Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2023, 11:18 AM   #481
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Edit: Wrong thread lol

Last edited by saclare; 05-16-2023 at 11:19 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2023, 01:03 PM   #482
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Someone jokingly said we keep Wood to play next to Ayton. It seemed silly at first, but then it kinda made sense. I know Wood is gone, but if Kidd didn't ruin him, then we would have a lot more front court options.
Well we woukd have no defensive anchor or guys we trust to stay engaged. I think we'd have a more expensive version of last year's chaos. We need a guy that Kidd refuses to bench

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 03:09 PM   #483
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...1b2174c43&ei=8

Pacers/Blazers after Ayton? Mavs should get Turner before he is part of deal to Suns.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 05:03 PM   #484
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Championship caliber teams firing their coaches and we?re stuck with Kidd.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #485
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

IF...we trade for a center the only target of interest to me is Myles Turner.

My preference would be to shore that up without using the #10 pick so we can add a young solid piece to Luka, Hardy, and Green. Re-sign Kyrie and work the scenarios of draft and/or trade in parallel. Not sure of options to obtain without the pick, but I'm sure we will dig in. I know I will once I have some time and will share those here.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:37 AM   #486
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the BT has a good read on Kyrie. If he isn't staying, then Cason Wallace makes a LOT of sense at #10.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:32 AM   #487
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yeah....that's real telling.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:34 AM   #488
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Cuban has been just an awful owner lately that it really boggles the mind.

I can't really be optimistic about anything as long as Kidd is coach. And there are a plethora of choices now...Bud, Nurse, Williams, Rivers, Bugs Bunny etc.

Shoulda fired Kidd and hired Nurse before all of these other guys got fired. Terrible, terrible management.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:15 PM   #489
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

I big guard may make sense even if KI stays. I'd still favor JHS over Wallace but either way I wouldnt complain since Mavs get to do the up close evaluation. JHS is 20-30 pounds of muscle heavier, 6'6" with 6'9" wingspan and outstanding with the ball in his hands controlling pace, creating for himself and teammates. I'd give Wallace the edge defensively but JHS is very solid defender.

https://twitter.com/ClifMarshall/sta...872091138?s=20

How does Bertans contract work? Seems someone in the league might want to unload a long term salary for him. Appears that you could get out of Bertans deal for 5 mil in 24/25 so longterm might only be 22 mil. Could be more of a trade deadline trade asset.

I am not a big fan of trading pick for a vet but let's see who that vet is when they do it. I'd ctually rather trade a vet to Blazers like THJ if he makes Dame happy and get the pick in the 20's.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:18 PM   #490
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Been saying this since they decided to tank. Luka don't give a shit about some rookie 10th pick

So trade it

Bleacher report

Dallas Mavericks receive: Myles Turner

Indiana Pacers receive: Dāvis Bertāns, Jaden Hardy and No. 10 pick

Dallas' best-case scenario of leaping into the top four didn't come to fruition, but at least it avoided the disastrous possibility of falling back from No. 10 and owing this selection to the New York Knicks. This pick now gives the Mavericks a legitimate trade chip, and they needed one in the worst kind of way, since they're already worried about Luka Dončić getting a wandering eye.

The No. 10 pick may not do too much for Dončić, but sending it out as part of a package for interior anchor Myles Turner absolutely would.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #491
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@MavsFilmRoom
?
5h
The Ringer has the Mavericks taking Houston F Jarace Walker in their first post lottery mock draft at number 10

ESPN has the Mavericks taking UCF F Taylor Hendricks in their first post lottery mock draft at number 10

Either selection would be great at 10🤝
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 01:55 PM   #492
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
@MavsFilmRoom
?
5h
The Ringer has the Mavericks taking Houston F Jarace Walker in their first post lottery mock draft at number 10

ESPN has the Mavericks taking UCF F Taylor Hendricks in their first post lottery mock draft at number 10

Either selection would be great at 10🤝

Trading it or trading back of one of those two aren't there. Tankathon is more reliable imo and neither are there at 10.

Not a terrible chance one of them falls, but the FO certainly better have a biiig backup plan.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:21 PM   #493
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Been saying this since they decided to tank. Luka don't give a shit about some rookie 10th pick

So trade it

Bleacher report

Dallas Mavericks receive: Myles Turner

Indiana Pacers receive: Dāvis Bertāns, Jaden Hardy and No. 10 pick

Dallas' best-case scenario of leaping into the top four didn't come to fruition, but at least it avoided the disastrous possibility of falling back from No. 10 and owing this selection to the New York Knicks. This pick now gives the Mavericks a legitimate trade chip, and they needed one in the worst kind of way, since they're already worried about Luka Dončić getting a wandering eye.

The No. 10 pick may not do too much for Dončić, but sending it out as part of a package for interior anchor Myles Turner absolutely would.
They can have the pick OR Hardy, certainly not both. I think they'd favor THJ in a deal like that anyway and there may even be a way to pry Hield from them in that scenario.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:51 PM   #494
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn?t give Hardy or #10 for Turner? straight up. Let alone both. Just draft Lively or Walker at 10 and have a cost controlled core of Hardy, Green and Walker/Lively to go with Luka.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:59 PM   #495
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The Hardy situation is an interesting one. It's not dissimilar from Roddy b in which it was rumored we turned down the 10th pick from Indiana which turned out to be Paul George.

You take big a risk not keeping and developing and also trading him.

Old 05-17-2023, 05:00 PM   #496
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Lively is two years away from being two years away. I would literally rather have TJD.

I personally hope we keep #10 and acquire a second late first/ early second. This is one of the deepest drafts I've ever seen. It's reminiscent of 2020.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:36 PM   #497
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Lively is two years away from being two years away. I would literally rather have TJD.

I personally hope we keep #10 and acquire a second late first/ early second. This is one of the deepest drafts I've ever seen. It's reminiscent of 2020.
Lively does need a ton of work. I have a feeling he would be extremely foul prone for a couple years. Great upside though. Would have to give him 10-15 a night rookie season and then 20-25 in year two and hope by year 3-3 and a half you have a reliable starter. Like the Nets did with Claxton. I think Claxton averaged 12.5 mins his rookie year.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:32 PM   #498
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I wouldn?t give Hardy or #10 for Turner? straight up. Let alone both. Just draft Lively or Walker at 10 and have a cost controlled core of Hardy, Green and Walker/Lively to go with Luka.
I think some of you are tripping if you think Luka is sticking around waiting for young guys to develope

I'm pretty sure he's watching Denver and seeing how they've put the right pieces in place around his buddy jokic

That clock is ticking for Luka and as much as some of you want to wait for rookies or 2nd year guys to develope if this team finishes 7th or 8th seed next year trying to develope guys or miss the playoffs again Luka is most likely going to want out asap

He ain't sticking around waiting for a roster to win down the road
Old 05-17-2023, 07:24 PM   #499
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think some of you are tripping if you think Luka is sticking around waiting for young guys to develope

I'm pretty sure he's watching Denver and seeing how they've put the right pieces in place around his buddy jokic

That clock is ticking for Luka and as much as some of you want to wait for rookies or 2nd year guys to develope if this team finishes 7th or 8th seed next year trying to develope guys or miss the playoffs again Luka is most likely going to want out asap

In fairness, you?re probably right. I personally wouldn?t trade 10 or Hardy for Turner. I would make it my mission to build something sustainable. But I guess we are past that, especially after the Kyrie trade.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:09 PM   #500
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
In fairness, you?re probably right. I personally wouldn?t trade 10 or Hardy for Turner. I would make it my mission to build something sustainable. But I guess we are past that, especially after the Kyrie trade.
I'm not that sold on Hardy tbh

Someone else mentioned earlier his situation sort of reminds me of Roddy B after his rookie year when the mavs made him untouchable overrating his talent

If you could finally land a legit starting center like Turner to add to Luka and kyrie you have to do because this team is in win now mode with those two guys on the roster.

I was listening to 105.3 the fan today and Tim Cato discussed this same situation. That 10th Pick is more likely to land a guy who needs further development to help this team down the road and unfortunately you don't have that time if you want to appease Luka

You got to try and go for it now.....

Siakam, OG Anouby, Turner or Grant are proven players who help you win now
Old 05-17-2023, 11:45 PM   #501
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not that sold on Hardy tbh

Someone else mentioned earlier his situation sort of reminds me of Roddy B after his rookie year when the mavs made him untouchable overrating his talent

If you could finally land a legit starting center like Turner to add to Luka and kyrie you have to do because this team is in win now mode with those two guys on the roster.

I was listening to 105.3 the fan today and Tim Cato discussed this same situation. That 10th Pick is more likely to land a guy who needs further development to help this team down the road and unfortunately you don't have that time if you want to appease Luka

You got to try and go for it now.....

Siakam, OG Anouby, Turner or Grant are proven players who help you win now
Not sure we have the assets for Siakam or OG. In fact I?m almost 100% certain we don?t. Unless Toronto loves Hardy (which if they do might be a clue not to trade him) Hardy is on a GREAT contract. His ceiling is all-star. I?m not saying he?ll get there, but I was a skeptic and the guy totally won me over. He has ?it.? He shot 40% from 3. Looks like he belongs. And is a gym rat. I would have to be blown away to trade him on the contract we have him on. Isn?t it possible he comes back better and stronger and scores 15ppg off the bench for us next season on efficient shooting and with better defense? Id for sure want to find if I was MBT before dealing him this summer.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-17-2023 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2023, 03:00 AM   #502
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very intrigued with Lively now that Wemby is in our division. Lively's ability to guard the whole court with his size and length is rare and he might be able to somewhat hang with Wemby.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Mavs trade back to around 20 where Lively is expected to get picked and acquire a wing defender in the process.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:12 AM   #503
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm very intrigued with Lively now that Wemby is in our division. Lively's ability to guard the whole court with his size and length is rare and he might be able to somewhat hang with Wemby.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Mavs trade back to around 20 where Lively is expected to get picked and acquire a wing defender in the process.
I suggested something like this earlier.

Thing about the draft is that you just don't know who will be good or when they will contribute.

Hardy largely came on big because we lack overall talent.

So people say Lively is 4 years from anything when we ARE STARTING DWIGHT POWELL. If Lively averaged 4/4/2, then that's already a win. Shot blocking is his game, and I'm not sure that aspect is something that needs years to translate. He just has no offensive game.

I also like Leonard Miller if we trade back. Rebounding machine and the perfect mobile 4. Plus, Hardy's success with the Ignite should encourage us to be more open to G-league prospects.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-18-2023 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:46 AM   #504
saclare
Platinum Member

Hardy is miles away a better overall player than Roddy. The latter was a lightning Rod but smaller and had defensive issues. Sure, Hardy def struggled earlier on but I think a lot of his playing time late was because he seemed to understand team defense, albeit on a shitty team defense lol

That's not to say he isn't untouchable, either. He's one of our few player assets we would/should trade to upgrade. It would hurt, but if that landed the finishing piece around Luka and Kyrie while not killing depth, you go for it.

I just don't think we need to include him in a Turner trade. I could maybe see Mavs convincing them that Green + 10th + filler is enough. If they want THJ, which I could totally see with Carlisle, then they throw in Hield. It was notable how much THJ gelled with Kyrie and we know his relationship with Luka. Both would understand if it netted a better roster.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:44 AM   #505
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So what, its not like hes in his twilight years like Dame. Mavs were in win now mode last year and look at them now. Theyll be in win now mode forever with Luka, might as well draft some assets. Guys can be immediate contributors as rookies btw.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:35 AM   #506
tap2390
Diamond Member

There are a ton of players in the 15-30 range that make sense for the Mavs: Jordan Walsh, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Rayan Rupert, Bilal Coulibaly, Leonard Miller, City Sissoko, Dereck Lively, Adem Bona, James Nnaji, Marcus Sasser.

10 is a tough draft position for the Mavericks. I think other people will recognize this, and will low-ball the Mavs for the pick pre-draft. If the Mavs do trade the pick, it will be during the draft. I could especially see the Mavs picking up Cason Wallace for a PG-needy team.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #507
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
There are a ton of players in the 15-30 range that make sense for the Mavs: Jordan Walsh, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Rayan Rupert, Bilal Coulibaly, Leonard Miller, City Sissoko, Dereck Lively, Adem Bona, James Nnaji, Marcus Sasser.

10 is a tough draft position for the Mavericks. I think other people will recognize this, and will low-ball the Mavs for the pick pre-draft. If the Mavs do trade the pick, it will be during the draft. I could especially see the Mavs picking up Cason Wallace for a PG-needy team.
Jordan Walsh is DFS for those who want a defense minded player with offensive upside. He'll come in younger than DFS with a better offensive game that still needs work, but advanced as a cutter and screener thanks to Muss' pro style.

If you could trade back for a couple of firsts, him and say Lively would be smart targets and begin to form a solid, balanced core.

I still understand the trade and improve with star/vets now, too. It's going to get interesting.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:03 PM   #508
sig

The Luka white noise about he won't accept this or that is just noise. Euros seem to stay loyal. Mavs are not far off if they trade some of their vets for vets that fill needs.

Yeh, the amount of depth in this draft is off the charts. Dillon Mitchell is an athletic freak whose draft stock went down because he lost playing time to seasoned upperclassmen on a very good Texas team. He could be as good as any forward in the draft. I'm for adding as many draft picks as possible to add to Luka, KI, Hardy, Green. Also, a lot of polished players being pushed to late first along with players like Mitchell. I don't know how Mavs do that with their assets.

TJD and JHS getting after it. I'd gladly take JHS at 10 and make a deal to obtain a pick to get TJD. Sounds like he is doing well and list of teams interviewing TJD is pretty long at the combine.

https://twitter.com/ClifMarshall/sta...293345797?s=20
Old 05-18-2023, 03:05 PM   #509
tap2390
Diamond Member

TJD at #10 would not surprise me one bit. His measurements prove he?s a 5 in the modern NBA.
Old 05-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #510
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

TJD wouldn't be a bad choice.

6'9" works against most teams and he can play 4/5. Only really Jokic destroys you with size. Embiid for all his hype, doesn't really abuse guys with height and weight and there are no Shaqs.

The bad news? He's 23. He's a few months younger than Luka and he's yet to play a year in the league. He also can't spread the floor to abuse slow bigs like Kleber did to Gobert.

The good news? He's a worker and a learner. Every year he's gotten better. Sometimes guys are drafted at 18 for their potential and they stay the same player. TJD is someone like Brunson that has that pro energy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 04:57 PM   #511
sig

Quote:
TJD at #10 would not surprise me one bit. His measurements prove he?s a 5 in the modern NBA.
I've seen pretty much every minute he played in college. The improvement in his game from 3rd to 4th year was incredible. Who knew he could handle the ball and pass like he did. Not gonna say he will be Bam Adebayo good but he seems to have a similar style.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:57 AM   #512
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

As we brainstorm what to do with the $10 pick, trade it, keep it, etc. As Cuban is arguing with random people about how Elon isn't fair with Twitter. As several good proven coaches have hit the market. As we don't even talk about this because, as we all know Cuban will not make that kind of move and replace the coach.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:13 AM   #513
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
As we brainstorm what to do with the $10 pick, trade it, keep it, etc. As Cuban is arguing with random people about how Elon isn't fair with Twitter. As several good proven coaches have hit the market. As we don't even talk about this because, as we all know Cuban will not make that kind of move and replace the coach.
Yep, add Bob Myers to the list of things the Mavs should be interested in.

Cuban doesn't give a shit. Hasn't for a while now.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:42 AM   #514
sig

Man, trading down from 10 to get a bunch of multiple picks sounds better every day. Check out Prosper from Marquette.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2023/5/...rumors-testing
Old 05-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #515
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yep, add Bob Myers to the list of things the Mavs should be interested in.

Cuban doesn't give a shit. Hasn't for a while now.
And that would be fine if he could just understand that other people are there, that he hired, to do the job for him. Unfortunately, a serial entrepreneur is going to be that way with what he owns.

Best thing would be for Cuban to take a step back and let Nico and the other special assistants that have been hired do their job. If you insist on having a last say, try not to be a know it all and shit on months of hard work and negotiations.

Hard thing to do and unlikely to happen, but if he can see how that applies to smaller companies then he can do the same here. Wishful thinking for sure.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:52 AM   #516
saclare
Platinum Member

Would love to see how we could add Bruce Brown to the fold. He's likely to opt out of the second year PO for his current deal, so likely prices us out. And then if Nuggets win it all, hard to see them pulling a Cuban and letting him go somewhere else after he's been pretty crucial to their defensive success.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:06 AM   #517
Dallas41
Diamond Member

[QUOTE=sig;1521967]The Luka white noise about he won't accept this or that is just noise. Euros seem to stay loyal. Mavs are not far off if they trade some of their vets for vets that fill needs.

This is the opinion of Iztok Franko

But here is the problem for the ?keep the pick? crowd. Two problems, actually.

First, the Mavericks are not in position to take more risks with a roster this thin, and things didn?t work out the last time the Mavericks took their chances in this draft range?unless you?re still glad they selected Dennis Smith Jr. with the ninth overall pick in 2017 instead of future All-Stars Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo.

And as short as they are on talent, they?re even shorter on time. The Mavericks are all-in on the Doncic timeline; trading for Kyrie Irving removed any trace of doubt about that. They likely have no more than a year to prove to their superstar that they?re capable of constructing a team capable of returning to the conference finals. After that, they enter the back-end of Doncic?s contract, where things could get dicey.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:16 AM   #518
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Would love to see how we could add Bruce Brown to the fold. He's likely to opt out of the second year PO for his current deal, so likely prices us out.
prices us out

and thats the thing with needing to draft cost effective players. Mavs cant afford anyone and Cuban will not overpay for rotation guys. So the roster is ALWAYS thin past Luka and co star. Cuban always wants some locals discount on market players.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:20 AM   #519
Melonhead
Guru

[QUOTE=Dallas41;1521979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
The Luka white noise about he won't accept this or that is just noise. Euros seem to stay loyal. Mavs are not far off if they trade some of their vets for vets that fill needs.

This is the opinion of Iztok Franko

But here is the problem for the ?keep the pick? crowd. Two problems, actually.

First, the Mavericks are not in position to take more risks with a roster this thin, and things didn?t work out the last time the Mavericks took their chances in this draft range?unless you?re still glad they selected Dennis Smith Jr. with the ninth overall pick in 2017 instead of future All-Stars Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo.

And as short as they are on talent, they?re even shorter on time. The Mavericks are all-in on the Doncic timeline; trading for Kyrie Irving removed any trace of doubt about that. They likely have no more than a year to prove to their superstar that they?re capable of constructing a team capable of returning to the conference finals. After that, they enter the back-end of Doncic?s contract, where things could get dicey.
Its always "this year or bust" with this team lol. They were doing this last year too. And this same song and dance will guarantee the mavs will never build a contending team except for a random once in a decade run. Because you cant empty the barrel every summer especially if youre a cheap owner like Cuban. Not to mention the new cba will have an impact on future moves as well.

Every single team making runs yearly are not skipping steps to make a run. Denver, Miami, Boston, Sacramento, Memphis, GS, Milwaukee all built their teams over years of drafts and trades and collecting assets for trades. Mavs keep trying to jump over steps and dont have assets because theyre short on time??

Last edited by Melonhead; 05-19-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:25 AM   #520
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
Man, trading down from 10 to get a bunch of multiple picks sounds better every day. Check out Prosper from Marquette.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2023/5/...rumors-testing
thanks for sharing that article - yeah sounds appealing to be able to add multiple young players with talent. what's not clear is how much time the mavs will be willing to give them to develop. I'd love to have a double dip on athletic big men - give me Lively and TJD or Prosper.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote