Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #321
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
He's going to be #20 next season. I was hoping he'd get his old number back but to no avail.
nuuuuuuuu
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #322
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I doubt it. Pretty sure Blair would rank ahead of Sarge on the depth chart. And actually, I think the Mavs can carry more than 15 players into training camp and the preseason, so there's always the possibility that they could just shoot right past 15 and then wait to decide whether to sort it out with a release or a trade once they see how everyone looks in camp and how the various rehabbing players are progressing.
Only players eligible for trade currently or Marion, Carter, and Crowder. So really, unless you're giving Crowder up for cash and/or future pick, we've got really nothing which will work. Next month Ledo and Larkin would be available. But you really want to gamble your future prospects on Oden? The Blair signing to me indicated the Mavs were out of the running.

Quote:
Blair's deal is done. And I seriously doubt the Mavs are still actively pursuing Oden. We were the only team out of the original six in the running that didn't attend his most recent workout. I think we passed on the opportunity to negotiate with him after we signed Wayne, to be honest.
The ESPN article posted today says Dallas, SA, and Miami are in the front running and claims each have put forth an offer. I'm thinking Oden's agent is trying desperately to get SA or Miami to commit more years/money by including Dallas in there. I'm pretty sure we're out of that race.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #323
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Only players eligible for trade currently or Marion, Carter, and Crowder. So really, unless you're giving Crowder up for cash and/or future pick, we've got really nothing which will work. Next month Ledo and Larkin would be available. But you really want to gamble your future prospects on Oden? The Blair signing to me indicated the Mavs were out of the running.
As of right now there still isn't any Blair signing. Beyond that, I think you missed the point of my post, which is that, at least as far as I understand the rules about offseason rosters, there's no reason Dallas can't make moves that put them over 15 players and then give themselves some time to sort things out. As you yourself noted, they do, and will, have options for clearing roster spots.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 08-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #324
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As of right now there still isn't any Blair signing. Beyond that, I think you missed the point of my post, which is that, at least as far as I understand the rules about offseason rosters, there's no reason Dallas can't make moves that put them over 15 players and then give themselves some time to sort things out. As you yourself noted, they do, and will, have options for clearing roster spots.
Just tweeted about it: You can go as high as 20 players during the summer and mainly use "make-good" contracts with players. Doesn't really pertain to Oden, but they certainly have wiggle room.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #325
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They can absolutely exceed the 15 limit during preseason. You have to admit the Blair "agreement" out of nowhere kinda looks like we were out of the running for Oden or that Cubes and crew didn't really see him worth waiting for. We could of course cut Blair, making his contract look more like insurance if Oden came on board. But I don't see them cutting/trading anyone else on the roster to make room for him.

The clues dropped in stories are that the only reason its taking so long is he's trying to get a more than 1 year deal but no one is willing to take that gamble. the more his agent baits that its still up in the air between a few teams, the greater the chance a team offers a second year. I really think Dallas is just being thrown around as a bargaining chip at this point.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #326
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They can absolutely exceed the 15 limit during preseason. You have to admit the Blair "agreement" out of nowhere kinda looks like we were out of the running for Oden or that Cubes and crew didn't really see him worth waiting for. We could of course cut Blair, making his contract look more like insurance if Oden came on board. But I don't see them cutting/trading anyone else on the roster to make room for him.
Except that they easily could, like Bernard James.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #327
Dirk's Knee

Here we go. Perhaps we're negotiating with Blair and Oden under these terms. Let them battle it out?

Quote:
What is a summer contract?

A summer contract is typically used for training camp invites, because the player's salary is not included in team salary until the first day of the regular season. In other words, it is a "make-good" contract -- the player must make the team's opening day roster in order to receive his salary and for his contract to be included in team salary.

If the player is a veteran free agent who last played for that team, the contract must be for one season at the minimum salary (see question number 16). In all other cases there are no special limits to the salary or number of years -- a team could theoretically sign a player to a summer contract for four seasons at the maximum salary. However, summer contracts frequently utilize Exhibit 9 of the Uniform Player Contract, which adds further limitations (see below).

A summer contract can be signed from the first day after the July Moratorium (see question number 102) to the last day before the regular season. To avoid counting as team salary, the player must clear waivers prior to the first day of the regular season. To qualify as a summer contract no compensation of any kind can be earned or paid prior to the start of the regular season. The salary cannot be guaranteed or insured. However, the player may receive per diem, lodging and transportation expenses, and disability insurance covering summer leagues and training camp.

A summer contract does not need to utilize Exhibit 9 of the Uniform Player Contract (One Season, Non-Guaranteed Training Camp Contracts), but doing so limits the team's liability in the event the player becomes injured. If a player with an Exhibit 9 becomes injured and unable to play basketball prior to the team's first regular season game and the injury is a direct result of playing basketball for the team, then the team pays the player $6,000 when it waives him. This is in lieu of the rule for ordinary contracts guaranteeing the salary of an injured player until he is ready to play again or until the end of that season, whichever comes first (see question number 62). If Exhibit 9 is used, the contract must be for one season at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind.

A team cannot sign a player using Exhibit 9 unless it has at least 14 players on its roster, not including summer contracts.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #328
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Here we go. Perhaps we're negotiating with Blair and Oden under these terms. Let them battle it out?
Why would either of them work on a make-good deal when there are clear offers from other teams for guaranteed deals?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #329
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Except that they easily could, like Bernard James.
I know James will never be a superstar. But your going to gamble a guaranteed big on your roster? Despite his rebounding abilities, Blair is undersized at center. I would see him more backing Dirk and Wright playing C. But with Oden on board you have a solid 3 man C rotation and Wright can play backup for Dirk. I'd likely keep Sarge over Blair, but perhaps you have some insider knowledge...
Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #330
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Why would either of them work on a make-good deal when there are clear offers from other teams for guaranteed deals?
Have you seen the deals? Just looking at the options. I'd be happy to be wrong...

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 08-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #331
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I know James will never be a superstar. But your going to gamble a guaranteed big on your roster? Despite his rebounding abilities, Blair is undersized at center. I would see him more backing Dirk and Wright playing C. But with Oden on board you have a solid 3 man C rotation and Wright can play backup for Dirk. I'd likely keep Sarge over Blair, but perhaps you have some insider knowledge...
It's different circumstances, but they've already shown that James is expendable. If that's the case, it can easily be the case again.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #332
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I doubt there's a single NBA team that would keep Sarge over Blair.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #333
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
It's different circumstances, but they've already shown that James is expendable. If that's the case, it can easily be the case again.
Quote:
Perhaps that 7 block game has clouded my overall judgement of James. For whatever reason, I like the guy and was looking forward to seeing him suit up again.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #334
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Logic seems to dictate the value of Sarge, at least.

- No one was willing to give him a look as a first-round pick
- People got mad that the Mavs didn't at least "try" to get a second-round pick for James before waiving him.
- He didn't get claimed, so that would seem to indicate that with EVERYONE able to pick him up, no one wanted to claim him (thus showing that even if the Mavs tried to get a second-round pick, no one was biting).
Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #335
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Perhaps that 7 block game has clouded my overall judgement of James. For whatever reason, I like the guy and was looking forward to seeing him suit up again.
Oh, I like him too. I was glad he didn't get claimed by another team when they waived him, I was glad to see him re-sign, and I'd be happy to see him stick. But there are clearly limits to his value, and there are clearly circumstances under which he's waive-able.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #336
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I got this feeling we can pull it off landing Oden.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #337
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Blair, Sarge, whatever - if we somehow got Oden, then either of them are expendable.

It's not like we're any less of a contender if Oden's health doesn't pan out, since neither Blair, nor Sarge, are putting us over the top anyway.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-02-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #338
Dirk's Knee

I just don't see the Oden thing here. Of the 3 teams ESPN projected, Miami has their full Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception available to spend, up to ~$3.2 mil. He'd be looking at min deals in both San Antonio and Dallas. The only way I see him landing anywhere but Miami, is if someone offers an extra year (IMHO what he's holding out for) and I think the risk is just too great. SA has on open roster spot (their 1st round pick contract is non-guaranteed). I really, really don't think Dallas is still in the game. But again, love to be proven wrong...
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #339
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Logic seems to dictate the value of Sarge, at least.

- No one was willing to give him a look as a first-round pick
- People got mad that the Mavs didn't at least "try" to get a second-round pick for James before waiving him.
- He didn't get claimed, so that would seem to indicate that with EVERYONE able to pick him up, no one wanted to claim him (thus showing that even if the Mavs tried to get a second-round pick, no one was biting).

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #340
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

What a puss if he goes to Miami. Turned into the yankess

Rumor on twitter that its down to heat and pelicans now lol

Last edited by Melonhead; 08-02-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #341
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ummmmm, I do NOT trust this source, but: The Mavericks reportedly beat out the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings and the Atlanta Hawks for Oden's services. They cite Yahoo! Sports, but I see nothing on their website.

No word from any legit sources yet...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #342
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Supposedly Miami is making a late push with a 6:45 ....guessing east coast phone call?, that was 45 minutes ago:

http://sulia.com/channel/miami-heat/...source=twitter
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #343
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ummmmm, I do NOT trust this source, but: The Mavericks reportedly beat out the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings and the Atlanta Hawks for Oden's services. They cite Yahoo! Sports, but I see nothing on their website.

No word from any legit sources yet...
Oden must have stumbled across purplefrog's Raising Canes proposal and rushed to sign before it was altered.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #344
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be thrilled to add a low-risk, high-reward kind of guy like Greg, but if we do it, I hope we add him with the idea that we're only counting on him to be our third-string center. That way, we can be pleasantly surprised if he outplays Sarge/Wright and earns backup minutes. The alternative is signing him and really counting on him to be our day one backup center and having to regroup on the fly if he doesn't work out.

(Note: There's probably a much more eloquent way to phrase that... I hope I got the point across one way or the other though.)
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #345
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'd be thrilled to add a low-risk, high-reward kind of guy like Greg, but if we do it, I hope we add him with the idea that we're only counting on him to be our third-string center. That way, we can be pleasantly surprised if he outplays Sarge/Wright and earns backup minutes. The alternative is signing him and really counting on him to be our day one backup center and having to regroup on the fly if he doesn't work out.

(Note: There's probably a much more eloquent way to phrase that... I hope I got the point across one way or the other though.)
Well with the bodies now, you pretty much have to think Oden is 3rd on the depth chart going into TC.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #346
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Probably b.s. but

Sean Cunningham @News10Sean 2 hours ago
Twice heard the Dallas Mavs were leader to land Greg Oden
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #347
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
Probably b.s. but

Sean Cunningham @News10Sean 2 hours ago
Twice heard the Dallas Mavs were leader to land Greg Oden
Interesting, maybe that's why Miami is making a late push with a phone call earlier.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #348
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

This could be an awesome move to try by Gersson Rosas if we sign Oden.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #349
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Chris Tomasson @christomasson about 7 minutes ago
Update (or lack of one): Greg Oden's agent, Mike Conley Sr., tells me at 8:20 p.m. EDT Oden still hasn't decided on a team.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #350
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

So he thinks he have the right to make it like like LeBron and his decision? He hasn't done anything worthy in the last 3 years or so. Just pick a team and hope your knees hold up...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #351
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
So he thinks he have the right to make it like like LeBron and his decision? He hasn't done anything worthy in the last 3 years or so. Just pick a team and hope your knees hold up...
I don't think he's really manufacturing any of the hype, especially when you consider that the teams he's had dialogue with have mostly been the ones with little or no cap space to sign him. He isn't sending out press releases or having his agent talk with reporters or anything... he's just the most interesting free agent left so he's getting a lot of the attention. I don't mind him taking his time in making a decision, and I don't think he's being a drama queen about it or anything like that.

That said, f'em if he doesn't sign with the Mavs. A moderate f'em because I don't think he's going to be an impact player ever again.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #352
yahyes
Banned

It's the heat... Meh.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #353
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't think he's really manufacturing any of the hype, especially when you consider that the teams he's had dialogue with have mostly been the ones with little or no cap space to sign him. He isn't sending out press releases or having his agent talk with reporters or anything... he's just the most interesting free agent left so he's getting a lot of the attention. I don't mind him taking his time in making a decision, and I don't think he's being a drama queen about it or anything like that.

That said, f'em if he doesn't sign with the Mavs. A moderate f'em because I don't think he's going to be an impact player ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
It's the heat... Meh.

F'em.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #354
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
It's the heat... Meh.
Now he can Dojo his way to a ring...except Dojo was at least healthy.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #355
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

F--k Miami.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #356
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

These guys are so predictable sometimes. If it's not about the money it's always about rings. I mean he could get decent minutes bc Miami's worst spot has always been C, but c'mon. It's not the most reasonable choice. Not saying that would have been the Mavs, but definitely not the Heat.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #357
DoYouEvenLift

They didn't even have to use their MLE. League min 2 year deal 2nd year is player option. I wonder if he was leaning towards Dallas then when Miami called they upped to the 2nd year and it closed the deal?

I believe that also means they can still use their MLE to get another decent player unless the roster is full. Sickening.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 08-02-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #358
yahyes
Banned

All good though. Oden probably chose it based on somewhere to party, instead of actually playing. Mavs still have a list of big guys to work with who's legs aren't made of straw.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #359
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm beginning to hate the Heat more than I hate the Spurs and Lakers...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #360
Underdog

Oden and LeBron on the same team is going to be damn confusing to watch...

Tags
dalemsquirt, marion for asik