Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-10-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Who Should be the Highest Paid Player in the League

It goes in this order:

1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dirk/Webber

With Kobe coming in at a close 4th.

The reason i say this is b/c they work harder and put up good, versatile number. They may not be "better" than Shaq, but they dedicate themselves to the game, unlike Shaq's big @$$.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2003, 02:49 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq
Old 07-10-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhylan

What the hell were you guys thinking?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:13 AM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Rhylan

What the hell were you guys thinking?
Like DUH!!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:21 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Who Should be the Highest Paid Player in the League

Shaq
Old 07-10-2003, 09:50 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Why do some of you say Shaq? Yeah, he's in the top 5 in scoring, but he talks too much smack for someone who hardly works out over the summer, and waited till a month and a half before the season started to get surgery he could've done a long time before that.

We always hear about either Dirk, Kobe and Garnett doing some offseason training, but you never hear about Shaq, until this season.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

This last season is the first time I've seen Shaq drop the ball. What a pitiful past year for him, especially from someone so dominant. He either grew bored with winning so easily or fed up with Kobe being first option.

Shaq, when healthy and focused, is a force no other team can match.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Last year, when Shaq was doing nothing, there was another Laker that was showing some desire to win 4 straight. Also last year, lots of people were looking at Duncan, the newest champion, as the most dominated. Duncan beats people with his length and skills, not his weight.

For the last three or four season, Tim Duncan effeciency wise, has been better and more dominating with his SILENT demeanor, unlike Shaq's gum-flapping.

~The Salesman
Old 07-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Its just crazy to question Shaq's dedication to winning. Don't you remember that this guy was on pills all the time during 2001-02, 2000-01
championships. I also remember him bleeding in one of the games in 2001-02 games . I am talking about playoffs. There is not a soul in this league who can do what Shaq has done despite having problems and injuries. Who cares if he tries to be funny?

I also remember the clips where they showed injuries to Shaq in the 2001-02 WCF. He had injuries on eight places. This guy was not able to even walk but took pills and played. With the kind of surgery Shaq had last year, history says noone recovered completely. He still was top 5 in scoring.

Bottomline is , the highest paid player in the league should be SHAQ. There is not a damn any top players in the league can do when Shaq is healthy.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #10
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I would think the league MVP on the Championship team would be deserving of the leagues highest salary
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #11
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Kobe
Tmac
Shaq
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:25 AM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

I also remember the clips where they showed injuries to Shaq in the 2001-02 WCF. He had injuries on eight places. This guy was not able to even walk but took pills and played. With the kind of surgery Shaq had last year, history says noone recovered completely. He still was top 5 in scoring.

Bottomline is , the highest paid player in the league should be SHAQ. There is not a damn any top players in the league can do when Shaq is healthy.
Why should Shaq be the highest paid player if his health would be a problem down the road. After Shaq leaves, Tim Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, T-Mac, Garnett will still be here. None of them have serious injuries, so why should they be paid less than a person who doesn't seem dedicated anymore.

~The Salesman
Old 07-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Duncan and Shaq

Its hard to differentiate the two except duncans a lot younger and this year wasn't intimidated by shaq.
2) everyone else- who cares you can put dirk with shaq and hed have three rings, everyone else is just a great player not dominating like these two.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:37 PM   #14
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Whomever can negotiate the highest salary.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #15
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

well in that case, it is whoever's agent can negotiate the highest salary.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #16
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I vote Duncan, Shaq is not dedicated to his team like he should be, he's too Hollywood.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #17
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Chiwas by far... Him and Eddie gain billions and build a chain of mexican restaraunts in Chihauha
Old 07-10-2003, 11:19 PM   #18
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Nash 13, if your talking about hard working, then hands down it goes to Iverson, he is based on all heart when he goes down the lane and gets the sh*t beat out of him.

But i really don't think it has to do with hard working, but who does the best for their team.

Personally i think it is Garnett, but Shaq would be second.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:22 PM   #19
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

for who is the best for their team...duncan has to be way up there. the spurs won the championship, but they are a lottery team without him. garnett and shaq obviously do a lot for their teams too, but they don't have this year's championship to back it up.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:25 PM   #20
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Shaq has 3 chamionships to back it up, but then again he does have Kobe, and who does Duncan have

Stephen Jackson????
Old 07-10-2003, 11:28 PM   #21
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

duncan has steve kerr.

and two years ago, maybe i would have said shaq should be the highest paid player. but the fact is, he didn't win the championship this year, and duncan did.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:49 PM   #22
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

TD & KG at the top b/c they are their teams.

Shaq & Kobe slightly below them. Dirk & T-Mac under that. Webber? No. As far as superstars in this league goes, I think there's a gap between all these players I've mentioned & CWebb.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:02 AM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Shaq.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:20 AM   #24
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Nash 13, if your talking about hard working, then hands down it goes to Iverson, he is based on all heart when he goes down the lane and gets the sh*t beat out of him.

But i really don't think it has to do with hard working, but who does the best for their team.

Personally i think it is Garnett, but Shaq would be second.
Long Blue, if you look at the very 1st post, i said that the people i mentioned put more versatile numbers, and work harder than most players.

And Iverson should not hardly be a high paid athlete, or the highest paid. He's a one-deminsional player. The only thing that really separates him from Doug Christie is his scoring.

~The Salesman
Old 07-11-2003, 01:10 AM   #25
EVAN

EVAN is on a distinguished road

Tmac is a blessing in disguise for whoever takes him after hes done in Orlando.... I truly think hes better than kobe... You've gotta love the way he shakes and bakes all his defenders....he creates massive separation between him and his defenders and hits shots like they were nothing! (youve also gotta love the way he can take a garbage team and bring them to the eastern conf. playoffs...)

He's great and if i were a gm/owner I would pay top dollar for him... alot of people say he cant bring his team out of the 1st round like kg... but what that really translates to is "he cant bring HIMSELF out of the first round" he is the only player on the team...even though you see four other guys wearing the same uniform on the court lol...
EVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:49 AM   #26
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Damon Stoudamire might be the highest paid-player.

And if not him, then maybe Lamar Odom.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote