Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-07-2003, 01:29 PM   #41
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default Complete Cuban chat transcript from LMF

Great job KG. Thanks for doing this for us.

Tattle-tales and crybabies suck.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #42
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: jacktruth
last report on raef is that he is up to 265 on the bench,. .
I don't think he is talking about Raef weighing 265 and 300, he is talking about Raef LIFTING 265 and 300.
Oh, man. Thanks jacktruth. I was thinking that at 300 on the bench, Raef was going to be a lot better at holding the bench down. At the least, he would cover a larger area for warming the bench. "What kind of workouts is he going through, " I wondered, "Beer and burger curls?"

A stronger Raef has to be a better Raef. Good to see he's putting in that kind of effort. Hope he's hitting the books, too.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:42 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as i said in another post, im willing to spend. The problem is that the better the team the harder it is to improve, and the better the team the more the other teams want your top 5 or6 guys and not your 7 -15 guys

m

Thanks for your response.

I know that signing these players does not impact our salary cap flexibility, but i was talking about the free spending days being over as we are not doing any signings/trades just based on talent upgrade anymore, but also paying attention to the luxury tax that the team is going to pay.
I thought this quote was particularly interesting. The fan is asking Cuban why he now pays attention to luxury tax and why the "free spending days" are over. Cuban seems to say that the players available won't improve the team, NOT that he isn't willing to spend the money. If that's the case, is he saying Stepania (for instance) wouldn't improve the team?

The rest of his statement makes no sense. He says that the better your team is, the more other teams want your top 5-6 guys and not your 7-15 guys. If your team is better, theoretically your 7-15 guys would be better, and therefore have more trade value.

Old 08-07-2003, 04:53 PM   #44
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i think hes saying there that the more you improve your team, the more contenders try to take valuable players from you while they might be more apt to trade for role players from bottom of the barrel teams.

basically, if portland had the choice of trading with memphis or trading with dallas all things being equal they would rather trade with memphis unless they got a substantially better value offer from dallas.

makes sense to me.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #45
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

basically, if portland had the choice of trading with memphis or trading with dallas all things being equal they would rather trade with memphis unless they got a substantially better value offer from dallas.

makes sense to me.

True. Good point about his second statement.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #46
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Thanks KG, GREATTTTTTT WORK!

I honestly can't see raef's pussy arse bench 275. Not saying its sooo hard, just can't see Raef doing it. If so, this is quite good. Unfortunately, added weight/strengh doesn't equal toughness, but it helps. Wonder how much shawn, dirk, mike and lol nash can bench?

I really like TAW and that is good news. Yes he's overpaid, but an ox of a defender, hopefully Nellie will give him some pt, some of adrian's time too.

All in all, his answers were defensive, quite ambiguous, but nice read.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:43 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

kg- thanks again. The usefullness of the transcript is very high and you taking the time out of your day to do the coding, etc is very much appreciated.

chiwas- not sure why you are doing the arguing here. It's a good thread. There have been many threads not locked on similar topics with differing angles. This one produced the exact info, the other thread was fairly vague. I certainly do not see a double standard.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #48
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Thanks KG, GREATTTTTTT WORK!

I honestly can't see raef's pussy arse bench 275. Not saying its sooo hard, just can't see Raef doing it. If so, this is quite good. Unfortunately, added weight/strengh doesn't equal toughness, but it helps. Wonder how much shawn, dirk, mike and lol nash can bench.
I dont think its hard to believe that Raef can bench 275, its not a whole lotta weight for someone his size. I hardly workout now, I'm only 5'11"/160, and I can bench 210.
I know that Dirk likes doing handstands, Mike likes leg pressing, Nash does sit-ups. I would also like to know what they bench too.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:08 PM   #49
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Great job KG you are appreciated.
I for one would love to see Raef building up his strength. But I would also love to see Raef playing PF and have a legit C.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:40 PM   #50
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Complete Cuban chat transcript from LMF

Quote:
chiwas- not sure why you are doing the arguing here. It's a good thread. There have been many threads not locked on similar topics with differing angles. This one produced the exact info, the other thread was fairly vague. I certainly do not see a double standard.
It's just the way you want to see the things. Even when you are partially right, you also are partially wrong.

Certainly many people, whose threads were locked, were stepped aside this time, as I have observed that have happened many times in this place.

When the standards are subjetively flexible, depending on the conditions and actors, they don't serve. The institution get stuck in favor of some persons, but get hurt itself.

Now I'm feel free to insult whatever poster I want, cause the rule is flexible; I mention it just like one example. Whenever I insult somebody, I will make the reference to this thread (and others).
Old 08-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #51
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

weird...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:18 AM   #52
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

When the standards are subjetively flexible, depending on the conditions and actors, they don't serve. The institution get stuck in favor of some persons, but get hurt itself.

What "standard" wasn't upheld? Threads have been locked in the past when they posted the same article twice, or when they discussed the exact same theoretical trade. But threads pop up on a daily basis that are variations on the same basic topic. In this case, Chicago JK posted a thread saying that Cuban was at LMF if anyone wanted to try and go talk to him. JK really didn't discuss what Cuban was saying or post any of the messages from LMF. That's why I did it. I went back and took the time to cut, paste and format everything because I wanted everyone on this board to be able to read the entirety of what Cuban had said in about 20 different posts on that board. Clicking on the link would have only led to one of them, and within a week all of the posts would have been gone. The reason I did it in a separate thread is that I wanted it to be easy to find if someone searches for it a month from now. I'm sorry, but I just don't see how any "standard" has been violated. And I certainly don't see how the institution (d-m.com) is being hurt.

In reality, the only reason you complained about this thread being opened is that I opened it.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:49 AM   #53
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
In reality, the only reason you complained about this thread being opened is that I opened it.
You have an inferiority complex.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #54
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

You have an inferiority complex.

Thanks for the clinical diagnosis.

Point out one other thread that you've been this insistent on closing.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:21 AM   #55
Chiwas
Guru

If you feel paranoic, it's not my problem.

Besides, my post was directed to Doc, replying to his comment.

I don't care about you anymore, as I told you before.

Edit: Paranoid.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #56
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

If you feel paranoic, it's not my problem.

Translation: I can't point to another thread, because I've never done this before. I suddenly became interested in exposing a "double standard" because of who opened the thread. Also, I have no concept of why there is a rule in the first place.

Besides, my post was directed to Doc, replying to his comment.

Do you realize that no one agrees with you? Numerous posters have explained why you are wrong. A moderator has told you that you are wrong. You don't even understand the rule that is in place.

I don't care about you anymore, as I told you before.

So then quit stopping down this thread with your whining. I don't stop down your lounge threads.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:00 PM   #57
Chiwas
Guru

BS.

My message is already established.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #58
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Bump, with respect to the Stepania question.

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
as i said in another post, im willing to spend. The problem is that the better the team the harder it is to improve, and the better the team the more the other teams want your top 5 or6 guys and not your 7 -15 guys

m

Thanks for your response.

I know that signing these players does not impact our salary cap flexibility, but i was talking about the free spending days being over as we are not doing any signings/trades just based on talent upgrade anymore, but also paying attention to the luxury tax that the team is going to pay.
I thought this quote was particularly interesting. The fan is asking Cuban why he now pays attention to luxury tax and why the "free spending days" are over. Cuban seems to say that the players available won't improve the team, NOT that he isn't willing to spend the money. If that's the case, is he saying Stepania (for instance) wouldn't improve the team?

The rest of his statement makes no sense. He says that the better your team is, the more other teams want your top 5-6 guys and not your 7-15 guys. If your team is better, theoretically your 7-15 guys would be better, and therefore have more trade value.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:47 PM   #59
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

if you want to argue, take it to PM. subsequent bickering will result in me laying the smacketh down on your candy arses.

actually, no ... i'll just edit every bickering post with lightening fast and deadly swiftness. may god have mercy on your posts.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 09:54 AM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is, this thread may be on the same topic, but it is more than different enough to stand on it's own.

Plus, it's the off season. There's not alot going on at the moment. Is there a problem with having this thread?

Thank you for the hard work KG. It was a good read.

And for the record, I'm only on the bandwagon with Cuban's money...not with him. If he isn't willing to go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to spending, then I would rather have someone else own the team... someone that doesn't think that they are a GM in the making
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote