Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT game 32 - Mavs () at Lakers () 9:30 TNT

Mavs go on the road against the Lakers who are only 1.5 games ahead of us in the standings, which means losing tonight is even more important.

Injuries
Barea- leg - out at least a week
Bogut - sore knee - questionable

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-29-2016 at 01:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Easy win.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk, Mejri, Hammons all ill. All missed shootaround today. All are marked as questionable.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

People watching TNT tonight get to watch Celtics and Cavs, then stay up late and are rewarded with Mavs and Lakers.... Lol.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna rewatch Game 4,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOaaO5rENns
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I don't think Carlisle wants this team to tank. Especially if he can figure out how the right lineups to play defense with our good offense once on point.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I don't think Carlisle wants this team to tank. Especially if he can figure out how the right lineups to play defense with our good offense once on point.
I don't think any of them want to tank but that doesn't change the fact that we are not a good team. Dirk looks like he can only barely have a role as a stretch 5. When he's paired with another big it hasn't looked good at all. We can't stop dribble penetration, and we are the worst 3pt defense because of these things... in an era where you toss up 25+ 3's a game.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I dont think it matters if we're TRYING to tank.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:48 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I like DFS
Old 12-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I would be 100% okay buying out Deron's contract or just giving him a huge vacation. Dude does not fit on this team. Give our other guards a better chance.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #11
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Is Carlisle sticking with having a 3 point shooting team?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #12
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is Carlisle sticking with having a 3 point shooting team?
I'm curious to know what you think this team can do without a guy to break down a defense, without any kind of offensive threat whatsoever aside from a Barnes iso.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #13
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I mean we are so desperate for offense we are posting up Dwill and Wes routinely.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:16 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Someone tell Barnes to cool it or we won't lose this one. Just too much awesome.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 12-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #16
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Lakers make our defense look like the Grizz.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #17
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Lakers are good at tanking. Bench Swaggy P because we can't guard him. Bench Mozgov because we can't score inside with him.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:06 AM   #18
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm curious to know what you think this team can do without a guy to break down a defense, without any kind of offensive threat whatsoever aside from a Barnes iso.
I'm not the coach. Though I do think Carlisle is able to coach this roster of good players. Figuring out how to work in the right lineups.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:08 AM   #19
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well truth be told I viewed this as a W anyway.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:12 AM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not the coach. Though I do think Carlisle is able to coach this roster of good players. Figuring out how to work in the right lineups.
I know you aren't the coach. The point I was trying to make was something like the saying- even with all the mayo in the world you can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad, or however it goes.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:31 AM   #21
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I know you aren't the coach. The point I was trying to make was something like the saying- even with all the mayo in the world you can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad, or however it goes.
This squad has much more potential than that season. When Dirk and Marion were the main factors right? No knock on Dirk. But I think Terry left. Now it's interesting to see Barnes get to mesh through the Mavs system. Because I do see him franchised here.

Last edited by yahyes; 12-30-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 AM   #22
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I ment mayo as in mayonnaise, my bad. And no, I think as mediocre as that team was it was quite a bit better than this one. We have seen enough games to see there is no lineup of guys on our roster that fixes their issues.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2013.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2017.html

We are currently 29th in fg% and 29th in defensive fg%. We are 30th in defensive 3pt% and 21st in offensive 3pt%. We are also 30th in rebounding and 28th in assists. Assists will be skewed some with our slow pace but we can't shoot, we can't defend inside, can't defend outside, don't move the ball and we can't rebound. Doesn't matter what lineup he uses, what scheme he tries, what offensive tweaks he makes. This is not a good team.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:26 AM   #23
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Lakers majorly crapped the bad in the third. I didn't really understand their signings at first, but I guess they don't own their pick this year, so it's not as bad. Still nowhere near a playoff team of course. It's getting clearer and clearer that we will have no chance to be the worst team, but whether a top 5 pick will be in danger or not, we do not know yet.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #24
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Lakers pick is top 3 protected. If they play like they did last night they will have a real chance at keeping that pick.