Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Jones is already ahead of the curve at PG vs Roddy. I'm pretty sure that was the case LAST year...probably even in their rookie years. Jones' jumper is getting a little bit better.

Crowder is a beast. I love him.
What's the problem with James BG? I saw you guys wasn't that high on him, and said he's not ready, but then i see the boxscore, and he had a nice double-double in only like, 26 minutes? He was fouling a lot? Or is it his defense? What makes you say he's not ready for a 3rd string role? Didn't see any of those games so far.

Also, if you don't mind, would you tell me about Crowder? My buddy swears he's never gonna be able to play SF in the NBA (i guess he played PF in college) but from what i saw of him, he doesn't look slow, he's athletic, and has a somewhat nice release, i imagine he could knock down those open jumpers occasionally, though i saw he's struggling with it when he's moving.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
What's the problem with James BG? I saw you guys wasn't that high on him, and said he's not ready, but then i see the boxscore, and he had a nice double-double in only like, 26 minutes? He was fouling a lot? Or is it his defense? What makes you say he's not ready for a 3rd string role? Didn't see any of those games so far.

Also, if you don't mind, would you tell me about Crowder? My buddy swears he's never gonna be able to play SF in the NBA (i guess he played PF in college) but from what i saw of him, he doesn't look slow, he's athletic, and has a somewhat nice release, i imagine he could knock down those open jumpers occasionally, though i saw he's struggling with it when he's moving.
James did look better in the second game versus the first game. It just looks like anytime he makes a good play, it gets negated by something that kind of looks like a bball IQ slip up. I guess for the process of being a 3rd stringer, you can handle that, but you have to wonder with the injury ?marks with the guys ahead of him, can you handle that or do you need someone who is a proven commodity?

You're pretty much on with what you've seen or thought with Crowder. I'm going to watch more of Crowder's tendencies on defense in today's game, but it seems like he's got the tools to work as a defensive 3. He'll have limitations to his game, but he's going to maximize his strengths and find ways to make those shine in the time he's on the floor.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
James did look better in the second game versus the first game. It just looks like anytime he makes a good play, it gets negated by something that kind of looks like a bball IQ slip up. I guess for the process of being a 3rd stringer, you can handle that, but you have to wonder with the injury ?marks with the guys ahead of him, can you handle that or do you need someone who is a proven commodity?

You're pretty much on with what you've seen or thought with Crowder. I'm going to watch more of Crowder's tendencies on defense in today's game, but it seems like he's got the tools to work as a defensive 3. He'll have limitations to his game, but he's going to maximize his strengths and find ways to make those shine in the time he's on the floor.
Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I'm more and more optimistic about Crowder chances, hopefully Cunningham will show he has some game as well. He's an elite athlete, those guys can always break out at any time.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote