Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default 7/24 ESPN Insider- The WEST...Mavs #5 Team...projected at 57 wins WITH KURT THOMAS Mavs to sign Daniels ?

Who will be the best in the West?
By Chad Ford
NBA Insider
Send an Email to Chad Ford Thursday, July 24
Updated: July 24
11:29 AM ET

The playoff contenders in the Western Conference just hit DEFCON 2. There is an outright civil war brewing in the West.

Just two weeks after the Lakers decided to put together a Dream Team that could knock out Team USA -- the rest of the West is beginning its emergency response program.

On Wednesday the T-Wolves made their biggest move of the summer, swapping Terrell Brandon and Marc Jackson for Latrell Sprewell.

The Kings and Spurs weren't far behind. Several league sources confirmed to Insider late Wednesday night that, barring an unforeseen change of heart this morning, the Kings will add Brad Miller (via sign-and-trade) to their burgeoning front line and the Spurs, in the same deal, will add Hedo Turkoglu and Ron Mercer to their backcourt.

Neither team is giving up that much as part of the upgrade. The Spurs will send Danny Ferry to the Pacers with a non-guaranteed contract and the Kings will ship off Scot Pollard to the Pacers.

And after being left out of the cold all summer, the Mavs may finally be ready to answer as well. The New York Daily News is reporting that the Knicks and Mavs have reignited talks that would send big man Kurt Thomas and point guard Charlie Ward to the Mavs in return for Raef LaFrentz. That deal doesn't work under salary-cap guidelines, but the inclusion of someone like Evan Eschmeyer or Shawn Bradley would get the numbers close enough.

If the Miller trade goes down as expected and if Mark Cuban can pull a little magic out of his hat to add some toughness to the Mavs' frontcourt -- you're looking at five teams in the West that could decimate the East and the rest of the Western Conference.

How do they rank against one another? Insider breaks it down:

1. Los Angeles Lakers
Projected record: 69-13
Biggest additions: Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Brian Cook
Biggest subtractions: Robert Horry, Samaki Walker
The skinny: Assuming Kobe Bryant isn't serving four years in a Colorado penitentiary, it's tough to find fault with these Lakers. They have the best center in the NBA, best two guard, second-best point guard and a legend at power forward. Depth may still be an issue in L.A., but assuming Shaq keeps healthy, they won't need it -- the other three guys are iron men. However, a bench that features Derek Fisher, Kareem Rush, rookies Brian Cook and Luke Walton and Rick Fox (when he's healthy) isn't that bad. Chemistry will be the watch word with this team, but our guess is that Payton, Malone and Shaq (Kobe's always hungry) are hungry enough to put their egos aside and wreak havoc on the NBA.

2. Sacramento Kings
Projected record: 62-20
Biggest additions: Brad Miller
Biggest subtractions: Hedo Turkoglu, Scot Pollard
The skinny: Say what you will about the Kings missing their window of opportunity. They just added another four to five years of shelf life with the addition of Miller. Everyone knows that Vlade Divac doesn't have too many years left, but the rest of the Kings -- Chris Webber, Mike Bibby, Peja Stojakovic, Doug Christie and Bobby Jackson -- still have plenty of life left in them. Miller gives them an expensive (his seven-year deal will likely start at $7 million according to sources) comfort blanket. The team will miss Turkoglu, but the Maloofs knew they couldn't afford to pay him once his contract expired next summer. Their bench of Bobby Jackson, Miller, Gerald Wallace and Keon Clark (assuming he stays, see below) is still the deepest in the West.

3. San Antonio Spurs
Projected record: 60-22
Biggest additions: Rasho Nesterovic, Hedo Turkoglu, Ron Mercer, Robert Horry
Biggest subtractions: David Robinson, Speedy Claxton, possibly Stephen Jackson
The skinny: If the Miller trade goes down, the Spurs may be the first NBA team ever to have a starting five of players born outside the United States. Tony Parker, Emanuel Ginobili, Turkoglu, Tim Duncan and Nesterovic were all born overseas. The losses of Robinson and Claxton will hurt. And it appears that, with the addition of Turkoglu, Horry and Mercer, that Jackson may also be out the door. But the Spurs did something very clever here. Turkoglu has the potential to be a star and is the versatile forward that the team really coveted. Horry gives the team a versatile sharp shooting forward who loves to take the big shot with the game on the line. Mercer's numbers dipped dramatically in Indiana, but he's a legit scorer who should rebound nicely with all the open looks he'll get playing with Duncan. The Spurs still need to add a veteran point guard to back up Parker and they could use another big man to watch Nesterovic's back, but there's no reason to believe that with Parker's continued development and Duncan's health that this team will be right back in the mix of things out West.

4. Minnesota Timberwolves
Projected record: 58-24
Biggest additions: Latrell Sprewell, Michael Olowokandi, Sam Cassell
Biggest subtractions: Rasho Nesterovic, Joe Smith, Marc Jackson
The skinny: On paper, you can make the arguement that the Wolves should actually be ranked higher. We've heard of the "Big 3" in Dallas, but the Wolves have put together a team that could plausibly be dubbed the "Big 5". Or, if things don't go quite the way Kevin McHale plans -- the "Blazers East". That's the real quandary in Minnesota right now. The talent level in Minnesota is unbelievable. The Wolves arguably upgraded at three positions and putting aside whatever you think about Sprewell's personal life -- he's a winner. However, off the court, there's some bad juju brewing in Minnesota. Teams can usually afford to add one or two bad seeds to the mix. But the Wolves could potentially have four if you throw Troy Hudson into the mix. After years of claiming that Flip Saunders was one of the most underrated coaches in the business -- he's finally going to get the opportunity to prove us right. Juggling the egos, off-the-court transgressions and a razor-thin bench will take a Phil Jackson-esque karma

5. Dallas Mavericks
Projected record: 57-25
Biggest additions: Kurt Thomas, Josh Howard
Biggest subtractions: Raef LaFrentz
The skinny: This assumes that Cuban and the Knicks actually work out a trade for Thomas. I don't think it's a wild assumption. The Mavs know they're going to have to add more beef in the middle if they want to keep up with the rest of the West. Thomas may not be an all-star center, but he's tough and will do the dirty work that LaFrentz is unable or unwilling to get done. The team still has its "Big 3" and there's no reason to believe it won't continue to get better. But the key will be to find some sort of consistency in the paint this year -- especially on the defensive end. The Lakers (with Shaq and Malone), the Kings (with CWebb, Divac and Miller) the Spurs (with Duncan and Nesterovic) and the T-Wolves (with KG and Olowokandi) are just too tough there. If the Mavs had added Zo, they'd be right back up there, but it appears right now that Thomas will have to do.

The Best of the Rest: The top five are clear, after that everything is going to be up for grabs in the West. The Suns appear poised to take another step and should be able to grab the sixth seed in the West. Amare Stoudemire will only get better and the Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion make them the young team to watch in the West.

It's just too early to call Portland at this point. Up to now, the Blazers have done nothing. But I expect with new GM John Nash running the show, that's going to change. They still have enough talent, even without any change to land a seventh or eighth seed out West.

The last spot is really up for grabs. Jeff Van Gundy will try to right the ship in Houston. But that assumes there was something wrong with it in the first place. If Yao Ming and Eddie Griffin develop -- they shouldn't have any worries. The Clippers, believe it or not, should be much better next season. If they match Corey Maggette and Lamar Odom as expected, their young core can finally rest easy. Marko Jaric may be a better fit at the point than Andre Miller and new coach Mike Dunleavy should help them escape from their funk.

The Warriors were poised to make another big leap this year, but losing Gilbert Arenas will hurt. The Sonics haven't done enough to really reverse their slide. The Grizzlies are still a big man away, the Jazz could very well end up losing John Stockton and Karl Malone and getting nothing in return, and the Nuggets will be better with Carmelo Anthony and Andre Miller, but their free agency take this summer was, overall, a bit disappointing.

Around the League

It hasn't taken long for the reverberations of Wednesday night's deals to be felt in the NBA's other conference . . .

Elden Campbell
Forward-Center
Seattle SuperSonics

2002-2003 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
56 6.1 3.2 0.9 .397 .801

Sources in Detroit told Insider Wednesday night that the Pistons were on the verge of signing center Elden Campbell to a two-year deal starting at $4 million a season. Campbell's agent, Richard Howell, declined comment on the deal. If the deal holds up over night, the move will likely spell the end of Cliff Robinson's career with the Pistons. Campbell will already join three other Piston 7-footers -- Zeljko Rebraca, Darko Milicic and Mehmet Okur. And, don't forget the Pistons also have Ben Wallace who, at 6-foot-9, plays bigger than the other four.

Those five will give Detroit the biggest front line in the East. The Pistons are set just about everywhere else. Chauncey Billups and Chucky Atkins at the point, Richard Hamilton and Carlos Delfino (who now appears likely to come this year) at the two, Tayshaun Prince and Corliss Williamson at the three and the five big guys up front. Where will Robinson end up? Don't be shocked if you see him land in Big D. Nellie's has a thing for Robinson and a Robinson-for-Avery Johnson deal works under the cap (and saves the Pistons some money next season).

The Sixers just added a Big Dog and a big center in Marc Jackson, but they also tried to get their hands on Keon Clark on Wednesday. League sources claimed that the Sixers talked with the Kings about a trade that would send Clark to Philly for Greg Buckner, Efthimios Rentzias and Sam Clancy. However, Kings GM Geoff Petrie told the Sacramento Bee Thursday that the talks died last night.

The Pacers probably aren't through dealing. The trade that will send Brad Miller to Sacramento and Ron Mercer to San Antonio will net them Scot Pollard and Danny Ferry. Pollard isn't going anywhere, but Ferry's non-guaranteed contract may help them move point guard Jamaal Tinsley. Here's a thought (and that's all it is). Why not offer Tinsley, Austin Croshere and Ferry to Philly for Eric Snow and Greg Buckner? With the way John Salmons has been playing in the summer league, the Sixers are ready to give him more time. Together with Tinsley, they'd have their point guard position taken care off. Croshere would give them a versatile forward. For the Pacers, they'd get a seasoned point guard and a guy in Buckner who can defend three positions on the floor.

The Heat met with Lamar Odom on Wednesday, but Odom left Miami late Wednesday night without an offer sheet. According to the Sun Sentinel, Odom and the Heat are waiting to see what the Clippers do with Corey Maggette and Andre Miller before taking more steps. The Clips have until Thursday to match Maggette and Miller's offer sheets.

Jason Terry
Guard
Atlanta Hawks

2002-2003 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
81 17.2 3.4 7.4 .428 .887

The Hawks now have enough cap flexibility to make an offer to restricted free agent Jason Terry. Once Terrell Brandon's deal comes off the books in February, the Hawks' payroll for this year will actually be a little under the cap. That gives them roughly $15 million to work with if the team wants to continue to spend without incurring a luxury-tax obligation.

The Spurs will have to renounce free agent Stephen Jackson to get far enough under the cap to add Turkoglu and Mercer to the fold. That means that Jackson is now in play.

The T-Wolves will be looking at a $1.5 million trade exception after the Spree deal. The team send roughly $15 million in salary out and only took back $13.5 million in return.

No word yet on whether the Rockets will match the Grizzlies' offer sheet to James Posey. Insider first reported on Wednesday that the offer sheet was for four years, $24 million. That may be too rich for the Rockets' blood. The Rockets' payroll is already dangerously close to the luxury tax. Giving Posey that deal would push them over the edge. "We have to look at all the options," GM Carroll Dawson told the Houston Chronicle. "We have two weeks. We'll have to see. We have time."

Summer Love

Sixers point guard John Salmons continues to wow the team with his rock-solid play. Not only has Salmons become a sort of scoring machine, he's handing out assists and holding his own at the point guard position. Salmons had another big game on Wednesday, scoring 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting and handing out 11 assists at the Rocky Mountain Revue. He also had three steals. On Tuesday, Salmons had 27 points on 9-for-12 shooting, seven boards and three assists. Combine that with his MVP performance at the Reebok Summer Pro League in Boston, where he averaged 19.6 ppg and 5.8 apg, and the Sixers believe the second-year point guard may be ready to go this year.

Undrafted rookie Marquis Daniels continues to make a strong push to make the Mavericks. Daniels has been the Mavs' most consistent summer performer. On Wednesday, Daniels scored 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting from the field.

Knicks rookie Maciej Lampe had his best game yet on Wednesday, scoring 25 points and grabbing 11 boards. Lampe shot 10-for-18 from the field and hit three 3-pointers.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default 7/24 ESPN Insider- The WEST...Mavs #5 Team...projected at 57 wins WITH KURT THOMAS Mavs to sign Daniels ?

Oooooo, Lawd......somebody done went and did it......

Mavericks are picked 5th.

I'll go him one better----50-53 wins.

And I'll speak the unspeakable--a Dirk injury and this club slips to .500.

Ominicious:

Quote:
Knicks rookie Maciej Lampe had his best game yet on Wednesday, scoring 25 points and grabbing 11 boards. Lampe shot 10-for-18 from the field and hit three 3-pointers.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #3
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

I read this too. I don't put much weight in his assessment, he's just pulling numbers out of his butt. If he decided to show a formula that gives him those numbers, I'd pay more attention, I might not agree, but at least I'd be convinced that he thought it out. I suppose I've also just soured on his writing, which makes me discount his writing.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default 7/24 ESPN Insider- The WEST...Mavs #5 Team...projected at 57 wins WITH KURT THOMAS.... Mavs to sign Daniels ?

Your right, he really should explain his math. I'll go get my abacus. Prove it all up scientifically, or somesuch.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default 7/24 ESPN Insider- The WEST...Mavs #5 Team...projected at 57 wins WITH KURT THOMAS.... Mavs to sign Daniels ?

I'm having a hard time with the 69-13 record for the Lakers....Good team indeed, but you would have to assume the a real week Western COnference for that record. You have to play 6 other decent Western Conference teams, along with two improving Eastern Conference teams, and your looking at 15 losses already, not including the normal one in a while flubs against inferior teams. I think they end up 58-24.

Mavericks will drop to the low to mid 50 wins...
Old 07-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

60-22 was enough to win the west last year. 9 extra games is hard to swallow. More likely 63 wins for the ultimate West regular season champ. Whether that is LA or SA, I don't know, but it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, I am confident it is the Lakers that will be holding the trophy.

I guess I rank the West as:

LA
SA
SAC
DAL & MINN (tie)
PHO
HOU
PORT
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:19 AM   #7
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Your right, he really should explain his math. I'll go get my abacus. Prove it all up scientifically, or somesuch.
I know I'm right. I know he's just pulling numbers out of the air, that's what he does. If he had any reason other than that, he'd explain them, because it would give him more credibility, and would make for interesting reading.

The lakers won't win 69 games next year because Shaq is motivated to win championships, not regular season games, and as Shaq goes, so go the lakers.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #8
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

I predict that chad's prediction is a mishit of the magnitude of last year's yao ming prediction.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #9
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Well there's really no scientific way to prove the records because you can't equate for the mental aspect of the game, i.e. which team shows up that night. Dallas alone has shown that they have 3 different teams wrapped into one.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

too much of the too much respect for california, not enough for dallas attitude that people love.

69 wins? come on. Jeremiah's right. Even if they figure out how to play together, it'll take a few games, and they won't turn it on till the playoffs.

Sacramento has suddenly vaulted ahead of dallas? Last year we were even. Vlade will break down a bit, and Pollard is gone. Miller won't add much in replacement of those. If they lose Keon as well, they won't have those two lucky putbacks working for them again this year, either.

Minnesota leaps ahead of Dallas (or even even with them)? Give me a break. At best (and I do mean at a generous best) Minnesota pulls to just even on paper. How can a team move ahead of another team when their players are evenly matched with the other teams, but are head cases and team cancers and are playing together for the first time?

Everyone is treating Raef LaFrentz as the Mavs big hole. This year, even without a replacement, the spot taken by Reaf will be better. He will improve. If we get rid of him, it will presumably be for someone that is better than him. As long as we don't make some stupid trade just to be part of the offseason movement club, Dallas this year will be better than last.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #11
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Health questions are the big "IF" for all the teams, but:

IF TAW is truly healthy this year, our perimeter defense is already vastly improved.

IF Bradley is able to play from day one without the lingering effects of off-season surgery, we are better at the 5 than we were in the WCF.

IF Finley can play both ends of the court like he showed flashes of in the WCF and like you would expect from a player with a $100 MM contract, we have better perimeter defense. If we re-sign Bell and he plays up to the level we have come to expect, we will have sufficient defense from the 2 spot.

IF Najera is recovered from the knee injury that slowed him last year and IF he is pushed to back up the two Forwards spots and is not the starter at SF, we are better defensively.

uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan

IF TAW is truly healthy this year, our perimeter defense is already vastly improved.

IF Bradley is able to play from day one without the lingering effects of off-season surgery, we are better at the 5 than we were in the WCF.

IF Finley can play both ends of the court like he showed flashes of in the WCF and like you would expect from a player with a $100 MM contract, we have better perimeter defense. If we re-sign Bell and he plays up to the level we have come to expect, we will have sufficient defense from the 2 spot.

IF Najera is recovered from the knee injury that slowed him last year and IF he is pushed to back up the two Forwards spots and is not the starter at SF, we are better defensively.

I agree and I think people ignore these facts sometimes. TAW is very good perimeter defender which may be due to him being so athletic. If Fin continues to bring that same D he brought in the playoffs this post season along with TAW, Josh Howard and hopefully Raja Bell then your perimeter D at the 2 and 3 doesn't sound so bad anymore. Than here comes the 1 postition. This is where I think the Mavs hurt drastically. I think with our pg's its just a matter of sacrificing some O for some D. With Nash's style of play I don't see that happening at all. With Nick I just don't believe he even wants to play D. I have seen him during the season show that when the game is on the line and turnover needs to occur he will get down and dive for balls and do whatever it takes. I don't think you see that enough but these guys are 30 years old.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:51 PM   #13
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan

I agree and I think people ignore these facts sometimes. TAW is very good perimeter defender which may be due to him being so athletic. If Fin continues to bring that same D he brought in the playoffs this post season along with TAW, Josh Howard and hopefully Raja Bell then your perimeter D at the 2 and 3 doesn't sound so bad anymore. Than here comes the 1 postition. This is where I think the Mavs hurt drastically. I think with our pg's its just a matter of sacrificing some O for some D. With Nash's style of play I don't see that happening at all. With Nick I just don't believe he even wants to play D. I have seen him during the season show that when the game is on the line and turnover needs to occur he will get down and dive for balls and do whatever it takes. I don't think you see that enough but these guys are 30 years old.

IF Bell can play some point, and I don't know if he can or not--give him some time there during preseason to find out-then you have defense at the PG when you need it. IF Daniels can play PG inNBA, we are improved there as well.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Thats assuming a lot hello kandiman career underachiever biggest bust first overall pick since sam bowie. Excuse me but their's a reason that sam cassel is called sam i am cassel. Hes selfish thats the deal. Minny one more first round lost.

Kings well while they got better they still lost substantial players with pollard and hedo. Sure they are 10th and 11th man guys but players 6-11 on that team is very close.

Magic said it himself on best damn sports show "La has competition for the title minnesota, dallas, and san antonio" " He went on to say that the lakers would probably win around 60 wins not 69. Hello what about the distraction factor if Kobe goes on trial that will surely be a distraction. Lets not forget the other thug on the team GP is on assault charges as is former teammate sam cassel.

Hello webber is coming of injuries there is no way they win 60 games with him out for the first 14 games or so that he is expected to miss.

Knee Jerk , Knee Jerk, chemistry does matter. Just ask the lakers who at one time had glen rice, kobe bryant , horace grant and Shaq. And before that they had five all-stars on one team and still didn't win the title. It will all come down to whos the better superstar period, dirk, kg, duncan, kobe, webber or shaq bottom line. Did we all forget dispite injuries to nick vanexel and raef lafrentz we started the season 14-0.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Chemistry is so overrated which has been said here over a million times. But its the truth. I think when you talk about chemistry the only way you benefit from it is playing like the Kings. That team has great chemistry. However I don't think there is a chemistry that can kill your team. When you have 4 potential all stars chemistry shouldn't even matter. And if the Mavs are hoping for The Wolves, Spurs or Lakers to have chemistry problems in order to win a championship than they are in trouble. While its possible its not very smart to wish for luck or hoep that your team can compete because of other teams problems.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:16 PM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

So... we have 4 PGs and only 2 centers in the team if we trade with the Knicks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
So... we have 4 PGs and only 2 centers in the team if we trade with the Knicks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

That's what I am thinking. Kurt Thomas is not a center. He is a 4 that plays on a team with no center and nobody else that could possibly play at center.

jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:35 PM   #18
JoshHoward5

JoshHoward5 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 7/24 ESPN Insider- The WEST...Mavs #5 Team...projected at 57 wins WITH KURT THOMAS.... Mavs to sign Daniels ?

<That's what I am thinking. Kurt Thomas is not a center. He is a 4 that plays on a team with no center and nobody else that could possibly play at center.>

So does this mean Dirk moves to the 3?
JoshHoward5 is offline   Reply With Quote