Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: MAVS VS MAGIC 6PM

Today we can get over .500 and move up the standings towards the playoffs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Parry: Magic forward James Ennis is out for tonight’s game against the Mavericks because of left calf soreness. It will be the second straight game he’s missed because of the injury. Dwayne Bacon started for Ennis on Saturday vs. Utah. –
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

S5:

KP
Kleber
DFS
Richardson
Luka
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
S5:

KP
Kleber
DFS
Richardson
Luka
Not bad...
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Injury report:

Mavs: Fully healthy

Magic: without Ennis, Anthony, Gordon, Isaac, Fultz
Old 03-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love a few more plays called. Get KP going early and also a few plays called for Maxi. He needs to get more involved offensively IMO.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Magic with the tough defense. That’s going to keep them in this if we can’t loosen them up with some threes
Old 03-01-2021, 07:29 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP is not good
Old 03-01-2021, 07:29 PM   #9
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

KP, stop chucking prayer shots.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Vucevic and Fornier

That would be a shocking addition for Mavs if the Magic ever decided to blow it up

Those two might be as good as KP and THJ and they seem to take smarter shots.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:51 PM   #11
tgfan
Golden Member

Dwight, hold the ball.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:56 PM   #12
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I missed about half of the first quarter, but appears KP is back to standing around the perimeter shooting 3’s.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I missed about half of the first quarter, but appears KP is back to standing around the perimeter shooting 3’s.
Shooting bad threes, not even rhythm threes
Old 03-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #14
tgfan
Golden Member

Well, at least we know Vukevich can nail threes. KP, not so much.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:01 PM   #15
tgfan
Golden Member

KP is really bothering Vucevic inside the three point line!
Old 03-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #16
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Vucevic and Fornier

That would be a shocking addition for Mavs if the Magic ever decided to blow it up

Those two might be as good as KP and THJ and they seem to take smarter shots.

LOL.

I swear Mavs fans have the worst case of "grass is always greener" that I've ever seen.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:29 PM   #17
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
LOL.

I swear Mavs fans have the worst case of "grass is always greener" that I've ever seen.
I think that is a fair comparison between those two tandems.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Vucevic is actually an all star this year and he's avg like 24 & 11 while shooting 40% from 3.

Are you telling me that doesn't stack up to KP's production?

Fournier and THJ are about even but Fornier does take smarter shots if you watch Orlando beyond games vs the Mavs.

Now would I trade KP.......No

Because he's my favorite Mavs player but I'm not going to say he's better than Vuc
Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 PM   #18
BPo001
Diamond Member

Powell putting in some good minutes for once.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:53 PM   #19
BPo001
Diamond Member

Great ball movement there.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

That dude Brunson is something else
Old 03-01-2021, 09:06 PM   #21
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think that is a fair comparison between those two tandems.
I agree with you, and I have nothing against KP or THJ.

In fact, I believe there's no debate about Fournier beeing better than THJ, I'd swap those two in a second. He's a really good player. His shooting % is not the best right now, but he's been dealing with some injuries and he is also forced to sometimes take tougher shots since he is their go-to guy on the perimeter (although THJ takes some tough shots as well, but without being forced).

Last edited by Rostick; 03-01-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:08 PM   #22
tgfan
Golden Member

Why don't they double Vukevic when he gets the ball down low like that? He just scored again with no double. Arrgghh. It's just stupid defense.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #23
tgfan
Golden Member

Powell is just hopelessly too slow, laterally, to defend a driver.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #24
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
I agree with you, and I have nothing against KP or THJ.

In fact, I believe there's no debate about Fournier beeing better than THJ, I'd swap those two in a second. He's a really good player. His shooting % is not the best right now, but he's been dealing with some injuries and he is also forced to sometimes take tougher shots since he is their go-to guy on the perimeter (although THJ takes some tough shots as well, but without being forced).
Yeah I'm not sure that other poster really watches Vuc or Fornier enough.

They are just stuck on a bad Orlando team that always stays injured.

But I have no doubt if you were to swap those two guys on the mavs this team would be a really good playoff team because Vuc could get them inside and outside buckets plus he rebounds very well.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:16 PM   #25
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

They made 20 threes tonight.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:16 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf is Powell out there for?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:18 PM   #27
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Wtf is Powell out there for?
Lol

Well at least he got the quick hook.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:41 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

Championship bound baby!

Old 03-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #29
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Townsend:

Devin Harris on @FOXSportsSW says of the Mavs’ respect and familiarity with Nikola Vucevic, who has the same agent as Luka Doncic: “I think they tried to go after him in free agency.” I was told there certainly was interest but he was out of Mavs’ price range in FA.

So this lends credence to what Erica said about Mavs Kemba interest being made up by Kemba’s agent, because his contract was bigger than Vuc’s. So apparently they never wanted to spend money on anything significant that offseason? Luka on a rookie contract, and the plan was to use the cap space on spare parts and bench scrubs?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote