Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-30-2003, 01:44 AM   #281
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs vs. Warriors game day thread

Najera was very good his first 5 minutes...but damn, Howard looked really good.

both were major contributors
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2003, 01:59 AM   #282
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Mavs vs. Warriors game day thread

I just think this team has outgrown Eddie, for the most part. He might get a charge here and there, but for a tough guy, he sure doesn't rebound worth shit.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:04 AM   #283
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

So, does anybody know why AJ sat so much?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:08 AM   #284
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
In his post game press conference Nelson just said that the group he had in the game was working. He didn't feel he could afford to take any of them out.

Old 10-30-2003, 02:11 AM   #285
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I felt bad for AJ. They showed a shot of him in the fourth sitting on the bench and he didn't look happy to be there, which I understand. I really hope next time we play them there that AJ gets to play heavy minutes and has a moster game.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:17 AM   #286
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

it's unfortunate for jamison..seeing as how he willingly accepted the bench role

i think it would've been a diff story if jamison were a stud on defense..but he isn't

i hope there are enough balls to go around..finley's numbers are atrocious...42 mins and only 3-8 from the field?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 02:26 AM   #287
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I felt bad for AJ. They showed a shot of him in the fourth sitting on the bench and he didn't look happy to be there, which I understand. I really hope next time we play them there that AJ gets to play heavy minutes and has a moster game.
It had to be doubly hard for him considering his replacement played pretty well in the 4th.

Old 10-30-2003, 04:05 AM   #288
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

just got back from the game, and i had a good time even though the game was way too close for comfort!

some observations:
1. dirk was awesome...that shot is so pretty to watch! he had some nice blocks, but he also looked a little lost when he had to man the center position.
2. nash and fin played better tonight...still not up to the usual standards, but it was an improvement over last night.
3. i felt bad for jamison...he was getting booed whenever he had the ball, and it looked like he was startled or scared or something.
4. walker played well...i still can't bring myself to really like him, but i can deal with him.
5. putting eddie in the game really made a difference...we looked a whole lot better out there when he was in
6. josh howard played well
7. speaking of which, why the hell is delk in the starting lineup? put howard in. bradley. fortson. najera. somebody. why are we going back to this small ball crap? that makes no sense to me...
8. whoever was sitting behind me and heckling me for being a mavs fan is way uncool.
9. there seemed to be more people wearing mavs attire than warriors. of course, the vast majority of people were warriors fans, but not many of them had the jerseys.
10. i got antawn and antoine's authographs cuz i stayed after the game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ... but the guys i went with made me leave before fin, nash and dirk came out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #289
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
In his post game press conference Nelson just said that the group he had in the game was working. He didn't feel he could afford to take any of them out.
I THINK YOU CAN ALWAYS AFFORD TO PUT SOMEONE WITH AJ'S TALENT IN THE GAME....BUT I DID NOT SEE THE GAME, WAS HE SUCKING? COME ONE NELLIE, 16 MIN TO THE GUY WHO YOU SAID WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR IN THE FOURTH....THE GUY WITH ALL STAR POTENTIAL...WHO HUMBLED HIMSELF TO SIT THE BENCH....YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE MINUTES FOR THIS GUY.......GET HIM IN THE GAME...HE HAS ALREADY SACRIFICED ENOUGH FOR THIS TEAM....

FINLEY DID A GREAT JOB ONE THE GLASS!! NASH 11 AST AND 2 TURNOVERS....BUT STILL ONLY 3 FOR 9?? OH WELL AT LEAST HE DID HAVE A GREAT PASSING GAME....

ARE WE WALKER BELIEVERS YET??? ONLY TOOK FOUR THREES....0-4.....20PTS 14 BOARDS!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM   #290
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
3. i felt bad for jamison...he was getting booed whenever he had the ball, and it looked like he was startled or scared or something.
Totally not a good sign.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:14 PM   #291
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Jamison: Why he didn't get more minutes tonight, I'll never know
because the Mavs were better with one less scoring option on the court.

you forgot howard and fortson

where you put them is your own decision..but they all deserve mention
I beg to differ folks.

Jamison sat on the bench because Najera was playing the 5 in the zone defense. Najera made a HUGE impact on the defensive end.

You guys who didn't see that were watching a different game.

When Najera came in Dirk shifted to the 3 & Walker to the 4. The difference on offinse was the Dirk & Nash high pick & roll.

And btw - Nowitzki DID NOT have a good defensive game until he shifted to the 3 either. He was clueless in the middle, was rarely in propper position to help or deny the passing lanes, and got roughed up by Dampier & Robinson.

If Nowitzki is going to be a 5 then we're hosed unless he can sack it up or Nelly acquires a shotblocker.

Not really true. Dirk had 2 blocks while playing center and made dampier miss a lot of shots when he played center.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:18 PM   #292
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Totally not a good sign.
My thoughts exactly. The Mavs have to play too many big games on the road and I hope he handles the pressure better. He had a pretty good game against L.A. though so I'm not really concerned yet.