Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #961
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm more so referencing the fact that had he been a restricted free agent they wouldn't have lost him like they did. Brunson's contract and trying to take it wouldn't have bothered me. I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.
Not giving Brunson the extension when he wanted it was a massive mistake. No argument here.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #962
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.
To us lol.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:55 PM   #963
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Is solid really a compliment? I see it as a backhanded one at best.

"He is the definition of solid." Jalen Brunson is a piece of the puzzle the Knicks have long needed: a real point guard. #TheVoidNBA 📼: https://t.co/YOw3bbOt3H pic.twitter.com/t1Soo8uEpf

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:55 PM   #964
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
To us lol.
He did lol...but even then the Sixers managed to trade Hortford's terrible contract. And I know people may have a revisionist history on him because he's coming off a nice playoff run but man that contract was one of the worst in the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:59 PM   #965
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Is solid really a compliment? I see it as a backhanded one at best.

"He is the definition of solid." Jalen Brunson is a piece of the puzzle the Knicks have long needed: a real point guard. #TheVoidNBA 📼: https://t.co/YOw3bbOt3H pic.twitter.com/t1Soo8uEpf
Its because they dont' know how to describe him. He's not overly fast, he's not overly athletic....I think solid is how you'd describe guys like him who play low to the ground like they do. Like Kyle Lowry and Chris Paul.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:42 PM   #966
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban should sell the team. Perpetual joke franchise if not for being blessed with Dirk and then Luka. They both deserve better. When Luka leaves in 2-3 years I won?t watch another second of Mavs or NBA ball. And I won?t blame him one bit for leaving.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:53 PM   #967
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

McGee is a quality signing. We had to maybe overpay slightly and the 3rd year is?not good. Dude will be 38 or something. But he fills a need. Better rim protection and rebounding than Powell with some of the same rim running pnr game with Luka.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #968
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Cuban should sell the team. Perpetual joke franchise if not for being blessed with Dirk and then Luka. They both deserve better. When Luka leaves in 2-3 years I won?t watch another second of Mavs or NBA ball. And I won?t blame him one bit for leaving.
The Kings are a perpetual joke franchise. The Mavs just made the Western Conference Finals.

Losing Brunson sucks, don't get me wrong, but this seems like an extreme overreaction.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:00 PM   #969
JustJay

Quote:
Maybe I'm a fool but I think Luka is made of the same things Dirk is made of and doesn't want to join up with a super team. OTTH I also wouldn't blame him if he did leave this organization is a mess.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:24 PM   #970
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The Kings are a perpetual joke franchise. The Mavs just made the Western Conference Finals.

Losing Brunson sucks, don't get me wrong, but this seems like an extreme overreaction.
I had written a much lengthier, more heated post but pulled back. In it I referenced the various scandals and other f?ups along the way of Cuban?s tenure. Even this Donnie Nelson business with his nephew and hush money (after the sexual harassment scandal) could still rear its ugly head. Losing Brunson hurts especially because they actually drafted well, finally! And then botched it beginning to end.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:51 PM   #971
JustJay

Shams Charania: Free agent Donte DiVincenzo has agreed to a two-year, $9.3 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Player option in Year 2. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 07-01-2022, 09:19 PM   #972
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shams Charania: Free agent Donte DiVincenzo has agreed to a two-year, $9.3 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Player option in Year 2. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Is this their MLE? Solid player. Should replace part of what GP2 brought to them with better shooting.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:23 PM   #973
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Free agent center Jalen Smith has agreed to a two-year, $9.6 million deal to return to the Indiana Pacers, sources told ESPN?s Adrian Wojnarowski on Friday. ? via ESPN

This was prob my #2 want behind Hartenstein at C
Old 07-01-2022, 10:22 PM   #974
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Mavs supposedly "aggressively pursuing" a trade for Collin Sexton, but I can't find a real source on this. And I'm quite skeptical seeing as how an earlier report from Stein said that the Mavs weren't "expected to immediately pursue guards."
Old 07-01-2022, 10:28 PM   #975
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mavs supposedly "aggressively pursuing" a trade for Collin Sexton, but I can't find a real source on this. And I'm quite skeptical seeing as how an earlier report from Stein said that the Mavs weren't "expected to immediately pursue guards."
Great! The inefficient, even worse defensively, worse spot up shooting and less durable version of Jalen Brunson.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #976
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Free agent center Jalen Smith has agreed to a two-year, $9.6 million deal to return to the Indiana Pacers, sources told ESPN?s Adrian Wojnarowski on Friday. ? via ESPN

Mine too. Would?ve preferred him to McGee because at least there is upside with Jalen Smith. The lack of a market for him says something though. These teams have way more info about them as people and work ethic etc.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #977
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Great! The inefficient, even worse defensively, worse spot up shooting and less durable version of Jalen Brunson.

I mean he shot 47/38/85 just two years ago as a 21 year old.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #978
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
*shrug* I'd gladly take him as long as we're buying low.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:46 PM   #979
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Its a interesting route to take that's for sure. I won't call them stupid. They got Gobert for nothing as of right now. Those late round draft picks they won't miss.

KAT is a elite shooter....hell its probably at best for him to be at the 4. I don't see how this works but I want to see if it works. The NBA is getting smaller.....but those are two great big men.

If ANT can take the next step and be the teams best player which he's on his way to be......T-Wolves may shock people. They improved defensively for sure.
Nah, teams will run circles around that poorly constructed roster. KAT and Gobert will get roasted by smaller lineups and played off the court. That team will be terrible defensively.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:25 AM   #980
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Worse defensively? Are you massively undervaluing Sexton or massively overvaluing Brunson?

Worse spot up? In Sexton?s last healthy season, the two were comparable.

Durable? It?s hard to say. Brunson just missed 14 games with a shoulder. Sexton was blitzed with the meniscus. History says he?ll recovery and be himself again, but yes, injuries are a concern.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-02-2022 at 09:33 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:52 AM   #981
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Worse defensively? Are you massively undervaluing Sexton or massively overvaluing Brunson?

Worse spot up? In Sexton?s last healthy season, the two were comparable.

Durable? It?s hard to say. Brunson just missed 14 games with a shoulder. Sexton was blitzed with the meniscus. History says he?ll recovery and be himself again, but yes, injuries are a concern.
Sexton is average to slightly below average defensively, with perimeter defense seemingly being his weakness. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence, especially when he had Mobley and Allen manning the paint to where he theoretically should have been better outside. I'm not in love with the idea of giving up assets for Sexton.

Plus, the Mavs FO has been quoted as saying they aren't intent on adding to the guard room immediately, which reinforces the idea they know they're getting Dragic and can role with that. Hidden bonus is potentially getting Hardy more run and experience.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:57 AM   #982
mac222b
Diamond Member

Sexton is young and talented, no doubt. Someone quoted his stats above and I remember even with that Cleveland was looking to get off of him. Maybe in part because of Garland but also, unless I?m remembering wrong, that they felt that Sexton was all about ?getting his? and not as much of a team player and didn?t want to consistently defend.. Apologies if that?s not the case but that?s how I remember it.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-02-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:02 AM   #983
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I think people would be very frustrated with Sexton. Watched him play a lot and can go ice cold for long stretches. When he?s on it?s nice but reminds me of THJ with the hot cold imbalance.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:09 AM   #984
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Sexton is average to slightly below average defensively, with perimeter defense seemingly being his weakness. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence, especially when he had Mobley and Allen manning the paint to where he theoretically should have been better outside. I'm not in love with the idea of giving up assets for Sexton.

Plus, the Mavs FO has been quoted as saying they aren't intent on adding to the guard room immediately, which reinforces the idea they know they're getting Dragic and can role with that. Hidden bonus is potentially getting Hardy more run and experience.
I don?t think you can do confidently brush off his defense. Has he had lapses? Absolutely. Has Brunson also had lapses? Yes. Are both guys improving? Yes? Do defensive stats really mean much? Not really. Defensive rating is a measure of five-man squad and coaching. Mavs with Brunson we?re a top 5-10 defense in the league and yet the defensive ratings of the two are near identical.

I?d say defensively (and offensively) Brunson and Sexton are a push at best. Saying Brunson at 6?0? is a clear victor defensively seems ridiculous to me.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:11 AM   #985
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd rather have get a stop gap like Schroder/Dragic/Kemba until Hardy develops. People can't say Brunson was a bad fit, and then be good with Sexton. I mean, I'd be fine getting him, but I don't see the FO committing that money to him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:12 AM   #986
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I think people would be very frustrated with Sexton. Watched him play a lot and can go ice cold for long stretches. When he?s on it?s nice but reminds me of THJ with the hot cold imbalance.
It?s not like Luka is streaky going into every half 2-12 and 0-8 from three and 3-8 from the stripe

Or Brunson who dominated one series and then couldn?t have a single game in the next series better than 4-15

I get not wanting to get your hopes up or not wanting Sexton at all, but trashing Swxton seems strange to me.

It?s all moot though. We just drafted Lillard 2.0 so whoever we sign will be Hardy?s backup by the ASB

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-02-2022 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #987
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So the hope is to hold out for Hardy. The odds of him developing into anything more than an end of the rotation player are slim for the next couple of years.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-02-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #988
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
I don?t think you can do confidently brush off his defense. Has he had lapses? Absolutely. Has Brunson also had lapses? Yes. Are both guys improving? Yes? Do defensive stats really mean much? Not really. Defensive rating is a measure of five-man squad and coaching. Mavs with Brunson we?re a top 5-10 defense in the league and yet the defensive ratings of the two are near identical.

I?d say defensively (and offensively) Brunson and Sexton are a push at best. Saying Brunson at 6?0? is a clear victor defensively seems ridiculous to me.
Oh I wasn?t declaring that Brunson was the better defender, just that it wouldn?t really push the needle for me. I?d wager he?d be slightly better than Brunson, but then again not worth the cost in contract or assets. Not in love with Sexton?s game.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #989
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

How I see it is that Sexton for Brunson would be a push. I don't think Sexton is measurably better or worse, but he'd let us tread water. If you add Wood and McGee to the equation, then we're much better. Maybe not comparably with Warriors (who also got better) and other teams, but objectively, we'd be better.

It 100% comes down to cost on Sexton. Without cap room and with Sexton being an RFA, it HAS to be a sign-and-trade so you already know it's going to cost a player or two for salary matching. If it's Powell and a second-rounder, you have to take that. What if it's THJ and our 2025 FRP? What about Hardy/Green/Kleber and 1-2 FRPs? Cost is going to be everything.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-02-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:36 AM   #990
BPo001
Diamond Member

Chris Haynes: Free agent center Bismack Biyombo has agreed to terms on a return to the Phoenix Suns, league sources tell @YahooSports. ? via Twitter ChrisBHaynes
Old 07-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #991
BPo001
Diamond Member

Marc Stein: Mavericks roster note: Dallas essentially has one spot left and has weighed leaving it open, league sources say. While Dallas has shown interest in Goran Dragic, it still has a clear need for wing additions and could wait to see if an unexpected option to address that surfaces. ? via Twitter TheSteinLine
Old 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #992
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

For some reason they don?t want to sign dragic? You think they would to make luka happy. Need a backup pg that?s reliable.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #993
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marc Stein: Mavericks roster note: Dallas essentially has one spot left and has weighed leaving it open, league sources say. While Dallas has shown interest in Goran Dragic, it still has a clear need for wing additions and could wait to see if an unexpected option to address that surfaces. ? via Twitter TheSteinLine
lol the phantom Dragic chase continues.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #994
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Back to Hardy...Warriors played Poole 22 mpg his rookie year. His shooting percentages were terrible, but they stuck with him. Do the Mavs have that same patience?

It's a good lesson for people saying we aren't in a position to play a rookie big minutes...welp. You don't get today's Poole without playing him those minutes his rookie year.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:43 PM   #995
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It?s not like Luka is streaky going into every half 2-12 and 0-8 from three and 3-8 from the stripe

Or Brunson who dominated one series and then couldn?t have a single game in the next series better than 4-15

I get not wanting to get your hopes up or not wanting Sexton at all, but trashing Swxton seems strange to me.

It?s all moot though. We just drafted Lillard 2.0 so whoever we sign will be Hardy?s backup by the ASB
Come on you?re really not comparing Luka and Sexton. Nothing I said was trashing him at all. Go watch his games.

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-02-2022 at 12:44 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:54 PM   #996
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Back to Hardy...Warriors played Poole 22 mpg his rookie year. His shooting percentages were terrible, but they stuck with him. Do the Mavs have that same patience?

It's a good lesson for people saying we aren't in a position to play a rookie big minutes...welp. You don't get today's Poole without playing him those minutes his rookie year.
I wonder if the Warriors even would have let him play that much if Thompson hadn't been out that entire year, though. It's a weird conundrum. If you want to win, you have to play your vets. If you do, you don't develop your young guys.

Same thing happened with Dirk. He came in and only put up 8pts, 3reb on 41% and 21% from three. If he was playing behind vets, he might never have developed but they just let him keep playing and now he's a HoFer.

That's kind of why I want the Mavs to just grab Dragic and be done. At some point, Dragic will have a sore back and we will need Hardy to come in and that could be his shot.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:58 PM   #997
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Come on you?re really not comparing Luka and Sexton. Nothing I said was trashing him at all. Go watch his games.
How is it not trashing him?

You literally said people would hate him and that he played like the worst parts of THJ's game.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #998
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think I'd rather have get a stop gap like Schroder/Dragic/Kemba until Hardy develops. People can't say Brunson was a bad fit, and then be good with Sexton. I mean, I'd be fine getting him, but I don't see the FO committing that money to him.
Exactly my thoughts.

I like signing McGee, and likely Dragic, for roles that will hopefully be filled by Bingham and Hardy eventually.

Probably too optimistic about Hardy, but I feel he is the one guy on this team that could eventually make us forget about losing Brunson.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #999
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

A big fan of him. That's really great value I really think with more minutes he would've got paid a lot more. I would've been ok with getting Divincenzo and Jalen Smith and calling it a offseason.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #1000
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
*shrug* I'd gladly take him as long as we're buying low.
Yeah I can get behind a young player with potential that's a former top pick coming in here. I'd never look down on that.