Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #121
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Actually, Spurs-Pelicans game can be an interesting one. While I don't think Spurs willingly will throw their game away, they do have a chance to say who Warriors meet in the playoffs. In my view Pelicans would give harder time to Warriors than OKC right now.

If Spurs would have a chance to match up against Portland in the playoffs with losing to Pelicans, they probably would consider it.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #122
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Actually, Spurs-Pelicans game can be an interesting one. While I don't think Spurs willingly will throw their game away, they do have a chance to say who Warriors meet in the playoffs. In my view Pelicans would give harder time to Warriors than OKC right now.

If Spurs would have a chance to match up against Portland in the playoffs with losing to Pelicans, they probably would consider it.
Certainly not. Even if NO can give a harder time to the Warriors than OKC, it means that the Spurs (assuming they beat Portland) would meet the Warriors in the second round. It doesn't matter much to the Spurs if NO can give GSW a 4, 5 or even a 6-game series with Anthony David being red hot right now (a 7-game series is highly unlikely). You want to avoid your strongest opponent as long as possible to save energy. SA is for sure not afraid of GSW, but you can be sure they prefer to play them in the WCF instead of the WCSF. I rather think you just hope the Spurs share your thoughts only to have our Mavs not playing SA in the first round

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-14-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #123
ReplayCenterInSecaucus

ReplayCenterInSecaucus is a jewel in the roughReplayCenterInSecaucus is a jewel in the roughReplayCenterInSecaucus is a jewel in the roughReplayCenterInSecaucus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm guessing most Mavs fans will be watching that game (if televised) instead of the Portland/Mavs game...at least I will be.
I'll have them both up and going. grabs popcorn and inserts "This Gon Be Good" Gif into thread
ReplayCenterInSecaucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:42 AM   #124
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Certainly not. Even if NO can give a harder time to the Warriors than OKC, it means that the Spurs (assuming they beat Portland) would meet the Warriors in the second round. It doesn't matter much to the Spurs if NO can give GSW a 4, 5 or even a 6-game series with Anthony David being red hot right now (a 7-game series is highly unlikely). You want to avoid your strongest opponent as long as possible to save energy. SA is for sure not afraid of GSW, but you can be sure they prefer to play them in the WCF instead of the WCSF. I rather think you just hope the Spurs share your thoughts only to have our Mavs not playing SA in the first round
Actually, I'd take harder game in the 2nd round and easier for WCSF to have players well ready for finals.

I was actually going by your example
#1 GSW #8 NOP
#2 HOU #7 DAL
#3 LAC #6 SAS
#4 POR #5 MEM

With this Spurs won't meet Warriors in 2nd round. It would be GSW against POR/MEM. With this, Spurs would meet HOU or DAL in 2nd round.

If the Spurs win against Pelicans, they make it easier for GSW who will meet OKC in 1st round and POR/HOU in 2nd round. Quite an easy road to WCSF don't you think? Compared to Spurs who would still have to meet MEM or LAC.

I don't have anything against playing Spurs, I'm actually looking forward to it. I'd prefer Rockets-Mavs rivalry but Spurs will be interesting to watch. Last year Blair had personal vendetta against the Spurs and perhaps this year Jefferson will put up great numbers.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:29 AM   #125
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Actually, I'd take harder game in the 2nd round and easier for WCSF to have players well ready for finals.

I was actually going by your example
#1 GSW #8 NOP
#2 HOU #7 DAL
#3 LAC #6 SAS
#4 POR #5 MEM

With this Spurs won't meet Warriors in 2nd round. It would be GSW against POR/MEM. With this, Spurs would meet HOU or DAL in 2nd round.

If the Spurs win against Pelicans, they make it easier for GSW who will meet OKC in 1st round and POR/HOU in 2nd round. Quite an easy road to WCSF don't you think? Compared to Spurs who would still have to meet MEM or LAC.

I don't have anything against playing Spurs, I'm actually looking forward to it. I'd prefer Rockets-Mavs rivalry but Spurs will be interesting to watch. Last year Blair had personal vendetta against the Spurs and perhaps this year Jefferson will put up great numbers.
Yes, but this only works out if also Houston wins tonight and SA loses. Yes, then, as I wrote earlier, SA will finish #6. However, that would mean they would forfeit HCA until the WCF. I can't imagine doing that, no matter which team you will face until then. I get your point, but I think SA prefers to get HCA until the WCF and I think they don't care if GSW gets some easy path at the same time.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-15-2015 at 05:31 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #126
Thebo

And thats the problem I see with Spurs also, they'd lose too many spots. Plus they have a nice unbeatable streak going on.

I'm more pissed about how NBA doesn't care about rules when it comes to business decisions. Apparently they won't suspend players during regular season but will in postseason.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #127
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't really sure where to put this:

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

Devin Harris has turf toe in left big toe. Says it's black and blue, got shot yesterday. "Should be fine" for Game 1. 12m
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #128
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs obviously tanking to avoid Mavs in the first round.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #129
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Spurs obviously tanking to avoid Mavs in the first round.
I think the Spurs probably would rather play the Blazers than anyone. I can't see the Blazers getting out of the first round unless they play the Rockets again
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote