Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #1041
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
Just figured out since we're over the cap Seth Curry got our room MLE right? So we have nothing? (BAE?)
Curry is getting the MLE, pretty sure we sacrificed our BAE somewhere in the process of re-signing Dirk (can't find a link though...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #1042
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
If you're going to sign anyone to sit on the pine and waive a towel I'd rather it be a young guy we can groom to hopefully contribute next year and beyond.

Even JET agrees with you...

Quote:
“It would be a great option for me, No. 1 for my family (since) our home base is in Dallas,” Terry said. “I understand from all things I’ve heard that the Mavericks are going young and so I’m 38 and I don’t fit that bill.”

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2016 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #1043
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize JET isn't a good fit on this team right now. He would be too redundant with veterans like Harris and Barea still on the roster.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 PM   #1044
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Anyhow, we have to see them play, but overall, I'm amazed at how the MBT recovered after how bleak it looked shortly after free agency began. I kind of wonder what would have happened if they didn't have the good fortune of Durant choosing to go to GS. Would we still be agonizing over the departure of Parsons? With the MBT's track record, I bet they would have pulled off a trade of some sort to appease us someway. I'm excited to see if Seth can carry over the momentum from the end of last season going forward. The Mavs need a couple guys that can create their own shot, and from what I've read about Seth, he seems to fit the mold.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #1045
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If we're paring down to roster spots 14 and 15, I'd much rather give a guy like Brandon Ashley a three-year partially guaranteed deal than rehashing Charlie again. He was a genuine surprise two years ago and a good soldier last year, but I don't really see what value he adds this year with the big commitment the team has made to Powell.

Ashley has pretty good potential as a shooter and was a standout rebounder on the Legends last season... I'd rather see if he can be molded into a rotation player.

I also like Jordan Adams on paper. Not too familiar with his game, but he looks to be a walking, talking triple double waiting to happen.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #1046
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Deron/JJ

Wes/Curry/Harris

Barnes/Anderson

Dirk/Barnes/Powell

Bogut/Mejri/Hammons

Im kind of worried that Anderson/Powell wont get their minutes and RC will cling to Matthews for 47 minutes each game next season.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:38 AM   #1047
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Deron/JJ

Wes/Curry/Harris

Barnes/Anderson

Dirk/Barnes/Powell

Bogut/Mejri/Hammons

Im kind of worried that Anderson/Powell wont get their minutes and RC will cling to Matthews for 47 minutes each game next season.

I understand the worry due to his history with young guys, but Imo RC can't afford to not give Anderson consistent minutes this year. It's painfully obvious he deserves it and with Barnes being able to get PF minutes he can get time at SF. Powell can get minutes at PF and Center with Zaza gone leaving only Mejri and Hammons.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #1048
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If we're paring down to roster spots 14 and 15, I'd much rather give a guy like Brandon Ashley a three-year partially guaranteed deal than rehashing Charlie again. He was a genuine surprise two years ago and a good soldier last year, but I don't really see what value he adds this year with the big commitment the team has made to Powell.

Ashley has pretty good potential as a shooter and was a standout rebounder on the Legends last season... I'd rather see if he can be molded into a rotation player.
I'm on board with Brandon Ashley. He doesn't stand out to me but he just seems like a guy who will be where you need him to be and contribute someway, somehow.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #1049
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I heard this morning on the radio that Dirk is being rewarded for his sacrifices in pursuit of another title with a 2 year $40 million contract. I'm quite pleased that the front office took care of him.
Rewarded for his sacrifices, or the FO apologizing that they didn't get much done with the extra money he provided them? It would be interesting to find out if this was an offer the FO put out there, or if it was the proposal Dirk put on the table. I could easily see him thinking that he got basically nothing for the money he left on the table, so he might as well take it back.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #1050
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Evans traded away with enough cash to pay his salary. NBD
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #1051
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yepp, they are making space to sign Jason Thompson and Gerald Green...the missing piece for the Dallas Warriors

Last edited by sefant77; 07-06-2016 at 12:12 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #1052
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Deron/JJ

Wes/Curry/Harris

Barnes/Anderson

Dirk/Barnes/Powell

Bogut/Mejri/Hammons

I think Anderson will be a big part of the regular rotation but I'm still wondering about Powell. Barnes will get most of the backup minutes at PF if Rick stays consistent with the past (e.g. Marion, Parsons) and we seem to be in pretty good shape and deep at center.

I've wondered since the signing of Lee last season and emergence of Mejri where Powell really fits on this team. I'm guessing they expect him to replace Lee but when Parsons was healthy even Lee moved to center. Do we really want a heavy dose of Powell at center when we have Bogut, Mejri and hopefully a productive Hammons?

It will be interesting how Rick figures out a rotation that will work but wouldn't surprise me if Powell/Anderson become another Wright/Crowder situation if we show any signs of success early but struggle offensively.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #1053
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs might bring back...

RODDY B?!

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...roddy-beaubois

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #1054
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

DO IT MBT

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #1055
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Fish trying to sell soon the rest of his Free Roddy shirts
Old 07-06-2016, 12:43 PM   #1056
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Macmahon reporting this as well

@espn_macmahon
Former Mavs first-round pick Rodrigue Beaubois will get legitimate consideration for one of the team's remaining... http://es.pn/29uzjAh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #1057
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Macmahon reporting this as well

@espn_macmahon
Former Mavs first-round pick Rodrigue Beaubois will get legitimate consideration for one of the team's remaining... http://es.pn/29uzjAh
I wonder what's changed. Did he grow? Can he shoot now?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #1058
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

For the veteran minimum, Roddy would be a low risk/high reward signing, provided that Carlisle doesn't try to play him at the PG spot. He has a 6'10 wingspan, put him in a scoring role and let him do his thing.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #1059
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Roddy B GOAT, was once untradeable unless it was for Lebron.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #1060
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Deron/Harris/JJB
Wes/Curry/Roddy
Barnes/JA
Dirk/Barnes/Powell
Bogut/Powell/Meijri/Hammons

Let's do it.

Bogut will probably miss 20 games, as will Devin. Deron probably 15. Dirk will sit 5-10.

Plenty of burn to go around.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #1061
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I think with all the guards we have, Harris might be moved. He is not the best option at PG and with Curry coming on and times even Anderson being able to play some SG as well as other, I think we will look to move at least one of our guards.

With the way Felton played last year, I think he would be a bigger asset then Harris. I want to say bigger than JJ as well, but JJ is so good with the pick and roll and with Dirk.

Last edited by AO41; 07-06-2016 at 01:18 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #1062
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I think with all the guards we have, Harris might be moved. He is not the best option at PG and with Curry coming on and times even Anderson being able to play some SG as well as other, I think we will look to move at least one of our guards.

With the way Felton played last year, I think he would be a bigger asset then Harris. I want to say bigger than JJ as well, but JJ is so good with the pick and roll and with Dirk.
People suggesting we trade Harris crack me up. He is literally the only pg on the roster that can play defense at his position. You aren't just giving up that willy nilly in a league full of elite guards that need to be slowed down.

And Harris isn't even the elite defender he once was, but he is still light years ahead of the other pgs on the roster. No player is better at drawing charges than Harris.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #1063
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
People suggesting we trade Harris crack me up. He is literally the only pg on the roster that can play defense at his position. You aren't just giving up that willy nilly in a league full of elite guards that need to be slowed down.

And Harris isn't even the elite defender he once was, but he is still light years ahead of the other pgs on the roster. No player is better at drawing charges than Harris.
Agreed 100%

Last edited by FromDownTown!; 07-06-2016 at 02:07 PM.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #1064
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Still some interesting forward centers to look at adding like Jordan Hill or James Johnson.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #1065
Underdog

Quote:

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to D-Will's defense?? Dude used to be one of the better defensive PGs in the league, now he looks like he isn't even trying.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #1066
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Speaking of which, what the hell happened to D-Will's defense?? Dude used to be one of the better defensive PGs in the league, now he looks like he isn't even trying.
Was he? I always heard he was mediocre even in his heyday, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #1067
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we could move one of our guards, but they all have a little bit that we need. Harris defense alone keeps him on the team, and with the new cap, you have to keep a guy like that. Plus hes a fan fav. Lot of minutes to be spread around though.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #1068
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Roddy B this past year in euro league

I would say he can be just a perimeter shooter on our bench to have in case. For right now. But health.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-06-2016 at 04:25 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #1069
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

According to NBA Miner charges and offensive fouls drawn break down as such:

Devin- charges drawn 12, offensive fouls drawn 30

Deron- charges drawn 11, offensive fouls drawn 25

Barea- charges drawn 1, offensive fouls drawn 35

Not sure how reliable the numbers are. Ersan Ilyasova and Demarcus Cousins were the top two charge drawers.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #1070
sefant77
Guru

Easy gamble with Roddy for roster spot #15
Old 07-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #1071
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Roddy?! Seriously? Id rather gamble on a rookie from SL
Old 07-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #1072
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I see Harris as being at least as valuable Barea, if not more so. I like his ability to build chemistry with pick and roll/rim-running bench bigs and think he's really effective as a change of pace defensive guard off of the bench. If he's our #1 backup at point guard we might be in a little trouble, but if/when Deron or Barea have their annual injury spells, Devin is a really nice security blanket to have.

Quote:
I wish we could move one of our guards, but they all have a little bit that we need. Harris defense alone keeps him on the team, and with the new cap, you have to keep a guy like that. Plus hes a fan fav. Lot of minutes to be spread around though.
This shouldn't be overlooked, either. Against a $94M salary cap, Harris and Barea combine to make about $8.5M. That's extremely good value for what they bring. I would expect both guys to make at least $3-4M more per season apiece if they were free agents right now, or especially next year. Even if there isn't a big 82-game need for either guy, at their comparatively low salaries it doesn't make much sense to trade them away unless you're making a considerable talent upgrade. I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of trade like that, but I like having both guys as options to play about 20MPG each off the bench.

And it should also be said, both guys are helping foster what is hopefully a bigger commitment to continuity.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #1073
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

58 games across all competition last year-

14.4ppg on 46.1%3pt 50.6%fg 61.8%eFG
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...eaubois-1.html

He won't shoot like that in the NBA obviously but as a 15th guy it's worth a look IMO.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #1074
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Was he? I always heard he was mediocre even in his heyday, but I could be wrong.
Mediocre defensively? Please do explain. He was in the conversation for being the best point guard in the NBA with CP3.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #1075
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Any word on what we will get back on the Evans trade?

Quote:
Old 07-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #1076
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Mediocre defensively? Please do explain. He was in the conversation for being the best point guard in the NBA with CP3.
Oh I know very well that he was one of the best pgs in the game, but I never thought he was a great defensive player. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1077
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
We recently traded that Indian player for Bogut. I bet it was a similar trade.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #1078
Underdog

Quote:
We recently traded that Indian player for Bogut. I bet it was a similar trade.
No we didn't... That was a joke.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #1079
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NBA.com
Two people with knowledge of the deal say Dallas is trading forward Jeremy Evans and cash to Indiana

No word on what comes back to us. Probably either a heavily protected 2nd or rights to a terrible foreign player
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #1080
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No we didn't... That was a joke.
I was fooled. I have to see how we actually acquired him then.