Old 08-19-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
denig

denig is on a distinguished road
Default Jamison's website and a German article

Jamison's website: http://www.antawnjamison.net/

http://www.freep.com/sports/college/qhoopla28.htm
March 28, 1998
Jamison tops as a player and a person

Antawn Jamison leads North Carolina in scoring. But when he accepted the Associated Press College Player of the Year award Friday, he showed he could hand out the assists, too, thanking ...

President Clinton, who sent him a letter: "Through determination, skill and exceptional self-discipline, you have taken your rightful place among the premier college basketball players today."

His teammates: "There wasn't a lot of people pointing the finger saying they're not getting the same opportunities as Antawn. Payback to them would be to win a national championship."

His parents, Albert and Kathy, for raising him to be a good person, "just being very humble."

Jamison, a junior forward, got 110 votes from a nationwide panel of sports writers and broadcasters. Kansas senior center Raef LaFrentz was second with 35 votes Duke junior guard Trajan Langdon third with 15.

Michigan State sophomore guard Mateen Cleaves got five votes, Eastern Michigan senior guard Earl Boykins one.

More on Antawn

He wears an angel lapel pin as a tribute to his grandmother, who insisted she saw angels guiding him on the court.... His parents named him Antwan; it came out "Antawn" on the birth certificate.... His dad built a hoop in the backyard for his son, but it was 11 feet high, so Antawn had to learn to shoot with a lot of arc.

and from today~
translated from the German:

From Toronto gedraftet, after golden State skillfully

For Jamison, which came 1998 after its third year at the university of North Carolina into the NBA and was gotten by golden the State Warriors in the exchange against Vince Carter from Toronto, the transfer has several positive sides.

For the first time after five unsuccessful, partly extremely unsatisfactory play times he has the chance to reach the Playoffs. Jamison is closer at its family and its homeland, Charlotte in North Carolina ( the best pictures of Dallas ' new one . Now the Sport1-Diashow regards )

And Jamison is closer at his two-year daughter Alexis, who lives with its nut/mother in Memphis.

Parents occasionally with four jobs

Jamison, on 12 June 1976 Shreveport in Louis IANA born, had grown up in civil conditions in Charlotte. Its parents work, occasionally both even in in each case two jobs - than fork-lift truck drivers or charwoman -, in order to make Antawn, for his sister possible Latosha (today 23) and his brother Albert Jr. (17) protected growing up and college training.

For "Twan", how its nut/mother calls him affectionately, there was already in the High School only one hobby: Basketball. Each free minute spent Jamison under the basket, always with the goal of playing once in the NBA.

Grandmother as partners

But while its friends smiled at it, its grandmother made "Twan" for courage Annie Lee Jamison taught her grandchild always actually believe. In memory of its in the meantime the deceased grandmother takes in a calm minute its ring to Jamison before each NBA play out and talks in thoughts with it.

Jamison is more ehrfuerchtiger, God creditor humans. In its childhood it had to go each Sunday to the church. The faith became important for it - not only at God, but also to the NBA career.

Leotard beside of Michael Jordan

At the university of North Carolina developed the 2.06 meters large Modellathlet to the "best player of the yearly 1998". One of its best friends was the German national player Odemola Okulaja. Together with it and that somewhat younger Vince Carter formed the "three Musketiere" for Jamison.

At the university of North Carolina is already Jamison a legend. Its leotard hangs today beside of Michael Jordan.

With Vorschusslorbeeren Jamison started its NBA career. The 27-Jaehrige made 22.2 points per play in the past season and fished 7.0 Rebounds away.

Attention for parents

Jamison is considered as excellent Athlet. To the proof: In the past three years the 2.06 meters large forward missed not one play, stood in 246 plays at the piece in the starting list of its team.

Oakland was more than 90 million dollar for six years worth to Jamison. A sum, with which Jamison wants to return also something.

So to its parents. "you always supported me. Despite their jobs they participated in each play, in each large tournament. That is devotion ", says Jamison, which speaks in highest tones about its family.

Project for distressed ones

But also at distressed ones the superstar thinks. Jamison donates thousands dollar monthly for karitative purposes. The 27-Jaehrige assigned specially a friend to care for its project "A Better Tomorrow".

Livis Freemann, which worries as a president of "ôurFans" also about star the Jerry Stackhouse and Juwan Howard, knows: "Antawn wanted to make one point. It is more important, to give than taking."

Those are things, which do Jamison well. Also he wanted to return something to the Warriors for its confidence, which they set into him.

20,2 points per play

In its five years in the NBA made Jamison 20.2 points on average. It was not enough however, in order to reach with the Warriors the Playoffs.

"only if we each night a sold off resounds have, and a few marks in the Playoffs, has I mean mission fulfilled. Otherwise am I failed ", Jamison had once said. So far it will not now any longer come.

Michael Schwartz
“ If everything we say is going to be scrutinized word by word, with each word having its own independent meaning regardless of context, we all are in trouble. No one can withstand that level of scrutiny. ”
- Mark Cuban
denig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #2
denig

“ If everything we say is going to be scrutinized word by word, with each word having its own independent meaning regardless of context, we all are in trouble. No one can withstand that level of scrutiny. ”
- Mark Cuban
Old 08-19-2003, 11:10 AM   #3
denig

True Feelings on the Trade: by Antawn Jamison

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to all of the Golden State Warriors' fans for their love and support for the past five years. I am going to miss you dearly. We have been through a lot together. I have really enjoyed my time in the Bay.

As you know, all NBA players have the ultimate dream of winning a championship. I feel as though my recent trade to the Dallas Mavericks has put me in the best position possible to turn my championship dreams into a reality. I can not begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to playing with a contender like Dallas. I am so thankful for the chance to play along side players such as Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley and Steve Nash. To have an opportunity to play for one of the greatest coaches (Don Nelson) and owners (Mark Cuban) in the NBA is truly amazing!

This has been a blessed summer for me. In case you didn't know, I was just married a month ago (July 12) to my sweetheart Ione Rucker. We were married in Charlotte in front of 600 of our closest family members and friends. She had just moved to the Bay and was starting to get settled in and now we will be moving to a new city and I will be playing for a new team! We are very excited about all of the opportunities that are awaiting us in Dallas and we look forward to getting to know the city and Mavs' fans.

Antawn with wife Ione

This has also been a crazy summer for the NBA. Who knew that when Karl Malone and Gary Payton signed with the Lakers that teams like the Nets, Timberwolves, Spurs and Mavericks would make such power moves? I can't really say which team has the advantage yet because Who knows what other deals will be made before the season starts? All I can say is I plan to do whatever it takes to help this team win even more and compete for the title.

Well, I have a lot of work to do now, like finding a new house and moving. I just wanted to check in to let my fans know how I feel.

Talk to you soon!

Antawn
- Mark Cuban
Old 08-19-2003, 11:57 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you gotta overpay a guy, better to overpay a guy with a good attitude.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 03:14 PM   #5
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm not the only that thinks this guy is saying the right things. Wow thus far I am very impressed as well as excited.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy has ALWAYS been a good guy and a good interview. He speaks his mind but is always positive.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #7
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

That is a pretty good player website....althought it doesn't compare to Peja Drobnjak. Peja's website has to be the best of all time for athletes.

http://www.nba.com/sonics/drobnjak/manjaks.html
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:12 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chicago JK
That is a pretty good player website....althought it doesn't compare to Peja Drobnjak. Peja's website has to be the best of all time for athletes.

http://www.nba.com/sonics/drobnjak/manjaks.html
"Tonight, your uniform will be wet with tears of sadness."

This website is unreal.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:18 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

If y'all like those, you should check out the Junior Harrington Blog. Here is just an example of kinds of greatness that he writes there:

"Seven Things to Do with Earl Boykins

1. Take him to an amusement park and make him wait while you ride roller coasters he does not meet the height requirement for.
2. Have William Tell try to shoot an apple off his head and miss high, and then William Tell says, "Hey, that apple was much lower than it should have been."
3. Cast him in a buddy action movie with Yao Ming.
4. Put him in a carry-on suitcase.
"

Junior Harrington Blog
Old 08-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #10
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:56 PM   #11
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for the double-up. I just thought this was a cool quote from 'Tawn's website.

"My rebounding numbers will definitely go up on this team," he said. "They'll allow me to go to the boards a lot more. People think I can't play defense, but that's something I take a lot of pride in.

"Imagine Steve running the floor with me on one wing and Dirk on another, and Mike trailing. It's going to be crazy. And in the half-court, it's pick your poison."

Added Nelson: "We have four guys that can explode for 30."

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:59 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jamison's website and a German article

Press conference is on the Ticket right now..... Just an FYI

The Ticket. Click on Listen
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Stitch Jones
Sorry for the double-up. I just thought this was a cool quote from 'Tawn's website.

"My rebounding numbers will definitely go up on this team," he said. "They'll allow me to go to the boards a lot more. People think I can't play defense, but that's something I take a lot of pride in.
I would love to see AJ average 8 boards a game and put a lot of effort in defense. That would be like a dream come true.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote