Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

With Alexander, Vaught, Thomas, Davis and Laettner gone---Donnell Harvey has a good chance at playing time now. This is how the Mavs break down:

STARTERS:
pg-Steve Nash
sg-Michael Finley
sf-Dirk Nowitzki
pf-Juwan Howard
c-Shawn Bradley

IN THE ROTATION:
pg-Howard Eisley
sg-Greg Buckner
sf-Eduardo Najera
pf-Gary Trent
c-Obinna Ekezie

END OF THE BENCH:
pf-Donnell Harvey
c-Mark Bryant

INJURED LIST:
c-Calvin Booth

Until Booth comes back and becomes either our starter or off-the-bench center (3-4 weeks, he's out) Dirk most likely will see time at the 5 spot. Not that Harvey will get 10+ minutes now, but should see some time other than in blowout games. I know he's still raw but it would be nice to bring him along slowly for the rest of the season.
Old 02-24-2001, 05:05 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Man, what a rotation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

I'd like to see Harvey more too. He's a very intriguing player.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

With the exception of Ekezie, I definitely like what we have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's nice having everyone healthy AND not having to worry about how the minutes are going to be distributed.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

Ekezie is gone at the end of the year, booth might be back in washington, trent is traded, I prefer erickstricklandover bucker 99% out of 100%, christian needs to return, we pick up a pf/c and we got a great team
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:48 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Ekezie's as good as gone, but Booth's definitely NOT going anywhere! The coaching staff is pretty high on him..a younger, more athletic version of Bradley who has yet to reach his potential.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:05 AM   #6
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

If we loose booth, then we definitely gave up to much in this trade. Plus we need him. He is going to be a good player for years to come in this league.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:45 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

DJ, perhaps a better desciption of Booth should be "younger, more athletic, SHORTER version of Bradley". No matter how much he develops he'll never be 7'6", and thus will likely never be as good a shotblocker. And to Shawn's credit, he is actually pretty athletic. Certainly the most athletic man over 7'6" in the history of this league (OK, there have only been two others). Still, Booth may be pretty good defensivly, we'll have to see. I know that Nelson is pretty high on him.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:48 AM   #8
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

The best quality to me about Bradley, is his razor sharp elbows, they are lethal. That is why Jim Rome has often called Bradley the "Death Stick" and "The Most Dangerous Man in the NBA"...
Old 03-13-2001, 10:16 AM   #9
djb
Administrator

I was actually comparing their shot-blocking abilities, rather then height. In only his second year, he's already ranked #12 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game (2.03) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You're both right about Bradley though..a) you can't teach height and b) his razorsharp elbows are pretty deadly.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #10
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I say let Harvey play ahead of that Obinna Azekkieskekvoic guy. I'm not sure it's spelled exactly like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2001, 12:39 AM   #11
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I would say Obinna Ekezie is as far toward the end of the bench as Donnel Harvey is, and I've been a little bit concerned about how tight our rotation has been getting since the beginning of the season... we started the year with a ten-man rotation, and we're pretty much down to a seven-man team with the starters, Eisley, and Buckner. Najera gets 5 minutes here or there, and the rest of the team only gets garbage time...
Old 03-14-2001, 12:44 AM   #12
djb
Administrator

With Maxwell in the lineup, I'm ok with the rotation since Nellie had stated from the beginning that he wanted a tight eight-man rotation.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:47 AM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Obinna Ekizie is not a part of the Mavs' future. Calvin Booth is going to be our "Secret "Weapon" in the playoffs (in the words of Don Nelson). Neither one will be the "replacement" for the best shotblocker in the league, Shawn Bradley... Booth will be his auxiliary...
Old 07-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this excellent thread with a GREAT lineup for us. Wow those guys were fun
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Talk about blast from the past. Luka had just turned 2 years old when this thread was active
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #16
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

MFFL..it's amazing how long we've been at this site.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
MFFL..it's amazing how long we've been at this site.
Actually this article predates both of us. I didn't join until March and I think you joined at the same time
Old 07-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #18
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

I joined March 2, 2001...
Old 07-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I joined March 2, 2001...
EvilMav?!?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
EvilMav?!?
I miss EvilMav and Madape and their crazy ongoing defense of Shawn Bradley. It was great
Old 07-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #21
Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
EvilMav?!?
ha..no..even better. Murphy3
Old 07-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good times.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
good times.
Welcome back!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep..thanks to the graciousness of Underdog, I am here for the reading enjoyment of the masses.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote