Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-13-2024, 11:43 PM   #1161
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
https://youtu.be/1uJONqAXFRY?t=582

IF THIS SHOT WENT IN IT WOULD'VE BEEN THE BIGGEST ROBBERY THAT I'VE SEEN. THE REFS STOPPED THIS PLAY LITERALLY BECAUSE THE MAVS HAD AN OPEN THREE TO TIE IT.
It was very, very fortunate for Dallas fans that THJ missed this shot. Otherwise, there would've been a huge outcry.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2024, 11:45 PM   #1162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Granted, the cursing was a bit much. But it?s really not. Im sorry but im not blinded by Luka love. I personally don?t want to invedt long term in a player that does not take care lf his body. Im not sn idiot, i know Luka is great. I just dont think he, nor his game are going to age well.

They?re never going to sctually trade him. I just think it?s a mistake, personally. If we
If Luka wasn't hurt, then we'd likely be undeafeted in the playoffs. In shape or not really has nothing to do with it. You're trying to connect something that isn't really proven when plenty of "fit" players are also hurt.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:48 PM   #1163
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The ?we only lost because Luka was hurt? probably makes the suffering worse

It?s also the third straight season he?s had these injuries and that trajectory isn?t looking good.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:52 PM   #1164
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to take a summer off. He plays too much. But we know that won't happen.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:54 PM   #1165
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If Luka wasn't hurt, then we'd likely be undeafeted in the playoffs. In shape or not really has nothing to do with it. You're trying to connect something that isn't really proven when plenty of "fit" players are also hurt.
Dude, this type of injury is not just this year, this is becoming a trend.

Are yuu suggesting the more weight doesn?t effect the lower body? He?s simply carrying more weight now than when he entered the league. Hell, he?s heavier now than when the season started.

That, is absolutely inexcusable and no Mavs colored glasses will change that.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:58 PM   #1166
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

It?s two fold. Luka was the entire offense for multiple seasons because of the front office.

And he also finds himself getting bigger throughout a season. I do agree by the time he?s 32 he?ll be a completely different player if he doesn?t want to commit to a diet.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:59 PM   #1167
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Are yuu suggesting the more weight doesn?t effect the lower body? He?s simply carrying more weight now than when he entered the league. Hell, he?s heavier now than when the season started.

Of course he?s going to weigh more than when he entered the league at 19 years old lol.

Agree with the rest.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:00 AM   #1168
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
He needs to take a summer off. He plays too much. But we know that won't happen.
We can only hope slovenia doesn?t qualify
Old 05-14-2024, 12:12 AM   #1169
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

I've had my time to relax after this game. Here are my thoughts:

-Luka and Kyrie had less than 30 points combined. This will not probably happen again.
-Luka needs to make a decision, if you are unfit to play... Please do not play.
-Free throws absolutely killed us.
-OKC gets more freethrows and bullshit than the Clippers do.

-We will be fine.... We blew that game. We are just as good of a team on the road, as we are at home. I believe we get the next two games with one of our marquee players stepping up. OKC is still young and they think it's cute doing a team interview after the game.... We just need 1 game from Luka to put this away.

Lastly, how the hell does Kidd allow Luka to keep shooting threes when he's been off for 2 series? Put his ass in the paint and let him work.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:22 AM   #1170
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Well frustrating loss, but I still think Mavs win in 7.
They should win this series in 6 games

I've yet to see any proof that OKC is the better team.

Mavs just keep doing typical mavs shit to beat themselves

Terrible FT shooting as usual for this team

Attack the paint early and often then all of a sudden stop doing it

Get Luka's ass in the post for crying out loud. I'm getting sick of watching him pound the rock without actually getting anywhere

And what the hell happened to the PJ post plays that were do effective the previous game.

This team always make shit harder on themselves
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:23 AM   #1171
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

It's not rose colored glasses. Nobody on here is more pragmatic than I am pal.

It's just that there is no real evidence that a "thinner" luka means he won't get hurt. Does it make being hurt worse? Maybe, but fit guys like Giannis didn't play a single game in the postseason.

Kidd and the FO has run him to death. We've all pleaded for help and less minutes. Kyrie is supposed to help in that department but he was hurt for a good part of the season.

Injuries to the team hurt Luka more than anything else.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-14-2024 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:29 AM   #1172
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
I've had my time to relax after this game. Here are my thoughts:

Lastly, how the hell does Kidd allow Luka to keep shooting threes when he's been off for 2 series? Put his ass in the paint and let him work.
Preaching to the choir on this one....

I'm beginning to think Luka is the one who refuses to consistently setup shop more in the post.

Playing more off ball probably hurts his ego
Old 05-14-2024, 12:32 AM   #1173
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Preaching to the choir on this one....

I'm beginning to think Luka is the one who refuses to consistently setup shop more in the post.

Playing more off ball probably hurts his ego
Next game is a must win for us. Let's hope we make the proper adjustments.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 03:19 AM   #1174
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

We had a chance to rip the heart out of that young inexperienced team and they seemed to turn the tide and do it to us.

This game 4 feels different than the one against the clips and I'm more pessimistic because we look like the old worn down beaten up team in this series.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:31 AM   #1175
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What a way to end the season. If it's somehow not by OKC, it will be by anyone of the tighter more well rounded teams..

All the Kyrie leader talk is not consistently justified. He and Luka have been letting the team down, and we have been relying on others in moments that are too big for them. Luka looks like a shell of himself again and is slow dribbling and hesitant.

The secret is out, we cant shoot free throws. We dont have much bench help

The team ruined the home fans entire night
With that stuck in the mud play.

Now they know to use Wiggins inseat of Giddey and run iso 4 or 5 times ler quarter
I'm going to back down from this a tiny bit.

The others, Like PJ have stepped up tremendously and Gafford has played well too.

Kai has given 9 points twice in this series. That cant fn happen. He is too good to do that twice. Wayy Too passive.

Imo Wiggins is a factor and is a good move by Mark.

Chet is a problem that we haven't figured out yet. He's tall as fvck and doesnt go for fakes in the lane. Its causing Luka and kai to be hesitant to finish once they beat their man. Tbh, we are super lucky that PJ went hot on 3s this series, because we would be done without it.

Given all of our struggles. If we hit free throws during this game we go back to OKC up 3-1.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:55 AM   #1176
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
We had a chance to rip the heart out of that young inexperienced team and they seemed to turn the tide and do it to us.

This game 4 feels different than the one against the clips and I'm more pessimistic because we look like the old worn down beaten up team in this series.
Na, I called a loss. This series was always going to go 6-7 games just like the Clippers

We have out played them for most of the series minus game 1.

Now, if Luka and Kyrie don't show up again, then you can get worried.

Honestly though, this team needed Luka and Kyrie to have shit games in order to grow.

Kidd's biggest blunder (and basically admitting it with PJ) was not getting the rest of the team involved sooner.

Think we do miss Maxi a bit, but at least guys like THJ and Green have played reasonably well. I'm not screaming for them to get off the court.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:35 AM   #1177
Melonhead
Guru

Luka can?t sit for anyone suggesting. That?s an easy double on Kyrie all night and they can stick closer to PJ instead of helping.

We?re honestly just stuck with him playing like shit on a knee strain which is not the same as just knee soreness. Hes landing on his other knee when he shoots threes. I?d like him to get in the post more but they started sending Chet over while he?s backing down Dort. If this goes 7, I?d say he?s good for one more efficient game and two duds.

There?s still no excuse for 7 turnovers and he has to stop trying to get fouls and just play.

Make your god damn free throws.

Last edited by Melonhead; 05-14-2024 at 08:36 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:21 AM   #1178
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

FTs have plagued this team for a while now. Thought they finally got it together but I guess not.

They have to get a better FT coach.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:51 AM   #1179
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

If you only make 52% of your FTs, then you do not deserve to win the game. It is just that simple. Especially, when your opponent makes 95%.

Luka deserves some criticism, but I think the nay sayers should consider another perspective. OKC has a big scarecrow in the middle who blocks a ton of shots. This creates problem #1 for Luka (and Kai for that matter). OKC also has Dirty Dort who is pushing, tripping, and literally tackling Luka throughout the game with only occasional whistles from the refs. So he becomes problem#2. Luka is playing with an injured knee and ankle, problem #3. Finally, Luka is only human. He's not a superhero that can take this kind of pounding with the injuries he already has and, no doubt, some fear that the reckless Dort will end his career with his trips, tackles, and undercuts. You can say these are just Luka excuses, but they are facts and maybe shouldn't be ignored when lambasting Luka with "He Sucks, trade him!!!!".

If any single player is to be blamed for this loss (Note: I do not think the blame game fits here) it is Kai. He is healthy and just had a bad game. It happens. On to game #5.

If Kidd was looking to tweak his game plan, I would consider playing Morris for 5 or 6 minutes. He should guard Dort and give him a bit of his own medicine. Maybe shove him around a bit and get in his head. Set a couple of real hard screens and knock him off his feet a time or two. If you give Dort something else to think about, it might impact his defense. If you stand up to the bully they often fold like a lawn chair. Just a thought.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:03 AM   #1180
Melonhead
Guru

Would love to see Morris for a few minutes when PJ checks out, like you said to D on Dort. Side note on Dort's antics: i know its his shooting motion but like you cant be allowed to shoot then stick your leg out two feet in front of you. Its dangerous and im surprised it hasnt been called ye.

Ive suspected that Kai is having trouble creating space for his normal shot selection. He (and Luka) usually have 3 sets of eyes on them as soon as they take a dribble. Theyve been sending doubles at Kai often as well.

Im not sure theres much adjustments to be made except make free throws, keep dominating the paint. Putting Morris in to mix things up might be helpful.

I do think Giddey will be benched soon, cause they have a couple of guys that are solid spark plugs, Cason Wallace and Aaron Wiggins. Both have given the mavs problems.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:32 AM   #1181
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Sigh...what a bummer of a game. Had a 3-1 lead in the bag and fumbled it. Oh well, on to game 5 since you can't change what happened. Hope for adjustments but Mavs have been the better team, that's apparent. Free throws were the difference along with a non-aggressive 4th to close it out. Simple to fix tbh and I think the Mavs go and take game 5 and then close it out at home.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #1182
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I?d like him to get in the post more but they started sending Chet over while he?s backing down Dort. If this goes 7, I?d say he?s good for one more efficient game and two duds. .[/QUOTE]

Chet clogging up the paint is where we miss Maxi. In theory, He cant hang out near the paint to help when Maxi is hitting 3s.

Old 05-14-2024, 02:48 PM   #1183
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I?d like him to get in the post more but they started sending Chet over while he?s backing down Dort. If this goes 7, I?d say he?s good for one more efficient game and two duds. .
Chet clogging up the paint is where we miss Maxi. In theory, He cant hang out near the paint to help when Maxi is hitting 3s.[/QUOTE]

I mean if they bring Chet over we have 2 bigs that can play above the rim. Throw a lob and in theory our bigs should throw it down (although this series both guys are missing dunks).
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 03:08 PM   #1184
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Chet clogging up the paint is where we miss Maxi. In theory, He cant hang out near the paint to help when Maxi is hitting 3s.
I mean if they bring Chet over we have 2 bigs that can play above the rim. Throw a lob and in theory our bigs should throw it down (although this series both guys are missing dunks).[/QUOTE]

Our bigs dont drag Chet away from the rim far enough. He is spacing it well and doesnt go up for many fakes. To contest, he just has to reach, so numerous times he contests and atill goes over to block a lob or cause priblems.

Old 05-14-2024, 05:36 PM   #1185
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Think Luka needs to lessen the effort with rebounding and defense and put more effort on offense. If he is able to do those two difficult things, then he should be able to get his offense going.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:20 PM   #1186
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Think Luka needs to lessen the effort with rebounding and defense and put more effort on offense. If he is able to do those two difficult things, then he should be able to get his offense going.
I wonder if just playing him less minutes would help. He has played 41, 40, 39, and 41 minutes in the first 4 games.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:34 PM   #1187
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I wonder if just playing him less minutes would help. He has played 41, 40, 39, and 41 minutes in the first 4 games.
Problem is we need scoring and he does that. Who else is going to step up to score? Kyrie needs to be that guy. PJ has been the best player in the series, but you can only expect so much.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:51 PM   #1188
Dallas41
Diamond Member

National media is really calling out Luka for his constant fucking crying on the court

Most of them have spoke about how his reluctance to get back on defense after every single non call

Legler who loves Luka pointed out the blown defensive assignment late in that game by Luka on Chet.

The 3 point shooting is also something they pointed out. Said Luka needs to figure out when to take the shot and when to attack the basket.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:02 AM   #1189
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

National media has undeservedly trashed Luka all season so meh.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:36 AM   #1190
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
National media is really calling out Luka for his constant fucking crying on the court

Most of them have spoke about how his reluctance to get back on defense after every single non call

Legler who loves Luka pointed out the blown defensive assignment late in that game by Luka on Chet.

The 3 point shooting is also something they pointed out. Said Luka needs to figure out when to take the shot and when to attack the basket.
Luka shot 38% from three this year. He?s figured out when to shoot it. He?s just hurt. The national media doesn?t have time to watch every Mavs game, so they are only going off the 5 minutes that they watched of this series. You, on the other hand?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:18 AM   #1191
Melonhead
Guru

Mavs worst FT shooting team in the playoffs at 69%.

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility we see something in the 50s or low 60s again this series. It would probably mark the end of this run though, so it would be really cool if they make their free throws.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:34 AM   #1192
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Imo, the fix is to get him his rest before Kai, around the 6-5 min mark in the first and follow that pattern in the 3rd and maybe 4th. They can be letting him fully drain the tank before resting.

That will also force Kai to start playing sooner instead of just dicking around until its too late.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #1193
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DJJ wants to stay with the Mavs...

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/549...ks-free-agent/

Man, Donnie was such a dodo brain. Morons didn't know who they were trading for with the Heat when they were trying to clear space for Jimmy Butler.

Old 05-15-2024, 10:18 AM   #1194
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Luka shot 38% from three this year. He?s figured out when to shoot it. He?s just hurt. The national media doesn?t have time to watch every Mavs game, so they are only going off the 5 minutes that they watched of this series. You, on the other hand?
Actually legler is a big Luka fan and former mavs player.

He has a podcast and watches lots of mavs basketball

So I don't think he falls under that umbrella your speaking of sir
Old 05-15-2024, 10:22 AM   #1195
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mavs worst FT shooting team in the playoffs at 69%.

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility we see something in the 50s or low 60s again this series. It would probably mark the end of this run though, so it would be really cool if they make their free throws.
They've been a terrible ft shooting team for like the last 4-5 years

I don't expect that change because it their DNA

But I would like to see both Lively and gafford finish more inside before they get fouled

OKC is hell bent on not letting them get those lobs and dunks without fouling them 1st

Which is a smart move to make them earn it

I'm hoping kyrie decides to take over this series moving forward
Old 05-15-2024, 11:02 AM   #1196
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

FT shooting
Mavs regular season 74.5% (27th)
Mavs post-season - 69.2% (last in NBA)
Mavs vs. Clippers 72.6%
Mavs vs. Thunder - 63.9%

We were just bad all year but somehow got a little worse in the playoffs and much worse against the Thunder

3pt shooting
Mavs regular season 36.9% (13th - Thunder were #1)
Mavs post-season - 35.2% (11th out of 16 teams)
Mavs vs. Clippers 33.5%
Mavs vs. Thunder - 37.9%

We were mediocre during the season. Got a tiny bit worse in the playoffs. Somehow we are 1% better at shooting against the Thunder thanks to PJail (51.4%), Exum (42%), and Green (40%)

That is despite our stars shooting like garbage:
Luka - 39% and 31% from three (56% and 43% regular season)
Kai - 46% and 36% from three (62% and 43% regular season)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-15-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:07 AM   #1197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If we lose because of FTs, then every assistant coach should be fired. That's such a basic thing you learn at an early level. It's not excusable under any circumstance.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-15-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:11 AM   #1198
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
If we lose because of FTs, then every assistant coach should be fired. That's such a basic thing you learn at an early level. It's not excusable under any circumstance.
Cool stat:

Shaq is the poster boy for sucking balls at FTs.

His career FT average was 52.7.

Mavs as a team last game shot 52.2%

Another cool stat:

Despite being the scoring champion for the regular season (the first Mav?) Luka has not led the team in scoring once this series. Kyrie (20) led once. PJ has led the team in points the other three.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-15-2024 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:51 AM   #1199
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Cool stat:

Shaq is the poster boy for sucking balls at FTs.

His career FT average was 52.7.

Mavs as a team last game shot 52.2%

Another cool stat:

Despite being the scoring champion for the regular season (the first Mav?) Luka has not led the team in scoring once this series. Kyrie (20) led once. PJ has led the team in points the other three.
Yeah, I just want one great game from Luka. Even if we lose. He needs to dig down and find his inner Jordan.

Old 05-15-2024, 04:19 PM   #1200
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I just want one great game from Luka. Even if we lose. He needs to dig down and find his inner Jordan.
Lol. Not happening this post season. Dude looks wrecked physically. Shots falling would be enough to win the game, but he looks hurt and worn down before halftime.