Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-27-2023, 11:05 AM   #1081
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Are there any other options out there at this point to help shore up interior presence, both defending and rebounding? Dwight Howard might be the best bet, but I would think Kidd would have championed that by now (or any other team) if he still could contribute. Can they figure out McGee?

Maxi won't be the savior, but he will certainly provide a boost to the defense overall. I still think we are vulnerable to the AD, Jokic, Ayton, etc. types. Hell, we got bullied by Kevon Looney and barely made an effort to address it. So who know...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2023, 11:30 AM   #1082
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

McGee just needs to be played, but it's the same tired want that goes with quite a few players on this roster.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:41 AM   #1083
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
McGee just needs to be played, but it's the same tired want that goes with quite a few players on this roster.
I agree. A good coach would figure out how to use McGee and maybe even Morris at the 5. But the Mavs do not have a good coach. In fact, they do not even have a coach, but rather a fan who sits on the Mavs bench. At least that's how Kidd sees his role. Maybe Cuban should start requiring Kidd to pay for his ticket to the game just like the other Mavs fans.

Last edited by purplefrog; 02-27-2023 at 11:42 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:44 AM   #1084
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree. A good coach would figure out how to use McGee and maybe even Morris at the 5. But the Mavs do not have a good coach. In fact, they do not even have a coach, but rather a fan who sits on the Mavs bench. At least that's how Kidd sees his role. Maybe Cuban should start requiring Kidd to pay for his ticket to the game just like the other Mavs fans.
Well imagine having paid what was the 2nd most expensive Mavs game on record to watch that loss. I'd likely never go to a game again.

I was a season ticket holder for 13 straight seasons and haven't been to a game this year.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-27-2023 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:21 PM   #1085
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well imagine having paid what was the 2nd most expensive Mavs game on record to watch that loss. I'd likely never go to a game again.

I was a season ticket holder for 13 straight seasons and haven't been to a game this year.
I've gone to 1 game in the last 5 or 6 years and it was because I was given a decent ticket. Personally have no interest in everything that involves going to these games. Not even close to worth it for me. The roller coaster ride is fun to watch from home, but the only way I'm going to a game is if a helicopter picks me up at my house and lands on the AAC and I have court side seats that I didn t pay for.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:48 PM   #1086
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I've gone to 1 game in the last 5 or 6 years and it was because I was given a decent ticket. Personally have no interest in everything that involves going to these games. Not even close to worth it for me. The roller coaster ride is fun to watch from home, but the only way I'm going to a game is if a helicopter picks me up at my house and lands on the AAC and I have court side seats that I didn t pay for.
Yeah, and the fact that I'm paying 20 bucks a month just to watch the Mavs on Bally does factor into that.

Now fanatics and their 65% off discounts every week is a different story haha.

And I'm not blaming Luka this year. They ran him to death being too good for the likes of Dragic etc. He has issues, but they are relatively easily fixable IMO.

Kidd's issues are too far gone.

Old 02-27-2023, 06:02 PM   #1087
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Noel bought out. Kidd won't play him though so why bother?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-27-2023 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #1088
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And he?s on the Lakers and Sixers radar and that?s how the NBA works

Everyone can see we?re digging it and miserable under Kidd so don?t blame him
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:22 PM   #1089
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AAC has been voted top arena for concessions, and we know how much Noel loves hot dogs. Done deal
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:26 PM   #1090
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

WCS signs 10 day with Houston.
Seems we could at least have done that.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:41 PM   #1091
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
We like our guys
Old 02-27-2023, 09:55 PM   #1092
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
That's the only guy worse than Dwight Powell.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:01 PM   #1093
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Lure in Noel with a starting spot.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:18 PM   #1094
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

See, yall forget about Frank.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:49 PM   #1095
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Lure in Noel with a starting spot.
Ziiing
Old 02-27-2023, 10:52 PM   #1096
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I might be in the minority here

But I personally felt all year the mavs needed more than just 1 additional player.

Don't get me wrong I like kyrie but I think most opened minded fans could clearly see the biggest issues with this team all year has been rim protection and lack of wing defense.

Kyrie wasn't fixing either of those two issues.

As much as Luka needed help the mavs were still putting up points. They just couldn't stop anyone

But this all started with Cuban thinking he could sign Brunson later as opposed to earlier in the process. You only needed kyrie because you let JB walk.

In theory this team should have cameback this season with a roster consisting of Luka, JB and Wood as your top 3 weapons.

Spencer should have been here as your 3rd ballhandler

Ideally, this team should have went into the trade deadline this year looking to add that extra wing defender to pair with DFS and a competent defensive big.

Had they not botched the JB situation they could have easily added pieces like S.Bey and Noel without giving up the farm. There's your extra wing defender and serviceable big who can defend out in space.

You now have DFS, Green, Bey and Bullock as your wing options defensively with center rotation of Kleber, Noel and Powell

Wood is a much better fit at the 4 next to kleber or Noel when you want to go big

But the mavs screwed this shit up starting with the JB blunder
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:49 AM   #1097
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

But I personally felt all year the mavs needed more than just 1 additional player.

Don't get me wrong I like kyrie but I think most opened minded fans could clearly see the biggest issues with this team all year has been rim protection and lack of wing defense.

As much as Luka needed help the mavs were still putting up points. They just couldn't stop anyone

But this all started with Cuban thinking he could sign Brunson later as opposed to earlier in the process. You only needed kyrie because you let JB walk.

In theory this team should have cameback this season with a roster consisting of Luka, JB and Wood as your top 3 weapons.

Ideally, this team should have went into the trade deadline this year looking to add that extra wing defender to pair with DFS and a competent defensive big.

Had they not botched the JB situation they could have easily added pieces like S.Bey and Noel without giving up the farm. There's your extra wing defender and serviceable big who can defend out in space.

You now have DFS, Green, Bey and Bullock as your wing options defensively with center rotation of Kleber, Noel and Powell

Wood is a much better fit at the 4 next to kleber or Noel when you want to go big

I dont think its a minority opinion at all. Many of us saw a shitshow ahead which is why we were going nuts about Dallas letting JB walk.

Then Cuban tries to correct the mistake he made(a 1st for Wood, Kyrie), and digs a bigger hole, hes lucked out so far that he finally landed a star, but the gaps on this team are so huge now. I think he will be forced to go all in on kyrie.

But your (correct) logic of how they couldve built the team with pieces has never been Cuban's logic unfortunately.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:30 PM   #1098
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dragic waived. Suns or Lakers?

Old 02-28-2023, 03:42 PM   #1099
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Will Barton signing with Toronto
Old 02-28-2023, 05:00 PM   #1100
BPo001
Diamond Member

Bo Cruz (Juancho Hernangomez) released
Old 02-28-2023, 05:04 PM   #1101
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I want the other Luka. I doubt he will be waived, but he's perfect here and has fallen out of the Wolves' plans.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:45 PM   #1102
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

We have the wing defensive starter. Apparently Holiday was always the answer. 1 game and he's probably a lock. Tough luck Josh, thanks for all the hard work.

Old 03-02-2023, 06:42 PM   #1103
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dragic likely to the Bucks. Good, we can put that to rest once and for all.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:12 AM   #1104
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't need a blockbuster this offseason, but we need to leverage Hardy, picks, and maybe Green to get a center.

I'm pissed we didn't make a stronger play for Vanderbilt. I'm 99% sure the Jazz would have taken a package headlined by Hardy for him.

Last edited by tap2390; 03-03-2023 at 10:14 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 10:38 AM   #1105
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
ESPN story on the Milwaukee Bucks emerging as strong frontrunners to sign free agent Goran Dragic: es.pn/3YhOOjB ? 7:07 PM
Old 03-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #1106
tap2390
Diamond Member

We need to go get Noel. He bring the switching ability and rebounding that we are desperate for. Like I said previously, I'd lure him in with a starting spot, and then start:

Kyrie
Green
Luka
Maxi
Noel

it wouldn't be perfect, but it would be enough to contend IMO.

Last edited by tap2390; 03-03-2023 at 10:50 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:06 AM   #1107
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I agree, but there will def be competition to sign Noel. Lot of rumored interest and we have to sell the role between Maxi, Wood, and Powell, though that shouldn't be terribly tough.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:03 PM   #1108
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We need to go get Noel. He bring the switching ability and rebounding that we are desperate for. Like I said previously, I'd lure him in with a starting spot, and then start:

Kyrie
Green
Luka
Maxi
Noel

it wouldn't be perfect, but it would be enough to contend IMO.
I think its too late in the season to be offering starting roles for buyout guys, but to promise a certain number of mpg should be enticing.

(yes i know about Holiday, and Kidd is an idiot)
Old 03-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #1109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Spurs waive Isaiah Roby. Another pick Donnie crapped down the tube for nothing.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:10 PM   #1110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Spurs waive Isaiah Roby. Another pick Donnie crapped down the tube for nothing.
I mean, he was a mid-second rounder. Less than half turn out to be a even a second or third stringer.

Most are DNPs or deep bench.

Striking out on a bad pick isn't super surprising. Beating the odds is in that circumstance.

Donnie deserves flack, but not nailing on a bad pick isn't one of them. Roby actually turned out pretty decent.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-03-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:03 AM   #1111
BPo001
Diamond Member

Noel is signing with Brooklyn. Was really hoping he would come back.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:06 AM   #1112
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Noel is signing with Brooklyn. Was really hoping he would come back.
Mmm the 70 mil dollar debacle probably made that permanent.

Old 03-04-2023, 11:32 AM   #1113
tap2390
Diamond Member

He must?ve wanted to be back in New York for some reason, because the nets make zero sense for him as an upcoming free agent.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:13 PM   #1114
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
He must?ve wanted to be back in New York for some reason, because the nets make zero sense for him as an upcoming free agent.
Nobody said he was a smart man. Agreed though you think he would look to go somewhere where he can get solid minutes to try and secure his next contract. Oh well. Who is left? Ibaka?
Old 03-04-2023, 01:15 PM   #1115
BPo001
Diamond Member

Nets Daily: ESPN amended its reporting on Nerlens Noel signing. It?s a 10-day contract. Teams can sign a player for two consecutive 10-days before deciding whether to keep him. ? via Twitter NetsDaily
Old 03-04-2023, 01:20 PM   #1116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Nets Daily: ESPN amended its reporting on Nerlens Noel signing. It?s a 10-day contract. Teams can sign a player for two consecutive 10-days before deciding whether to keep him. ? via Twitter NetsDaily
Woof. Not a single team offered him an actual veteran minimum contract?

Dude really should have taken 70mill from us. He could be another of our Bertanses but no. 10-day deal it is.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:47 PM   #1117
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nobody said he was a smart man. Agreed though you think he would look to go somewhere where he can get solid minutes to try and secure his next contract. Oh well. Who is left? Ibaka?
The Nets don't have that many bigs

If he came to Dallas I think we all no he would have been buried behind Powell

So why pick when they are 100% committed to Powell as starter no matter what
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote