Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #41
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

You could replace Kobe with Jet on the Lakers and it would be a lateral move.

They're good because of their bigs.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #42
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofthefaith View Post
Why the hell was Dirk reluctant driving to the basket and not willing to draw foul today!?
Maybe because clown like Barnes and Artest would have took a cheap shot at him...but Dirk still should have went at the basket.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #43
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
While I agree today was not on the refs as far as your statement "never blame the refs"

Tim Donaghy says hi from prison.
This is a whole different argument, but the NBA officiating is rigged. Tim himself said that other refs in the league did the same as him. And Stern never ended up doing an investigation!? Fishy.

And I sort up take back my "never blame the refs" comment because the 06 finals were rigged. Phantom foul after phantom foul for wade. Guess I'm kind of a hypocrite in that sense.

Tonight was completely different. Not refs fault we lost.
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #44
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

btw.

Barnes 11 rebounds 8 assists 11 points.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #45
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

"Father time bro. He undefeated."
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #46
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The only thing I REALLY take away from the game from LA's perspective is that Bynum is a massive, massive problem. Kobe is going to take away shots from Barnes and MWP, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...especially if Marion guards him like he's capable of.
Bynum took 24 shots, to score 23 points. He had a bad, way below average offensive night, even with the strong rebounding effort. I'd take that against them in any playoff game. Haywood is as good of a defender for Bynum as anybody you'll find, not named Howard, or Bogut. He'll get his, but i don't see him as the decisive factor in a series.

If we don't put our game together for the playoffs, it doesn't matter who we play anyway, we lose at most in 6 games. Last year's team had 2 utterly dominant long stretch of games in the regular season, where they were spanking playoff teams left and right. The writing was on the wall. There is nothing on the wall right now. Well, maybe crap. This team needs a whole turnaround in that 4-5 days before the playoffs.

I won't ever write them off, but if something looks bad for a whole regular season, it's tough to see it changing. It probably means the team simpy doesn't have it that year. Wouldn't mean we can't come back strong next year, even if that's the case, i add.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Kobe is selfish but not stupid. I would not be surprised if he has a triple double against us (in a 1st round sweep) and lets the other guys do the job.
Kobe has had a great NBA Career and been a beast in the playoffs, for sure. That being said, How many times has he had a triple double in a playoff game?

hint...the answer is zero.
So I hope you would be surprised, considering it'd be the first time ever he's done it in the playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
btw.

Barnes 11 rebounds 8 assists 11 points.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Bynum took 24 shots, to score 23 points. He had a bad, way below average offensive night, even with the strong rebounding effort. I'd take that against them in any playoff game. Haywood is as good of a defender for Bynum as anybody you'll find, not named Howard, or Bogut. He'll get his, but i don't see him as the decisive factor in a series.
And he had an upper respiratory infection.
He causes the Mavericks to swarm him, and he can dominate or swing the ball out to an open shooter. The thing is he also takes away a valuable asset for the Mavericks, Brandan Wright. Today showed why Wright would have major issues in this series. The zone masked it for a while, bu the Lakers figured it out.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kobe has had a great NBA Career and been a beast in the playoffs, for sure. That being said, How many times has he had a triple double in a playoff game?

So I hope you would be surprised, considering it'd be the first time ever he's done it in the playoffs.
Yes, because he concentrated on scoring. But now we will see his 1st playoff series where "father time" is behind the corner (and he knows it). And maybe he will change his approach this time...(save energy).

Especially after seeing his guys playing so well without him...and facing Marion on defense.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #51
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
And he had an upper respiratory infection.
He causes the Mavericks to swarm him, and he can dominate or swing the ball out to an open shooter. The thing is he also takes away a valuable asset for the Mavericks, Brandan Wright. Today showed why Wright would have major issues in this series. The zone masked it for a while, bu the Lakers figured it out.
Bynum is a well known bad passer out of double teams. That's the one part in his game that needs major improvement. I don't think today's game was different in that aspect. Imo the key against the Lakers, is limiting Gasol, and stay home on their shooters. Bynum's not gonna win a series by himself. (if we're ourselves, of course)
Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #52
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

markus1234 and odb are the worst posters i have ever seen...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #53
HowsMyDirkTaste

HowsMyDirkTaste is on a distinguished road

We got embarrassed on the boards, and Dirk had a bad day. That's why we lost.
HowsMyDirkTaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #54
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:

We actually limited Kobe to 23 points, 3 rbs 2 asts and only 4 FTA per game last spring. Kobe isn't the guy that usually destroys us. It's their bigs that have their way against us.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowsMyDirkTaste View Post
We got embarrassed on the boards, and Dirk had a bad day. That's why we lost.
Dallas is somehow better at rebounding this season (versus last year), but they're about 25th in opponent rebounds allowed. That is down from 12th last season.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-15-2012 at 06:10 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #56
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
odb is the honest poster i have ever seen...
Thank you.

Last edited by odb 7777; 04-15-2012 at 06:11 PM.
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at some of the posts in this thread.

Believe you me, I'm just as pissed off and frustrated but y'all need to slow it down a bit.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #58
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Last season the Mavs where built to beat the Lakers...they had the bigs, shooters and defenders to battle the Lakers, I want no part of them in the playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #59
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Last season the Mavs where built to beat the Lakers...they had the bigs, shooters and defenders to battle the Lakers, I want no part of them in the playoffs.
Last year's Mavs were built to beat or at least compete with LA before Caron went down. After he went down it was far less clear going in how the Mavs would be able to seize an advantage that would see them through to winning four games.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 04-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #60
markus1234
Platinum Member

last year LAL did not have Sessions. LAL should have traded Fisher much earlier.

Fisher made it possible to concentrate on Kobe on defense. Now guys like Kidd and Jet have their hands full with Sessions.

PG: Sessions / Kidd or Jet or West ?
SG: Kobe / Marion
SF: Ron / Kidd or West or Jet ?
PF: Gasol / Dirk
C: Bynum / Wood

recipe for disaster...for our defense.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #61
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The 2009/2010 Mavericks after the Washington trade with Damp/Brendan was built to beat the Lakers. The Mavs went 2-2 against them (should have have been 3-1...Damp missed game tying FT. Unfortunately, it wasn't built to beat the Spurs.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #62
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Gasol made 2, 3 pointer in OT folks, tip your hat and move on!

No need to over analyze anything. We'll see those guys with Kobe soon enough. PS, they play better team ball without Kobe.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 04-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #63
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
The 2009/2010 Mavericks after the Washington trade with Damp/Brendan was built to beat the Lakers. The Mavs went 2-2 against them (should have have been 3-1...Damp missed game tying FT. Unfortunately, it wasn't built to beat the Spurs.
That team also had no team chemistry and it showed in the playoffs when the Spurs picked the Mavs apart.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

Tidbits:

This is the 1st time since 3/4-3/14 of the 06-07 season where Shawn Marion has grabbed double-digit boards in 5 consecutive games.

Dirk Nowitzki has now scored 24,004 points in his career. There are only 3 active players have scored 24K points (Kobe, Garnett and now Dirk).

via Mavstats: Delonte West has had back-to-back 20 point games for the first time since Dec. 2008.

Marks 1st time since 4/12 & 13 of 2009 where West has had back-2-back games of at least 35 minutes played.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #65
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Tidbits:

This is the 1st time since 3/4-3/14 of the 06-07 season where Shawn Marion has grabbed double-digit boards in 5 consecutive games.

Dirk Nowitzki has now scored 24,004 points in his career. There are only 3 active players have scored 24K points (Kobe, Garnett and now Dirk).

via Mavstats: Delonte West has had back-to-back 20 point games for the first time since Dec. 2008.

Marks 1st time since 4/12 & 13 of 2009 where West has had back-2-back games of at least 35 minutes played.
Brown made a great adjustment at half by getting on Bynum to jump out on the PnR and contest West. Unfortunately, Carlisle never adjusted by having either Marion/Dirk cut to the basket. You have to make the team pay when a big has to come out and contest a jump shooter.

Another tidbit
The Mavs made 57% of their 3's, shot 47% overall, and committed only 6 To's and still loss with Bryant not playing one minute.

Last edited by b_o_r; 04-15-2012 at 08:09 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #66
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I wouldn't feel bad about this game at all... if Kobe were playing.

Sadly he was not, which makes this a horrible, horrible loss.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #67
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
You could replace Kobe with Jet on the Lakers and it would be a lateral move.

They're good because of their bigs.

spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, because he concentrated on scoring. But now we will see his 1st playoff series where "father time" is behind the corner (and he knows it). And maybe he will change his approach this time...(save energy).

Especially after seeing his guys playing so well without him...and facing Marion on defense.
You severely underestimate the ego of Kobe Bryant. He'll be back to jacking up 30 shots and freezing out Gasol/Bynum. In fact, it's our best hope to beat them in a playoff series.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #69
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker View Post
METTA is so clutch
You missed a chance to say 'World Peace is so clutch'.... Fail!

Anyway, some bad decisions down the stretch (delonte decision to pass to Wood - really?) in regulation and some misses in OT was the difference in this game. Some bad calls going both ways really (yes both ways! just thinking of the 'foul' on west in the 4th and the hacks on Bynum).
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #70
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Brown made a great adjustment at half by getting on Bynum to jump out on the PnR and contest West. Unfortunately, Carlisle never adjusted by having either Marion/Dirk cut to the basket. You have to make the team pay when a big has to come out and contest a jump shooter.

Another tidbit
The Mavs made 57% of their 3's, shot 47% overall, and committed only 6 To's and still loss with Bryant not playing one minute.
Delonte just stopped looking for his shot in the 2nd after missing a couple. Terry and Dirk were getting force fed alot. Bynum's man was the guy setting the pick. That guy was picked up by guy getting picked aka switch. Our pick n rolls don't have any other movement until real late in the play.

By the way, Delonte is definitely being more calculated in his driving probably because of his lack of confidence due to his injuries. He is just looking for ways to get his jumper off instead of looking ways to get to the rim. Works well for awhile, but when you have a andrew bynum jumping out, you need to be able and willing to attack the basket some of the time. Overall, he has played admirably, but he is obviously not 100%.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #71
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:

Game:
  • Mavs lose to the Lakers 114.45 to 118.69, score a decent amount in transition (25.43), negated paint battle (-26,49)
  • After committing a season-high in TOVs against the #Blazers, they set a new season-low tonight (6.36 P100)
  • This also leads to a new season-high in AST/TOV-ratio at 3.17. Lakers also set a new season-high for opponents (3.38)
  • For the first time this season, the Mavs fail to achieve an AND1 opportinuty in two consecutive games
  • Over the last four, the Mavs found their range, hitting 30-for-65 from deep (46.15%)
  • Lakers take 58 shots in the Paint, convert only 25 (43.10%).
Lineups
  • The starting unit outscored the Lakers by 3.68 on 99.19 Def. That's the third in a row they've outscored the opp
  • Bench units also held their ground (+4.53), scored 49.90 PP100 in Transition (new season-high)
  • Best unit was the starting unit, backcourt with Terry got outscored: West/Terry -7.30 PP100, most-played Jasons -10.53 (131.69 Def)
  • The three guard lineup with Jasons/West, which was also used during OT, was a -36.69 PP100 on 154.11 Def
  • That lineup allowed 80.73 PP100 in the Paint and off FTs and rebounded only 42.86% of the misses (>90 PP100 & 20.00% in OT).
  • C-Watch: In limited minutes, lineups with Wright at C allowed 92.06 PP100 (+7.67 Diff), 61.37 in the Paint and rebounded 50.00% of the misses
  • Unadj +/- to Dirk (+57.06). Effs with him: 116.26 Off - 109.73 Def. Not loved: Wright, Ian, Marion, JET, West
Players
  • Terry leads advanced stuff: PER (25.2), WS48 (0.222). Kidd WP48 (0.398). Wood, Matrix, West with decent games - Dirk, Wright contributed to the loss
  • Dirk was the best rebounder though (19.2%), but shot too inefficient for 38.9% USG. Kidd shot 92.9% TS
  • West 5-for-8 on 16+ 2FG, Dirk 5-for-18 outside 10 feet (2FG)
Rankings & Stuff
Accounting for defense the advanced stuff looks like this: (I explained that here):

Code:
Player			oAdjPER	oAdjWS48	oAdjWP48	oDiffPER	oDiffWS48	oDiffWP48
Brendan Haywood	22.16	0.413		0.352		6.20		0.246		0.089
Jason Kidd			20.37	0.244		0.351		-0.06		0.031		-0.047
Jason Terry			23.35	0.158		0.303		-1.82		-0.064		-0.065
Ian Mahinmi		26.65	0.209		0.285		18.35	0.255		0.430
Vince Carter		16.32	0.288		0.216		6.94		0.195		0.199
Shawn Marion		13.70	0.063		0.188		-0.82		-0.003		-0.016
Delonte West		17.09	0.111		0.054		1.37		0.038		-0.053
Dirk Nowitzki		6.35		-0.164		-0.127		-5.89		-0.023		0.034
Brandan Wright		-25.16	-0.698		-1.314		-24.98	-0.549		-0.918
Haywood gets a nice bump and actually ends up being the best player for tonight. Wright was overwhelmed in limited minutes while Carter and Mahinmi upgrade.

Obviously you can't win with a low efficiency from your star in big games when he attempts 28 FGA (his good rebounding couldn't come up for it). The team shot 32-60 without him and Dirk was way overused, nearly a Kobe-like approach against the Lakers.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #72
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
All you gotta do is look at The Lakers before they had Pau, they were either missing the playoffs or getting destroyed in the first round.

Kobe is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA.

He gets compared to Jordan, who won with bigs like Luke Longley . Kobe has won 3 rings with Prime Shaq and 2 with Gasol/Bynum, 0 otherwise.

Quote:
With the game on the line
Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots. From Alok Pattani of ESPN Stats & Information.

FG%
Carmelo Anthony 47.7
Chris Paul 45.2
Shawn Marion 40
Brandon Roy 40
Hedo Turkoglu 40
Rashard Lewis 39.1
Glenn Robinson 38.9
Deron Williams 38.9
Mike Bibby 15 38.5
Dirk Nowitzki 38.5
Jalen Rose 12 37.5
Tim Duncan 23 37.1
Eddie Jones 13 36.1
Karl Malone 11 35.5
Ben Gordon 17 34.7
Chris Webber 34.6
Raymond Felton 33.3
LeBron James 33.3
Ray Allen 32.9
Gilbert Arenas 32.5
Vince Carter 32.3
Steve Francis 31.8
Damon Stoudamire 31.6
Nick Van Exel 31.4
Kobe Bryant 31.3
Jason Terry 31.1
Allen Iverson 30.9
Kevin Garnett 30.6
Ron Artest 30
Allan Houston 29.3
Entire league 29.7
That's right, since his rookie year Kobe has ranked behind the likes of Eddie Jones Gilbert Arenas and Steve Francis in clutch shots. Clutch my ass. Jet is only .2% behind him, Dirk hits 7.4% more clutch shots than Kobe.

Not to mention Phil Jackson said in his book Kobe gets on all defensive teams each year by reputation and that he's not a good defender.

Kobe Bryant is all hype. Yes he is a great scorer but so was Allen Iverson. Iverson gets hated on by everybody now but he was averaging close to 30ppg for his career. If Iverson had Prime Shaq and Gasol/Bynum he's have 5 rings as well, Even though he had none of them he still took the Sixers to the Finals and at least won Game 1 against Prime Shaq/Kobe, although he was only slightly above league average clutch too just like Kobe. I could put in other players names, if McGrady were in L.A. he'd have the rings. Kobe has just right place right time for his career. If Charlotte never traded him to L.A. it's possible he never gets a single ring and is basically perceived as Vince Carter is today.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-15-2012 at 11:26 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #73
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest concern about this loss is the heavy minutes by the Mavs starters. Jazz are coming up tomorrow night and the Mavs will have some weary legs. Hate to see them lose in OT on the first night of a back-to-back.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #74
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the definition of clutch is skewed. After all, Terry is clutch as all get out. As is Dirk.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #75
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
My biggest concern about this loss is the heavy minutes by the Mavs starters. Jazz are coming up tomorrow night and the Mavs will have some weary legs. Hate to see them lose in OT on the first night of a back-to-back.
We need to lose tomorrow to help us fall out of 6th and avoid the Lakers in round 1.
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #76
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Calm down now
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #77
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Terry played good.He made his shots well.But Terr's final drive was awful.It's not surprise to me because he usually messes up his work in the clutch moments.

it's top loss...

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 04-16-2012 at 01:05 AM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #78
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Pitiful performance from Dirk.

We are one and done in the playoffs, perhaps swept.
If we don't play the Lakers or Thunder in the first round then we'll be fine. But the Lakers are clearly a problem and it seems we will most likely be playing them first....and probably last.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #79
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Gasol made 2, 3 pointer in OT folks, tip your hat and move on!

No need to over analyze anything. We'll see those guys with Kobe soon enough. PS, they play better team ball without Kobe.
How can you consider it "better" ball when they shot less than 40%? The Lakers didn't play all that well today. Gasol and Bynum hit some big shots but they missed ALOT OF shots and Artest had 20 shots. I don't see how anyone can sit here and say they play better basketball without one of the best basketball players in the NBA.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #80
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe just gets pumped up by all the BJ's he gets from the national media.
One of my favorite parts of watching tapes of the 2011 playoffs is all the commentators making excuses for both the Lakers and the Heat. Many went into game 4 against the Lakers predicting they could pull it out.

I think when we play the Lakers, if you look under the desk, half the commentators are wearing Laker cheerleader skirts.