Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Season ends (loss) 7 100.00%
Season continues (win) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #201
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of light

Really proud of this team. Competed hard in this series despite being outmatched for talent and with the Clippers trying to physically bully them.

My appreciation for Luka has only increased after this series, which I didn't think was possible. Game 4 was one of the best games I can remember. Honestly I just enjoy watching him play.
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #202
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
Luka is a Super Star.

Off Season Work needed:

Mid range
Free Throws
3-pointers

We need defenders with size and one slasher or natural scorer - We also need those defenders to be enforcers.

We need to decide if the KP injuries are worth it for us. He's 7'3, slim, and is susceptible to multiple injuries. This would be a crucial decision because you have to live with it if you don't do anything about it.

We could get away with KP if we surround this team with enforcers and defenders.
We don't need more scoring right now, we just need defense and muscle on this team, which we have neither.
I have same concerns about KP.
Rick might have to adjust to let Donnie build a team similar to the one we had in 2011 when Dirk was surrounded and protected by Tyson, Marion and some other tough guys.
I know KP looked good at the 5 but it might be time to put him more in a Dirk type role to help protect and preserve him.

I think WCS can adequately fill the Tyson role and I'd love to see us somehow move up in the draft to get Vassell because he has similar traits as Marion had but is a much more natural shooter.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #203
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I’m seeing Dallas letting someone else pay Burke and Dragic taking a little less coin to play with Luka. I could see them looking at Bertans from Washington too.

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 08-30-2020 at 06:17 PM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #204
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Lack of coaching and adjustments sure put a major dent in a nice comeback
U can adjust all u want. They are better
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #205
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

I hate to always rag on THJ but I dont care that he is better then some thought he would be. He can't play big minutes for a championship level team. When he is cold like tonight he brings NOTHING else to the table. Below avg passer. And a complete turntile on D.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #206
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
I hate to always rag on THJ but I dont care that he is better then some thought he would be. He can't play big minutes for a championship level team. When he is cold like tonight he brings NOTHING else to the table. Below avg passer. And a complete turntile on D.
THJ didn't play well the entire series when we needed him the most.
We need to either move on from him or vastly limit his role. 1-9 in a game where we needed him to step up in KP's absence is inexcusable.

He missed a lot of wide open looks.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:26 PM   #207
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I’m seeing Dallas letting someone else pay Burke and Dragic taking a little less coin to play with Luka. I could see them looking at Bertans from Washington too.
Dragic has a better shot at a title where he is. I dont think hes leaving such a deep roster right now, even if they lose this upcoming series.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #208
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

THJ was around 44% from the field and 40% from three during the regular season and the five playoff games before game six. I'm inclined to give him another chance (and not only just because he'll probably opt in). I know he sucks coming off the bench, but we need to figure out how to play Curry with Luka more next season.

IMO the only free agents worth chasing this offseason are Fred VanVleet and Serge Ibaka. If we strike out, we strike out. Use our picks and assets to maneuver where possible. I think we have plenty of assets that teams would be interested in:

DFS at $4 million
Brunson at $1.6 million
Curry at $8 million
1st round pick
Warriors 2nd round pick

Last edited by tap2390; 08-30-2020 at 08:27 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #209
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
But it's really an entire team outside of Luka/KP problem. I mean, Seth Curry had 11 points total the last two games which is just as bad.

So I find that players without defined roles on Rick's teams tend to have the same issue. However, I think a third reliable player that you can depend on to coincide with Luka/KP would fix a lot of these roles players. They're frankly being asked to do too much that they can't fulfill.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-30-2020 at 08:43 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #210
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I’m a little terrified we’re going to trade our two picks for some worn down vet, Leaving us with no picks, no assets, KP, and a frustrated Luka
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #211
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I’m a little terrified we’re going to trade our two picks for some worn down vet, Leaving us with no picks, no assets, KP, and a frustrated Luka
Yepp....dont piss away the picks for some guy that is an UFA next summer
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:34 PM   #212
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, that's almost a given. Hope we're surprised instead...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:04 PM   #213
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Dragic has a better shot at a title where he is. I dont think hes leaving such a deep roster right now, even if they lose this upcoming series.
Miami might not have a home for him. They are playing free agency lottery too
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:46 PM   #214
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO the only free agents worth chasing this offseason are Fred VanVleet and Serge Ibaka. If we strike out, we strike out.
I've said over and over again that Ibaka would be perfect for us. I honestly can't think of a better player to put at PF next to Porzingis. The only thing that gives me pause is his age. He's 31 next month, so I only want him for the right price. He's not worth the max or really even close to it. And unfortunately for us, he seems to be in a pretty much perfect situation in Toronto, so I don't see us getting him short of substantially overpaying.

Never thought about VanVleet, but he would be perfect too. He gives you just about everything you could possibly need out of a secondary guard/playmaker. Problem is, he's in the same great situation as Ibaka. Same problem. Probably have to throw the max at him, or close to it, to pry him away.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #215
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Milsap
Demarre Carroll
Kent Bazemore
Serge Ibaka

Or could always try to woo Montrezl Harrell or Marcus Morris lol

Not a ton of scoring but depending on price worth the defense and rebounds.

Last edited by Melonhead; 08-30-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:05 AM   #216
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Or could always try to woo Montrezl Harrell or Marcus Morris lol
"It’s two games in a row that he did something like that," Doncic said. "I really hope the first game it wasn’t on purpose. But looking back at the foul this game, you know what I think. I don’t want to deal with those kind of players. I just move on."

Maybe Harrell but I don't think Luka wants a thug like Morris anywhere on the team
Old 08-31-2020, 01:09 AM   #217
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Harrell is kind of a glorified energy guy. Some team might give him a little more than MLE but I’d imagine his market has cooled some. So many guys competing for that MLE or above MLE $: Jerami Grant, Harrell, Morris, Joe Harris, Gallo, Ibaka, Gasol, Van Vleet, Christian Wood, Favors, Bertans, Millsapp, etc.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:29 AM   #218
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Harrell is kind of a glorified energy guy. Some team might give him a little more than MLE but I’d imagine his market has cooled some. So many guys competing for that MLE or above MLE $: Jerami Grant, Harrell, Morris, Joe Harris, Gallo, Ibaka, Gasol, Van Vleet, Christian Wood, Favors, Bertans, Millsapp, etc.
And lets not forget that many teams will not use their MLE this year unless there is some smoothing to the salary cap next year. The cap could drop significantly next year
Old 08-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #219
crum

crum has a spectacular aura aboutcrum has a spectacular aura aboutcrum has a spectacular aura about

Jerami Grant would be a great fit here. NO clue what his price tag is
crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #220
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Indiana wants for Myles Turner. Seems like he isn’t a fit there, and is on the trade block. Big that can block shots and knock down an outside jumper. From the Dallas area I believe.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #221
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I wonder what Indiana wants for Myles Turner. Seems like he isn’t a fit there, and is on the trade block. Big that can block shots and knock down an outside jumper. From the Dallas area I believe.

I don't think I even trade #18 for him. We need guys that can guard on the perimeter. Turner's game is way too similar to KP's.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:59 AM   #222
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-k...n-luka-doncic/

If you ever doubted the Morris plays on Doncic were accidental or just hard fouls, then this might persuade you. I don't know if this is a respected source, but if it is an accurate account of Clipper strategy, then the NBA should be watching him closely in future playoff games.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:25 PM   #223
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone make me feel better and show me how we dump Wrights ass for anything useful at all for our roster realistically?

We played an 8 man rotation and he didn't sniff the floor. Very telling at just how garbage he is when we are riddled with injuries and he can't even be on the floor.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #224
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Can someone make me feel better and show me how we dump Wrights ass for anything useful at all for our roster realistically?

We played an 8 man rotation and he didn't sniff the floor. Very telling at just how garbage he is when we are riddled with injuries and he can't even be on the floor.
I think he maybe just doesn't get our system.

Dude has all the physical tools
Dude has been strong defensively
Dude shot the three at a respectable 37% (playoffs he shot 50% from three)

There's just something off. Attitude? Not listening to coach? Poor decision-making? Bad fit?
Old 08-31-2020, 02:35 PM   #225
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he maybe just doesn't get our system.

Dude has all the physical tools
Dude has been strong defensively
Dude shot the three at a respectable 37% (playoffs he shot 50% from three)

There's just something off. Attitude? Not listening to coach? Poor decision-making? Bad fit?
When he is on the floor I still see people pointing to where he needs to be so yeah I think he doesn't understand the offense.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #226
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
When he is on the floor I still see people pointing to where he needs to be so yeah I think he doesn't understand the offense.
Or defense.

Some guys just get it (Burke), some guys take a season, and some guys just can't understand the Mavs system no matter how they try.

I'm hoping he has a good attitude and works at getting it for next season. We could certainly use the guy. We need a defensive player capable of defending three positions and hitting threes. We just can't find PT for a guy who is always lost.

Or we trade him. Maybe someone will see some value in him. I just wouldn't pay to get rid if him yet-- not with how few assets we actually have.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-31-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #227
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
"It’s two games in a row that he did something like that," Doncic said. "I really hope the first game it wasn’t on purpose. But looking back at the foul this game, you know what I think. I don’t want to deal with those kind of players. I just move on."

Maybe Harrell but I don't think Luka wants a thug like Morris anywhere on the team
Yeah I was kidding hence the lol...I dont want either of them honestly.