Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Crowder earned his spot in the rotation. That is what Rick wants from a player. How could anyone hate on that?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #42
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
IOn the other hand, I feel terrible for Roddy. I predicted that after that 1 good game against Cleveland, he'd, and I quote myself..I predict that Roddy will get more minutes, then proceed to either throw up wild shots, turn the ball over a lot, or twist his ankle.

The only thing I got wrong was the ankle...he broke a finger instead.

They called me... Mr. Glass!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #43
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Continue to hit the three? He doesn't hit the three. .324 on 3 attempts per game. Also .383 from the field and .618 from the ft line. I don't get the fascination with this guy.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Collison
An excellent back-up PG that could develop into a serviceable starting PG. I think we have to remember that Collison has never been asked to serve in the floor general role before this year. He has talent but is inconsistent in making good decisions, especially when the game slows down. Below average in running the half court offense. He might develop given more time, but he might not. His below average BBIQ is amplified when he is on the court with Mayo (who has some of these same qualities) at crunch time.

James
He's been around the block more than a few times and has a steadier hand than either DC or Roddy. He's not a good PG but he's less likely to crack under pressure. He tends to take ill advised shots at critical times but he's also made some of those. I think he matches up better physically with certain PGs when compared to either DC or Roddy. The major benefit in playing him is that he compliments Mayo better than DC or Roddy.

Roddy
He's just too fragile. I also don't think he has the mentality of a PG, but is more like JET or Barbosa. I just don't think he fits with an RC offense unless you play him at SG. But he is too small and weak to play SG, so what do you do with him? I think he is a good end of the bench player that can come in and provide some energy and scoring once in awhile but not consistently.

Carlisle
If we look at the performance of this team since February 1, they are 13-8. If the Mavs continue on this clip for the remainder of the season (9-6 in the last 15 games) they end up 41-41. Remember they were 10 games below .500 at one point in the season. In my opinion, if you can play the last two months winning 60% of your games then you have done a pretty darn good job as coach. The early/mid season failures were largely due to being Dirkless and a lack of team chemistry that eventually began to develop. In fact, I think you could argue that an above average PG would allow this team to play competitive basketball in the playoffs (e.g. take two or three games in their first round matchup). Add a legitimate center and you have a team no one wants to play in the postseason.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Collison
An excellent back-up PG that could develop into a serviceable starting PG. I think we have to remember that Collison has never been asked to serve in the floor general role before this year. He has talent but is inconsistent in making good decisions, especially when the game slows down. Below average in running the half court offense. He might develop given more time, but he might not. His below average BBIQ is amplified when he is on the court with Mayo (who has some of these same qualities) at crunch time.
Huh? He started for nearly two seasons with Indiana as their starting pg. What else describes a "floor general?"

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Huh? He started for nearly two seasons with Indiana as their starting pg. What else describes a "floor general?"

Mutton chops. A sweet uniform... oh, oh, Floor general. n/m.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

^Well I sure as hell wouldn't want Burnside running my team after screwing up Fredericksburg.

I will say that Collison leads in team in ridiculous end of the buzzer heaves that shouldn't go in.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #48
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Being able to run/lead the offense in the half-court. Distributing the ball to your scorers. Controlling the spacing of your team on offense and defense. It's being a coach on the court and leading the team. Collison did not play that role at Indiana even though he started most of the time. I think when Dirk is your best player it is very important to have a PG that can serve these functions because it is extremely difficult for him to lead as the PF. Kidd, Nash, Paul, Rondo, maybe Calderon are examples. I'm sure there are others, but not all PGs fit in this mold.

Last edited by purplefrog; 03-19-2013 at 06:01 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #49
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A guy that can actually run an offense.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #50
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
No one gives a crap about scrub ass Roddy or his supposed mismanaging. He's had 4 seasons now and it always ends up with the same ending. Good game, good game, hurt misses 15 games, comes back and doesn't show up in a game for two Weeks, good game, hurt again...
DGM sure quieted down about Roddy when he broke his hand while writing a letter.
I predicted this before the newest injury.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #51
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Your post is stupid. Guy is injured. Nothing to say about him playing basketball until he recovers and is actually available to play.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myroddybucketisfull