Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-12-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

<< Doug Christie's agent, Brad Marshall, told the Sacramento Bee Wednesday night that his client was &quot;very close&quot; to reaching an agreement with the Kings on a multiyear contract. Terms of the agreement were unavailable. Marshall said he had a proposal worth $45 million on the table with another team, but that it was the Kings with whom Christie was ready to deal. It was just Tuesday when the Kings received a letter from Marshall issuing a 24-hour deadline that ended at 5 p.m. Wednesday. The letter included a final offer that Marshall said had to be met or Christie was going to sign with another team. It's not likely the Kings took that deadline to heart, but Petrie said it did cause him to prepare more seriously for the possibility that Christie could decide to play elsewhere. >>

This article can be foundherereferring to thisarticle.

J
Old 07-12-2001, 11:23 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like most of the free agents are just threatening to bolt until their team decides to pay up this year. How boring. Doesn't sound like too many players are going to actually change teams this summer.

Old 07-13-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Christie's set to sign a seven-year deal worth $48 million. Wow.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well..the mavs are waiting patiently...looking to get some steals when other teams run out of money
sounds good to me
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 02:49 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I REALLY wonder how much over the cap the Kings would be if they resign Webber now?????
Old 07-13-2001, 03:07 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

murph - that's kinda what I predicted. The Mavs will make their move late in free agency when players are scrambling to find a &gt;JOB&lt; and not a huge contract.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:09 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..i know it's hard to be patient sometimes...
but how much smarter than everyone else are nellie and cuban looking right now?

well, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out though.
they seem to have a pretty good game plan
Old 07-13-2001, 04:13 PM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well I don't want to give them too much credit before it's time to give them credit. However, I do like the fact that we're just sitting back and letting everything else happen.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:15 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..that's what i'm screaming...
and that's why i mentioned well, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out though.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:21 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well we know the first priority is resigning Fin, my question is what do you think the second priority is.

My opinion it's

2. Giving Dirk his extension (I say this because they'll tie him and Fin up long term so they'll have a ball park figure of what will be remaining for everyone else after they look at Nash, Fin and Dirk)

3. Resigning Bradley and Booth (Booth I think is just as important in case we have to do some sort of trade deal, he's good bait right now.)

4. Finding a place for Eisley to be shipped.

5. Deciding what to do with Trent.

6. Now that Davis, Williams are gone, now I think they see what free agents are available and try to sign one, preferrably Dale Davis.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:55 PM   #11
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I dont trust the silence.
Cuban and Nellie are silent. VERY silent. Too silent to be not doing anything if you´d ask me.

Waiting for someone to search for a job is what they will do - right after announcing a Blockbuster to make Dallas an exceptional interesting place to be.

I am sure - completely sure - that there will be such a great thing happening very soon, and if not the distance would be that big, &Igrave;´d offer that Coke-Bet mentioned before in a thread to any who doesnt think I am right ...

(Maybe not Webber - though I am rather sure he´s the one, but there will be a big move ...)

J
Old 07-13-2001, 05:03 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

i think you're right...
i don't think we'll move a core three guy (nash, finley, or dirk)..i don't even think we'll lose howard, although i hope so.
but, i wouldn't be surprised if howard wasn't the starter going into the season or that he wasn't even on the team....

i think bringing in hardaway would be a relatively big move, but i don't think it's the move you're talking about seelen
i believe you're thinking a bit bigger
Old 07-13-2001, 05:53 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could be as optimistic as you guys that the Mavs are cooking up something. They are just too quiet for my taste...yeah Murph, I don't like being patient about it either.

Im starting to wonder if things are going to be as boring as it was on draft day...although, surely they'll shake things up a bit.

What about Joe Smith? Your not hearing too much about him or Im not finding much about it.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:14 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

All this patients should show the Mavs players how much faith the staff has in them that they will be a force to recon with as they are.