Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I've watched the first 3-4 episodes of Bloodline. That is very, very good.. Kyle Chandler is phenomenal as always. He's starting to put together a very nice resume...
I was avoiding this one, but I finally gave it a try because of Coach Taylor. If you haven't finished the season, you will not be disappointed. Probably the strongest Netflix original to date.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I was avoiding this one, but I finally gave it a try because of Coach Taylor. If you haven't finished the season, you will not be disappointed. Probably the strongest Netflix original to date.
It's already out? Didn't look interesting at all when I was sorting though the pilots. Didn't even watch. figured they would all take 10-18 months to get them all out.

I'm still waiting for my PKD fix with Man in the High Castle. That pilot was amazing and I read all of the PKD books in college.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's already out? Didn't look interesting at all when I was sorting though the pilots. Didn't even watch. figured they would all take 10-18 months to get them all out.

I'm still waiting for my PKD fix with Man in the High Castle. That pilot was amazing and I read all of the PKD books in college.
Bloodline is Netflix. Don't think they did the same thing with this show as Amazon is doing with their pilots. It has Sissy Spacek in it, so I assume they commited to the show up front.

I agree about Man in the High Castle. I think it was the only Amazon pilot I watched, and it was really good. I haven't read the book, so it really hurt when the pilot ended and I knew I would have to wait to see what happens next. I have become pathetically addicted to binge watching. I hate waiting a week now.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bloodline is Netflix. Don't think they did the same thing with this show as Amazon is doing with their pilots. It has Sissy Spacek in it, so I assume they commited to the show up front.

I agree about Man in the High Castle. I think it was the only Amazon pilot I watched, and it was really good. I haven't read the book, so it really hurt when the pilot ended and I knew I would have to wait to see what happens next. I have become pathetically addicted to binge watching. I hate waiting a week now.
Oops, I must have confused it with Mad Dogs or one of the other pilots.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not rare for me to catch myself checking my phone or something during most TV shows.. I did so many, many times during the season 5 premier of Game of Thrones.. but not during Bloodline. It is riveting television.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
It's not rare for me to catch myself checking my phone or something during most TV shows.. I did so many, many times during the season 5 premier of Game of Thrones.. but not during Bloodline. It is riveting television.
My fear is it will only last two seasons. There is a lot of resolution at the end of the first. You can see where they will go with the second, but anything after might end up a bit forced, like the latest season of House of Cards.