Blair 0 0%
Crowder 1 3.85%
Carter 0 0%
Other 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #81
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgal View Post
Btw you gotta listen to the Wolves radio announcers reaction to the non-call. It's hilarious (start listening at about 0.15 sec):

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...g-no-call.html
This is amazing. "Brutal", "No Ed Molloy!!!" Lol'd

Last edited by mac222b; 12-31-2013 at 09:06 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #82
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
This is amazing. "Brutal", "No Ed Molloy!!!" Lol'd
this guy is an f idiot.Shut the f up and come down .Mavs won !

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Just watched it a second time and note the amount of time they say the following:

"Unbelievable" x5
"Terrible refereeing" x1
"That is criminal" x1

Homers much?
Nba says they were right. So who are the real homers?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Absolutely ridiculous that the NBA acknowledges missing that foul call of all calls.

When will they acknowledge the phantom fouls in Finals '06 then? I mean, that was only a championship on the line versus this being a mid-season, regular season game.
Why is it ridiculous. They should acknowledge blown calls and let their customers know it is not just fixed as hell.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-01-2014, 02:29 AM   #85
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Look at the replay in slow motion starting at around the 43 second mark in this video. Marion gets a piece of his hand. The incidental contact rule states that if the player gets a piece of the ball and the hand that the foul shouldn't be called.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ideo/#comments

From that angle, which is exactly the refs angle, it looks like Marion just gets a piece of Love's hand...not his wrist or arm.
You're exactly right, from the 43 second mark it's clearly not a foul. Thanks for posting this... not sure how how anyone can disagree with the no call after the watching that. Pretty obvious, in my opinion, if you watch at the 43 second mark.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Why is it ridiculous. They should acknowledge blown calls and let their customers know it is not just fixed as hell.
Like Kg said, what about the obvious moving screen that Pek did to free up Love in the first place? That seemed way more obvious than Marion's supposed foul yet moving screens happen all the time. IMO, it will just become a pick and choose affair. I'd love to see a day when they just put out a spreadsheet to all of the missed calls. But I really don't think that is going to happen, and the pick and choose affair can cause more problems than it solves. The big deal that the league has made out of this is absolutely ridiculous. Not only was it not blatant (I've watched it in it's slowest motion 20+ times and see hand contact but no wrist or arm), but now you add fuel those who will blame the refs with every loss.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #87
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's ridiculous because if you look at the 43 second mark of the video that was posted, you'll see that they actually made the correct call. I'll be here waiting if you want to dispute that.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #88
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
It's ridiculous because if you look at the 43 second mark of the video that was posted, you'll see that they actually made the correct call. I'll be here waiting if you want to dispute that.
Nba after super slo mo and potentially angles and interviews that you do not have access to from very experienced folks say you are wrong. So you are saying the nba cannot make a correct call at all or they are just lying.

Sorry...methinks you are wrong. And even if somehow you had magic reffing powers that no one else had ( which sounds like the case ), if they thought they were wrong then why shouldn't they admit it?

Nba site.. Second slo mo sure looks like a foul to me.
http://www.nba.com/official/

Last edited by dude1394; 01-01-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #89
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nba says they were right. So who are the real homers?
I'm sure this felt like a snappy jibe in the moment, but what he league office says has literally NOTHING to do with my comment regarding the professionalism of the Timberwolves announcers.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #90
Popeye

Quote:
Nba after super slo mo and potentially angles and interviews that you do not have access to from very experienced folks say you are wrong. So you are saying the nba cannot make a correct call at all or they are just lying.

Sorry...methinks you are wrong. And even if somehow you had magic reffing powers that no one else had ( which sounds like the case ), if they thought they were wrong then why shouldn't they admit it?

Sorry, I guess we just see it differently. Anyway, I was annoyed at the NBA admission that they got the call wrong got so much play and I had to see across my screen all night, but at the day of the it doesn't matter. Glad the Mavs got the call, hopefully they can get about 13 wins in January.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #91
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is exactly it. If it took super slo mo and multiple angles and replays then maybe it isnt the type of "blown call" that is worth calling out and making a huge fuss about. In real time they thought it was a clean strip. So did I and many others here. The TWolves radio announcer who goes ballistic only does so after seeing the replay. Both refs actually had a tough angle to see it. They were shielded.

I just dont see this as 100% incontrovertible. This isnt Don Denkinger in the '85 World Series or Kobe hitting Bibby with an elbow and the refs calling a foul on Bibby. I think the very worst egregious mistakes are seen by most of the arena in real time and only those should be singled out. When the ref "choked", as it were. In this instance you cant fault the refs for not having phantom cam vantage point in real time!

Last edited by mac222b; 01-01-2014 at 04:02 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #92
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm sure this felt like a snappy jibe in the moment, but what he league office says has literally NOTHING to do with my comment regarding the professionalism of the Timberwolves announcers.
The announcers would say scoreboard. If they were homers then surely the Mavs fans are every bit as much, and wrong.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

I have waffled three times on this. First thought it was a foul, then not and now believe the nba. Tough call and tbh I thought the refs were pretty studly not making the easy one.