Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 20.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 40.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 10.00%
Mavs lose by 10-19 2 20.00%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2019, 01:01 AM   #201
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@townbrad: Best quote of the night comes from @jalenbrunson1 about the @dallasmavs’ culture:

“It’s a championship culture that was set way before us. We’re just doing our best to try to get it back. The pieces we have, the character that guys possess, we have a special group here.”

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2019, 01:08 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I do tend to lean that way but the way THJ is showcasing himself it makes you wonder if this is a golden opportunity to go after a legit 3rd option.
What if THJ, himself, is a legit 3rd option? The thing about having such a young team is that all of these guys can still be coached-up to their possible potential.

@coopmavs: Hardaway spoke afterward about how Carlisle worked with him individually on his shot to make some small correction that obviously worked. It's an incredible quality that RC has. Very few HCs spend that time leaving it to development coaches. He goes the extra mile.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-21-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:08 AM   #203
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I just watched the first quarter. OMG! 19 points from Tim Hardaway Jr. And that buzzer beater by... Broekhoff?! Damn... totally unexpected! He's a great shooter, but I am surprised that he got to play in the first quarter.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:09 AM   #204
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What if THJ, himself, is a legit 3rd option? The thing about having such a young team is that all of these guys can still be coached-up to their possible potential.

@coopmavs: Hardaway spoke afterward about how Carlisle worked with him individually on his shot to make some small correction that obviously worked. It's an incredible quality that RC has. Very few HCs spend that time leaving it to development coaches. He goes the extra mile.
I think there's too much concern over a "3rd star". If we can make an upgrade, awesome... preferably for Powell. Maxi is a capable center though.

I give more credit to Rick seeing something that could be adjusted in his shot, more than "props to a coach for...coaching". I dont think many coaches just choose not to get extra work in, but coaches who can see small details like that can make a huge difference.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:15 AM   #205
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I just watched the first quarter. OMG! 19 points from Tim Hardaway Jr. And that buzzer beater by... Broekhoff?! Damn... totally unexpected! He's a great shooter, but I am surprised that he got to play in the first quarter.
I think Broek earned it with how he came in last game and hit clutch 3s after riding the pine more than any other contract player here. The guy can shoot in games and he has constantly proven that. Idk what goes on in practices that could keep him off the floor as much as he has but he typically answer the bell. He plays solid defense and rebounds well too.

Old 12-21-2019, 03:29 AM   #206
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

That was a really fun game to watch! And I've stayed up far too late tonight. I just HAD to watch. I love watching these Mavs play!
Old 12-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #207
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Hardaway Jr. is shooting a career-high 37.5% from deep this season through 28 games. Best 3P% since he shot 36.3% his rookie year.
Tim Hardaway Jr. continued his resurgent season, scoring a game-high 27 points, while hitting 10-of-21 from the floor and an astonishing 7-of-11 from beyond the arc.
@coopmavs - Hardaway spoke afterward about how Carlisle worked with him individually on his shot to make some small correction that obviously worked. It's an incredible quality that RC has. Very few HCs spend that time leaving it to development coaches. He goes the extra mile.

Through 28 games, the Mavs have road wins over the Nuggets, Rockets, Lakers, Bucks and now 76ers.

So far this season 13 teams have played zone on at least 50 possessions. Dallas ranks second among them in points per possession allowed at 0.810 behind only the Clippers (0.724 - wow).

Porzingas - 22 points to go along with a career-high 18 rebounds in 37 minutes of action, while hitting 10-of-19 from the field and blocking three shots.

Dallas also had four other players in double figures, including 10 from Maxi Kleber, and 11 points each from Dorian Finney-Smith, Seth Curry, and Jalen Brunson. Brunson also had 11 assists on the evening.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 12-21-2019 at 06:57 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #208
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

The only way we’re trading THJ or Powell is taking bad salary back. No one is taking those contracts. We have to get what we are gonna get via Lee, the GS pick or the exception

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 12-21-2019 at 08:51 AM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:18 AM   #209
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think Broek earned it with how he came in last game and hit clutch 3s after riding the pine more than any other contract player here. The guy can shoot in games and he has constantly proven that. Idk what goes on in practices that could keep him off the floor as much as he has but he typically answer the bell. He plays solid defense and rebounds well too.
I think he has at least earned appearances in games if our shooters go cold
Old 12-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #210
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

There are 2 ways of thinking now that the Mavs are good.

1. We need to make a trade for a 3rd guy
2. The team is playing so well without a solid 3rd guy that we shouldn’t mess with the chemistry.

I think both are fair argument and I lean towards not disrupting the chemistry but I also know that the playoffs will get hrs without having a consistent 3rd guy.

I know some want to wait for 2021 and Giannis but we all know that’s not going to happen. I was thinking last night about Minnesota’s situation as they fall out of e playoffs and are bad again.

A lot of us want Covington on this team but what would it take
to get him ? He is a great upgrade but not a 3rd piece.

Would we even consider taking the Wiggins away from Minny because nobody else will and they clearly need to start over and let some of their young’s develop with KAT.

Wiggins has been doing some play making those year and done good. Could he be the 3rd piece or is he too inconsistent like Hardaway ?

Luka
Wiggins
DFS
Covington
KP

Would be a very interesting lineup. We could always bring DFS off the bench if we wanted more shooting in the starting lineup and start Curry instead.

Wiggins could run the offense when Luka is out and provide us with a very dynamic scorer and 3rd option.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #211
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's a two superstar league though, so I'm not sure that really matters as much anymore until someone gets three of them. I mean, it would be great if we did, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Sure thing, but you still try. Imagine that Euro trio, it would be legendary.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #212
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Luka is not going anywhere. Gianna or not
Agree, I just meant we could have the max cap space for the last time for a long time while still having all these excellent role players.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #213
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I still think we need to make a move or two before playoff time. While I understand the concern regarding disrupting chemistry, I think that once things get whittled down to the top 4 in the west come playoff time, if the Mavs are still alive, people are then going to really notice how deficient Powell is. Yes, we can live with him starting during the regular season, and we can win with him, but when we get down to the best teams, he's just not going to be able to cut it. The Lakers, Clippers, and Denver are going to eat him alive. I'd rather be proactive now, so we have the best opportunity to take advantage of a playoff opportunity. Just because nobody expected us to be this good this soon doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to maximize our chances. Trying to "win now" doesn't mean we have to sacrifice any of the future. We can do both - try and win now while also building for our future. I don't want to look back after this season and wish we had done something to address our most obvious, in my mind, deficiency, only to say, "oh well, maybe next year." You have to take advantage of your opportunities - all of them.

Last edited by turin; 12-21-2019 at 11:39 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #214
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Where did you find a replay?
Old 12-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #215
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post

2. The team is playing so well without a solid 3rd guy that we shouldn’t mess with the chemistry.

I think both are fair argument and I lean towards not disrupting the chemistry but I also know that the playoffs will get hrs without having a consistent 3rd guy.

I know some want to wait for 2021 and Giannis but we all know that’s not going to happen. I was thinking last night about Minnesota’s situation as they fall out of e playoffs and are bad again.

Would we even consider taking the Wiggins away from Minny because nobody else will and they clearly need to start over and let some of their young’s develop with KAT.

Wiggins has been doing some play making those year and done good. Could he be the 3rd piece or is he too inconsistent like Hardaway ?

Luka
Wiggins
DFS
Covington
KP

Would be a very interesting lineup. We could always bring DFS off the bench if we wanted more shooting in the starting lineup and start Curry instead.

Wiggins could run the offense when Luka is out and provide us with a very dynamic scorer and 3rd option.
Even if I did like this lineup, which I don't, Minny isn't going to hand over their 2nd best asset. That lineup looks straight out of NBA2k and might look ok on paper offensively but it would get throttled defensively and on the boards in reality.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #216
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I still think we need to make a move or two before playoff time. While I understand the concern regarding disrupting chemistry, I think that once things get whittled down to the top 4 in the west come playoff time, if the Mavs are still alive, people are then going to really notice how deficient Powell is. Yes, we can live with him starting during the regular season, and we can win with him, but when we get down to the best teams, he's just not going to be able to cut it. The Lakers, Clippers, and Denver are going to eat him alive. I'd rather be proactive now, so we have the best opportunity to take advantage of a playoff opportunity. Just because nobody expected us to be this good this soon doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to maximize our chances. Trying to "win now" doesn't mean we have to sacrifice any of the future. We can do both - try and win now while also building for our future. I don't want to look back after this season and wish we had done something to address our most obvious, in my mind, deficiency, only to say, "oh well, maybe next year." You have to take advantage of your opportunities - all of them.
Basically agree. If we can upgrade DP in the slu without disrupting too much chemistry it would be great. I think that's the most room for improvement without losing the intangibles some of the guards and wings provide.

Old 12-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #217
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We need to have faith and not mess up a good thing. We are deep, balanced, and versatile. There's no need to make a move unless it's Lee + a pick only.

If we make a larger midseason move now we're telling our guys that all that talk about continuity and chemistry in the offseason was all bullshit. Let them show us how far they can go this season, and if we dud in the playoffs then we can make a riskier move in the offseason.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #218
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Where did you find a replay?
https://www.nbafullhd.com/dallas-mav...ays-full-game/
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #219
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post

Luka
Wiggins
DFS
Covington
KP

I want nothing to do with Wiggans. Imo Hes a great stats on bad team guy. 6'8" and that athletic how does he play so little defense ?
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #220
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are playing surprisingly well without Luka. I really thought this team was a bottom 5 team without him based on some of their games. I will say though that I don't consider Philly an elite team. They basically are playing 3 centers at once in Embiid Al and Simmons. But playing Miami close and beating the Bucks and 6 point loss to Boston... I'm not really one for moral victories but they are playing a lot better than I thought they would after Luka went down. Even if IMO Philly is a miscast of a roster and the Bucks got caught overlooking us for the Lakers, we have played competitive ball and that's way more than I gave them credit for a while back.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #221
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

thanks this is awesome!
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #222
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
This makes a lot of sense.
We are good enough to start looking at the teams we'll need to get past to make it to the finals and make the necessary adjustments.

On the other hand, we are looking somewhat unique and quite possibly a team that the other top tier teams will need to adjust to.

I do agree upgrading the center position is something the FO should consider and I think we could actually do that without moving Powell. Using our TPE and trading Lee, Jackson and a pick could get us a couple of nice pieces to add to what we already have.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #223
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We need to have faith and not mess up a good thing. We are deep, balanced, and versatile. There's no need to make a move unless it's Lee + a pick only.

If we make a larger midseason move now we're telling our guys that all that talk about continuity and chemistry in the offseason was all bullshit. Let them show us how far they can go this season, and if we dud in the playoffs then we can make a riskier move in the offseason.
This is pretty much where I’m at. If some combination of Lee, TE and maybe picks gets you Redick, Gallo, Covington, Marcus Morris, Bertans, T. Thompson or Favors you do it. But ideally keep the chemistry and save future assets for a bigger deal.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #224
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
I want nothing to do with Wiggans. Imo Hes a great stats on bad team guy. 6'8" and that athletic how does he play so little defense ?
Yeah, I don't have a problem with Wiggins but I think Carlisle and the rest of the team would.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-21-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:07 PM   #225
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Personally I think if this team is still having the same success, or near the same success just before the TDL that it has had the first third of the season, these guys deserve to stay together to see this thing through.
Like some others have said, I don't mind trading someone like Lee (who hasn't contributed much on the court) with a draft pick and also our TPE because those types of moves shouldn't have much of an impact on our chemistry.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #226
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Per ESPN: The Mavs have outscored opponents by 7.4 points per 100 possessions when Doncic isn't on the court this season and 8.5 with Docic on the floor, The Mavericks are better defensively, allowing only 104.1 points per 100 possessions when Doncic is off the court compared to 108.9 when Doncic is on the court this season.

It's not all Luka. These guys are good.

Last edited by OldWhiteGuy; 12-21-2019 at 03:46 PM.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #227
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
Per ESPN: The Mavs have outscored opponents by 7.4 points per 100 possessions when Doncic isn't on the court this season and 8.5 with Docic on the floor, The Mavericks are better defensively, allowing only 104.1 points per 100 possessions when Doncic is off the court compared to 108.9 when Doncic is on the court this season.

#coaching

Old 12-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #228
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post

That the Mavs are better defensively with Brunson, Curry, and THJ is nothing short of amazing. Coaching for true.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #229
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

How about we beat Toronto on Sunday? How does that sound to the rest of you
Old 12-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #230
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I'm definitely for it. Hope it's not a trap game with three of their starters out.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #231
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Should we sit KP to make it fair? Maybe spot them 20 points so they don't get blown-out?

Old 12-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #232
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

I think KP has to play just for us to be nice to Europe. This was supposed to be a showcase game with all those guys plus Luka and now half of them are out lol. That’s apparently why they scheduled it for 2:30
Old 12-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #233
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That the Mavs are better defensively with Brunson, Curry, and THJ is nothing short of amazing. Coaching for true.
Better to take advanced analytics with a grain of salt. Luka doesn't get much burn against opponents' bench players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:40 AM   #234
OldWhiteGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Should we sit KP to make it fair? Maybe spot them 20 points so they don't get blown-out?
I'm OK with a blow-out. The 20 point spot we gave Miami didn't work out well and was tough on my nerves.