Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-23-2003, 04:22 PM   #201
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas-Carolina Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree
Refs win, refs win!
Mark, is that you?
Old 11-23-2003, 04:23 PM   #202
jmiles65

jmiles65 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas-Carolina Game Day Thread

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 8-3 baby.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:23 PM   #203
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Well, Carolina played their worst game of the year BY FAR, and barely lost on the road, so im not worried. Nice win Cowyboys.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:24 PM   #204
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty good when your defense has a sub-par game and only gives up 20 points and 242 yards of total offense
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:26 PM   #205
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's good to see the cowboys finally adjust to their poor rushing attack by using short passes and the TE to act virtually as a running game.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #206
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

SO MANY guys stepped up and made big plays today.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #207
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

A nice win by the boys. We managed to run out the clock which is probably how we won the game.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #208
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

GAMEDAY THREAD POINT....PLEASE READ!!!!!

Thanks for an enjoyable gameday thread. There is one HUGE difference in this gameday thread and all the others recently....the lack of irritation. Even on dissenting points the conversation has been fun, and good. Thanks. For obvious reasons I will not comment on why I KNOW this thread was a lot of fun, but it clearly was and I had a good time talking to you all.

U2 knows EXACTLY what I mean. What a victory. The Cowboys are virtually assured the playoffs and have garnered the confidence that could make them surprise some teams in the playoffs.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #209
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say that the defense played a sub par game. They shut down one of the best backs in the game. That was the key. They hit a couple of big plays against Newman, but overall the defense showed up.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #210
dallas_esq
Golden Member

One thing that "leave Newman out there alone" coverage did was force the Panthers into a quick strike situation instead of a ball controlling time eating one. I think you are right MaxPower about how they won by taking time off at the end.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #211
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree bogey... this was the best of the year.

I was thinking that if we could win either this game or Miami on Thursday we could start talking about the post-season. Excellent win. Our Defense was sub-par (compared to the rest of the season) and our Offense stepped it up. Now let's get consistency on Offense and we will be primed for the post-season.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 04:35 PM   #212
dallas_esq
Golden Member

BILL! "You can't call us losers any more." tear,sniff,sniff, I know Bill!
Old 11-23-2003, 04:35 PM   #213
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I wouldn't say that the defense played a sub par game. They shut down one of the best backs in the game. That was the key. They hit a couple of big plays against Newman, but overall the defense showed up.
Compared to other games this year I think the argument could be made that it was sub-par. But overall they played great.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #214
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Compared to other games this year I think the argument could be made that it was sub-par. But overall they played great.
edit: The point was worth repeating.

Old 11-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #215
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

You take away a couple of bad pass intereference calls and our defense looked even better.

wow. 8-3. Who would have thunk it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #216
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man does bill parcell looks like he's building up to another nervous breakdown. this guy looks like this game just eats him up. It almost looks like some sort of addiction to him. Gosh watching him give postgame shows makes me really feel for the guy. You can just see the tension and stress building on this guy. man, he's earning his money man.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #217
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Not to float my own boat..... well, okay maybe I am... BUT...

I am 4-0 when starting Cowboy Game Day threads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #218
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Man does bill parcell looks like he's building up to another nervous breakdown. this guy looks like this game just eats him up. It almost looks like some sort of addiction to him. Gosh watching him give postgame shows makes me really feel for the guy. You can just see the tension and stress building on this guy. man, he's earning his money man.
It is an addiction. We too often forget about the price these people pay personally to do what they do. Yes, they choose it and love it, and they are well compensated, but Bill Parcells has no life. I feel sorry for him too, because he wins games for me. If he didn't I would tell him to get a new job anyway. Parcells would win the Super Bowl and say, "I've been in this situation before...I'm gonna study film now because we've got a lot to do for next season.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #219
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I just saw the bob knight interveiw about parcells saying that right after he had won a super bowl griping about his team. Almost like he can't help himself, he needs the juice but it seems like it just kills him... Wow, the drive of some folks is really astounding.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:00 PM   #220
bogey
Banned

I think Parcells is one of those guys who isn't happy unless he has something to worry about.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:04 PM   #221
Murphy3
Guru

a good game by QCar today...
Old 11-23-2003, 05:32 PM   #222
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
You take away a couple of bad pass intereference calls and our defense looked even better.

wow. 8-3. Who would have thunk it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Add a couple of pass interferences not called, and take away a few other BS calls and Carolina might have won.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #223
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:

Add a couple of pass interferences not called, and take away a few other BS calls and Carolina might have won.
That's loser talk. The calls went both ways.

The refs had nothing to do with Stephen Davis's 52 yards and 2.1 yards per carry.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #224
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:

And take away a few highly questionable pass interference call against Dallas and this might have been a blowout. And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyone would have a merry Christmas.

Bottom line Dallas won this game.

Old 11-23-2003, 07:56 PM   #225
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Cowboys should've won this by more than 4 points. Granted there were bad calls on both side of the ball the 2 interference plays is what got the Panthers down field and they both were not interference calls. The defense played great today. When the Panthers have 170 passing yards and Davis manages to get 56 that and still manage to score 20 points tells you something.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote