Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Making the Mavs a contender

Rumors abound about Raef Lafrentz and Evan Eschmeyer being shipped to New York for Kurt Thomas and Charlie Ward. Would I do that deal? Absolutely. But that isn't enough to contend with the Lakers, Kings, and Spurs of the world. I would package Charlie and Avery Johnson (both who have expiring contracts at the end of this season) to Atlanta for Theo Ratliff. I might throw in a future 1st rounder and cash to sweeten the deal. Atlanta apparently is in a rebuilding mode...desperately trying to rid themselves of massive contracts...see Glen Robinson. Avery, Charlie, and Terrell Brandon (who came from the Minnesota deal) would give Atlanta a ton of salary-cap room at the end of next year (around 20 million). What good will that do? Who knows. With the full mid-level exception, I would then try to get Stephen Jackson...filling the SF position. I truly believe a 4 year 22 million dollar offer would get Jackson here to Dallas.

To potenitally get Thomas, Ratliff, and Jackson would be a successful offseason. But the question is will the Mavs do anything? Or continue to have this "let's just stand pat" stance?

Your thoughts?
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links