Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-30-2023, 01:07 PM   #1201
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So many things to blame

1) the league just got better
2) The rule changes made defense harder and we were already running a totally contraption-based defense that was held together with scotch tape
3) We ran Luka too hard. He had to put up 50 every night which lead to him having really poor defense
4) Which led to no defensive accountability
5) Which was worsened by his lack of conditioning
6) Wood was probably mistreated, but also lead to a lot of poor defense
7) Kidd jerked around the S5 and rotations mercilessly so no one got comfortable
8) Kidd set no clear roles so guys are uncomfortable doing their thing (just look at Kleber hesitating to shoot
9) While Luka dominated the ball, the rest of the guys never got touches and the team lost trust in one another leading to shooting slumps
10) Kidd is just a dick
Agree with all of that above. Last but not least in terms of team building during the Luka era - we picked the wrong guy in 2020 with all due respect to the regressing Josh Green. Desmond Bane would have been tremendous alongside Luka. Nobody in the league makes 25 points look more effortless than Bane.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2023, 01:15 PM   #1202
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I totally agree. It is totally amazing that a 23 year old now barely 24 year old kid who runs around 2 plus hours every other night could actually get flabby and heavier as the season progresses. It is not the lack of exercise but instead a lack of caloric discipline. He is obviously eating and potentially drinking too much. Remember kids there is no amount of exercise you can't out eat if you are not careful. Perhaps skipping some meals or even whole days of eating on non game days might help Luka finally get lean.
side note fasting for 3 weeks helped me lose 12 pounds before a wedding. But I wasnt doing any high intense activity those weeks.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:16 PM   #1203
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Agree with all of that above. Last but not least in terms of team building during the Luka era - we picked the wrong guy in 2020 with all due respect to the regressing Josh Green. Desmond Bane would have been tremendous alongside Luka. Nobody in the league makes 25 points look more effortless than Bane.
Totally disagree. Green is long, quick, and strong. We need a 3/D guy who can be a secondary playmaker and Green is perfect in that role. too bad Kidd is a piece of @#$ who doesn't see that. His defense is way better and his peak is way higher.

If Kidd wasn't an asshole, Green could be putting up 20-5-5 too. Green has better defensive numbers, better defensive upside, better IQ, etc.

We've drafted incredibly well. Luka, Green, and Hardy with mostly terrible picks. The drafting lately isn't the problem. The problem is coaching and the terrible position we've been in to get vets in trade/free-agency.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-30-2023 at 01:17 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:23 PM   #1204
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ma..._dmn_mavericks

Nico's response to the great Kidd question...

Quote:
Harrison: I think Jason?s done a great job, starting with the top, making sure Luka and Kyrie are communicating and on the same page, which he?s done well. I think it?s tough for a coach every day. A lot of times you guys think we?re being cute when you?re like ?Hey, are they playing today?? And we?re like ?Yeah, we don?t know yet.? You?re like ?Yeah, they know,? but we?re looking at each other like, ?Hey, what do you think??

If you?re Jason, how do you game plan when you don?t know who?s available? I think he?s been put in a tough position. I think what Jason?s done really well is he?s really dug into being positive with all the uncertainty. It?s easy to start pointing fingers. He?s really dug into being positive, and I think that?s super helpful. I think the guys can feel the positive energy and again, I think he?s been in a tough position.

Honestly, we weren?t playing good before the trade, so the trade was never going to be a magic pill all of a sudden, but we did expect those guys to play more games together to figure each other out. Again, I?m not really worried about those two figuring each other out. It?s the players around them.
Pretty astounding how he defends Kidd here while throwing every player not named Luka or Kyrie under the bus.

Gee, who put this team together?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:25 PM   #1205
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at the remaining schedule and the Pelicans could very well lose all their remaining games:

3/30 @Denver
4/1 Clippers
4/4 Kings
4/5 Grizzlies
4/7 Knicks
4/9 @Timberwolves

Mavs series with Pelicans is 2-2
Old 03-30-2023, 01:58 PM   #1206
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Totally disagree. Green is long, quick, and strong. We need a 3/D guy who can be a secondary playmaker and Green is perfect in that role. too bad Kidd is a piece of @#$ who doesn't see that. His defense is way better and his peak is way higher.

If Kidd wasn't an asshole, Green could be putting up 20-5-5 too. Green has better defensive numbers, better defensive upside, better IQ, etc.

We've drafted incredibly well. Luka, Green, and Hardy with mostly terrible picks. The drafting lately isn't the problem. The problem is coaching and the terrible position we've been in to get vets in trade/free-agency.
I will respectfully disagree with your disagreement. Have you seen Bane play next to Ja and totally create his own shot etc. He isn't a horrible defender and is also a tough guy like Green. Green will likely never be a plus offensive player.
Old 03-30-2023, 02:22 PM   #1207
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Agreeing with two of the above comments: something seems cognitively off with Kidd. I think I mentioned this months ago. Not only does he struggle with making simple in game coaching decisions, most of what comes out of his mouth is absurd.

This is a male or break off-season for Luka. How he responds will tell us everything we need to know. He either wants to be one of the greatest or he?s content just being another great and relatively ?coasting.? We aren?t winning a championship without an all in Luka.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:45 PM   #1208
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
side note fasting for 3 weeks helped me lose 12 pounds before a wedding. But I wasnt doing any high intense activity those weeks.
Intermittent fasting is where it's at. I'm a seasoned Ultra Endurance Athlete (runner) on the side of my career. (I'm 45, btw). I burn a ton of calories through rigorous training, but even I still adhere to intermittent fasting as it does wonders to my gut health. I eat dinner at 5:30PM and then that's it - nothing until 4AM which is when I wake up to train. This gives me an 11 hour fast and I wake up feeling wonderful.

Aerobic training is what Luka has to adopt this offseason. Consistent aerobic training will train his body to use oxygen more efficiently. But more importantly, train his heart to operate lower at all times (while resting, functioning as normal, training and playing games) as a lower overall heart rate demands less energy. And when you're more aerobically fit, you simply have more in the tank which helps you practice/pursue your trade.

I'm a firm believer that you can't play good defense if you're not in tremendous shape!
Old 03-30-2023, 03:15 PM   #1209
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Intermittent fasting is where it's at. I'm a seasoned Ultra Endurance Athlete (runner) on the side of my career. (I'm 45, btw). I burn a ton of calories through rigorous training, but even I still adhere to intermittent fasting as it does wonders to my gut health. I eat dinner at 5:30PM and then that's it - nothing until 4AM which is when I wake up to train. This gives me an 11 hour fast and I wake up feeling wonderful.

Aerobic training is what Luka has to adopt this offseason. Consistent aerobic training will train his body to use oxygen more efficiently. But more importantly, train his heart to operate lower at all times (while resting, functioning as normal, training and playing games) as a lower overall heart rate demands less energy. And when you're more aerobically fit, you simply have more in the tank which helps you practice/pursue your trade.

I'm a firm believer that you can't play good defense if you're not in tremendous shape!
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. I think I?m going to try intermittent fasting myself. So the key is that 12 hour block, and not to eat to close to bed time, correct? I would have to do something like 9pm-9am as I get out of work/gym later. Do you fast at other times or just overnight?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:52 PM   #1210
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. I think I?m going to try intermittent fasting myself. So the key is that 12 hour block, and not to eat to close to bed time, correct? I would have to do something like 9pm-9am as I get out of work/gym later. Do you fast at other times or just overnight?
I'll PM you so we can keep this thread dedicated to basketball.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:59 PM   #1211
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ultra endurance athlete is impressive. I've slowly adopted intermittent after a probably not super healthy fast before the wedding. Like you I dont eat after 6:30ish, and dont eat again until 630-7 the next morning. 12 hours is about the best I can do without forcing it. I know a lot of people do 14-16 hours, but I cant do that consistently.

Exercising, I never had the endurance growing up. I hated running, even though I played sports my whole life. I was one of the slowest on the bball team besides the centers when we ran around the track everyday. I force myself to get on the treadmill 2-3 times a week now. Im 35 ftr.

Last edited by Melonhead; 03-30-2023 at 04:05 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:19 PM   #1212
washedklean77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ultra endurance athlete is impressive. I've slowly adopted intermittent after a probably not super healthy fast before the wedding. Like you I dont eat after 6:30ish, and dont eat again until 630-7 the next morning. 12 hours is about the best I can do without forcing it. I know a lot of people do 14-16 hours, but I cant do that consistently.

Exercising, I never had the endurance growing up. I hated running, even though I played sports my whole life. I was one of the slowest on the bball team besides the centers when we ran around the track everyday. I force myself to get on the treadmill 2-3 times a week now. Im 35 ftr.
This was my response to Mac, btw. I've received a few PM's about it so it appears that others are interested in it.

-------
A solid intermittent fasting interval while you sleep will absolutely improve your gut health as it provides a repair interval for the microbiome that lives in your gut. An unhealthy gut can really leave you feeling like crap and if you've experience this, you know what I'm talking about!

What I love about the intermittent fasting at night are a handful of things: 1) You're less likely to wear your calories to bed. Giving your body ample time to digest your food while being awake is most ideal. 2) In building on bullet 1, you position your body well for optimal rest when you sleep w/o a full tummy. Digestion requires energy which then causes an elevated heart rate. And when your body is working through digestion while attempting to rest, you'll pretty much forego any opportunity of deep and REM sleep. (these are the critical sleep cycles for physical and cognitive repair). 3. Improved gut health. Lets face it - waking up in the morning can be tough so the last thing that we want to do is to wake up and feel like crap.

There are folks out there that claim that 5-6 smaller meals are better for you than a handful of larger meals and I tend to lean on the smaller number of meals. Why? Because when you're constantly eating, you're constantly requiring your body to live in a digestive state and if you're not careful with your definition of moderation, then you'll wreck yourself and your gut.

I've learned that we feel our best when we're living in a balanced caloric state which means that we're consuming and burning an equal number of calories each day. And if you're enduring a time where you're trying to lean out a bit, then reduce your calories a bit to achieve a caloric deficit. Knowing the difference between being hungry and not satisfied will be cornerstone for your intermittent fasting journey. And once you learn to be disciplined about it, you'll learn just as I did that we absolutely consume more food than we require to function. Even as an athlete.

Last edited by washedklean77; 03-30-2023 at 04:24 PM.
washedklean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #1213
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Here we are in year 4 or 5 still saying Luka will be better as he matures when it comes to his fitness and leadership

At this point I personally don't think Luka will ever change his preparation or commitment to staying in shape. I don't think he will ever stop complaining about the refs.

Usually guys who are committed to their fitness like LeBron and Giannis committ to that from day one.

Luka is like Carmello he will get by on his athletic skill for as long as he can without putting in the extra time for fitness.

But also don't expect Luka to play 12-15 years in this league. I think he's the type who will play at high a level for 8-10 years and just bounce out.

The real issues is how long will he stick around here waiting on cuban and Nico to get shit done.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:19 PM   #1214
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

^Yeah, all of this and a big bag of ducks. We're screwed.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:46 PM   #1215
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Here we are in year 4 or 5 still saying Luka will be better as he matures when it comes to his fitness and leadership

At this point I personally don't think Luka will ever change his preparation or commitment to staying in shape. I don't think he will ever stop complaining about the refs.

Usually guys who are committed to their fitness like LeBron and Giannis committ to that from day one.

Luka is like Carmello he will get by on his athletic skill for as long as he can without putting in the extra time for fitness.

But also don't expect Luka to play 12-15 years in this league. I think he's the type who will play at high a level for 8-10 years and just bounce out.

The real issues is how long will he stick around here waiting on cuban and Nico to get shit done.
Luka actually was in better shape to start this season because he had just played overseas. Guy was putting up prime Jordan numbers.

Bigger problem this time around was doing too much and then having to carry the team on his back.

Lot of us called it back before the season started that he would be run down by mid season.

I obviously agree he needs to take better care of himself, but I don't think that was going to have a ton of impact in this specific season.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-30-2023 at 06:46 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:57 PM   #1216
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Watching New Orleans just makes you realize how flawed this mavs roster is

Dallas might be the only team in the NBA that is allergic to driving the ball tp the basket.

Pelicans even without Zion still try to attack the paint. They shoot 3's but they also have multiple guys who can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim.

I think that is why Dallas struggles so much in close games late because they no longer have JB who would attack the paint as opposed to settle for the 3

Luka at times will totally stop driving and settle for step back 3"s way too often. That's why him JB and Dinwiddie were tough to defend because it wasn't just all 3's being shot in close games

Guys like THJ and Wood are going to launch the 1st open 3 point shot they get. They don't really stay aggressive trying to drive the ball.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:20 PM   #1217
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Luka on where the mavs are in the standings

"We still have chances, so we shouldn't give up yet."

Not sure about that unless they finish up like 5-0 or 4-1 because they don't even own any tie breakers

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-30-2023 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:43 AM   #1218
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Derozan would have changed this team. That type of player is who we need on thr wing. Even more than Kyrie. We need a Mobil semi intelligent big and we need a 2 way wing or someone with size who can get buckets, pass and reb.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:17 PM   #1219
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Derozan would have changed this team. That type of player is who we need on thr wing. Even more than Kyrie. We need a Mobil semi intelligent big and we need a 2 way wing or someone with size who can get buckets, pass and reb.
DeRozan is who they should've targeted few years ago but te FO was too hellbent on only getting guys who space the floor around Luka.

Rc said the post up and mid range shots were no longer good shots in today's NBA.

What I also find baffling is that the mavs refuse to play two bigs together most of the game.

Yet look at Minnesota, Cleveland, Utah, NY and Atlanta those teams often play two bigs at the same time and not all their bigs are stretch bigs

Dallas reluctantance to play that way is why they repeatedly rank year after year in the bottom 5 for rebounding.

Each one of those teams play a traditional big next to a stretch big together

Dallas very rarely wmhas used McGee next to Wood and Kleber as the stretch bigs this year
Old 03-31-2023, 02:07 PM   #1220
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Luka is one of the very few superstars in the history of the league that falls out of shape as the season progresses. And this is not unique to this season as it has become a trend.
Last season, the narrative was that he came into the season out of shape, and played his way into shape. He shot like 20% from 3 in the first half of the season, and like 45% in the second half of the season, and the culprit was thought to be his fitness. Not sure about this trend hypothesis.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 03:38 PM   #1221
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DeRozan is who they should've targeted few years ago but te FO was too hellbent on only getting guys who space the floor around Luka.

Rc said the post up and mid range shots were no longer good shots in today's NBA.

What I also find baffling is that the mavs refuse to play two bigs together most of the game.

Yet look at Minnesota, Cleveland, Utah, NY and Atlanta those teams often play two bigs at the same time and not all their bigs are stretch bigs

Dallas reluctantance to play that way is why they repeatedly rank year after year in the bottom 5 for rebounding.

Each one of those teams play a traditional big next to a stretch big together

Dallas very rarely wmhas used McGee next to Wood and Kleber as the stretch bigs this year
Wood and McGee as starting bigs was never a real thought for Kidd. It was the start of his downfall for me. You run those 2 in the slu for at least 20 games. Exhaust that option and get/show proof that it isn't working.

The other teams you mention have one of their 2 bigs who can be a shot blocker and or at least a mobile big who also switch and recover. Maybe McGee and Wood have that capability but we will never ever know. I would have still tried it. We spent years watch RC cater and counter other teams lineups instead of forcing adjustments. Kidd didn't even try. He fulfilled the minimal version of McGee starting but never ran another actual big along side and apparently we still don't have the data that tells him we are baaaaad at rebounding.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:04 PM   #1222
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wood and McGee as starting bigs was never a real thought for Kidd. It was the start of his downfall for me. You run those 2 in the slu for at least 20 games. Exhaust that option and get/show proof that it isn't working.

The other teams you mention have one of their 2 bigs who can be a shot blocker and or at least a mobile big who also switch and recover. Maybe McGee and Wood have that capability but we will never ever know. I would have still tried it. We spent years watch RC cater and counter other teams lineups instead of forcing adjustments. Kidd didn't even try. He fulfilled the minimal version of McGee starting but never ran another actual big along side and apparently we still don't have the data that tells him we are baaaaad at rebounding.
Kidd would rather play Bullock, THJ, or Holiday at the 4 than give McGee or Morris some minutes.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:31 PM   #1223
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Kidd would rather play Bullock, THJ, or Holiday at the 4 than give McGee or Morris some minutes.
Yep

He's trying to use those guys to replace DFS at the 4 and neither of them have the size or length as DFS to play that position

Then when play Powell or kleber at center with other little guys you compound the situation even more

I'm actually shocked at this because Kidd was apart of that lakers staff that played 2 bigs together doing their title year in the bubble

Then he said coming into this season he wanted the mavs to get bigger and yet he's playing a bunch of midget ball lineups
Old 04-01-2023, 09:47 AM   #1224
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Kyrie is going to the Heat and Luka asked to be traded to the Lakers
Old 04-01-2023, 02:05 PM   #1225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Kyrie is going to the Heat and Luka asked to be traded to the Lakers
Lawl what
Old 04-01-2023, 06:47 PM   #1226
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Butler is going to foul THJ out this game by halftime
Old 04-01-2023, 06:54 PM   #1227
Dallas41
Diamond Member

I literally hate Dwight Powell's game
Old 04-01-2023, 06:57 PM   #1228
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Worst fucking rebounding team in the NBA
Old 04-01-2023, 07:08 PM   #1229
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Miami has scored less than 95 points in their last two games and yet they have 40 on the mavs already
Old 04-01-2023, 08:04 PM   #1230
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Fucking Luka and Powell are trash ass defensively

Kidd can't be this fucking dumb to keep allowing these two to get destroyed

Powell is literally no fuckibg resistance to zeller

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-01-2023 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:07 PM   #1231
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

If we lose out can we get top 8 pick??
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:26 PM   #1232
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Wood displaying the low b-ball iq as usual

Dude always makes dumb mistakes at critical times
Old 04-01-2023, 08:39 PM   #1233
Dallas41
Diamond Member

They just keep asking Luka to defend butler
Old 04-01-2023, 09:06 PM   #1234
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Our team is trash. We aren't going anywhere without a competent big man. I hate to say it but I am all for the tank at this point. I don't want to watch Dwight Powell get destroyed in the playoffs. There are too many dominant centers/power forwards in the west.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:14 PM   #1235
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

This team just completely fell apart defensively without DFS. They can?t even win when they shoot 60%.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:18 PM   #1236
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

How many teams have ever lost with the shooting numbers we put up today? It can?t be many.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:22 PM   #1237
Zeus

Josh Green is garbage. Full stop.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:28 PM   #1238
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Our team is trash. We aren't going anywhere without a competent big man. I hate to say it but I am all for the tank at this point. I don't want to watch Dwight Powell get destroyed in the playoffs. There are too many dominant centers/power forwards in the west.
It's actually pathetic that he got outplayed by Cody zeller a dude who wasn't even on an NBA roster 2 months ago

That is how bad Powell is and yet cuban, kids and Nico all love this guy.

Sam Mitchell on nba TV at halftime said it's mind-boggling how the mavs expect to play drop coverage defense with Powell as your rim protector

He threw shade at the coaching and front office because of their reluctance to keep starting him.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:45 PM   #1239
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good loss
Old 04-01-2023, 10:01 PM   #1240
Zeus

Quote:
It's actually pathetic that he got outplayed by Cody zeller a dude who wasn't even on an NBA roster 2 months ago

That is how bad Powell is and yet cuban, kids and Nico all love this guy.

Sam Mitchell on nba TV at halftime said it's mind-boggling how the mavs expect to play drop coverage defense with Powell as your rim protector

He threw shade at the coaching and front office because of their reluctance to keep starting him.
I am sure we will run back everyone next year from Kidd to Green to THJ to Powell to Kleber.