Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #11
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

I never understood the notion that refs are above criticism. Players aren't, coaches aren't, yet refs it's like they're above it all. They get paid pretty well, maybe not like the players but they make more than the average U.S. citizen for referring a game. I'm not saying they're job is easy, but I just don't see where if they make a mistake and a player, coach or owner calls them out on it why they get fined. It's one thing if a player gets into a physical altercation with the ref or something along those lines that can't be allowed, but just saying words it just reeks of "we don't care if you're right or not, we're trying to protect our league"

The league not only defends the refs actions when they're wrong they double down and fine the person who rightfully calls them out. Probably why we had the ref scandal with Donaughy and other refs.

Last edited by LukaThaDon; 03-06-2020 at 05:41 PM.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote