Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-19-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Which of the two would you rather have?

Last year, the Mavs saw how important it is to have home court advantage. This year, they have new players. Would you allow Nellie some leeway to experiment on lineups so he can see if he has a backup pg in Daniels or Jiri? or to find out if Fortson and Mills can contribute? So, would you rather have the Mavs sacrifice a few games in the name of finding more about the players or would you try gain home court advantage? Which would you have: finding out what the Mavs have or trying to win home court? It would be nice if they were able to do both at the same time.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:39 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I sacrifice the home court to get these guys playing as a team. The Mavs are a great road team.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I don't think you play guys until they have proved it in practice. If they consistenly perform at a high level in practice, then you put them in the game. If they don't produce in the game, then you pull them.

PS - With Dirk, Nash, Finley and Jamison, the Mavericks are a near lock to win 60 games this year. They can score in so many ways that I simply do not seeing them lose more than 22 times this year.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #4
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Which of the two would you rather have?

If they were to get home court advantage I would think they are playing well enough to win the title.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:32 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Home court is just to important in the playoffs. Did Spurs not have homecourt advantage when they won the finals? We should all know how important homecourt is and I think for guys like Daniels or Welsch to develop its going to take longer than a 82 game season. It's a start however. Just don't expect these guys to flourish after a offseason. Welsch might be the more NBA ready when it comes to who will develop first. I just can't imagine Welsch playing the point. He is 6-7 and can shoot the rock. We need a backup shooting guard. I see him getting some minutes there if they plan on using Daniels this off season.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:43 PM   #6
DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler is on a distinguished road

yeh i agree home court is all too important...

SA and Dal were gr8 road teams durin the season..but in the playoffs..SA was better..dal was 4-5 on the road in the playoffs...so home court matters..when its playoffs..and the playoff inexperience of this roster..u need home court..cuz the playoffs is a whole new dif atmosphere compared to the regular season...
Old 08-19-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: steponhens
If they were to get home court advantage I would think they are playing well enough to win the title.
Quote:
SA and Dal were gr8 road teams durin the season..but in the playoffs..SA was better..dal was 4-5 on the road in the playoffs...so home court matters..when its playoffs..and the playoff inexperience of this roster..u need home court..cuz the playoffs is a whole new dif atmosphere compared to the regular season...
Well...I'd have to agree with that, but my point was that the Mavs are a great road team and if this team builds up the chemistry that was posed as an option in this thread that they wouldn't necc. need the home court to win a championship.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote