Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brian Shaw retires, takes front office job

Lakers guard Brian Shaw retiring, taking front office position

September 23, 2003

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Lakers guard Brian Shaw is retiring after 14 NBA seasons to take a front office position with Los Angeles.

The 37-year-old Shaw won three NBA titles in four seasons with the Lakers. The team planned a news conference for Wednesday to announce Shaw's new position.

The 6-foot-6 guard was drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1988 out of University of California-Santa Barbara.

He played with Boston, Miami, Orlando, Golden State, Philadelphia, Portland and Los Angeles, and averaged 6.9 points in 943 NBA games. He averaged a career-best 13.8 points for Boston in 1990-91, his second season.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It was about time he retired, he got his championship rings like every player dreams. With limited minutes last year, I doubt he'll get any more with Payton coming to LA. I think it was a good choice to retire.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
It was about time he retired, he got his championship rings like every player dreams. With limited minutes last year, I doubt he'll get any more with Payton coming to LA. I think it was a good choice to retire.
As much as I dislike him as a player, he's such a bonehead, he seemed to pull the Lakers collective arses out of the fire almost as much as Horry.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote