you have a 40 point game during your rookie season, and shoot 50% from the field, 40% from 3, and 80% from the line (first rookie in history to do so) that'll kinda push your trade value up a bit. That potential is still there, its just going to take more time to develop than people initially thought.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #2158
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
If the Mavs see anyway to improve by moving roddy,they'll do it and not look back. The luster is off this gem.
That's just wishful thinking on your part. He's still only 23. Again, i see the FO trading him, if the deal makes us better, no way they trade him in a salary dump. That's totally unrealistic. And it's not like we're gonna fill out the roster with only veteran minimum players next year. Roddy is getting 2 million, what, that's close to his caphold, no? Even if he does not become the player we want him (well, not you), that defense, and athleticism alone wort 2 million imo. For all his shortcomings on offense, you can't deny the fact he played excellent defense this year.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #2159
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's just wishful thinking on your part. He's still only 23. Again, i see the FO trading him, if the deal makes us better, no way they trade him in a salary dump. That's totally unrealistic. And it's not like we're gonna fill out the roster with only veteran minimum players next year. Roddy is getting 2 million, what, that's close to his caphold, no? Even if he does not become the player we want him (well, not you), that defense, and athleticism alone wort 2 million imo. For all his shortcomings on offense, you can't deny the fact he played excellent defense this year.
Cuban knows that, barring double D seeking out more cash, I can't see Cuban moving him in a straight salary dump.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #2160
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They wont trade Roddy at the deadline for someone that makes u maybe borderline better this year.

Remember if we want DDD to happen we either need to trade Marion or Haywood (the other kicked via AR) during the next offseason to a team with cap space (or have such a team in a multiway trade included).

Well for this Roddy is still by far our best chip because every GM knows about his talent and potential. So he is pretty much our "Dump Marion for nothing during the offseason" chip...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid