Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boston Summer League

The Mavs 2nd summer league team played its first game today. They beat the Hawks 87-70. I've tried getting the boxscore and it's not letting me. Either I have it saved on my computer (which I don't see where) or I don't have the software to view it.

Would someone mind going over to proexposure and seeing if they can access it? I would appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I'll see what I can do about the boxscore.

I'll be at the game at 12 noon Boston time tomorrow....Mavs vs. Knicks.

Lampe vs. Howard!!!!!

I will give a full detailed report on Thursday with pictures.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Road Rage

Road Rage is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Boston Summer League

Box score in .pdf format
Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:30 PM   #4
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

We have changed our team?? where is howard, daniels???
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Howard and Daniels are playing in the Long Beach summer league. This is the Boston Summer league. Howard and Daniels are not playing in the Boston Summer league. They are two completly different teams.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #6
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

So maybe I am looking forward to Lampe vs.....Chris Herren?

Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 PM   #7
Chicago JK

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
So maybe I am looking forward to Lampe vs.....Chris Herren?
I want to see the battle of giants of Vranes vs. Rinkevius. It doesn't get better than that. They should just clear the court and let those giants go after each other.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
Chicago JK

FYI Lebron James won't be at the games on Wed either. He will be at the ESPY's in LA. Ya gotta love it!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:12 PM   #9
Hitman
Golden Member

Yeah I got that news already. Thanks, though.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:17 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Am I the only one that thinks TAW ought to be playing.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:21 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me, Dooby.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks TAW ought to be playing.
I do and I thought that was the plan.

The only reason he shouldn't take part is if the knee is acting up and would cause him to miss the beginning of the regular season.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Mavs Lose in Triple Overtime

Boston -- The Dallas Mavericks fell to 1-1 in the Reebok Summer Pro League after losing to New York 103-101 in triple overtime earlier today.

The Mavericks led by as many as 16 points in regulation before the Knicks outscored Dallas 26-20 in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 87 at the end of regulation. The teams each scored nine points in the first overtime and three in the second overtime. Dallas had a chance to win the game but a three-point attempt fell short.

Derrick Alston led the Mavericks with a team-high 17 points while Chris Herren added 16 off the bench to go along with 10 assists. Other players in double figures included Tony Stanley with 16, Kaniel Dickens with 15 and Marcus Goree with 11.

Frank Williams led the Knicks with 35 points while New York's first round draft choice, Michael Sweetney, had 20 points and a game-high 13 rebounds.

Dallas shot 45.7% from the field but made just 5-of-21 three-pointers. New York won the battle of the boards by a 52-28 margin.

The Mavericks continue play in the Reebok Summer Pro League tomorrow night against Cleveland and No. 1 draft choice LeBron James. The game can be seen on NBA TV starting at 5 p.m. Dallas time.

New York Knicks' Maciej Lampe, right, battles for the ball with Dallas Mavericks' Aaron McGhee, left, during the first half of their game at the NBA's Reebok Pro Summer League in Boston Wednesday, July 16, 2003.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:08 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

How did Lampe do?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
How did Lampe do?
I don't know. I can't read the boxscores. On the Knicks espn board, I think it said he scored 21pts and 6-7 rebounds.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:52 AM   #16
Hitman
Golden Member

I was at the games yesterday. It was pretty cool, in that we walked in and were the first people in this tiny gym and Lampe and Slavko Vranes were warming up. Seats were first row, dead center court.

Lampe is a very big kid. He needs to work on his body because he has no muscle definition whatsoever. He is much more "lumbering" than Dirk. But he can shoot, and he has big legs ala Yao Ming and a pretty big posterior. He was posting up well, and passing out of the post well. His rebounding fundementals are not great.

However, he scored 21 points and nailed 3 three pointers. I'd say he had about 5 rebounds and played about 34 minutes. The game was triple overtime and Lampe cost the Knicks the game at the end of the 1st overtime. Some guy was shooting free throws for the Celtics with the Celtics down 3. He made the first and missed the second and Lampe did not box out, so some guy on the Celtics "about 6'5"" got the rebound and putback as the buzzer sounded. Big gaffe.

However, he is just a kid, and he has a lot of potential as an inside-out force. Not a small forward in the NBA--period. He will be a power forward. His body is not suited towards power forward. All in all, yesterday was a great great time. Got to meet Danny Ainge, Willis Reed, David Alridge, Jim O'Brien, Lampe, and lots of other big timers. Kenyon Martin was there and the Boston crowd harassed him and he gave the crowd the 4-0 sign which was funny. Then they started chanting 3-23 at him. Paul Pierce was also there which caused a big stir.

Other notables: Frank Williams on the Knicks is another shoot first point guard but he pretty much did whatever he wanted out there. Chris Herren on the Mavs looked terrific, and I know it is summer league but there could be a place for him on the roster if Nick were traded. With Nash, Nick and AJ then probably not, but he is a solid, solid player. Al Harrington didn't show much at all. Kwame Brown is a monster and looked really good, but I hear he has been looking good for the past few years. He doesn't seem to be the most "motivated-hungry" guy. He has so much ability and it comes easy for him.

I'll try to post more details later...but it was a great time and if anyone has a chance to go it would be worth your time (even without LeBron who was at the ESPY awards). Bottom Line about Lampe--he will turn out to be a good pro, but he is not a guy who reminds me of Dirk other than the fact that he is foreign, he is 7 foot tall and he can shoot.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #17
Hitman
Golden Member

One more thing of note. The Nets, Wizards, Sixers, Mavs, Knicks, Spurs, Celtics were the teams playing in the games yesterday.

Byron Scott of the Nets was there. Eddie Jordan of the Wizards was there and actually coaching the team. Ayers of the Sixers was there. Don Chaney of the Knicks was there. Jim O'Brien of the Celtics was there. Greg Popovich of the Spurs was there.

Rolando Blackman was there but there, but no Don, Donnie or Del.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #18
Chicago JK

thanks for the update Hitman. Much appreciated. I wish some summer leagues happened around there....I would love to be there.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Funny thing about that picture of Lampe. He started the game with a diamond earing, and I noticed it as he was warming up and thought, "Why is he wearing an earing? You can't wear an earring during a basketball game" Before tip off I saw Tyrone Nesby on the Knicks team gesture to him about the earring, and he brushed him off. But then after the second quarter the refs noticed and made him put that bandage on.

Kids these days.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Anyone watch the Mavs vs Cleveland game on NBA tv today?
Old 07-18-2003, 08:14 AM   #21
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

VISITOR: Dallas Mavericks (1-2)

NO PLAYER MIN FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA OR DR TOT A PF ST TO BS PTS
52 Kaniel Dickens F 16 0 5 0 2 0 0 0 5 5 4 4 0 0 0 0
55 Derek Hood F 25 8 15 0 0 4 5 6 5 11 1 5 0 0 2 20
50 Derrick Alston C 26 5 11 0 0 6 7 3 8 11 1 4 2 1 1 16
7 Lavor Postell G 12 2 5 0 0 3 3 1 2 3 0 1 0 1 0 7
9 Chris Herren G 25 3 10 3 6 1 2 0 1 1 4 1 1 1 0 10
32 Aaron McGhee 13 2 6 0 0 2 2 2 1 3 0 2 0 1 0 6
54 Marcus Goree 28 4 11 1 3 2 3 0 2 2 1 1 1 3 2 11
12 Tony Stanley 28 1 6 0 0 2 4 3 2 5 2 3 1 1 0 4
10 Jemeil Rich 15 2 4 0 0 1 2 0 2 2 3 3 0 3 0 5
21 Adam Harrington 12 2 5 0 1 0 0 1 3 4 2 2 0 0 0 4
40 Jules Camara DNP - Coach's Decision
34 Giebrius Rinkevius DNP - Coach's Decision
30 Tomas van den Spiegel DND
TOTALS: 200 29 78 4 12 21 28 16 31 47 18 26 5 11 5 83
PERCENTAGES: 37.2% 33.3% 75.0% TM REB: 10 TOT TO: 11 (11 PTS)

HOME: CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (1-2)

1 Carlos Boozer F 9 1 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 2 0 0 2 2
21 Darius Miles F 30 8 15 0 0 4 6 0 12 12 3 4 1 2 1 20
52 DeSagana Diop C 30 4 12 0 0 1 1 0 5 5 2 4 0 0 5 9
2 Dajuan Wagner G 23 4 8 1 2 8 9 0 1 1 2 3 1 2 0 17
5 Hollis Price G 21 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 6 2 1 2 0 4
27 Robert Jackson 18 6 6 0 0 0 1 0 5 5 1 4 1 0 0 12
37 Wesley Wilson 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
35 Jerod Ward 7 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
8 Kristaps Valters 10 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 1 3 3 1 1 1 0 0
24 Jason Kapono 17 3 10 0 1 2 2 0 2 2 2 1 1 1 0 8
36 Geoff Owens 12 2 3 0 0 1 1 3 2 5 1 4 0 0 0 5
17 Roberto Bergersen 10 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
14 Robert Conley 9 3 5 1 2 1 4 1 1 2 3 0 1 0 0 8
23 LeBron James DND
26 Dan Miller DNP - Coach's Decision
15 Todor Stojkov DNP - Coach's Decision
TOTALS: 200 34 77 2 5 17 24 8 34 42 24 27 7 8 8 87
PERCENTAGES: 44.2% 40.0% 70.8% TM REB: 7 TOT TO: 8 (12 PTS)

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:08 PM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

10 Jemeil Rich G 37 5 10 0 2 1 2 1 2 3 16 4 4 2 0 11

Yes in case you are wondering, Rich had 16 assists yesterday. Not bad!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #23
Road Rage

Road Rage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
However, he scored 21 points and nailed 3 three pointers.
So the boxscore is wrong?

Knicks Celtics box score
Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #24
Hitman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Road Rage
Quote:
However, he scored 21 points and nailed 3 three pointers.
So the boxscore is wrong?

Knicks Celtics box score
Wrong game. I was talking about the game on the 16th vs. the Mavs team.