Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-23-2023, 05:38 PM   #561
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Selfishly asking and doubt the money is there, how much would Rui cost to pry away from Los Angeles

I think he?s restricted FA, but he is the size the Mavs need on the wing but can and will bang under the rim too.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #562
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I am putting zero hope in free agency. We have really three possibilities

1) We re-sign Kyrie to the max and are in cap hell-- not only don't have money for FA, but incur some major penalties like losing picks

2) Kyrie walks. We suddenly have a lot less talent, but about one max slot.

3) We keep Kyrie and spend our picks/talent to clear some cap. We still don't have room for a big player probably but we could potentially drop 9-10mill on someone like Hachimura. Would it be worth it to trade #10 for powder that could only clear around one MLE slot?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-24-2023 at 10:37 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #563
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I am putting zero hope in free agency. We have really three possibilities

1) We re-sign Kyrie to the max and are in cap hell-- not only don't have money for FA, but incur some major penalties like losing picks

2) Kyrie walks. We suddenly have a lot less talent, but about one max slot.

3) We keep Kyrie and spend our picks/talent to clear some cap. We still don't have room for a big player probably but we could potentially drop 9-10mill on someone like Hachimura. Would it be worth it to trade #10 for powder that could only clear around one MLE slot?
That's why it's smarter for fans not to panic if we don't make earth shattering moves this summer because we are in a weak position for that.

I'm leaning far more into keeping 10. We need more young talent...not less. Hardy and Green are not only fun to watch, but they are actually two of our best players. The naysayers say we need "right now" players, and yet it took a 20 year old Hardy a jason-kidd-won't-play-me half a season to come on.

That's why some of us are so high on TJD. He is a ready now Bam. And he actually has talent. We NEED players who are overall talented....not just do one or two things while Luka runs himself to death.

So, keep the pick, dump some of the dead weight off the roster for the best moves you can make this summer, and see what you can do at the deadline.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-24-2023 at 11:24 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 01:10 PM   #564
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

There is a part of me that would like to see the Mavs do a sign-and-trade sending Kyrie to LA. In return, I would like to see the Mavs receive back Bamba, Hachimura, and Beasley + the Lakers 2023 first round draft pick (#17). Mavs keep their #10 pick, add another first rounder, and improve their front court. Beasley can log some minutes at SG along with Hardy. This move would help develop a roster for the future and perhaps take the Mavs out of desperation mode. Mavs can keep trying to find a trade for THJ, McGee, and/or Bertrans but take Green and Hardy off the table (unless they somehow find a trade for a borderline all star). If LeBron wants Kyrie would the Lakers make this trade?
Old 05-24-2023, 02:15 PM   #565
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's not going to surprise anyone if Kyrie wants out.

I could see it being the Suns more than the Lakers though which is why we keep hearing Ayton 56953 times in rumors.

Old 05-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #566
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's why it's smarter for fans not to panic if we don't make earth shattering moves this summer because we are in a weak position for that.

I'm leaning far more into keeping 10. We need more young talent...not less. Hardy and Green are not only fun to watch, but they are actually two of our best players. The naysayers say we need "right now" players, and yet it took a 20 year old Hardy a jason-kidd-won't-play-me half a season to come on.

That's why some of us are so high on TJD. He is a ready now Bam. And he actually has talent. We NEED players who are overall talented....not just do one or two things while Luka runs himself to death.

So, keep the pick, dump some of the dead weight off the roster for the best moves you can make this summer, and see what you can do at the deadline.
Dude I have come around to totally agree with your view here. Let's add young talent and forget the must win now mode that has continued to lead to poor roster building. If Green, Hardy, #10, Luka continue to grow together who knows if they get in as a 7 or 8 seed they don't make a run next year and even better chance the next year. Miami's run has kind of changed my mind on that from a just get in perspective. Like Jimmy, Luka steps up big time in the playoffs. The elephant in the room is that Luka doesn't have as much leverage as we all have thought. Any team he would go to would have to give up a lot of assets and picks to make a trade happen before he is an unrestricted FA so he can't easily force his way out next year. Let's collectively chill and just start adding young talent.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:28 PM   #567
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

I am a huge TJD fan for what he did at IU staying all 4 years and how he matured as a person and player. IMO, he will be a solid player in the NBA. I cannot take him at 10. Giovany puts out good stuff. He was better before ESPN took over the Draftexpress site or at least made more frequent updates.

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...bby-marks-10th

I'm going with Hendricks if available and if all the 3 forwards are gone, let see who faills from the consensus top 10.

Back to TJD, I think the Mavs can offer up the 27 or 26 FRP whichever is available first for a pick lower in the draft to get TJD. I'm pretty sure you can get a Pacers pick. Other teams have multiple picks too and might want to defer. Most mocks have TJD on the board still. At 10, he would not even be the top IU player on my board.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #568
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Its easy to be over the train wreck of a season right now, but if we take a guy with the 10th pick and he isn't playing in big games and big moments we are in a bad spot. I don't want to see Luka wore down in the 2nd half of a season while we flounder our way out of the playoffs again. If we swing, we can't miss. Idk what the best path forward is but the "let's take our time and be patient" approach isn't going to work for Luka. The kid has been ready to compete for a title for years and we keep stepping on our dick.

Trade it, keep it, idc just make good moves and improve where we really lack.

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...TVa4U6gTQ&s=19

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-25-2023 at 12:38 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:05 AM   #569
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is exactly the best strategy going forward imo.

I'd add that we should do all we can to move Kyrie in a S&T deal and acquire any picks or players around Luka's age as possible. Good Lord, our superstar is 5 years from being in the middle of his prime so I dont see the extreme urgency to risk completely destroying the team by not being just a little patient.

We have 3 young players and a high pick that can be great building blocks for the next decade plus.
Why risk it all now?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:36 AM   #570
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I?m on board with Kyrie for S&T Reaves and S&T Rui
Old 05-25-2023, 09:05 AM   #571
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Its easy to be over the train wreck of a season right now, but if we take a guy with the 10th pick and he isn't playing in big games and big moments we are in a bad spot. I don't want to see Luka wore down in the 2nd half of a season while we flounder our way out of the playoffs again. If we swing, we can't miss. Idk what the best path forward is but the "let's take our time and be patient" approach isn't going to work for Luka. The kid has been ready to compete for a title for years and we keep stepping on our dick.

Trade it, keep it, idc just make good moves and improve where we really lack.

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1...TVa4U6gTQ&s=19
Exactly why trading more picks would be wackadoo.

And I just look at the roster as it it currently is. Powell and Wood are both FAs, so we basically don't even have a center.

TJD would not only start, but he'd be the best big we have but a good margin IMO.

So it's not that TJD is going to be some all nba player or anything....it's that our current roster is a ghost town of talent.

So you're either overpaying for unmotivated Ayton or Turner (Turner will likely cost all of our current assets IMO) or just draft someone with a valued pick we already have.

Trading more picks would be scorched earth at this point as our near future draft capital is basically non-existent.

Old 05-25-2023, 11:38 AM   #572
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I think we can make our pick for BPA and then get Turner for the future pick that opens up. Turner fits with damn near every prospect I've seen mocked to the Mavs or liked here by others.

I'm on board with keeping Kyrie and making something happen for Turner while also adding young talent with #10. It can be done...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #573
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Well if KI wants to go, don't sleep on golden St especially if they want to continue ring chasing with their aging trio which seems to be the case. That francihse always steps up with moves like this. I don't know about Klay as potentially it seems he might want to go to Lakers to end his career where his dad use to play and is on the broadcast team.

Warriors have a ton of salary and young guys too. Poole would be a solid replacement and you could probably get Kuminga. Both are making waves. One causing chemistry issues and the other is unhappy about not playing. Wiggins instead of Kuminga could make sense from salary view but I think Warriors like Wiggins a lot. Kuminga plus poole adds up to about 33-34 mil salary. So that may not be enough to match KI salary demands.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:27 PM   #574
sig

Well if KI wants to go, don't sleep on golden St especially if they want to continue ring chasing with their aging trio which seems to be the case. That francihse always steps up with moves like this. I don't know about Klay as potentially it seems he might want to go to Lakers to end his career where his dad use to play and is on the broadcast team.

Warriors have a ton of salary and young guys too. Poole would be a solid replacement and you could probably get Kuminga. Both are making waves. One causing chemistry issues and the other is unhappy about not playing. Wiggins instead of Kuminga could make sense from salary view but I think Warriors like Wiggins a lot. Kuminga plus poole adds up to about 33-34 mil salary. So that may not be enough to match KI salary demands.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:24 PM   #575
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly why trading more picks would be wackadoo.

And I just look at the roster as it it currently is. Powell and Wood are both FAs, so we basically don't even have a center.

TJD would not only start, but he'd be the best big we have but a good margin IMO.

So it's not that TJD is going to be some all nba player or anything....it's that our current roster is a ghost town of talent.

So you're either overpaying for unmotivated Ayton or Turner (Turner will likely cost all of our current assets IMO) or just draft someone with a valued pick we already have.

Trading more picks would be scorched earth at this point as our near future draft capital is basically non-existent.
Yea. When you break down the roster plus the outgoing future picks, MBT has to be weighing that heavily. If we didn't owe so many future picks it wouldn't be near as big of a deal that we move #10 to fill a void with a proven quality big. Ayton is not proven quality big in my book. Turner is but an effective rookie is cheaper.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:26 PM   #576
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post

Idk if they are interested in Kyrie, but I'm 100% interested in Kuminga. Dudes really good and about to break loose.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:42 PM   #577
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Doesn?t GS have a PG?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:36 PM   #578
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Doesn?t GS have a PG?
Doesn't Dallas?

Old 05-25-2023, 10:44 PM   #579
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Doesn't Dallas?
Fair point, but ours is 6?7?. He plays PG, but is big enough to guard other teams 2-3.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:34 AM   #580
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

One name I?d like to keep tabs on is Jerami Grant? if Dame is traded, a S&T with the Blazers with us sending Bertans, Javale, and a future 1st makes a lot of sense. Do that, resign Kyrie, draft TJD at 10.

Luka
Kyrie
Green
Grant
TJD
Old 05-26-2023, 08:04 AM   #581
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Jarace Walker seems to be falling in some mocks. Was an interesting take when they said he wasn't tall enough to play small ball 5 and not quick enough to guard guards. That wouldn't dissuade me from the pick though.

Notoriously unreliable nbadraft.net has TJD at 20 now. They may suck at predictions, but they are right about that guy.

Old 05-26-2023, 11:24 AM   #582
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jarace Walker seems to be falling in some mocks. Was an interesting take when they said he wasn't tall enough to play small ball 5 and not quick enough to guard guards. That wouldn't dissuade me from the pick though.

Notoriously unreliable nbadraft.net has TJD at 20 now. They may suck at predictions, but they are right about that guy.
Id wager that Walker will be there at 10.

IMO you just don't spend a top-10 pick with so many potential stars on a guy like Walker. At best he's a strong starter.

That applies to us too. Maybe we should shoot for a low-floor, star upside guy. Then again, I think Walker is almost guaranteed to be a starter and has a decent chance of being our Looney.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:32 AM   #583
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

IMO you just don't spend a top-10 pick with so many potential stars on a guy like Walker. At best he's a strong starter.

That applies to us too. Maybe we should shoot for a low-floor, star upside guy. Then again, I think Walker is almost guaranteed to be a starter and has a decent chance of being our Looney.
The comparisons to Draymond are what should get fans excited. He is a guy that can guard 5 positions. Reminds me of a bigger Lu Dort.

I'm actually softening a bit on Hendricks. Hendricks is a 3 and D guy and maybe a good one at that, but he isn't a great rebounder, handler, or passer. Mavs need more multi-talented guys. Could he develop that stuff? Sure, but if he is a better defending Wood without the handling, then I'm not sure what a huge upgrade that is. I think Hendricks has a high bust potential compared to the rest of the lottery.

Again though, if Hendricks or Walker drop, then I can't see the Mavs passing on either. And Walker would make the pick way more valuable in a potential trade.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-26-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:46 AM   #584
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

He's going to be way better than Looney. He may be better by seasons end.

Whatever we do, We can't spend #10 on a high ceiling project. We just can't. The point of taking the pick is to fill a void with young cheaper talent but you can't skip the "fill a void" part.

Old 05-26-2023, 01:35 PM   #585
sig

Quote:
Doesn?t GS have a PG?
Well Luka played with Brunson and hopes to keep playing with KI. I believe KI stays and prefer that but Poole played a lot with curry and could provide 20+ point scoring. IMO, trades with lakers and suns are less attractive than what the Warriors have to offer.

Taking KI out of the equation, I'd prefer Kuminga over Green and maybe the Warriors would make that trade if poole is shipped out somewhere else. There are more high end SG's likely to be available at 10 that can replace Green. Warriors might like to not pay the tax payment on pick 19 so might deal it for future FRP. Green and future FRP for Kuminga and pick 19 seems simple unless the salary added to Kuminga from pick 19 breaks some trade rule in macthing salary.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #586
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lively with the good workout. He is draining them, but why not during the season?

Still, won't get a complaint from me if we picked him.

https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/s...ues-to-impress

Old 05-29-2023, 11:58 AM   #587
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lively with the good workout. He is draining them, but why not during the season?

Still, won't get a complaint from me if we picked him.

https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/s...ues-to-impress
He's my favorite for us in this draft after Wemby.
Would be fun to watch him and Wemby battle it out for a decade.

Wouldn't mind seeing us trade back a few picks and take him.

What about THJ/10 for Collins/15? Then take Lively at 15.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #588
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
He's my favorite for us in this draft after Wemby.
Would be fun to watch him and Wemby battle it out for a decade.

Wouldn't mind seeing us trade back a few picks and take him.

What about THJ/10 for Collins/15? Then take Lively at 15.
Hawks won't do that, but I think with some maneuvering we could possibly get both TJD and Lively.

I do like where your head is at though. Get a 4 and a 5. And a three for that matter. And talent. And players that aren't the ones we have.

Old 05-30-2023, 02:56 AM   #589
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hawks won't do that, but I think with some maneuvering we could possibly get both TJD and Lively.

I do like where your head is at though. Get a 4 and a 5. And a three for that matter. And talent. And players that aren't the ones we have.
Atlanta probably wouldnt depending on how desperate they are to dump Collins.

Indy wants to move up in the draft so it wouldnt surprise me if we offer something involving the #10.

Would you consider this?

#10/Hardy/Hardaway for Turner/26/32
Old 05-30-2023, 06:42 AM   #590
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

Indy wants to move up in the draft so it wouldnt surprise me if we offer something involving the #10.

Would you consider this?

No thanks. We need to start applying top 10 trade value to Hardy. I look at it this way, there's not 10 guys I'd take over Hardy in this draft or many others. We have the benefit of hindsight, sure, but we already have the kid. He's your Jordan Poole (not a PG btw) for those wanting to include him in anything.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 09:54 AM   #591
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Would you consider this?

Hard no. I agree with Saclare, That's moving 2 top 10 picks.

Old 05-30-2023, 11:01 AM   #592
sig

The nets seems to need some PG depth and the new PG should be young guy who can be the future PG. I really like Spence but he is on his last year and getting older. The 10 pick seems to be sitting right in PG part of the draft. Wallace, smith and black from Ark., Hood Schifino could all fill the roll.

They could also use a PF. DFS and O'Neal are the guys at the moment but maybe they might like Wood. I'd offer up THJ and 10 for DFS, Mills and pick 21,22. I'd also agree to SnT Wood for Joe Harris if they have interest in Wood. If not then maybe they'd like McGee and Bullock.

Another way to work that deal is to send McGee, Bullock, 10 and for DFS, 21,22. Then work the Joe Harris trade for either SnT Wood or THJ. Maybe third team gets nvolved but Wood seems like a fit at PF for them.

Bertans and Harris could be nice trade deadline assets if the future FRP is added for a player that has long term salary to move. Harris and Bertans 35 mil could be only Bertans 5 mil guaranteed in summer of 24.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:11 PM   #593
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
The nets seems to need some PG depth and the new PG should be young guy who can be the future PG. I really like Spence but he is on his last year and getting older. The 10 pick seems to be sitting right in PG part of the draft. Wallace, smith and black from Ark., Hood Schifino could all fill the roll.

They could also use a PF. DFS and O'Neal are the guys at the moment but maybe they might like Wood. I'd offer up THJ and 10 for DFS, Mills and pick 21,22. I'd also agree to SnT Wood for Joe Harris if they have interest in Wood. If not then maybe they'd like McGee and Bullock.

Another way to work that deal is to send McGee, Bullock, 10 and for DFS, 21,22. Then work the Joe Harris trade for either SnT Wood or THJ. Maybe third team gets nvolved but Wood seems like a fit at PF for them.

Bertans and Harris could be nice trade deadline assets if the future FRP is added for a player that has long term salary to move. Harris and Bertans 35 mil could be only Bertans 5 mil guaranteed in summer of 24.

Great idea that makes sense, although I don't see why the Nets couldn't get more for DFS. I think the more likely trade is 10 for 21/22.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:58 PM   #594
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

30 days left until the draft

I'd be really curious what yall think about if we keep the pick or not.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:56 PM   #595
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I think we keep *A* pick. Our pick will be a PF or C. If we select anything else, it will be for another team in some kind of deal.

My mind is changed based off thr reality of our picks going out in the future.

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-30-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:14 PM   #596
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Assuming Walker/Hendricks are gone.....Leonard Miller, Lively, or TJD. Those are my three to get whenever they may be got. You can also get Oscar Tschiebwe in the late second round.

You have to think with the Hardy/Ignite thing that they seriously consider Leonard Miller. He is definitely rising too.

And Lively compares size-wise with Walker Kessler and has similar shot blocking skills. Don't want to make the mistake of drafting him though just because of Kessler, but Lively is better than people think. Only thing that gave me pause was when his first comparison of himself was to Willie-Caulie Stein. Dear god....

It's just a weak draft overall for our needs, but you can still fill the need.

Old 05-30-2023, 08:15 PM   #597
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:

I 100% expect Cuban to trade the pick.
Old 05-30-2023, 10:46 PM   #598
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good news is we are apparently out on Dick
Old 05-30-2023, 11:16 PM   #599
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I 100% expect Cuban to trade the pick.
Yep

I'm with you on this.

In fact the only guy mentioned out of all the names being thrown out as a draft pick that even makes sense is the kid out of UCF.

If he there's not I'd support cuban 100% for trading this Pick. Guys like Turner, Siakam, Grant or Reid all fit this term perfectly at as C/PF options next to Luka.

The kid from UCF falls under that category amongst that group.

If it ain't him being drafted I'd move that pick in heartbeat for a win now vet. Just not impressed very much with all the other probable options there at 10.

One guy I'm happy they aren't considering is Grady Dick. Don't need anymore slow footed below avg defenders on this team regardless of their ability to space the fucking floor on offense.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:38 AM   #600
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good news is we are apparently out on Dick
If we pick Dick it will definitely be for another team.

If we were rebuilding I think he'd be a steal at 10.
It will take him a few years to develop that body but when he does he should be a solid player.