Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-18-2023, 07:54 AM   #841
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Minus that Wright three, Wood gave them an 11-0 run

If he?s not scoring, he?s beyond bad
9 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals and a block...

He was a +4 to Maxi's -11. If Maxi didn't nail that three, then we'd all have a very different reaction to this game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2023, 08:39 AM   #842
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

90% of the problem with Wood is the lack of consistent minutes and role. I get he?s not the best screener or defender, and can sometimes be a chucker, but IMO if he had consistent coaching he?d be more than serviceable.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:28 AM   #843
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I really admire Wood?s attitude. The way Kidd has been messing with him would drive anyone with a big ego nuts. Just remember one day, you can say the Mavs had Luka, Kyrie and Wood and the coach messed it up.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #844
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

i'm sure Wood made some usual mistakes but dang he made some nice plays too - some great passes, and competed on defense with his length, and overall contributed even though his shot wasn't always falling.

in contrast, could be worse... D'Angelo Russell was probably our mvp - bricking shot after shot. I'd much rather have wood than russell...

also, some interesting line ups - i saw wood, powell, AND bertans all out there at one point... and why the heck was Pinson it at the end of the game?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:38 AM   #845
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Honest opinion

On that last play would Luka had passed the ball or taken a tough step back 3?

I believe with 6 seconds left he would have dribbled the clock down and took the step back 3
Watching the game I honestly wondered where we?d be if we traded Luka for some good support pieces. Kyrie and a good supporting cast could be solid.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:43 AM   #846
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
I really admire Wood?s attitude. The way Kidd has been messing with him would drive anyone with a big ego nuts. Just remember one day, you can say the Mavs had Luka, Kyrie and Wood and the coach messed it up.
Kidd is doing the same thing to Hardy. Guy gives everything he had with all the team injuries and gets 6 minutes this game as his reward.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:49 AM   #847
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of trading Luka is bad. But if you toy with that idea, it's because of our coach and Owner have been fumbling the ball. If you toy with that idea, yo DO get a big haul back. But you DO NOT try to build around Kyrie, one of thr biggest wild cards in the sport.

I think Kai dueces out this offseason still. I hope not but I think Wood and Kai are gone leaving us 2 voids to fill and we start the season with another build that will take time to gel and won't have as much potential.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:01 AM   #848
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Jaden Hardy with 5 mins is such a mental screw up. Kidd is ruining Wood and Hardy. Kyrie off and injury plays 38 mins. Really good management. I really am beginning to dislike it.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:30 AM   #849
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The idea of trading Luka is bad. But if you toy with that idea, it's because of our coach and Owner have been fumbling the ball. If you toy with that idea, yo DO get a big haul back. But you DO NOT try to build around Kyrie, one of thr biggest wild cards in the sport.

I think Kai dueces out this offseason still. I hope not but I think Wood and Kai are gone leaving us 2 voids to fill and we start the season with another build that will take time to gel and won't have as much potential.
It's more like a Kyrie S&T for something the Lakers have. Davis? Vanderbilt? Russell?

I know there was a single source saying the Lakers won't go after Kyrie...BS.

Old 03-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #850
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Kidd is doing the same thing to Hardy. Guy gives everything he had with all the team injuries and gets 6 minutes this game as his reward.
I don?t get this either. He also sort of did it to Green. It?s either more of the fabled Kidd ?mind games? or something is seriously cognitively off with the guy. He doesn?t sound all there when he speaks.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:49 PM   #851
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's more like a Kyrie S&T for something the Lakers have. Davis? Vanderbilt? Russell?

I know there was a single source saying the Lakers won't go after Kyrie...BS.
Massive usual tampering cover up.

Kai has really said all the right things and is trusting of the guys here. I'd love for this to be just who he is now, but I don't trust it. Not at all. Not yet. If we get a snt out if him leaving , I call that a win. If we re-sign him and he wants to be here, I'll be ecstatic.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 02:05 PM   #852
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
i'm sure Wood made some usual mistakes but dang he made some nice plays too - some great passes, and competed on defense with his length, and overall contributed even though his shot wasn't always falling.

in contrast, could be worse... D'Angelo Russell was probably our mvp - bricking shot after shot. I'd much rather have wood than russell...

also, some interesting line ups - i saw wood, powell, AND bertans all out there at one point... and why the heck was Pinson it at the end of the game?
I'm not saying Pinson deserves minutes but ask yourself how many times this year have we seen terrible inbounds passes late in games from guys like kleber and THJ?

In that situation Pinson at least remained calm and made a solid inbounds pass to kyrie

It seems like a simple thing to do but Dallas has has issues with different guys panicking just to inbounds the ball in pressure situations.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:19 PM   #853
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Jaden Hardy with 5 mins is such a mental screw up. Kidd is ruining Wood and Hardy. Kyrie off and injury plays 38 mins. Really good management. I really am beginning to dislike it.
Kidd has literal brainworms. It makes no sense that he keeps proving himself, then is relegated to nothing if Kyrie and/or Luka plays.

I expect Luka to come back and Kyrie to sit soon to manage his foot.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:15 PM   #854
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm a little surprised Kyrie didnt flip it to Hardaway who was closer and clock was getting close to 0.
You?ve probably seen it by now, but Kyrie said that he noticed Davis was too out of position to be able to pressure Maxi?s shot.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:44 PM   #855
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
You?ve probably seen it by now, but Kyrie said that he noticed Davis was too out of position to be able to pressure Maxi?s shot.
ThJ most likely would have bricked the shot

So I'm glad the ball went elsewhere
Old 03-19-2023, 04:46 PM   #856
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just happy that we finally realized that we have other players
Old 03-20-2023, 12:19 PM   #857
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kyrie, Luka, Morris, and THJ all questionable for tonight
Old 03-20-2023, 06:46 PM   #858
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka and Morris out

THJ and Kyrie in
Old 03-20-2023, 07:34 PM   #859
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao at Frank being in the game before Hardy.

Kidd is so stupid
Old 03-20-2023, 07:52 PM   #860
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lmao at Frank being in the game before Hardy.

Kidd is so stupid
Thankfully Frank is finally making shots, but the Hardy stuff is no different than the CWood stuff. Coach just doesn't like them.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:10 PM   #861
Melonhead
Guru

Scrub ass Brooks can only foul for his tough defense.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:15 PM   #862
Melonhead
Guru

I really really hope Luka is doing some self reflection with how Kyrie handles himself (on the court and locker room) and communicates with his teammates.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:30 PM   #863
Melonhead
Guru

Well that might be the season.

Edit: Kyrie is still in phew

Last edited by Melonhead; 03-20-2023 at 08:35 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:03 PM   #864
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Poor Hardy would already be a star if not for Kidd.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:04 PM   #865
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Just pathetic watching these guys rebound. It?s like not a single one of them was ever taught how to box out before.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:13 PM   #866
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Phantom foul on Powell when Jackson initiated any if at all contact. Here comes the home cooking in Memphis
Old 03-20-2023, 09:17 PM   #867
Melonhead
Guru

Imploding all quarter
Old 03-20-2023, 09:18 PM   #868
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This team is unredeemable
Old 03-20-2023, 09:19 PM   #869
JTmoney2424

Kyrie clearly can?t make a shot post injury and the only player who can is Hardy and he?s on the bench. Why?
Old 03-20-2023, 09:21 PM   #870
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

-19 in a quarter and change
Old 03-20-2023, 09:21 PM   #871
Melonhead
Guru

Whole team standing around hoping Kyrie makes something out of nothing?

Where have I seen that before.

(Kidd gonna grind Kyrie into the ground too with Luka out)
Old 03-20-2023, 09:22 PM   #872
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:22 PM   #873
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

9 point 4th quarter lol
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:22 PM   #874
JTmoney2424

Bullock is such trash. I?ve never seen a player miss so many wide open shots.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:23 PM   #875
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I don?t get the attitude, ?just get to the playoffs and see what happens?

No, this is what will happen. Grizzlies are playoff ball with physical play and bigs.

Although it?s too late to tank and keep our pick to Knicks about to get a really good 11-15 pick
Old 03-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #876
Simon2
Diamond Member

As usual, Kidd with a fantastic play to get a three for the Mavs. Its basically give the ball to Kyrie. Its just sad.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #877
Melonhead
Guru

Mavs suck
Old 03-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #878
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:25 PM   #879
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Dillon Brooks is so cringey. I bet his teammates don?t even like him.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:26 PM   #880
Dallas41
Diamond Member

The only thing this team is consistent at doing is blowing double digit leads