Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-23-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't see how you can blame Rick for what happened today. That to me looked like youth and inexperience of the players more than anything. It's not his fault that Brunsen turned into a dear in the headlights against a full court press, or that Curry and THJ couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. Or that the refs decided to go full 2006 finals mode against us.

My expectations for the team my have been tempered somewhat, but it doesn't change my opinion about Rick being a strong COY candidate.
I dont often disagree with you but Rick shares blame with the players on today's game. He stood and watched the steaming pile of shit coming out on the court as they tried to milk the clock with over 9 minutes left in the game. He played into Nurses midgetball gameplan instead of putting KP and Maxi in.

That said. He can tighten those few issues up going forward and control what he can and get in the conversation of coy later. We can talk all we want about coach of the year but Rick doesn't give two dog fks about it. Just fix the damn issues that he has had which granted arent that many and get to the playoffs. The rest will work itself out.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He played into Nurses midgetball gameplan instead of putting KP and Maxi in.
KP played a team high 36 minutes, and the last 8 minutes of the game.

I'm not sure why he couldn't figure out that Maxi was the key to beating a full court press that they were struggling with.

Last edited by FreshJive; 12-23-2019 at 05:19 AM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
KP played a team high 36 minutes, and the last 8 minutes of the game.

I'm not sure why he couldn't figure out that Maxi was the key to beating a full court press that they were struggling with.
True, the press was obviously an issue, but they beat the press numerous times but then stood holding the ball milking the clock and trying to set up a half court offense. There was far too much time to hold the ball up like that. I could have separated the issues more but I didnt mean it was ALL because Maxi and KP werent in together.

Getting KP back in for 8 mins is better than 4 mins but the lead shrank to 10pts before he decided to bring our best player back in. Not to mention that JJ who is very experienced just sat there and the only time he remotely made an appearance was when he got off the bench to go give Rick his thoughts on the sideline.

You gotta do what it takes to win very winnable games from incredibly winnable positions, even if it means KP plays higher minutes and you have to use JJ...assuming he was healthy. I didnt say it's all on Coach.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote